[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/smoking/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1483060205514s.jpg (7KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
1483060205514s.jpg
7KB, 207x243px
I've never smoked a cigarette before. I gotta ask, what made you start smoking? Even knowing all the risks and anti-smoking movements. Do you just not give a fuck?
>>
smoking tobacco will make you more miserable.
>>
File: 14803871853642.jpg (176KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
14803871853642.jpg
176KB, 349x356px
>>34185125
The loser robots on here? Guaranteed to be peer pressure, even if they say otherwise.

"Hey anon, have a smoke"
"N-no thanks Chad... I'm f-fine"
"Go on you fuckin' pussy"
"O-okay Chad"
>>
>>34185125
Depressed and it feels nice. If I had a chance now, I wouldn't get into it again. But I'm not too worried about cancer or anything because I'll an hero far before then.
>>
>>34185125
It helps me cope with anxiety, basically smoking is stress killer.
>>
I am a Jew, I try to waste as little money as possible. If someone gave me a pack of Cigarettes for free, I'd smoke them.
>>
>>34185125
The anti smoking movement is retarded

You ever seen the one where it says smokers earn 20% less?

complete fact manipulation to push a narrative that smoking = less money

when in reality

people who work shitty, stressful, low paying jobs tend to smoke because of it
>>
Started to fit in and talk to girls when I got my first job. Regret it. Currently out of money and can't afford any. Don't get paid for 8 days. Haven't had a cigarette in almost 48 hours. I want one badly. It's been 5 years since I started.
>>
>>34185379
Beat up some high schoolers.
>>
>>34185125
I've never understood the appeal myself. I can distinctly recall having dreams where I smoked, though, and it was neither a positive nor a negative experience, just a strangely vivid one.

Much like drinking caffeine regularly, the effects of nicotine are nice until your physiology adapts and then you cease to experience them and simply need it to feel normal and not shitty. It's a trap people fall into.
>>
like that other anon it helps cope with my depression
dont have that much anxiety as i used to when i got into smoking, but i am more depressed.
i only smoke one a day if even that.
>>
>>34185125
I started smoking hookah because I like the flavor and the large clouds. I quit because I stopped finding it enjoyable/felt like I was just chasing the nicotine buzz and not even paying attention to the smoke anymore. Might start vaping soon.

Cigarettes are for morons.
>no clouds
>no flavor
>lasts like 5 minutes, if that
>stinks like shit
>the smell contaminates your clothes car and house
>expensive
>makes probably at least 25% of people instantly dislike you for stinking up the earth
I hate when you nasty motherfuckers walk past me and make me smell your putrid stench.
>>
>>34185507
You can always tell a cigarette smoker. All it takes is one whiff. The most offensive odor on this planet. I'd rather hang out with someone who never showers than be around a smoker.
>>
>>34185125

Well, when you first try a cigarette, you don't necessarily think you're going to get hooked, that's the bottom line, and quite frankly in a lot of instances, you simply don't. Some people just dabble and then give it up altogether. I remember smoking on and off for several years, quitting, and experiencing next to no withdrawals symptoms or cravings thereafter. But the potential pitfall of addiction is still a very real possibility, and a year and a half later, after being arrested and put on house arrest (bored out of my fucking skull) I decided to take it up again, and eventually got myself properly addicted, like I'd never been before..

So, I think there's lessons to be learnt here. It's a terrible thing to take up, and I think some people are more prone to dependency than others, but I managed my "habit" quite well for some time, and was initially able to quit quite easily..
>>
>>34185545
Jeez, cigarette stench doesn't smell that bad. Outside it actually smells pretty nice. Inside however, yeah it stinks. But I'd say a person who doesn't shower much stinks a lot more than a smoker.
>>
File: megumin.png (66KB, 195x392px) Image search: [Google]
megumin.png
66KB, 195x392px
>>34185507
You got a few points there lad

But let me give a few counterpoints

>No clouds
It gives off enough smoke to satisfy my autism, not massive clouds, but still a lot
>No flavor
Stop smoking shitty cigarettes
>lasts like 5 minutes
A nice break from work, or a good excuse to step outside and calm down during a social gathering
>stinks like shit
that's true
>smell contaminates
I only smoke outside, so not really
>expensive
I make enough
>people hate me for it
implying i fucking care
>>
>>34185125
Smoking

Pros:
Kills you earlier
Is calming you down
Possible to socialite with other smokers

Cons:
Its expensive

It feels to me like its worth it.
>>
>>34185125
I've got 20 years of smoking in me. I'm holding out pretty good for my age, thanks to above average genes. I've never looked forward to living life past 50, so yeah, you can say I don't give a fuck, in a way.
>>
>>34185572
I have a vietnamese manager who stinks so badly of cigarette smoke, it is impossible to breathe within 3 feet of him. Probably where most of my hatred for the smell comes from.
>>
>>34185612
Kills you painfully though.
>>
>>34185612
It only calms you down when you are addicted and suffering from withdrawal.
>>
>>34185507
>you don't look like the biggest fucking wanker this side of mars
>girls who smoke find the feint smell of smoke in clothes and on you comforting
>>
>>34185125
Years back, I brought a pipe just because I thought it looked nice and wanted it as a kind of ornament or something
I then wanted to try it and got some tobacco for it. I kept smoking it daily for about 3 months, until I needed it more than once a day. Since I couldnt take a pipe into work, I started on the ciggies. They took the edge off, but I quit after it fucked up my stamina (walking up a set of stairs had me puffing and panting).
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.