[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe people on 4chan are intellectual ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: 1475228911756.png (229KB, 628x708px) Image search: [Google]
1475228911756.png
229KB, 628x708px
Do you believe people on 4chan are intellectual ?
>>
No I believe they are just as autistic and stupid as me.
>>
Everywhere but /pol/ and /v/
>>
>>34183863
yes we are very smart
>>
>>34183863
any board except /r9k/ desu
>>
>>34183863
they are of above average intelligence, which is not that special
>>
I consider myself incredibly intelligent. I can predict things before they happen.
>>
>>34183863
There's probably a fair number that are somewhat to very naturally intelligent

Most of them likely won't have developed their intellect very much but I'm sure some will have

In general people on here have a very different outlook on life, probably by being more disconnected from the mainstream where everyone is "renormalised" by the opinions and reactions of their peers. I guess that can make them more interesting, though not necessarily intellectual
>>
Yeah,they come here mostly felling in the too intelligent to be socially functional meme
>>
File: IMG_2812.jpg (96KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2812.jpg
96KB, 640x640px
>>34184924
>tfw to intelligent to use memes properly
>>
4chan as a collective is the most powerful and intelligent entity on earth
>>
>>34183863
I think so. I can solve a variety of captchas be it tracing stop signs (there's no difference between a street crossing triangle thing, a stop sign or a hazard sign in my world but i can acknowledge these things existence and that's something. i failed my learners test 5 times), picking storefronts and typing numbers. To think of the complexity of the neural network to even post this sort of thing! surely, i know more than this red conglomerate of rectangles does. even if it did know more what's it going to do generate more rectangles with text in them? im practically the smartest in the world. im yet to witness anyone think like me
>>
4chan is autism with a mask of anonymity to cover for the social awkwardness.
>>
File: massage.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
massage.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>34184924
>he fell for the self-hate in the shadow of what he could possibly be meme
>>
People will try to say no since most people here are so socially awkward, but the truth is, /r9k/ really is one of the most intelligent places on earth.
>>
I'm pretty sure anyone with under 140 IQ is basically retarded, me included
>>
>>34183863
everyone on 4chan is dumb or pretending to be dumb
>>
File: 1484564608081.png (556KB, 2753x2718px) Image search: [Google]
1484564608081.png
556KB, 2753x2718px
>Do you believe people on 4chan are intellectual ?
No. There's always the smart anon, the average anon, and the retard anon.

But if they end up in /r9k/, they're most likely a loser. Myself included.
>>
File: IMG_0832.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0832.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>34184975
>mom told you your iq was 160
>went through high school like peter parker in the black spider man suit, dating 180 kubrick loving bell curve back door psychopaths from lit because my self-perception perplexed them
>mom tells me iq is 115 years later after having read all the great philosophers voraciously challenging self day to day
what a mind fuck MY youth was
>>
>>34184955
>tfw you are 4chan
>>
>>34183863
No and I can proof it.
We can assume that I'm very smart.
In addition we use the fact that the percentage of smart people around the world is lower than the percentage of dumb and normal people.
Now if use the methods of Bayes statistics we can conclude that by picking a random ammount of people from 4chan we would find with high propability people that are not as smart as I am.
Therefore we get that the average 4chan person is dumb.
>>
>>34185066
this was really funny to read
>>
File: 1484247160634.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484247160634.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>34185066
>we assume that people here are stupid
>then we pick a random amount of hypothetically assumed stupid people
>now we can conclude that people here are stupid
>>
>>34185066
By your logic, the probability of you and I being below average is really high. At least you got half of it right
>>
>>34185085
that's how they "proofed" that aliens (if they exist) would be giants in relation to us humans. dumb statisticians thinking this is math.
>>
>>34183863
no, nobody on 4chan is intellectual. a true intellectual would never even be here
>>
>>34185121
How can you be the judge of that when you are admittedly not a true intellectual yourself?
>>
I used to hold the faintest hope that 4chan in general was reasonably smart with a smidgen of self awareness but the recent /pol/ spillover has made me ashamed that I ever thought that. It's as 4chan has indoctrinated vulnerable kids by making them feel independent and clearer thinking than everybody else but then feeding them propaganda by ironically exploiting them emotionally. The 4chan of today is honestly no different from the bigoted bullies and harassers of high school.
>>
>>34185108
no that we ar normal smart. the gist of it is like chosing a random amount of peopld all over the world, then the probability is high to get people from the 5 countries with the highest population. this is logical since the 5 countries with the highest population match half of the whole population of the earth
>>
>>34185127
i don't have to be a true intellectual in order to know what a true intellectual is. a patrician will continuously read, write and learn and stay away from the cancerous places of the internet (social networks, 4chan, just to name 2). i am not sure if intellectuals exists in this cursed age, but i'm confident to state that no intellectuals would waste their time on 4chan
>>
File: iveneverseenavagina.jpg (10KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
iveneverseenavagina.jpg
10KB, 185x273px
>>34185115
was the spokesperson using himself as a reference being an alien jew funny haha

what do you guys think being smart is like? i imagine it just like a fall of troy or an autechre song but no matter what you do. like if youre shuffling file papers or watching batman youre just seeing mathematical models fly at you and all kinds of physical nuances and you're so entertained the rest of your life is relatively inward and outwardly simple and complaint but you dont think to express what you see nor does anyone ask. maybe the days are just seconds long in hyper drive and that's why people say "lifes short"
>>
>>34185160
>i don't have to be a true intellectual in order to know what a true intellectual is

You do. You are a saying that you, not a true intellectual, can judge the actions of someone above you.
>>
File: 1481642097659.png (404KB, 729x685px) Image search: [Google]
1481642097659.png
404KB, 729x685px
>>34185160
>tfw your shitpost backfires and explodes in your head
>>
>>34185195
shitposting is an illusion anon
>>
>>34185177
>if you aren't X/above X you cannot understand X
according to your logic, if I'm not a rocket scientist I cannot understand what a rocket scientist is?
>>
>>34185238
spon feed why is allusion
>>
>>34185176
being smart is painful. you see how the world follows only a simple pattern of primitive initial value conditions in form of survival instincts. Realizing how your personality is only a product of your instincts and how few control you have over your own life is truly demolishing.
>>
>>34185242
it goes to the point that you would need to understand the inner workings of someone of that level to know whether they would or wouldn't perform such an action.

as for myself as a self annointed geniuis 4chan is one of the best websites in the world and understands why other smart people would like it here too
>>
>>34185242
I am saying that someone who isn't a true intellectual is in no position to dictate the actions of a true intellectual.

If you just want to insist on your definition of a true intellectual being correct, then we are obviously not talking about the same thing.

To me, a true intellectual would be someone of superior intelligence. Someone of inferior intelligence cannot by his own nature understand someone of superior intelligence.
>>
You guys don't know what intelligence means.
Have you guys ever heard of multiple intelligence ?
>>
>>34185301
Intelligence is the ability to aquire knowledge.
>>
>>34185242
isn't that logical? the way is the goal. if you don't know what a rocket scientist knows how can you know ehat one is?
>>
>>34185280
>>34185291
you boys obviously fell for the so smart and eccentric xDDD meme. an intellectual wouldn't waste time on 4chan, it's a fact.

>a true intellectual would be someone of superior intelligence
you don't even know the difference between intelligent/intellectual
>>
>>34185246
using any label external to you to explain your own behavior is only to perpetuate deviation from the thing you were born to do, also autism
>>34185249
oh ya as a dumbfag what i do is pretend to be everything except my basic genetic patterns like that stuff is just leftover garbage
>>
>>34185336
>intellectual wouldn't waste time on 4chan
this is true

this place is a wasteland, devoid of any signs of intelligent life

aliens would see this website and want to purge humanity to start over again
>>
>>34185336
>x which I defined as only doing y only does y

You sure are intelligent. A real intellectual.
>>
>>34185323
there's a difference between knowing what X is and understanding X. in order to state "I know X" you don't need to understand X. for instance, I know what physics: a science that explores A, B, C... even though I do not understand 1% of it
>>
>>34185429
hes just pretending to think hes dumb because he realized street smarts and success are more important than whatever his preconception of intelligence was and persecuting the whole board to make his masochism more real or something like that
>>
I'd say yes, but they are hidden beneath the sea of shitposting. There is many reasons for an intellectual to visit and post on 4chan actually.

From learning about the reactions of people who aren't normalfags, to the classic case of putting monkeys in a room with a typewriter, eventually they'll write something good.

To discussing viewpoints outside the mainstream that are not accepted (/pol/ comes to mind - different viewpoints are helpful to understand and better refine your own, and contruct better counterarguments, and so on.

Just my guesses as to why an "intellectual" would come here.

Persoanlly, I feel the term "Intellectual" is obsolete, as we now realise we're all retarded.

And any intellectual coming here would feel the same, they're just retarded.
>>
>>34185441
that depends on your own viewpoint and I know what you mean, but you miss deeper understanding on why a physician exists in the first place.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.