[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Centre left or centre right, or just being straight centre

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Does r9k believe that being near centre is akin to political cowardice? Or do you just think that extreme centrism is political cowardism.
>>
No. Being more center doesn't mean you have a lack of opinion or lack conviction. It's just that those opinions and convictions are more politically center or appeal to both sides
>>
>>34181192
No, it has nothing to do with cowardice.

Are you familiar with the concept of the "radical center?" This is the idea of an ideology that aggressively takes good ideas from both the left and the right and doesn't pay attention to party lines.
>>
Implying a willingness to judge each issue without bowing to a party line is somehow cowardly.

Political cowardice is when you blindly cling to a stance because you need an Us to side with against Them and as part of your desperate need to feel you belong.
>>
>>34181490
>a willingness to judge each issue without bowing to a party line
do you really think this is the definition of a centrist? if so, you're a fuckin idiot.
>>
>>34181358
>>34181490
if your political efficacy is still viewing politics as one party vs another then yeah youre probably center lol

>>34181192
Being center means you either have hypocritical, inconsistent beliefs or you just don't know much about politics and vote based on a combination of what's best for your immediate self interest and what is socially acceptable
>>
>>34181684
Can you give an example of what you suggest characterizes the center? What is a set of inconsistent or short sighted beliefs that defines centrism?
>>
imo center means I like things just how they are (left or right is only defined by the specific political climate), which I guess isn't cowardly if it's one thing but if it's a person's general trend I think it is yeah
>>
>>34181192

if anything you'll catch more bullshit from everyone else getting mad you're not on their "team" rather than just ideological opponents

the concept is dumb anyway since you could have extreme views on different topics that balance each other out and put you in the center, eg if I want death penalty for shop lifting but also abortion at 9 months that balances out and puts me in the center of your diagram along with people who just dont care that much

modern politics is fucking retarded since people treat it like supporting a sports team and not actually trying to logically work out each issues preferable outcome and how to achieve it
>>
>>34181192
No, political cowardism is subscribing to whatever views are popular among your peers

Centrism is respectable and quite often the wisest position
>>
I'd consider myself a radical centrist.
>>
File: itk11.jpg (60KB, 471x691px) Image search: [Google]
itk11.jpg
60KB, 471x691px
>>34181192
the world isn't black and white you fucking peon
>>
>>34181976
IE some kind of nazi
>>
>>34182026
OP here, I just wanted some opinions on the matter is all, jeez.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.