[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask an anon who just paid off his student loans anything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Ask an anon who just paid off his student loans anything
>>
how's the liberal arts degree
>>
File: 1479416888261.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479416888261.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>34179249
BS in Math but thanks for trying
>>
>>34179224
What is your employment? Has your degree assisted you in getting employed and performing at your job?
>>
>>34179318
Data Analyst at a insurance firm

Yes it has. My math background and a small senior project we did on data analysis using R and SAS for my programming competency (even though I was pretty comfortable in C) was enough to wow the interviewer.

Had to fight CS majors for this gig but it worked out.
>>
>>34179371
Sweet, as chance has it I'm planning on a bachelors in math as well (only in first year of college). Did you choose pure or applied? Do you think the choice matters?
>>
>>34179436
It depends on what you want to do.

I went for pure because I had no idea what I wanted to do with it, but at the end I knew data analysis was for me. Luckily, my college required me to take like 7 math classes as electives (besides the ones for my pure major) so I took stats courses and that was worth it. Pure is also full of spergs and other autists wanting to go for PhD.

Look into your applied course catalog. Are you okay with having to take business/economics courses? Do you want to go into the straight to the industry and not in any chance go to grad school? Do you want to do stocks or actuarial science? If you answered yes to any of these, then applied is for you!

Honestly it doesn't matter unless you are going to a higher end firm (who require specific degrees in math not just pure math will do). But if you're just like me and like math and want to get a math degree, pure is the master race (hence the name) and smartest people get pure since they're not in it for the money just research.

Also since you just started, TAKE A PROGRAMMING COURSE ASAP. Python or C. DO IT. If you can do that, then try to pick some up yourself. By your Junior year, you'll have at least 2 languages and a math background. Scouter will be on your dick like herpes
>>
File: paid off.png (7KB, 746x95px) Image search: [Google]
paid off.png
7KB, 746x95px
Congrats man, i know that feel too well. Finally paid off my 3 year old 4k debt.
>>
>>34179299
job?

organelle comment.
>>
>>34179436
>>34179609
he should just take the online harvard cs50 desu
>>
>>34179654
It looks like you just paid it off outright?

Mine was $3500 since May when I graduated, took a few months (started around October) but it feels good.
>>34179673
Data analyst at an insurance firm.
>>
>>34179747
>Data analyst at an insurance firm.
so you help mr shekelstein scam the rest of us?

what exactly do you do on a daily basis?
>>
>>34179747
Yea I was saving up for a while.
>>
>>34179224
Congrats dude! Do you have any debt besides a mortgage? Credit cards, car payments, etc?
>>
>>34179764
Daily consist of looking though a particular project/task that my team is assigned. We'll have to analyze a bunch of client data that will help Mr. Jewberg see best course of action i.e. What minuscule thing can we save money in?

>>34179791
Congrats brah.
>>34179816
I have a pretty big car loan. I can pay it off, but there is no interest on the loan so I'd rather pay off my credit cards monthly (The reason they're so high I just moved into an apartment and had to buy a lot of shit)
>>
>>34179911
>Daily consist of looking though a particular project/task that my team is assigned. We'll have to analyze a bunch of client data that will help Mr. Jewberg see best course of action i.e. What minuscule thing can we save money in?
can you give an example.

where have we been jewed?
>>
>>34179957
For example, sometimes after running it through some equations, it turns out that it's cheaper to let the customer have $20 credit than to allow them to keep having paperless statements (less likely to see it, less likely to fiddle around small fees and question about it)

The strangest we found so far was one that proved that people without insurance are "healthier" and have a higher chance to survive brain cancer than those with insurance. Of that, rich white males with insurance were the highest deaths, whereas poor black males with no insurance had the lowest death rate on that particular brain cancer.

So poor and minority= less chance of dying.
>>
>>34180162
>For example, sometimes after running it through some equations, it turns out that it's cheaper to let the customer have $20 credit than to allow them to keep having paperless statements (less likely to see it, less likely to fiddle around small fees and question about it)
wtf, why are paper statements bad?

>Of that, rich white males with insurance were the highest deaths, whereas poor black males with no insurance had the lowest death rate on that particular brain cancer.
so something associated with being rich and white is causing that particular brain cancer more than likely. that would be hard as fuck to find.
>>
>>34179224
how much did you budget each month for your gf?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.