[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: christchan.png (262KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
christchan.png
262KB, 678x678px
What are the benefits of being a Christian?

Can this Jesus guy really help me out of my depression and lack of motivation?

What would be the most based domination to join (no catholicism)?
>>
>>34177888
Just be a Jew. Not only are Jews smart and hard-working, but they are also incredibly loyal to each other. Also, the Hebrew language is like learning a cool dead language, and it is based on math.
>>
episcopalian (protestant) and eastern orthodox are the most patrician after catholicism
>>
>>34177928
you can't convert your heritage
real jews won't accept you
>>
>>34177888
>What are the benefits of being a Christian?
Nothing that waifuism can't surpass.

>Can this Jesus guy really help me out of my depression and lack of motivation?
Not as well as the waifu who actually is for you.

>What would be the most based domination to join (no catholicism)?
You already are a 4chan, the final form of humanity.
>>
>>34177948
I know. It makes me sad. Maybe if I'm like 20% Jewish or something, they'd accept me. I guess you're only a real Jew if your mother's a Jew. FUCK
>>
File: 1450475317553.jpg (52KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450475317553.jpg
52KB, 720x960px
>>34177888
Just be a Muslim, OP.

You get to choose a little girl to marry and rape every month.
>>
>>34177888

Jesus didn't come to "un-depress" or "motivate" people and it's the modern conception of happiness = comfort that has caused a lot of prosperity-gospel type ideas about how Jesus will make you happy. Jesus wanted to do something much bigger and wants to bring a different type of happiness when you walk in communion with God.

So yeah, Jesus won't cure your depression but he is a pretty sweet dude who you should check out. Jesus will go with you to therapy.

I won't tell you which denominations are based but I would advise you to read the epistolary books (1 Peter, Corinthians, etc.) and see which modern churches adhere to the advice given by Paul and the other authors. Churches that do that best are going to be the best bet.
>>
>>34177888
I can't gaurantee you will fell less depressed, but I have a reason not to kill myself.
I would reccomed being Esstern Orthodox or a non-denominational Protestant since some denominations are basically sjw safe spaces or borderline cults.
>>
>>34178433
>epistles
>not gospels

This fucker doesn't value the red letters
>>
>>34177888
OP I have pretty good insight into this situation seeing as someone close to me was on the way to killing themselves before being talked out of it and converted by a Christian missionary.

Whatever church you align yourself with, make sure it's one with ideology you can agree with. I would say that the main benefits of being a Christian (or, really, a fervent and active believer in any religion) are the social connections. Who you interact with in society can literally redefine you as a person as I have seen with my friend. Christianity reformed him from being one of the most violent and tortured people I have ever known to one of the most peaceful and fervent believers of a faith I have yet seen.
>>
File: bc3.png (94KB, 904x692px) Image search: [Google]
bc3.png
94KB, 904x692px
>>34177928
>>34178029
Daily reminder that Kekism is the one true redpill.
>>
>>34178499

I value the gospels as well and I think they should guide your choice of church as well. I just brought up the epistles because they're more "directly" about the earthly institution of the church and might be more accessible to a new convert.

So yeah, I value those red letters, man.
>>
Best Denom would be Orthodox Christianity (the practices of the Apostles) and it's what Catholicism split off from, in america you can find Churches in most major cities atleast.

I was a neet for 3 years who grew up athiest and was really into edgy nihilist philosophy before sort of coming to a better understanding. Once I started praying and focusing on Christ my social anxiety and depression largely went away. Only recently started going to church (though bad weather has prevented me from going very frequently and actually getting involved socially)

A good way to think about it, in terms of motivation I guess, is that God and Christ as the Truth and sort of Absolute Perfection and the thing that gives order to life. Without having that concrete thing, in practical terms, there is no actual rational reason why anything has any meaning/value or that you should do anything. If you deny God and absolute truth, then devaluing everything else is only rational.

All good and truth can only be derived from the perfect good/truth, and if you want it you must pursue Christ. The reason/rationalism keeping most people from accepting it is just Pride, as truth is eternal and outside of us and to think a person could rationally understand it through reason is just egotism.

If you deny something that is fundamental to everything (as basically everyone nowadays has) you should expect to feel bad and unfulfilled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdGUnSu49hg
monksare also cool robotish
>>
>>34178433
Nihilism is the cause of his motivation and depression issues, and Christ is the Truth.

All good is only be the Grace of God.

>>34178476
I've found I only start falling back to more negative stuff if I start to distance myself from Christ, so long as I read, pray, and attend services I haven't really had problems.

>>34178658
You can only understand Christ if you humble yourself and break down your pride first, you can't go expecting stuff and receive it. Why would one's worldly desires, the products of being developed and living in the world, be in line or consistent with the transcendent Truth?
>>34178991
traps are gay
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.