[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Illness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1470082528120.jpg (235KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1470082528120.jpg
235KB, 1024x1024px
Is it worth seeing someone and getting perscribed drugs for depression?
I hear the side effects can get pretty extreme

anyone here on any anti-depressants?
>>
I am diagnosed with depression, and my psychiatrist keeps pushing anti-depressants, which makes me skeptical. I am very untrusting of drugs. I won't even take cold medicine if I have a cold. Should I just take the anti-depressants?
>>
File: 1482979330291.jpg (4KB, 178x200px) Image search: [Google]
1482979330291.jpg
4KB, 178x200px
I was forced to take Prozac when I was about 13 and it out me in a mental hospital for awhile. If you're feeling bad about your outlook the best thing to do is make some positive changes. Make your bed every morning. Eat some yummy mango and avocado. Do a couple pushups you'll be aight.
>>
>>34177257
Do it anon. I was the same and my life is better now.
>>
Depends on the antidepressant. The one I just got on causes me to have extremely bad stomach aches and panic attacks the moment I wake up. It has also killed off my sex drive.
>>
>>34177304
I wish i could set myself a routine, but every time I try i feel completely unmotivated and exhausted to carry on (average weight) whether that's trying to talk to someone or needing to write an email I feel like there's no point in either
My apetite had pretty much went also, been eating about a bowl of pasta a day or a few snacks

>>34177368
Context?
How long before you could notice changes
>>
>>34177226
if you have never tried it and are feeling confident enough to confide in someone, you should try. there are going to be bad stories, but it could actually work for you and it's silly to waste that chance

>t. someone who doesn't want to tell anyone about his problems so hasn't taken any meds
>>
>>34177410
What if i dont want to have a sex drive anymore?
ive given up all hope on getting a gf
>>
>>34177522
You're right, I should probably take the chance before it's too late
I'm just worried that I won't ever be able to get it up or that I'll start getting really fat because of the side effects but I guess that's better than being in my head 24/7
>>
>>34177535
It's different for everyone, so you might as well try it out for a few months. If it doesn't do anything try a few more.
>>
>>34177226
>>34177257
I think the question you should be asking is if all negative effects are reversed after you stop taking them. If so, it's likely safe to try.

I personally have never heard of anyone being permanently damaged from taking the drugs.
>>
I got put onto antidepressants which causes drowsiness as a side effect. It hasn't helped me with my sadness and break downs but it has helped with my sleep
>>
>>34177612
antidepressants got rid of all my emotions. I didn't get depressed as badly as before, but I also couldn't feel happiness. I also gained a ton of weight. Another thing is antidepressants can give you more energy which actually makes some people motivated enough to commit suicide.

Definitely doesn't work on all people, watch out for the side effects. What other therapy have you tried? Medication should be last resort.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.