[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degeneracy & Cartoons

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 3453454568976.png (82KB, 633x352px) Image search: [Google]
3453454568976.png
82KB, 633x352px
So, are cartoons degenerate?
Western & Eastern.
>>
Western definitely are.
>>
Western = shit for 10 year old white trash
Eastern = mature and sophisticated
>>
>>34167817
I wouldnt say theyre degenerate but theyre cartoons, not really something someone thats not a child should watch.
>>
>>34167817

Western cartoons are degenerate, but sadly so, because so much work goes into them that an adult can easily appreciate it.
>>
>>34168102
That's actually why I started this thread.
I've been seeing them due to a break recently (staying with family). Got me kind of sad. Wasted potential.
>>
>>34168135

It's really more of a societal thing. Cartoons from the boomers' childhoods were generally shit that no one over 8 years old could stand to watch, and that's still how they're seen today.
>>
Most western and eastern shit is degenerate.
Western: see anything on cartoon network
Eastern: see any moeshit designed to pander to otakus

However, that doesn't mean everything is bad.
There are some good western cartoons, and there are some good eastern cartoons.
>>
>>34167817
Why does a board about complete bottom of the barrel losers complain about degeneration?
>>
>>34168135

Also, people confuse "marketed towards children" with "only children would enjoy this."

I think bronies made openly watching cartoons as a hobby irredeemable, though. But it's on its way back.
>>
>>34168219
could you name some exceptions to the rule, considering

>Most western and eastern shit is degenerate.

?
>>
>>34168305
>I think bronies made openly watching cartoons as a hobby irredeemable, though.
Agreed
>>
Eastern shows are pretty degenerate. Pretty hard to find great eastern cartoons. There are more of them though

A lot of western cartoons give me feels. They seem to have a lot more effort put into them and are more subtle when talking about real world things.
>>
>>34168308
That isn't what matters. What matters is that you find whatever you personally think isn't terrible, and watch it, because this boils down to preference.
But from my opinion, eastern and western cartoons with mature, well done writing are the exceptions.

Rick and morty (inb4 >reddit), Cowboy Bebop, Early Simpsons/Futurama, Steins;Gate, Monogatari, etc.
I don't watch too many cartoons anyway, and these could be considered entry-level to either culture's cartoon medium, but the point is that they should be good shows, not just good cartoons.
West or East, you should be able to objectively separate the cartoon from the medium it's presented in, and still be able to see a good show, with good qualities underneath the medium.

In contrast, if you tried doing that to moeshit, spongebob, or whatever, you'd get kawaii sugoii anime girls doing random things for 12 hours, and fart jokes, respectively.

Of course these are only my opinions. Your idea of what makes a good show may drastically vary.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIiNxvGmIdI

Reminder that even the "dumb" stuff you watched when you were five had so much work put into it.
>>
>>34168644
This was insightful, thank you.
>>
>>34168644
Most of the entry level stuff to eastern and western cartoons is the good shit. 99% of it all is shit. It pretty much just gets shitter the deeper you go.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.