[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is sociopathy and psychopathy just autism? Or the other way around?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

Is sociopathy and psychopathy just autism? Or the other way around?
>>
>>34161250
So sociopaths are just psychopaths from poorer neighborhoods?
>>
>>34161250
Is a knife the same thing as a chainsaw because it has sharp edges and cut you?
No, anon, they're two vastly different diseases of the mind with (superficial)similarities far and few between.
>>
>>34161347
Want to explain the differences? Or just use shitty metaphors?
>>
>>34161383
>Want to explain the differences?

The fact that you can't immediately see the differences based on what's in your OP image shows you don't really know what autism is
>>
>>34161333
They're both out dated terms
>>
>>34161383
>Want to explain the differences? Or just use shitty metaphors?

dumb questions get dumb answers friend
>>
>>34161250
stupid infographic isn't even true, lmao. secondary psychopaths or "sociopaths" are fully capable of feeling the remorse and guilt a normal person would. psychopaths cannot feel remorse but many can feel guilt, only it is shallow and fleeting. seems to me this is just a comparison of high-functioning and low-functioning primary psychopaths ffs. lmao at the psychopath's "controlled behaviour".

and no OP, psychopathy and autism are unrelated.
>>
Don't autists lack sympathy, while psychos lack empathy.
>>
>That entire infographic

OP, you know that neither term is really even used in modern psychological study anymore, right?
>>
>>34161383
Not him and you're probably baiting but since I've got nothing better to do: psychopathy/sociopathy is based more around what your diagram states while autism is not being able to understand how others feel and think, there's also not being able to understand subtle non-verbal cues.

If you really are so stupid that you don't have the forethought to search up the two disorders in the absence of understanding them on any real level just go on Wikipedia for christ sake.
>>
>>34161333
sort of. psychopaths are born, sociopaths are made. sociopath's commit the same sort of crimes as psychopaths, but sociopaths are burdened by the shame and guilt of their actions, they are neurotic and anxious whereas psychopaths have too much prefrontal white matter to feel anxiety whatsoever.
>>
I've always thought of it as

>Sociopaths = spree killers

>psychopaths = serial killers

I think that sums it up pretty well
>>
Both are outdated terms, and that graph is incorrect.
I have low empathy myself, and I'm not a "sociopath."
>>
aspd is much more prevalent in black people than any other race, explains quite a bit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-15-09-07-34.png (267KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-15-09-07-34.png
267KB, 1080x1920px
>>34161636
How low can you go?
Originaleee
>>
>>34161490
>OP, you know that neither term is really even used in modern psychological study anymore, right?
so they practically fall under anti-social behavior?
>>
>>34161799
when i was in my edgy teenager phase i maxed out online psychopathy tests too
>>
>>34161437
you know a lot, tell me more things that prove im not a psychopath
>>
File: 1484396170790-2.jpg (123KB, 769x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484396170790-2.jpg
123KB, 769x1024px
>>34161789
So it has zero correlation with autism then?
>>
>>34161851
You too!!! Family
>>
Sometimes I believe I'm one of those, but I'm not an evil person; rather, I'm better than most people in terms of morality.

I just hate people for no reason, probably my innate ideological tendencies to hate "degeneracy", not even because of /pol/, it's something I was born with. It's like if I was #LiterallyHitler. I don't think Hitler was a Psychopath though.
>>
I think i fit into psychopath, although i'm not a violent person, so there's no way i will hurt anyone. But other traits are accurate.

Fuck. WHY ME ? Why am i so evil and dangerous ? I just want to be normal and healthy and straight and stable and empathetic just like everyone else. I don't want to be this monster. I can't help it. If God hates suicide, why does He make someone like me ?
>>
>>34162114
There's one symptom I just remembered, I get erections with violence for no reason.
>>
File: pbtp.jpg (15KB, 159x255px) Image search: [Google]
pbtp.jpg
15KB, 159x255px
>>34161250
You can't post in this thread unless you've murdered an animal for practice.

Now fuck off edgelords.
>>
>>34162114
>i believe i'm one of those
>i'm not an evil person
>i'm better than most in terms of morality
>my innate idealogical tendencies to hate degeneracy
you sound like a narcissist m8. hitler probably had bpd fyi.
>>34162257
that's not a symptom.

>>34162115
sounds like you're just anxious bro and guilty. we all lack empathy at times.
actual psychopath's gloat about how much they'd like to hurt other people, you say there's no way you'd hurt anyone so you sound cool.
>>
>>34162306
What if I tried but failed?
Held my cat under the pool at age 15, but she struggled too much and I was sick of getting clawed.
>>
>>34162377
i put my cat in the closet once when i was a toddler...
>>
No autists don't enjoy violence. Autists can form bonds with people, they just particular about who. Autists don't manipulate people. Sociopaths/pyschpaths are outside of the social game because they understand it better than anyone. Autists are outside the social game because they understand worse than anyone.
>>
File: 20160713_181738.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160713_181738.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34161250
Other than a job and violence i fall into the Psychopath category quite well. Not counting close family the only being which stimulates any form of emotional response from me is my dog.
>>
>>34161410
What makes them outdated?
>>
>>34161250
What the fuck? This seems almost completely reversed
>>
>>34162375
Not really a symptom you're right, however I do have some bad attitudes that are uncontrollable.

Greentext from High School

>le be me xD
>new at school
>put on my fake facade personality and start acting popular
>quickly become the most popular in class and at school
>never really like people in the inside desu
>become friends with an autist 4chan and reddit user, who's probably reading this right now
>treat him very well and make myself his friend just because
>he's quite stupid socially though
>make fun of him in public
>he tells me he wants to kill himself
>tell him that he should probably do it since nobody would miss him anyway
>still treat him like a pet

I think I'm a narcissist though, since I'm actually really proud of everything I do, including wrong things (at least I never admit that I'm wrong, though sometimes I know what I did was wrong). The thing is I think most narcissists are autists that don't have any social relationships, while I do.

>inb4 normie get out

I'm not a normie, since in my inside I'm actually quite different.
>>
File: 1-HU_0_z14kEUmNVAWK6qKCw.jpg (75KB, 570x774px) Image search: [Google]
1-HU_0_z14kEUmNVAWK6qKCw.jpg
75KB, 570x774px
>>34162530
psychopathy is actually a very sad condition. it is nothing to be glamorized.
>>
Members of my family accuse me of having zero empathy or guilt, but I think I just lack the social skills to know how other people feel. Psychopaths understand how others feel; they just don't care. Autists like me may come across like psychopaths because we fail to recognize that we are being insensitive.
>>
>>34162612
I also love talking about myself. I used to be a tripfag :^) **on /gsg/**.
>>
>>34162616
I never meant to glamorise it with my post. It's actually pretty fucked up that I may or may not have some unseeble mental defect that I can't control or fully understand since I never knew different. Well I arranged a meeting with a Psychologist for the 19th since I wanted to be tested for autism/bpd etc as I want to be sure what I'm dealing with, I've avoided all my life labeling myself as "X" or "Y" since I don't want to play into a self fulfilling prophecy but the prospect of NEETbux and peace of mind sounds great now that I'm going back to college after a 2 year depression/NEET break
>>
>>34162759
you sound underaged.....
dirk..
>>
>>34162858
>dirk
Idk what that means

I have a child's soul when talking. Probably one of my most redeeming features, I still the world as a child.
>>
>ITT: Stupid niggas making stupid projections about shit they know nothing about.
>read a book nigger
>>
>>34163057
this is the only book i can recommend on the subject. it is very good but keep in mind it is very dated.
>>
>>34163057
>Wikipedia
>Search Autor
>Culturally Jewish

An alternative, now. Never trust a Jew.
>>
File: 1475257605600.jpg (85KB, 903x714px) Image search: [Google]
1475257605600.jpg
85KB, 903x714px
>>34161250
I am diagnosed with ASPD, this picture is a load of bullshit, psychopath and sociopath aren't terms found in the current diagnostic and statistic manual. If you have ASPD, you have ASPD, that's that. No such thing as a diagnosis of psychopathy or sociopathy.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.