[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he such a bad guy really

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1484442678288.jpg (674KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1484442678288.jpg
674KB, 2197x1463px
Was he such a bad guy really
>>
>>34159678
Sometimes I wish he was my doctor.
>>
Who is this?

Unmuted for a couple of seconds
>>
bring shipposting back
>>
>>34159678
lol I rememeber this. Lethal dose of what wasit?
>>
>>34159706
Me too.

>Hi Doctor, I've been struggling recently from insomnia and depression, I often have suicidal thoughts, what can you prescribe?
>>
>ignores your posts
>sages your thread instead
>>
I recently started to read a book on him, here's a few things to help you decide.

>mother died of lung cancer when he was only 17. This was the days before the NHS offered Chemo and Radiotherapy, so her only relief from pain was her regular injections of morphine. This is likely where his habit of prescribing morphine freely came from.
> He got into his local grammar school, and tended to work very hard and would snub social events. Despite this he was never academically brilliant, always scraping the bare minimum required to continue with his aspirations. A habit he'd also sink into while studying medicine at Leeds.
>Nearly all of his victims (at least in his early career working in hospitals) were near death anyways, and it can be argued he was merely ending their suffering sooner.
> He was polite to doctors, nurses and other medical professionals, many of them would go on to speak highly of him upon his arrest.
> However, he was extremely rude to receptionists and people he saw as intellectually inferior.
> For the first part of his career he was addicted to the drug pethidine.
> He was always trying to prove himself, often making a fool of himself at medical conventions trying to show off his immense knowledge.
> He was a very popular GP in Hyde, most most popular infact, boasting a list of 3000 (the average list for GPs in the UK at the time being 2700). There was a one year waiting list to get on his list.
> People liked him as they saw him as a dying breed of 'old fashioned family GP', he was a workaholic, and would go out of his way to make home visits (though this mainly gave him a good opportunity to murder his elderly patients.)
> He was immensely popular with the youth of the town, arranging emergency contraception with no judgement being passed. (He go his first and only girlfriend pregnant at 17, and while still studying at university was already married with 2 children.)
>>
File: _472256_shipman300.jpg (11KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
_472256_shipman300.jpg
11KB, 300x180px
>>34161924
CONT.
>Though often described as caring, could at times break character and appear callous.
> When a family member of one of his dying patients asked how long they had left, he replied 'Well, I wouldn't buy them any Easter Eggs.'
> Was a member of several committees and clubs, but would lose interest seemingly overnight.
> Fucked over his partners at his second GP surgery, leaving to start his own practice in town, taking his patient list with him. Although this was legally okay, it was seen as morally unjust.
> Would go out of his way for his patients, providing them with state of the art medicines such as anti-cholesterol medication.
> Would tell his patients that these meds were costly. 'This is going to cost me 100 pounds, but this is what you need .'
> Described as a bit of a loner.
>>
File: 1482943919979.jpg (111KB, 922x477px) Image search: [Google]
1482943919979.jpg
111KB, 922x477px
Based doctor put a robot out of his misery
>>
File: smileshipman.jpg (39KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
smileshipman.jpg
39KB, 306x423px
>>34162022
> When a family member of one of his dying patients asked how long they had left, he replied 'Well, I wouldn't buy them any Easter Eggs.'

Fucking kek, this made me laugh IRL, based shipman with the bantz
>>
>>34160302
Harold Shipman. He should be in the Pantheon of r9k gods right up there with Elliot and Lorne Armstrong.

He was a doctor that killed 100+ of his patients with lethal injections.
>>
>>34162867
That made laugh my guts off too anon.
I wish he has my doc.
>>
He is with the Gods now, /r9k/, he is watching over us.
>>
>>34159678
I asked for a lethal dose of morphine. He gave me a couple of advil
>>
fatal dose of morphine
>>
I felt as if in a bubble
So to save myself some trouble
I went to the doctor who
Inquired like a proctor
Into my troubles unseen
And gave me a lethal dose of morphine
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.