[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Germans autistic?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 1373985766721.jpg (100KB, 412x700px) Image search: [Google]
1373985766721.jpg
100KB, 412x700px
>be American couch surfer
>so far hosted Italians, French, Slovaks, Poles, Italians, Indians, Brazilians, Chinese and Germans
>most are quite talkative and always friendly
>EXCEPT Germans
>Germans always keep to themselves
>will answer questions but rarely ask them
>never uninterested in doing normal tourist things like sightseeing and learning about the local culture
>mostly seem preoccupied with their phones and laptops

This is my impression from hosting THREE separate German groups/couples already.

Why are they like this?

I'm starting to wonder why they even leave Germany in the first place.
>>
>>34159183
>be American couch surfer
REEEEEEEE, get off my board normiescum

That aside:
Germans are usually considered polite, it would be impolite do meddle in other's affairs.
That's why they mostly come off as ignorant.
Many germans have only a small circle of friends, once you're among them you will notice that they're quite straightforward and have some funny banter

>mostly seem preoccupied with their phones and laptops
Sounds to me like you hosted some entitled hipster normie cunts. But as a couchsurfer, you're probably one yourself

t.germanfag
>>
>>34159367
>Germans are usually considered polite, it would be impolite do meddle in other's affairs.
That's why they mostly come off as ignorant.
THIS
>>
>>34159183
They sound like cool people.
>>
>>34159183
They don't fake enthusiasm like we're used to in America where people ask how you're doing and smile when they don't actually care at all. They're also not big on the small talk. Good company for robots.
>>
>>34159606
I used to work with an older German broad and she was telling me one of the weirdest American cultural things was how we constantly had to profess our love for one another
>>
File: duitsers_strand_kuil_34596h.jpg (29KB, 453x242px) Image search: [Google]
duitsers_strand_kuil_34596h.jpg
29KB, 453x242px
>>34159183
That's just their nature.

If you want to see German autism in action take them to the beach next time.
>>
>>34159651

I agree. It seems very superficial when most people simply don't care
>>
>>34159183
You think Germans are autistic, try meeting a Finn
>>
>>34159787
True, but she was even talking about among family. "why should I need to tell my son I love him, he knows I love him" type of thing.
>>
>>34159805
Finns? Aren't those the badass fuckers who walk barefoot through the snow in an everlasting night?
>>
>>34159367
One of the pair was a father and son, they would use their phones in the middle of dinner when the rest of us were trying to make conversation.
>>
>>34159819
Don't know about 'merica, but in germany family bonds are not that strong.
Seeing grandparents being shoved in a retirement home by their kids when they're 65+ is quite a common thing.
You get discarded quickly if you're rendered useless
>>
Another weird thing about Americans is how they always smile. They walk around smiling at nothing in particular which makes them look simple-minded/retarded or insane.
>>
>>34159183

What's your experience with Hungarians? Hungarian men in specific. My grandfather won't return a hug to anyone. If you try to hug him he will just leave his arms to hang by his sides awkwardly, waiting for it to end. That's some next level autism right there. I also never heard him laugh a belly laughter. He would just smile politely. The only thing on his mind is stamp collection and classical music. He is listening to it being played from both the computer and the television simultaneously. That way it doesn't matter where he is in the house, he can always hear the music.
>>
>>34159959
They just want to show off their perfect teeth which signify they are rich enough to afford good health care.
>>
>>34159853
This behaviour sucks monkey balls, desu.
Then again, it's really a backpacker-thing.
Visiting all the places just to say you've been there and done that, spending most of the time posting about your "great trip" on normiebook.
You just have to go to a hostel to confirm that statement.
>>
File: 1483093364196.jpg (23KB, 498x320px) Image search: [Google]
1483093364196.jpg
23KB, 498x320px
>>34159959
Because we enjoy life. I know that is a foreign concept when you aren't the best nation in the world.
>>
>>34160230
kekekek. Premium post
>>
>>34159985
To be fair, it seemed important and they eventually stopped and became more personable. Their English wasn't so great though.
>>
>>34160230
america the best nation? lul
>>
>>34160291
How was your german?
>>
File: germanball on the beach.jpg (288KB, 850x3000px) Image search: [Google]
germanball on the beach.jpg
288KB, 850x3000px
Germans sound like a cool bunch

t: Finn

>>34159733
This
>>
>>34160439
Nonexistent. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them not being fluent, just that it makes conversation even more difficult.
>>
>>34159978
That's hyper autistic.
>>
File: I APPROVE.png (633KB, 585x479px) Image search: [Google]
I APPROVE.png
633KB, 585x479px
>>34159733
man this made my day
>>
File: buss.jpg (88KB, 644x732px) Image search: [Google]
buss.jpg
88KB, 644x732px
Germans are okay. They're respectful enough to not yabber unnecessarily, and this is what OP thinks of as autistic I think, but they're still too close up and in your face.

Germans do not respect the lebensraum of others (and yeah, pun intended... but still a true thing!).

But I'm Swedish and therefore I freak the fuck out internally if strangers come within an arm's reach.
>>
>>34159733
>not wearing socks and sandals.

As a native German I can tell you these folk are either Frenchtards or Dutchtards but they are NOT German, sry.
>>
>>34159905
We are after all known for our efficiency. Just keeping the German virtues up m8
>>
>>34160938
Being the rape capital of Europe / little Somalia, keeping at least an arm's length is probably a valuable survival instinct.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.