[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/25+ General/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 37

File: killmev22.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
killmev22.png
227KB, 635x661px
Robots 25 years and older report in?

How are you holding up? Is 2017 treating you ok so far?
>>
File: win.png (180KB, 304x341px) Image search: [Google]
win.png
180KB, 304x341px
>>34152599
>was depressed all week
>sad and hopeless
>applying for jobs and shit at age 28
>only child
>tfw got a interview lined up

How do kill it during a interview, what to bring?
>>
>>34152599
>wake up at 11am
>fuck it. the another day wasted

>see day of the week
>wednesday. fuck it. the week is gone.

>see the calendar
>already half of january is gone. fuck it. 2017 is over.

maybe next year.
t. 33 kv neet
>>
>shitty got laid off at on the 4rd
>cant afford anti psychotics
>going back into pit i climbed out of 4 years ago
>can't leave house too paranoid
>becoming harder to hold onto thoughts
>>
File: cuteandgiddy.jpg (54KB, 366x845px) Image search: [Google]
cuteandgiddy.jpg
54KB, 366x845px
>first week back at my wage slave job.
>called in sick for two days.
>Weekend now totally wasted drinking spiced rum
>back to wage slave job in 12 hours

slowly realizing life is just a giant meme. People are tricked into various mini memes so that they keep participating in the main life meme. Job/Career meme, relationship meme, girlfriend meme, having children meme, all fuelled by misplaced chemicals.

I really wanna see WW3 and just see the world destroy itself... I wonder how I could help instigate it?
>>
>>34152651
>was depressed all week

How bad off does one have to be depressed?

Seems like I have episodes of depression that last months at a time.

The root of my day to day thinking goes something like this:

I feel like I might get better if I tried harder, but there are no guarantees in life, so why try at all? I've tried before and what I want to happen usually doesn't.
>>
I found this board in late 2016. I think it's the best/worst thing that could have happened to me. Feel normal here, but failing so bad in real life.

2017 has started off as the worst year of my life. No job, no friends, atleast my immediate family is still cool with me. I'm on my 3rd different antidepressant medication and I just don't know anymore.
>>
File: It's fucking real.png (70KB, 447x327px) Image search: [Google]
It's fucking real.png
70KB, 447x327px
I just got a call after signing apps. This was my post earlier, meme magic and god is fucking real.
>>
3rd time almost making it out of neetdom but falling back in again. Have gained 30 pounds and sinking into the same hole. I think I hit rock bottom again.
>>
>>34152846
>>34152889
It can happen to you. I grinded through countless online apps and got a interview
>>
>>34152846
Good luck anon, may the kek be with you.
>>
>>34152599
Turned 26 a month ago. Things are pretty good. Medication and having a job make life seem worth living even if my social life is very shitty.
>>
>25+ General on 4chan on a saturday night

Christ this is really the end of the line isn't it? We should just find a way to end it, shouldn't we lads?
>>
>>34152651
You can do it, anon. May Lord Kek be with you in your endeavors.
>>
>>34152931
Always having to listen to kill yourself all day every day makes it seem like a good idea just so it will stop
>>
File: fee2.png (11KB, 653x611px)
fee2.png
11KB, 653x611px
>Be at work (we're aloud to listen to headphones)
>Been listening to the audiobook version of Elliot Rodgers manifesto
>Forgot to plug in headphones before I pushed play
>20 seconds go by before I notice
>"Hey Anon what are you listening to"
>"Uh nothing just a book"
>"What book?"
>"Oh nothing you wouldnt like it anyways"
>"Well what's the title"
>In a state of brief panic, blurt out "T-the hatchet"
>"I read that book in school..I don't remember a character named Georgia though"
>"oh really idk thats weird"

I'm afraid to go back Monday
>>
25 last month.

This year was going okay at first, had a great new job, but now I'm in extreme trouble.

I'm being charged with attemping to embezzle the very job I was enjoying myself at. Could look at 11 years, maybe less. Not much time left, and I probably won't be aquitted.

I think someone is trying to frame me. I know who it might be, too, but I can't do anything about it. Don't make enemies, I guess.

I need to lie down before I'm confined to a prison bed.
>>
>>34152740
I feel for you man. I recently got back on my anti psychotics after not being able to afford them for a while. It feels like I'm starting from rock bottom again. I hope something works out for you.
>>
>>34152771
kek

the world doesn't care about the way in which you think of it.

aquire chemicals
>>
>>34152931
Nah dude, we just need hobbies to keep up going.
I just blew $400 on some sheet music and now I'm chillin' here.
>>
>>34153100
>$400 on sheet music

What was it the original copy of Rachmaninoff's Etude?
>>
32 on the 13th
>kill me somedays
Other days just robot'n around and stuffs
>>
No life is not treating me well
>>
File: 1484006578091.jpg (78KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1484006578091.jpg
78KB, 736x552px
>tfw turn 25 in two months

Ids all ogre now
>>
26, my life has been a gray hue for a long time now. I'm not happy, I'm not sad, I merely am.
>>
File: cover-large_file[1].png (46KB, 450x606px) Image search: [Google]
cover-large_file[1].png
46KB, 450x606px
>>34153148
Haha, no I ordered a bunch of shit -- two copies of each, one for marking up and another for archiving.
I'm not into collecting original manuscripts or first editions yet. Maybe some day.

Do you like Rachmaninoff // any pieces that you especially like?
>>
Is it possible to work and go to school at the same time?
>>
>>34153249
>Do you like Rachmaninoff // any pieces that you especially like?
I just used that as an example. I'm actually a pleb when it comes to music. Just like the standards; Beethoven, Vivaldi and Bach. I guess I should learn to expand my palette.
>>
>>34152651
Make sure to rock an expensive Gucci suit and ferragamo loafers that's the antidote to getting hired anywhere. Make are to also bring a suitcase with a laptop in it so you can pull that bad boy out mid interview and take notes.
>>
>>34153249
Wait, why is it that much for sheet music. Sorry but I'm completely ignorant of that world. Can't you just torrent it all and print it? Am I missing something?
>>
Rotting out my brain with alcahol and attempting cardiac arrest with cigarettes and crossfit.
>>
>>34152998
If anyone figures out you could just call it morbid curiosity. It's not hard to talk your way out of that one it you prepare a little beforehand.
>>
File: cry pepe.png (131KB, 238x241px) Image search: [Google]
cry pepe.png
131KB, 238x241px
>>34153310
why are you doing crossfit drunk? you're going to tear a ligament or muscle and then you'll be fucked. you won't die, but it takes months to heal unlike bone breaks.
>>
>>34152599

36 years old kv. last week i pulled out an onahole that i never used very much and it's been great.
>>
>>34153308
>Can't you just torrent it all and print it?
Yes, kind of -- imslp.org has a ton of music that you can download and print.
I'm in my 30's now and piano is pretty much my only hobby outside of anime so I don't mind spending money to have nicely printed and bound sheet music.
>>
>>34153288
Yes, you can. A lot of people do night school if they want to work full time.
>>
>>34152771

Well you would have to have great or something with great power, try making a new gun or a advanced IA, or join the army and work your way up to get close to nuclear devices and just fuck shit up
>>
how do you guys live your life knowing youll never have a gf or kids a family or a future. 25+ here Idk how I can keep dealing with this
>>
I'm hanging on my a thread. Maybe this is the year i finally do it.
>>
>28
>living in a dilapidated old haunted house
>no friends, no real family
>good job, decent money but every day is exhausting
>insomnia
>starting to drink again

Thought coming out here, alone, things might be different. Might be able to clear my head, get away from the negative influences, do good for myself.

But it's even worse.
>>
30+ (31)
Still living at home with parents
No GF
Chubby
Virgin X

Do I still qualify as a robot?
>>
File: 1457311949924.jpg (454KB, 2000x1339px)
1457311949924.jpg
454KB, 2000x1339px
>>34153412

Literally the only thing keeping me going is not wanting to burden my parents with my funeral.
>>
>>34153449

Supposed to be check marks on the first four options

Didn't work though
>>
>>34153449
No, You're a wizard harry
>>
>>34153424
>good job, decent money
wut job?
>>
>Two old friends are starting to distance themselves however I consider them to be fucking up since they are on minimum wage and having a child, they also have no friends
>Making plenty of new friends/people to socialize with once a month
>Work is going good, after months of fucking up on small shit I'm starting to get it 1 year in.

I'm in the most successful period so far of my life even though I have no gf/v yet there are days I feel like an absolute failure
>>
>>34153483

Working upper management for a retail outlet. It's not glamorous but the pay is dope and the hours are good.
>>
>>34153449
I would be fine with that since the girl you fucked was probably a little chubby too.

>>34153412
How sure are you that that is the case? Is a gf something you really want? If you really want it there are things you can do to work for it, but it will take work.
I tell myself that I don't want a gf and that I chose to be a wizard so I can spend more time on myself indulging in things that I enjoy. I definitely get lonely though; that's when I come here.
>>
>>34153572
what are your job duties anon?
>>
>>34153449
somehow marrried a Histrionic bipolar qt for 8 years
Divorced
2 kids

We're all robots here, some just had different apparatuses at birth.

Chin up and find a distraction
>>
>>34153610
General admin to managing HR issues for a department in a state hospital in Sydney.
It's very much a "figure it out as you go" job because it touches on so many little facets of the bullshit world of state HR
>>
25. I have a good career, but because I was fat and hated in high school I was too shy to make friends in university, which means that I will be alone for the rest of my life.

> Is 2017 treating you ok so far?

Pro: I talked to the qt I like and she smiled and played with her hair while we almost had a normal conversation, even though I am too autistic to make eye contact.

Con: She will never actually like me, even though I keep deluding myself through wishful thinking and setting myself up for disappointment.
>>
>>34153424
Are you me Anon, minus the drinking you pretty much described me.
>>
Is it true that women start dating you out of desperation after a certain age?
>>
>>34153723
I don't know about that.
Most women my age (33) just want to fuck niggers with titan cocks.
It is true that when you get older, younger women seem more attracted to you. I guess because a lot of them are daddy chasers.
>>
>>34152599

29 here. Student loans on schedule to finally be fucking paid this Feb. Got a couple of grand stashed. On my lifting grind - not a new years deal, was already doing it but didn't lift shit for about a month after throwing my back out at work. Deleted all forms of normie social media on the 1st of the year and haven't looked back. Went from smoking daily for ten years straight to not smoking any ganja for several months (def going to again, wanted to focus for awhile though). Still drink but once/twice weekly without going overboard so that it's more pleasure than pain. Moderate qt3.14 coworker I fucked about a year ago who moved wants me to come smash it - she's 21... dirty old man power. Down to about 12 cigs daily from my original pack per day plus habit. Finished a mix I'd been working on for way too fucking long the other day. Read three solid books so far this year... About 2 or 3 years ago I was disgusted with myself after a shit breakup and decided to get my shit together, been gradually turning the franchise around ever since.

Self-improvement is more than a meme my friends. I'm not king shit and there is still plenty to be done, but over the last year or so I've started feeling pretty fucking good about myself and it's made dealing with others way easier.

There is hope my dudes.
>>
>>34152599
Thank you for asking. It has been alright for me. Things are actually kind of looking up. Or that may be the new meds I'm on who knows. Working on being a normie and I'm starting to feel this shit ass NEET weight lifting off me like I can finally breath. Still got a long road ahead of me before I can even face the real world like an adult.
>>
>>34153580
>myself indulging in things that I enjoy.
I dont enjoy anything
>Is a gf something you really want?
Yes, Im tired of being an autist
>>
>>34152651
it not a gets, then you get the job. Good luck, anon.

Tips:

Dress one step above the required dress for the job. If in doubt, wear a suit.

Answer the questions and be specific.

Make sure you give a good handshake when walking in. A quality handshake means a lot.

Do not express doubt in yourself. You are awesome anon.. mean it.
>>
>>34153827
>Yes, Im tired of being an autist
Ok. List what you think your biggest problems are and we will brainstorm solutions.
>>
>>34153856
>List what you think your biggest problems are and we will brainstorm solutions.
weight
depression
lack of free time
lack of long term goal
>>
>>34152840
If you are on your 3rd anti-depressant, then your feelz are probably a symptom. They should test for and treat personality disorders instead. If you have chemical depression, one of the meds would fix it. If the meds are not a help, they will be harmful in the long term.
>>
>>34152846
Praise KEK, anon. I wish you the best of luck.
>>
79bHLio19xCC
>>
>>34153879
>weight
exercise. (i see free time is an issue, we will get to that below)
>depression
exercise. sunlight. find some music that makes you feel better and listen to that.
>lack of free time
break down a typical day by the hours for me, please
>lack of long term goal
it's probably better to focus on the present now with some short term goals in mind to keep you moving forward.
for example: exercise 30min every other day (you'll need to adjust this to something that works with your schedule)
>>
File: 1.jpg (170KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
170KB, 1080x1080px
39jfALi53jFG
>>
51DT9nLP3da42
>>
>tfw been browsing these threads for 3+ years but have never been old enough to post
>Will be old enough to post in a few months

When does life slow down.
>>
85sUl29Qi38
>>
74pLi30KqVAl2
>>
>>34153961
>break down a typical day by the hours for me, please
8am wake up, go to school (college)
7pm get done with college and part time job come home
9-11pm feel like shit sit around do nothing
11-12pm do homework
12pm sleep
>>
File: 2.jpg (224KB, 480x721px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
224KB, 480x721px
41sv39QF35LF01
>>
>>34153776
where do you work anon?
what mix are you working on?
>>
>>34154048
>8am wake up, go to school (college)
>7pm get done with college and part time job come home
I find it hard to believe that you don't have an hour or so free here to go hit the gym every other day. Is that true?

>>34154053
Can you stop trying to kill our thread, please?
>>
File: 5.jpg (47KB, 960x662px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
47KB, 960x662px
16oeBHe83ap91
>>
>>34154080
I work pretty consistently until 7pm, I could try and go afterwards but its usually hard since im so tired
>>
File: 53.jpg (186KB, 761x535px)
53.jpg
186KB, 761x535px
26qw81JAlv91TB9
>>
File: 28.png (328KB, 616x696px) Image search: [Google]
28.png
328KB, 616x696px
64ei9nR03lvS7s11
>>
File: HugoBoss1934Collection.jpg (123KB, 960x671px) Image search: [Google]
HugoBoss1934Collection.jpg
123KB, 960x671px
>>34152651
You have to say you're the best, even if you're not, even if you know you're complete garbage, you absolutely have to say "I'm the best qualified person to work for you, and you need to know that." You have to say it so much that you might even start believing it.
>>
28 y/o reporting in.These are the only posts I can relate to. Interacting with 20 or less aged faggots is just a waste of time.
And btw I'm doin bad.
>>
>>34154098
I can understand being tired after that long day -- I know I can't exercise after work because I'm too tired. My breakthrough was getting into the habit of waking up a little earlier and exercising before work.
I would recommend that you try that. It's going to be insanely difficult at first -- I know since I've been there. But once you make a routine, it'll be a peace of cake.
In my case, I wake up and immediately eat some greek yogurt (plain) and some fruit to give me some energy for my workout. After eating I spend ~10 minutes reading to let the food settle a little bit. I find it's easiest to start with a cardio warm up for 5 minutes.
Give it a shot. The month or so, you're going to feel like a zombie and you're not going to want to go through with it but just get your body in motion and space out while listening to some upbeat music.
Go into this knowing that it's going to be hard as hell but if you push through, you will have more energy and you will start to lose weight and look better. Never let yourself skip -- no excuses. That's where people lose. Once you skip, it makes skipping again that much easier and before you know it you've completely given up.
>>
>>34154241
that seems really hard, I have a lot of trouble waking up too. like its nearly impossible for me
I often have to set my alarms to go off for hours before I get up.
>>
Umm I accidentally charged $30 on an ex's credit card and I'm freaking out because I don't want to be charged with credit fraud. So not great
>>
>>34152925
Started smoking weed made it way better. Before this I just drank. Soon to be 26 virgin.
>>
>>34154336
nobody's going to jail over 30 bucks you vapid roastie just say it was a mistake the worse they'll do is make you pay it back.
roastie
>>
>>34154300
>I often have to set my alarms to go off for hours before I get up.
I used to be like that too. Now I have two alarms: one next to my bed and another in my door way which is set to go off 10 minutes after the first one. Getting out of bed is the hardest part for sure. Once you're up and out, don't let yourself get back into bed no matter what. Your body will feel like shit, but just power through it and eat a nutritious snack to give you a little boost.
>>
File: 42354345.jpg (234KB, 693x647px) Image search: [Google]
42354345.jpg
234KB, 693x647px
>>34154336
>$30 on an ex's credit
ROASTIES GET OUT
>>
>>34152599

idk, i was an alcoholic from jan 2016 to aug 2016 then I quit because I found out my liver enzymes were high and I had a fatty liver. Then dec came around and I started drinking again, using the holidays as an excuse to drink, and have been drinking pretty much every day since. I'll probably die soon. I also take benzos and a betablocker since I was supposed to be tapering off benzos but all im doing is drinking so eventually ill run out of benzos/betablockers and probably die unless i say/do something.
>>
>>34154377
Prob won't say shit unless it comes up. Prob just declared mistake on bank statement and go away. Worst comes to worst I'll pay back. Guilt drives you mad.
>>
>>34154561
if you're so damn worried about it, text you ex and tell him what happened and offer to reimburse him.
he'll probably think you want to get back with him and say forget it.
then maybe give him a bj for old times sake.
>>
>>34154618
Nigga wtf. Who said im a girl
>>
>>34153465
pretty much
>smoke
>drink
>eat trash food
>porn
>delude self into thinking ill be a better person someday
>>
>>34154745
whatever sick his dick anyways faggot
>>
Will be 28 this year. Still no different since high school. Work a dead end job but good pay, never had girlfriend and constantly bugged by parents about it, no social life or friends really and nothing but anxiety and general hate for everyone. I do nothing but work, gym, and anime.

Only thing that keeps me alive are the idea of travelling overseas again (been overseas 5 times last year) and anime.
>>
>>34154783
It's a chick and I feel bad. She's pretty retarded tho. Idfk
>>
A cunt said my voice sounds like Alvin and the chipmunks'

I'm pretty depressed.
>>
>>34153360
Anon if you're still here, do you have any recordings of you playing?

I am learning piano myself, first recital in a week. I will try not to shit myself and pass out.
>>
>>34154962
>I will try not to shit myself and pass out.
Oh god, I remember those days. My hands would shake and my mind would go completely blank but I would somehow make it through the piece.
I only have one video recording but the DVD might be at my parent's place.
If you're talking audio I do have something on my phone -- it was the first recording I've made in years and it made me nervous as fuck and I wasn't even planning on sharing it with anyone. I ended up recording a second take and even during that time my mind was blank and my hands were a little shaky.

What piece(s) will you be playing? and do you know what the audience will be like?
>>
>>34155127
Want to talk somewhere else to send recordings without linking anything here? I actually have a video online... recording myself is fine because I can do as many takes as I want.

I will be playing 3 selections from Tchaikovsky, Album for the Young. I will be one of 14 students I think. I assume the audience will mostly be the Asian parents of the 6 year old Asians who will be performing. Probably nobody I know will come because I'll be playing for about 7 minutes anyway.
>>
>>34154789
>anime

I have completely lost interest in anime. I can't bring myself to seek, download, or attempt anymore. Any advice?
>>
Anyone else /gradual decline/ here?

Seems I could manage to scrape together a social life at 21-26 or so even if nogf. But as people get older they are less social, have more responsibilities. And if people move out of my area or anything like that I don't replace them. I don't know how to meet anyone and I don't see it turning around anytime soon.

Also, is online dating a worthless meme or should I try it?
>>
>>34155387

I'm 27, I used to browse /a/ everyday when I was 19 - 20 or so. I have absolutely no interest in anime anymore, it just feels so childish and I would feel shame if I watched it. I did watch the newer Berserk movies and will watch the new Evangelion movie too. Those can be thought of as movies adults would enjoy though.
>>
>>34155497

Online dating made me hate women and hate myself. So, probably best to avoid it if you aren't super good looking.
>>
>>34155355
6 year old Asians and then you? Sounds interesting -- are there any other adult learners?
Good taste with the Tchaikovsky.
I don't have anywhere else to go but here but I do have a throwaway gmail: ffohrst.
That should be a good experience though. People really aren't going to be critical of your playing -- they're mainly there to hear they children, it seems?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1OfbrPm5nrD
Name the piece and get a gold star ;)
My mind went completely blank when I recorded this and I think it turned out okay... so if the same thing happens to happen to you, don't freak out and just trust your fingers. You've been practicing, right? Your body knows what to do.
>>
>>34155387
I wouldn't recommend getting back into it. I'm a moeblob fan (aka cute girls doing cute things) which they churn out every season so that what keeps me in. General consensus is that the inspiration for innovative design and story is gone.
>>
>>34155497
Biggest meme online dating. But if you must you already its tinder.
>>
>>34155551
>who is grumpy jii san.jpg

While "childish" isn't the word I would use to describe my aversion, and while I would not feel embarrassment (primarily because I keep the hobby completely concealed, I imagine) if I found something I liked, I think my problem is somewhat similar. Much of the stuff I pick up either feels like, yes, its geared to appeal to a young teenage mindset, or is just uninspired anime-by-numbers being created on a purely economic formula. But then, even things like Kino no Tabi and Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai aren't holding my interest. I recognize that these are not stupid anime, and can't bring myself to drop them, but It's been about a year and I haven't finished them, either, and I don't want to. There's just no story or characters in either that compels and entertains me. Haibane Renmei was the only anime I watched this year that I thoroughly enjoyed. But how many anime of that caliber exist? Not many, I imagine. Wizard Barristers: Benmasi Cecil was alright, enough to hold my interest.
>>
>>34155624
My teacher suggested the Tchaikovsky. She's from Russia.

There will be 1 other adult student, I believe.

No clue what the piece is. Sounds impressionist maybe? You posted Ravel. Is it Ravel? Early Ravel maybe?
>>
>>34155613
I'm pretty decent looking, I think. Just a shut in and spergy. But that also means I won't be able to create a good profile - I at least know not to take selfies, so I will try to con one of my few IRL friends to take one.

Can I filter for spergs? I kinda want a sperg gf.

>>34155747
Yeah I don't get how tinder became a dating app too and not just a hookup app, but I know people use it. Guess I'll have to wade through all the degenerates.
>>
>>34155751
I realize I'm going on a rather self-oriented tangent, here, so I'll give you guys some recommendations for entertainment based on my current situation.

As a result of my lack of interest in anime, I've been exploring western media somewhat, and have stumbled across a few things that I really found entertaining.

>1) Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Something you have probably already seen, sorry.

>2) Black Sails (TV series)
Also about pirates. Seasons 1 and 2 were very fun to watch, with the exception of alot of heavy feminist / cultymarxy content surrounding the female cast. Compelling, well written, well portrayed characters. Unfortunately the series "walked the plank" in season 3. A case of "it should have ended but they drug it out for another season."

And that's about it. Jesus christ, I haven't realized this until now, but the other piece of media that comes to mind is Treasure Planet by Disney, also with a 'piratey' theme.

I downloaded all this stuff before KAT was taken down (may it RIP; it will be sorely missed), but if anyone is interested I have some more resources for alternative trackers.
>>
>>34155794
>She's from Russia.
She sounds legit; I wish I had a Russian teacher.
I hope your recital goes well. I'm actually a little jealous since I wish I could attend those again. I haven't listen to people play in person nor played in front of people in over 12 years.

Very good guess. It's actually the dude with the baller mustache, Faure.

This link probably won't work, but I'll try:
http://ks.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/6/66/IMSLP06572-Faure_-_Piece_Breves__Op.84__piano_.pdf
The piece was No. 2 from this set. No. 5 is the most well known and was the piece that initially drew me to Faure.

I'm hoping work will finally slow down so I can start learning some bigger, more difficult pieces.
>>
>>34155979
One more thing:

If any of you are interested in Morrowind, there is a Brit who made a "Let's Play" on youtube that I liked, at least at first. In the year+ that he's been making these videos, he's lost interest in it, and the quality has declined, unfortunately. He's become kind of a whiny bitch. But I still find his newer content watchable, despite that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jingles1215/videos
>>
Still a NEET. Hoping to make it out of 2017 as not a NEET. On a pretty good pain management regime now, as well as not being in anywhere near as much regular pain as i've been the past 2+ years, so I'm feeling optimistic. I don't know WTF I'm going to do about a job though. Still don't have my driver's license for a couple reasons, probably mostly because of mild ASD and actual difficulty telling the difference between left and right sometimes. I want to garner the motivation to get moving with this shit, but I guess just from languishing and having surgeries these past few years, it's really hard for me to get in that mode of, "Hey, I'm actually semi-functional and can do this shit now." :/
>>
28 cyborg reports. Hey, I've actually not sick anymore, thank you for all the positive energy from last thread, anons.

Still motivated, 2017 feels good so far. Maybe cause all I've done so far was being ill and not doing shit but playing vidya and doing cardio every day.
>>
>can't even get boners anymore
>>
File: 1433323342255.png (402KB, 457x700px) Image search: [Google]
1433323342255.png
402KB, 457x700px
Turning 26 this year. Getting to that age where expectations are really beginning to become apparant.

Think my parents are just barely hiding their disappointment, still hoping i'll get my shit together, but I just can't see it. I can't fucking see myself ever just getting on with the next 50 years of my life and making something of myself.

Can't even see myself getting into a job anymore after shit jobs previously for years. Education never catches my interest either, dropped out of that three times.

Kind of just sleep most of the day away, only getting up because of back issues. High metabolism has finally come to an end, so beginning to put on weight.

Every year just kind of makes it even worse. Don't want to live, yet parents don't want me to die. Not sure how people do it.
>>
>>34152651
>>34154168
This so much. Also I've noticed that all the successful interviews I've had are when I:

1. Wasn't stressed because I didn't think it was the end of the world if I didn't get the job. Always had the attitude that if I didn't get the job I'd just get an interview with a better company

2. Lied through my teeth about any minor thing that can't be checked, like personality things. Always back these things up with stories, and since so employer will actually try and verify the story is true, it is foolproof.
>>
File: 1448943397666s.jpg (8KB, 250x228px)
1448943397666s.jpg
8KB, 250x228px
>>34152599

feel guy should get those moles checked out
>>
I have been drunk the last 22 hours playing on a prirate WoW server
>>
Twenty-seven, and still here. I have an entry-level position, and since I'm not taken seriously by most of my coworkers, I'll probably have to transfer if I ever want to move up in the company. I could easily do my boss's job at this point better than he ever will and his boss's job too for that matter, but I'm not someone with "leadership qualities" (read: self-assured smugness masking incompetence and insecurity), apparently. Nothing matters the way that it used to, so I don't have to deal with social anxiety or shame anymore. I look much younger than I am, so I have access to a steady supply of 17-19 year old girls who are impressed by my vehicle and disposable income. I guess I'm making up for all the sex I didn't have. I've actually developed quite a foul reputation in my social circle as a result, and older people glare at me at work. It feels good to be honest.

>>34155497
>Also, is online dating a worthless meme or should I try it?
You'll get laid, but you probably won't enjoy it much. Being attractive doesn't really make much of a difference at our age. You'll get more attention, but you would have gotten enough if you were only average. If you're doing it at this point, you're a loser in their eyes regardless. They're losers too though, and they know it. People who hold unflattering opinions of themselves, and have accepted that they won't doing anything to change don't tend to be nice people. They will try to use you for money. I do it just so I can meet women my age and speak with them. I sleep with maybe one in three. Teenagers make for horrible company except while you're inside them.

On another note, leave your credit cards at home, and take an amount of cash that you can afford to lose.
>>
>>34157353
I know someone who was successful with online dating (long term relationship, though we'll see how long it actually lasts). She has her problems, but is less crazy than a lot of women I've met IRL, and I have a lot in common with her. So I know people like her are on it, I guess.

There are specific details that make me think it was probably a fluke, though. Idk.

>Teenagers make for horrible company except while you're inside them.

How does one arrange this? I'm asking for a friend.

>On another note, leave your credit cards at home, and take an amount of cash that you can afford to lose.

You got robbed on a date?
>>
>staying over at mom's house
>sitting up all night on computer again
>stupid cat is yeoawling all night
>won't stop for 3 hours
>still going
>feelings of murderous rage increasing
>>
File: 1484198722932.jpg (35KB, 484x497px) Image search: [Google]
1484198722932.jpg
35KB, 484x497px
Turned 27 recently. Also got my first job not long ago. Two nights a week, close to minimum wage. Trying to save up for a car so I can do something else, but it will take a while. The job is overnight and fairly solitary at least.

Anyway, I played Katawa Shoujo for the first time recently. Since then I've felt like a walking corpse. It really hit me that I've been out of high school for almost a decade and I have nothing. I'm alone and it looks like I always will be. I missed out on so much. I was depressed for a long time and the years just slipped by and now they are gone forever.

I know that the type of scenarios depicted in that game are generally nonexistent in the real world, but something like that is what I've always wanted, and it will never be. Even if I got myself together and got a real woman, what would she be, 30? All of those youthful experiences could never occur. She would just be a jaded person that I could never trust. There could never be a meaningful bond. I wish the world reflected the naivety that I desire, but it never will.

Sorry for the blogpost.
>>
>>34158129
>I was depressed for a long time and the years just slipped by and now they are gone forever.

Don't make me feel feels.

How did you stop being depressed?
>>
File: 1477067396215.png (130KB, 700x475px)
1477067396215.png
130KB, 700x475px
26yo khv here.
gotta ask, for those who have actually dealt with girls: how do you tell the difference between orbiting or not? I can't tell and it's doing my head in.
>>
>>34158272

Orbiting -
>not having self-respect
>having oneitis
>scheduling your life around her
>thinking about her all the time
>receiving no reciprocation of affection or effort
>>
>>34158168
When I got my job, as little as it was, I felt like I had some sort of goal I could work toward. That was helping a bit. But of course week after week of menial labor tends to wear that away.

And then I played that fucking game and it just made me realize more acutely than ever what I will never have. Admittedly I was able to gain some vicarious happiness, but I think that just made things worse ultimately. I think I may try and get into literature and writing, which I used to care about. I want something to sink my energy into that won't make me want to die. Try and get a goal is the only advice I have, but it has to be one that you will care about or you will end up hating it.
>>
>tfw yearly rent increase notice.

Being depressed didn't help it any.
>>
>>34158272
In my experience if you begin your relationship with a girl on the level of "friend" then you are an orbiter and will remain that way. She has to look at you as something other than that from the beginning. You cannot allow your relationship with her to be categorized as that of a friend. I wish the world did not work this way, but I think that is how it is.
>>
File: 1484231874038.jpg (11KB, 174x175px) Image search: [Google]
1484231874038.jpg
11KB, 174x175px
>>34158318
>not having self-respect
well, I guess I have some left
>having oneitis
nope
nope
yes
I can't tell

i'm alright for now, then, right?
>>
>>34158422

You're orbiting if just being around her feels good and you aren't pushing for anything more.

What is she? Is she your friend? Is she your gf? What do you want her to be?

Orbiters do just that - they orbit. They don't make their own thoughts or actions. They just sort of want to be around her while she lives her life.

Most orbiters do this because they are terrified of making a move, it being rejected, and then having their access to "muh one and only" cut off.

So if this describes you, you're an orbiter.
Further - orbiting ALWAYS ends badly.
>>
>>34158326
Oh, you said "was depressed" but this sounds like you still are.
>>
>>34158513
I guess so. It seems different now. I don't think I'm in the time blur that I was in, so to speak. That much has become clearer at least.
>>
>>34152599
26 right here, want to kill my self. I actually think I may finally have a gf, but I can't deal.
>>
>>34158595
>I actually think I may finally have a gf

Prepare for greater emotional pain than you could possibly imagine.
>>
>>34158616
Oh yeah trust me, I don't plan on happiness
>>
>>34158472
Well I am not happy with orbiting and want more and probably wouldn't settle for less, so I guess I'm OK, thank you friend.

That further is exactly why I won't. I rather remain alone and contactless than orbit tbqh
>>
>How are you holding up?
Poorly.
>Is 2017 treating you ok so far?
It's fine. Nothing good is happening, but nothing bad is happening either. I almost wish I had some shitty circumstances to justify my feelings. As it is, I'm just being a bitch and I hate it.
>>
I made a resolution that I will try to be a good person. I want a woman who is a good person, if that exists. But how can I ask for that if it isn't what I am myself? At least if I die alone I will know that it was not my fault. That's all I can do.
>>
>>34152826
>I feel like I might get better if I tried harder
I've felt this way too, so i tried harder, made sacrifices, endured hardship, cutoff dragging deadweights that i used to call friends, only to realize i'm not better offf than before.
I'm making a bit more money now, but it wasn't worth the trouble
>>
>>34158803

Is all this hypothetical or is there actually a girl in the picture
>>
>>34159195
there is actually a girl in this picture (for the first time in my life), probably would've found this stuff out awhile ago otherwise
>>
>>34159351

Tell more about your situation. Why are you so secretive? Do you feel like this is something unique and needs to be protected
>>
File: sad3.jpg (16KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
sad3.jpg
16KB, 255x255px
>>34158318
>not having self-respect
yes
>having oneitis
yes
yes
yes
yes

help me. how do I get out of this hell?
>>
>>34159402
Cut off all contact with her, or as much as you possibly can.
>>
>>34159402
Get over her man. I know its easier said than done but Stacy doesn't give a fuck about you and will never let you even sniff her panties.

There are plenty more fish in the sea, son.
>>
>>34159402

Make a move.
She either likes it and you can take your relationship to the next level and discover more about love and being a man, or she keks you and you at least have the consolation of A) not being a beta faggot and B) not living with regret of what could have been

Either way the orbiting phase will be over. If you do make a move though tell us what you're going to do first so we can stop you from doing anything too autistic.
>>
>>34159368
what?

I just don't feel the need to spell out my life story and add in unnecessary details to my simple question.
I don't feel like it's unique nor needs to be protected. I just don't like talking about myself.
>>
File: sad2.jpg (8KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
sad2.jpg
8KB, 200x195px
>>34159418
>>34159450
>>34159451

thanks guys, i have tried to avoid her many times

but if she talks to me, I become the happiest guy in the world and begin to orbiting her again

the life without her always feel empty and meaningless
I wish I can stop but I can't
>>
>>34153331
this is how I explained why I own a copy of Mein Kampf to my roomate
>>
>>34152599
i am new here but wtf is a robot?
>>
>>34152599
i wish i could grow facial hair like that
>>
File: 9844984984984.jpg (2MB, 3937x2114px)
9844984984984.jpg
2MB, 3937x2114px
>>34153412
>>34153465
I know these feels too well. Just turned 25 a couple weeks ago. Honestly just wanna quit my job & travel the country for a little while. At this point I don't really care what happens in my life.
>>
File: 1483848582016.jpg (43KB, 626x510px) Image search: [Google]
1483848582016.jpg
43KB, 626x510px
>>34152599
I asked two girls out. Never, ever done that before. First one said she was seeing someone, second was interested.

I just don't understand why I didn't start doing this before I turned fucking 29. It was hard, but not THAT hard. The girl that agreed to go out was kinda fugly, but now I'm thinking about trying one of the single Stacies at work. Because fuck you, Chad.

It's so strange. My mindset has suddenly gone from a decade of "no one would ever got out with me, no point in even trying" to "might as well give it a go". I know it won't be easy, I know it will get awkward, but whatever. I'm so god damn sick of being alone.
>>
>>34159995
>i am new here but wtf is a robot?
lurk moar
>>
File: 1465478675909.png (247KB, 507x423px) Image search: [Google]
1465478675909.png
247KB, 507x423px
>>34152599
I've had diarrhea for seven full days and it's finally starting to stop.

Guess you can say it's been shitty.
>>
File: 1480441945168.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480441945168.gif
471KB, 512x288px
anyone else at the point where you dread your birthday? When my birthday starts to come around I hate it and want to get it over with.
>>
>>34160343
Its still not too late to delete your horrendous post.
>>
File: pepe figure.jpg (2KB, 100x124px)
pepe figure.jpg
2KB, 100x124px
>>34160317
where did you meet these girls?

do you know them before? because I don't know how to talk to strangers and ask them out
>>
>>34160383
Both are colleagues I've never interacted with outside of work. I've talked a little with both of them, but I wouldn't really say that I "know" them as such.

I have no idea how to talk to strangers either, or how to meet chicks. Live in a tiny-ass village too, so it's not like there are that many available chicks either. Shit's gonna get hard if I can't find a gf through work.
>>
>>34160317
I wish you luck and hope that you find happiness. But do not settle with a woman just because she will be with you. So many men reach our age and find that women will pay attention to them, so they fall in love with the first decent looking woman that will fuck them. They then get roped into marriage, and then after a few years get hit with divorce, alimony, child support, etc. once she gets tired of them. Just saying, be selective. If you aren't then you could end up alone again in an even worse situation.
>>
>>34152651
Everything what the other anons posted. If you want to look more sophisticated and show that you actually did your homework about the company, get a sheet of paper ready with some questions. This can be sort of a sign that you actually read up on the company first instead of randomly applying to any company, showcasing your enthusiasm.
>>
>>34153424

Why do you think it's haunted? I think you are the only thing haunting that house.
>>
>>34152599
Was isolated at home for the last two months of 2016, now receive gubmint gibs 50% of every work day. Better than complete neetdom imo, for me, but it means that I again have to go to an office and be polite to asshats for four hours each day Monday to Friday. Meh.
>>
>>34160363
Thats a beautifull gif
>>
Well the only thing keeping myself from killing myself is the fact that my mom told me she would kill herself if she ever lost another child. (my older sister died 11 years ago during a school trip)
And then my little 9 year old brother would be fucked for life, probably going down the same shitty road that I went down, filled with depression and fuelled by constant drug abuse.
>>
>>34160705
>(my older sister died 11 years ago during a school trip)
heh

another roaste rejected
>>
File: kek god.png (515KB, 465x460px) Image search: [Google]
kek god.png
515KB, 465x460px
>asked god for a job with a health plan
>tfw got a interview at panda express as cook
>know how to cook
>tfw like to cook at home
Is this the turning point in my life?
>>
File: sweater.jpg (68KB, 480x585px) Image search: [Google]
sweater.jpg
68KB, 480x585px
>>34161683
go for it anon

you can make it
>>
If it's of any comfort: life is unfair and that's a good thing because it means you don't deserve all the bad stuff that happens to you.
>>
File: 1470790472299.jpg (212KB, 900x1240px)
1470790472299.jpg
212KB, 900x1240px
>>34160501
I don't know why, but this hit me like a ton of bricks.

It does feel like I'm somewhere between living and dead at times.
>>
>>34160705

What was the school trip?
>>
>>34152599
>29
>have a girlfriend
>have my own place
>have a good but boring as fuck job
You know, all these things don't mean shit. I was a neet for 2 years and I can say that I was happier during that time. Had free time to do any shit I wanted.

If I could revert back to neet, I would, but I can no longer keep up my current lifestyle if I quit my boring job.
>>
>>34162404
>but I can no longer keep up my current lifestyle if I quit my boring job
so are implying that your current lifestyle is better.
>>
>>34162436
Somethings are, yes. I can buy most things that interest me and have my own place, so I don't have to deal with my parents being disappointed with a neet at their house.
>>
>>34162477
>I can buy most things that interest me and have my own place, so I don't have to deal with my parents being disappointed with a neet at their house.
what kind of job anon?
>>
29 here
I need meaning in my life. I work a job I despise. I want to learn new things.
>>
>>34162669
male model
>>
28. Is it reasonable for me to commit suicide now? By now I know myself well enough to be certain I'll never achieve success or happiness.
>>
>>34162986
What's your situation tho, why do you want to kys?
>>
>>34163024
I failed out of university, can't hold down a job, and have never had a relationship. I can't motivate myself towards any kind of self improvement. I don't really like doing anything and don't see the point in being alive.
>>
>>34152599
Pathetic little cuck boy
>>
>>34163096

At least hold out until 30

do some crazy shit
>>
>>34163096
Well, uni and job situation is clear, but not fatal.
Motivation is known issue with our(heck, a lot of) generation.

Are you ugly\sick?

Not much interested in anything currently myself, but I'm still trying to find anything I'll like, just like it used to be back when I was young, doing something and not seeing time flies. I want to feel this again.
>>
>>34163130
>do some crazy shit
Such as?
>>
>>34163096
Why can't you hold down a job?
>>
>>34163181

No idea lol
>>
File: tfw482597961473.jpg (135KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
tfw482597961473.jpg
135KB, 900x900px
I have a very important phonecall tomorrow. It might be my lucky chance to unjust myself.
Will you pray for me? I needsome meme magic.
>>
>>34163274
good luck buddy just b urself
>>
>>34163178
>Are you ugly\sick?
Not really.
>>34163204
I space out when I'm working and I'm unsociable. I had a data entry position I was doing somewhat well at but I grew increasingly angry the longer I worked there and started breaking things and getting into confrontations with other employees.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
i hate the fact that im now old enough to participate in this thread
>>
>>34153412

Hope. You will find a gf one day, you will have kids. Believe in yourself!
>>
>>34163274
if dubs you'll make it.
>>
File: tfw1482364935113.png (47KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
tfw1482364935113.png
47KB, 657x527px
>>34163296
>>34163401
..we arenot getting the digits anons.. Does Kek listen if there are no digits?
>>
>>34163434
you are praying to a false idol
>>
>>34163274
take my dubs
>>
>>34163303
>Not really.

Folk here got legit problems, mental and physical and that can be somewhat "valid" reason to not have job\gf. But it seems you're not one of these categories, so you're just lazy\unmotivated, whatever word fits. Try doing some self-analysis, or try psychologist\professional medical help.

I just don't really see the one issue that will stop you from even properly trying.

This can sound harsh, but I genuinely surprised and do not mean to discourage you. Just trying to figure out whole picture.
>>
>>34163469
What do you mean? Isn't meme magic real?

>>34163550
Thanx doge.. I guess I will remain JUST..
>>
I turned 25 around six months ago now, things really could be worse honestly. I collect my mentally deficient bux and stay in my government provided accommodation. I've pretty much completely emotionally leveled off. I leave the house to go to the gym, I don't get anxious because I feel almost nothing anymore. I don't really think much about suicide anymore, I just sort of am. Sometimes I'll do weird things like yelling out gibberish or pissing on the carpet just because I can. Life is funny like that. I really don't feel much at all.
>>
File: 1469176074628s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1469176074628s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>25 years old
>been traveling with a band for a while and working dead end jobs to support myself
>yeah it's cool living the dream but it's drying up.
>no more paying gigs, getting sick of my bandmates and it's just becoming a giant money hole
>thinking about joining the army because I love guns and want to die in the next world war but remember I probably can't because of joint and back problems
>want to kickstart a career in computer stuff but come home from work tired as fuck and just watch youtube videos all day
>still can't get a date (only reason I'm not a virgin is because I'm in a band, and even then I'm not pulling chicks all the time)
>it's almost noon and I haven't even decided what I'm going to do with my day.
>have no idea how I'm going to get out of my wage slave job

Really wish I joined the army man. Either I'd pay for college or die in a war. Win Win.

Come to think of it my life is a lot like this song except backwards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1R64-ZWVoM
>>
>>34163590
>>34163590
>Try doing some self-analysis, or try psychologist\professional medical help.
How does self analysis work? What kind of results can I expect from it?
>I just don't really see the one issue that will stop you from even properly trying.
If someone is a terrible person simply because they're lazy and unwilling to help themselves, doesn't that mean suicide is entirely justified in that case? The single issue that needs to be solved is them.
>>
>>34163972
You can at least try getting to understand what you actually like.

>doesn't that mean suicide is entirely justified in that case?

It's persons own deal, but I'd say it's a huge waste in your case. I remember like a week ago spoke with anon who lost both parents to a car accident, he got house and some cash(insurance money) and he just lived in his house for 1.5 years. Reading, doing some home fitness, trying to learn new stuff.

There's almost always a better way to it, just don't give up so easy.

I'm 28, dropped off last year of uni, went working(lied to employer), got enough money and moved to other country(I thought it would be good enough motivation).

It all worked out, well, it's still in progress, but I'm here now, got fit, still searching for things that bring me joy, but process is interesting in itself.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.