[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUYS I FOUND THE CURE FOR DEPRESSION

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

JUST DON'T THINK, AT ALL! DON'T CARE! NOTHING MATTERS! STOP WORRYING! SUPPRESS YOUR FEELINGS OF SHAME! SET NO EXPECTATIONS FOR YOURSELF!
>>
File: 1484448403723.png (696KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1484448403723.png
696KB, 633x758px
>>34151624
>tfw your mind is starting to convince itself none of this is real
Don't like where this is going, senpaitachi.
>>
>>34151653
STOP THINKING! YOU HAVE TO STOP YOUR MIND FROM CONVINCING YOURSELF OF SUCH THINGS!
>>
death is the secret to life
>>
>>34151624
>implying I havent discovered this over the last 7 neet years
>>
I have ADHD. I can't stop thinking willingly.

Meditation is the only cute and even then I'm still not strong enough to contain my own thoughts.
>>
>>34152059
STOP GIVING WEIGHT TO YOUR THOUGHTS, JUST LET THEM FLOW
>>
File: 1464360793104.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464360793104.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34151624
>Depressed?
>Just become completely apathetic!
>Just stop thinking about anything! Ever!
>Just give up on all your goals and dreams!
>Just become a shell of a human!

Okay, I think I understand what you mean friend. I'll just suppress my feelings of shame at having failed life and just kill myself. I won't think about it all and just do it. I might as well get it over with since nothing matters after all. Since I must be suck a fuck up to get to this point, I won't even expect to get it right the first time. No biggy, I'll just try again.

Why didn't I think of this sooner? Thanks for the insight.
>>
File: 1464207732091.png (316KB, 800x652px) Image search: [Google]
1464207732091.png
316KB, 800x652px
>>34152225
thats not my pic
>>
File: gun_PNG1367.png (883KB, 1371x852px) Image search: [Google]
gun_PNG1367.png
883KB, 1371x852px
>>34151624
Guys I found a cure for everything
>>
>>34152255
will try that cure later on.
>>
Nihilism is more of a cause of depression than a cure. If nothing matters, why even bother?
>>
>>34152225
IF YOU SET NO EXPECTATIONS FOR YOURSELF YOU CANNOT FAIL IN LIFE. FIND PRIDE IN YOUR LIFE TO BE HAPPY. STOP SETTING EXPECTATIONS.
>>
>>34152335
I AM NOT ADVOCATING NIHILISM. WHAT I MEANT BY SAYING NOTHING MATTERS IS THAT WHATEVER PROBLEMS YOU ARE HAVING ARE INCONSEQUENTIAL.
>>
>>34151624
The real cure is cold showers.

I've had some of the best sleep in a long time after only starting to take cold showers less than a week ago. The morning after the first shower I woke up feeling alive.
>>
File: 147358.jpg (362KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
147358.jpg
362KB, 1106x1012px
>>34151624
>nothing matters
Boy I sure am hungry.
>nothing maaaatters
Boy I sure am hungry, I need to get some food.
>nothing maaaaattttters
Boy I sure am hungry, I need to get some food. Wait a sec, I have no money.
>nooooothing maaaaaaaaaaattttttteerrrs
Boy I sure am hungry, I need to get some food. Wait a sec, I have no money. I need to get a job to get money and to get a good job I must go to college even though I'd rather not.
>nothing.mat.ters
Boy I sure am hungry, I need to get some food. Wait a sec, I have no money. I need to get a job to get money and to get a good job I must go to college even though I'd rather not. I also have a constant urge to fuck because ultimately that's the point of my life, to pass on my genes and it stings when I realize the opposite sex isn't interested in me for just being alive like some other guys.
...etc you get the point
>>
>>34152442
Oh, you're advocating more of a stoic philosophy than a nihilistic one.

>>34152478
Hot showers dry out your skin, but cold showers are nofap tier placebo. I guess they do build mental toughness. It's best just to shower with lukewarm water like your guide recommends.

>>34152480
Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about your problems. If your reasoning for not improving yourself is "I'd rather not," than that is why you are in such a state. If you don't want to be 100k in debt, you can still work hard at a trade and make good money.
>>
>>34151624
It really hard to do that sometines
>>
File: 4f1ffl.webm (1MB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
4f1ffl.webm
1MB, 256x144px
>>34151624
I think it's the opposite. Pick up a project and get obsessed with it. Make that all you think about so everything else is secondary. Most robots make being "depressed" a hobby in itself. Idle hands doing nothing but thinking about how you want to kill yourself just makes you want to kys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Q7YRDL90E
>>
>>34152681
>cold showers are placebo.

Are you actually dumb or just trolling me? All of those benefits in the picture are scientifically proven.
>>
>>34152480
>hungry person
>"hmmmm, I need to get a job to get money and to get a good job I must go to college even though I'd rather not."
>not just stealing some food
yeah right
>>
>>34152681
>Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about your problems
>do something about your problems
what if nothing can be done?
>>
>>34151624

I started doing this. It appears to be working, too.

Accept that you're a failure, and sometimes, things don't feel that bad.
>>
>>34152855
I went on "Dr. Jockers" website. The only effects that are actually proven are improving circulation, improving recovery, and increasing metabolism. However to improve circulation, you cannot just take a cold shower; you have to alternate between hot and cold. Of course making you cold is going to make you burn more calories. The source on his website linked for the "Strengthening the immune system" claim links to a study where some scientists formulate a hypothesis based on the fact that some mice were chilled and this reduced the growth rate of tumors they had. The fact that the word "detox" is used should really throw up red flags.

The doctor also received his doctorate from "Life University," who base themselves on vitalism and vertebral subluxation, both of which are pseudosciences.

I'm not going to say that cold showers are bad, because they are still good for things such as waking your up or helping you feel less sore, but they don't have many strictly scientific benefits, and most of the claims in that image are unproven.

>>34153046
Unless you possess 0 skills or abilities, something can be done. But there are a lot of ways to improve yourself. Make friends from your school or work. Work out and make yourself more attractive to women. Learn to do things yourself and save money.

If you don't want to go to college or school or anything, there are still ways to hustle and make money. My friend has a high school diploma, but even that is not necessary. He does cleanouts for a living. He goes to people's houses, gets paid to take their large appliances away, and then gets paid again when he sells them for scrap.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.