[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why cant i stop self destructing anons

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: things keep happening.jpg (151KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
things keep happening.jpg
151KB, 1600x1200px
why cant i stop self destructing anons
>>
>>34151505

Because free will is a myth.

No person would willingly choose a bad thing.
>>
>>34151531
thanks for the input guy
>>
>>34151505
because self destruction keeps up happiness
>>
>>34151505
you feel bad.

so there is some short term reward in the self destructive behavior that outweighs the possible long term reward that would come with abstaining from the self destructive behavior. one way of counteracting the destructive impulse is to focus on the long term consequences of acting on this behavior instead of the immediate reward. associate the behavior with the negative consequences and it will remind you that the short term reward is probably not worth it. envision what your life will be like in 1/5/10 years if you continue indulging your impulse to do what's bad for you and what your life might look like if you resist. as of now, you can keep telling yourself that you'll start doing better tomorrow but right now you NEED to give in to the impulse. once you start building positive habits, you will have something to lose by giving into destructive impulses. maybe you can't stop self destructing because you can't imagine maintaining what is necessary for a better life but it builds slowly and as you observe your own success you will have a reason to believe that you might succeed.
>>
>>34151786
thank you for the actual input
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.