[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Esperanto a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1esperanto.jpg (68KB, 563x428px) Image search: [Google]
1esperanto.jpg
68KB, 563x428px
Is Esperanto a meme?
>>
>notable esperanto speakers
>(((george soros)))
makes you think
and yes, esperanto is a meme, barely anyone even knows about its existence. so much for a "universal language"
>>
>>34147650
Yes. You will never use it. English is already a wider spread language. The only people who use Esperanto are a few slavs and some Chinese. If you're going to learn a language like Esperanto, just learn Spanish or French instead. It will be far more useful.
>>
>>34147650

Genius idea, Install Gentoo realization, it's a product that isn't marketable to the mass as it stands.

Historically got shot by the French because they thought French should be the international language, but poetic justice chose English instead.

As of now, Esperanto is standing in the way of anyone trying to create a better implementation.
>>
proud monolinguist
english is the superior language and culture
>>
>>34147824

These are 2 totally seperate things.

Engrish is the world language and is 20 times more widespread than english culture.

> and by english culture, I'll assume you mean the USA culture
>>
lojban>esperanto
>>
>>34148539
> i se ki'u bo la berti brife cu bilga lo ka tugni fi lo nu la solri cu traji lo ka vlipa

Thanks but I'll pass on that one. It sounds unnatural and even if it certainly has its charms (being logical, no exception and such), I don't see how you would convince half a billion of people to learn it.

That's the main problem with every contender, convincing people to learn a language that isn't widespread. Also Esperantists will cry a river about it making their dream harder (when really they should reform their fucking language to make it sexy instead).

I personnally favor Europanto as the new Langua Franca.
>>
>>34148217

>Usa.
>Culture.
>>
>>34147824
anglos must be the only group of people that glorify ignorance
Well maybe niggers as well
>>
>>34148783
>sounds unnatural
Really not that big of a problem. French sounds unnatural if you've never heard it before. How japanese pretty much has the verb at the end feels unnatural to english speakers.

Languages are different and it takes some time to wrap your head around some when going from one to the other.

You're right about the rest. Learning a language is easiest if you can immerse, with music or TV or anything in that other language. With lojban, that's pretty much impossible. Nobody really speaks it even if it's pretty much better in every way to regular languages.
>>
File: ccc.jpg (220KB, 960x855px) Image search: [Google]
ccc.jpg
220KB, 960x855px
>>34148844
> Doctor Who and the Queen
> Culture

America is the reason why English is the best language. People learn english so they can work with America's companies. People write their doctorates in english because their fields are dominated by America's geniuses.
Esperanto would work if it was supported by the USA.
Simple as that.
>>
>>34148973
I hate you but you are technically correct mate.
>>
File: r.jpg (5KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
5KB, 200x175px
>>34148973
>> Doctor Who and the Queen
>> Culture

I'm not british dude. I'm Actually European.

There's also a difference between culture and political power.
On that line of thought, we should all use the imperial mesurments because "it's what america use".
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.