[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017: Year of the NEET

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_nyqjhqnIFc1v0pigno1_1280.jpg (365KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyqjhqnIFc1v0pigno1_1280.jpg
365KB, 750x725px
Dear NEETs of /r9k/,

This past Sunday I was creating a formal monthly budget in an attempt to sort out my personal finances and I realized that my autistic shekel-hoarding had already given me enough money to live comfortably for 42 months without any income. That's three and a half years! Naturally, I felt a strong urge to not show up to work on Monday.

Now, unlike most wagecucks, I wasn't able to fight this urge by telling myself that the unemployed lifestyle would be stressful and unsatisfying; I'd already done a few short (3-4 month) stints as a NEET and knew exactly how wonderful it was to wake up when I felt like it, spend my day doing things I loved and sleep like a baby knowing I'd be doing it all again the next day. Still, wouldn't quitting be a childish decision? Surely adults don't behave like that?

So I tried to be responsible. I told myself I'd stick it out for another six months and if I still felt like quitting, I'd take a holiday then reassess... well, I only lasted five days. I quit this very afternoon as I was leaving the office, giving no notice and breaching my contract. I'm now officially a NEET and I feel fucking great.

Who else here is a comfy NEET?
>>
Wait isn't 42 months just 2 years? Stupid neet
>>
>>34130216
12 months in a year
24 in two years
>stupid neet
>>
>>34130216
12 months in a year
12 x 3 is 36
half a year is 6 months
42-36 is 6.
>are you literally retarded?
>>
File: mojak.jpg (40KB, 634x650px) Image search: [Google]
mojak.jpg
40KB, 634x650px
>>34130216
This is why you're a wagecuck
>>
File: Wrong..png (40KB, 205x83px)
Wrong..png
40KB, 205x83px
What was your job prior to quitting OP if you dont mind
>>
>>34130038
whats your rent?
>>
>>34130038

Did you consider rising prices of shit? Did you consider moving to a cheaper area?
>>
>>34130038
Or you could have continued to save, invested the money in property and lived comfortably for the rest of your life... oh wait you choose the r9k autistic choice of doing nothing every day and becoming suicidal. Sad!
>>
>>34130291
I worked as a team leader / client liaison for a smallish marketing company. You know those companies that advertise themselves as 'young' and 'agile' in their recruitment ads? That sort of place. The work wasn't cruisy but there was next to no bureaucracy and a lot of flexibility which I like. Unfortunately the office culture meant I'd always be spending my evenings drinking with normalfags and to make it worse I was semi-permanently assigned to one of our larger clients, a rigid oldschool business full to the brim with mongoloid Chads.
>>
>>34130629
Doesn't sound that bad to be honest.

Aren't you afraid that your little vacation will harm your chances of getting employed again in the future once you start running out of money?
>>
>>34130403
AUD 350 a week for a nice studio apartment

>>34130438
The NEETing will only last for three years so I didn't account for the rising cost of living but that'll probably be offset by dribs and drabs of 'work'. I'm not trying to build a customer base or fuck around with leads for a few years at least but I expect there to be some overlap between my hobbies and paid projects.
>>
>>34130038
Being a NEET is great. I buy my own food but still save almost everything I get.

I've got $20,000 in the bank now, so when I get kicked out, I'll still be alright for a while.
>>
File: 1445135201132.png (34KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1445135201132.png
34KB, 666x666px
>>34130470
>living a wholesome and pleasant life in place of the constant stress of wagecucking is going to lead you to suicidal ideation

How on earth do you figure?
>>
>>34130216
>Wagecucks
>Not braindead

Pick 1
>>
>>34130685
Working IS that bad. The position might've been good as far as jobs go but working 40 hours a week plus transit is too much, it stalls your development as a human being and drains you of energy.

>Aren't you afraid that your little vacation will harm your chances of getting employed again in the future once you start running out of money?
Not at all. I can pick up a minimum wage job until I find something better but I actually expect to come out of this with increased earning potential from all the time I'll be spending on my technical skills. I've hated design ever since I started spending hours every day overseeing it and now I'll be able to get back into it purely as a hobby.
>>
>>34130888
>I can pick up a minimum wage job
Yeah have fun with that....
minimum wagie here and if you think working 40 hrs a week at your office job sucks, get ready for something even worse if you can comprehend that.
>>
>>34130888
>all the time I'll be spending on my technical skills
Video games and Masturbating?
>>
File: FhpBn2I.gif (249KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
FhpBn2I.gif
249KB, 512x288px
>>34130918
To be honest I feel like I've crossed a kind of bridge in my mind. I've passed over to a new life, I have at least three years of freedom stretched out before me like an endless summer and I don't like the idea that it might end with me getting another job and wagecucking all over again. I should look into welfare payments, I'd be okay with a sharp reduction in my living standards if it meant unlimited free time.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>34130038
This poster is always a comfy NEET.
>>
Good choice my NEET friend
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.