[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Football

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 13

File: footbsall.jpg (55KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
footbsall.jpg
55KB, 640x400px
Can someone please explain to me the appeal of this turbonormie sport? I always try to get into it when it's on, but it's just so fucking boring.

>30 seconds of a shot of a guy running down a field with some guys chasing him
>20 slow-mo repeats of the tackle at different angles
>Bunch of shots of guys just standing around the field, waiting
>Commercial break
>Repeat

Like even if you enjoy the sport, you watch maybe 10 minutes of it in 2 hours.
>>
File: 1475538777480.png (36KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1475538777480.png
36KB, 778x512px
I might be autistic but for me pretty much all sports are way too fucking slow paced, which is why I enjoy some inb4 tiptipesports. Granted, you'd only enjoy them if you understand what the fucks going on but the commentators often do a good of explaining. Watch a professional game of csgo or StarCraft and shit goes down a few minutes in. Or a bit more normie game of LoL.
>>
>le "it's all replays and commercials" meme
back to plebbit you go.
>>
File: file.png (508KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
508KB, 640x480px
It's like a turn based strategy game. You admire, criticize, and speculate what each team is going to do every turn. I find it pretty interesting.
>>
Football is literally this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYXG67x2r3c
>>
File: 1354509510657.png (245KB, 581x659px) Image search: [Google]
1354509510657.png
245KB, 581x659px
>he can't recognize basic strategy
>>
Yeah, it's pretty simple. You're a massive faggot.
>>
GO SPORTS TEAM

GO SPORTS TEAM

I WILL ROOT FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM THE SAME GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION AS I AM
>>
I think it's one of the few sports that has just as much of a mental demand as it does physical
The best thing used to be the flurry of words and hand that was a pre snap moment with Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning, the way the 2 of them would move around their team's trying to read and outsmart each other
That and sports are fun, keeping track of statistics are fun
This season is good too, watching Dak step up and lead a team, watching the Panthers somehow do as bad as they are
>>
>>34127441
You're probably American, where their sports teams are just franchises that bounce around whenever their owners feel like it so they mean nothing. But everywhere else, clubs represent their community. They've been in the same place for 100+ years, they're a way for people to come together, feel a sense of community, for sons to share something with their fathers (who in turn shared it with their fathers, and so on, back to when the club was first founded), for people in general to have fun, drink, yell.....

Basically all stuff that real robots can't really understand or enjoy.
>>
>>34127476
I was glad that even in his last season, Manning could still put teams offsides with his audibles.
>>
File: 81832_Front_3-4_Web.jpg (121KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
81832_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
121KB, 1000x600px
>>34127495
Assmad Europoor detected
Nicca
>>
its a way for fat kids to do a sport but if youre fst and you dont strive to get skinny football will keep you big
>>
dont put too much thought into it, its just for fun. its captivating, no one knows how it ends, and its generally enjoyable for all parties involved.

>>34127441
whats your point?
>>
>>34127566
No, I'm just a really butthurt guy from San Diego. I seriously envy the European soccer teams, and even a lot of the baseball teams we have here (Cubs/Cards/Pirates/Reds have been in the same place since 1880, Yankees/Sox have been in their cities since 1900, etc.). But football? What's the fucking point? They're in this city, now that one, now that one.....it's all just a giant scam where the owners keep building new stadiums, the only teams that are immune are the ones in shitty cities with corrupt governments like Chicago and Detroit.
>>
>>34126304
how do i understand this game? i need a new hobby because anime is getting lame and i'm too lazy to read
>>
Physical Chess

Legal War
>>
>>34127972

Buy Madden.
>>
>>34127972
>>34128077
This, easiest way to get into it and understand the rules
>>
>>34128077
>>34128177
>tfw no current gen console
fuck
>>
File: woj.gif (113KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
woj.gif
113KB, 498x594px
only sport that's watchable is MMA and women's volleyball.

mfw big sister did volleyball in highschool
mfw was too young to appreciate their bullying
so young that i can't even properly remember it to fap to the memory now
>>
File: no dad.jpg (142KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
no dad.jpg
142KB, 1200x800px
>>34128338
MMA is fun, it's fanbase is WWE tier but whatever
>>
>>34128299

Go to gamestop and pick up a used copy of a previous edition for your console of choice, they can be had for as cheap five dollars.
>>
>>34129404

*as cheap as
>>
>>34126304

It's a strategy based game. The kind of sport you come up with once you've evolved past the point of "90 minutes of keepaway"
>>
>>34127327
>>34127476
This, plus how intricate it all is. It's much more of a team sport than most, with everyone playing a specific role. Offensive plays can be timed and spaced so exactly that quarterbacks and receivers could make throws and catches in the dark.
Also the full contact part is pretty fun to watch.
>>
File: IMG_7007.jpg (101KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7007.jpg
101KB, 1500x500px
>>34126304
> be a chargers fan all life
> consistent bad luck, like 5 playoff wins my whole life
> greedy ass owner moves the team to LA

My life already sucked and this might be the final blow. That football team was all I had
>>
>>34129721
Sorry senpai. I didn't mind the rams moving back to LA, but the chargers moving its pretty shitty. San Diego loved them.
>>
File: sad maryland.jpg (93KB, 515x519px) Image search: [Google]
sad maryland.jpg
93KB, 515x519px
>>34126304
Usually people get into sports and shit for the same reason that you or other robots get into esports or speedrunning. It's seeing a game being played at a high level by the very best players and discussing the dynamics between the opponents and their teams. Talking about matchups, key players/plays, much more. Besides that, people enjoy pulling for the team that represents where they're from, because people feel a strong connection to the places they're from. It's like the reason I'm a huge fan of my university's basketball team. It's my university, and they're good at basketball (top 25 team) so it's a pleasure to watch them and talk about predictions for each game.

I think sports are a lot like esports in a multitude of ways, honestly.
>>
File: CXqe7K-UwAAwHql.jpg (61KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
CXqe7K-UwAAwHql.jpg
61KB, 1024x731px
>>34130075
>>34129721
>>34127619
>>34127495
I recommend college sports over pro sports because they avoid many of the problems that pro-sports have, such as a lack of loyalty to fans, excessive commercialization, or a lack of passion in the fanbase. College sports have century-old traditions, rivalries, extensive history, and most importantly, inspire pride in their fans. Additionally, college sports are easier to watch (most of the major ones are on ESPN), feature more diverse strategies than professional sports (particularly football and basketball) because they feature amateur players, and there's constant turnover of players and coaches to keep things interesting.

My school is also a Top 25 basketball team and it feels good man.
>>
File: brogdonwut.png (179KB, 297x285px) Image search: [Google]
brogdonwut.png
179KB, 297x285px
>>34131235
Ah, florida I see. Virginia here. Our season has been kinda shaky but it could certainly be worse. ACC is fucking ridiculous man.

The college basketball season has been pretty good though, lots of upsets (butler over nova, west virginia over baylor) and interesting things happening this year.

The only problem I have with college basketball is the fucking awful seeding of the NCAA tournament every year to seed more towards storylines and less towards "let's properly seed this tournament" like it should be.

And yeah. I find it easier to keep up with and watch college sports since there are fewer games and I just feel like they're more interesting in general
>>
>>34131235
I started following a college basketball team because they have a really good player and he is also cute
>>
File: 201k2.png (119KB, 223x219px) Image search: [Google]
201k2.png
119KB, 223x219px
>>34131608
which team is it so i can talk shit
>>
>>34127327
I like strategy games, but fuck is handegg boring.
>>
>>34126304
NFL is shit, Rugby is good though except for the fact that you get to grope other men.
Oh and people like normal football(soccer) because they are raised into it usually.
>>
American football is the only sport I can't get into. I like hockey, baseball, football, and basketball but American football is just so goddamn boring.
>>
>>34131744
How do you like baseball it's almost as boring as cricket.
>>
>>34131763
Baseball is /c o m f y/
>>
>>34131623
The Huskies, I saw some of their games last year and Markelle Fultz just caught my eye with how good he was. The team is pretty dismal though, so I'm just thinking of bandwagoning him when he goes to the NBA
>>
Fuck off back to >>/sp/

NOW
>>
>>34127201
>you'd only enjoy them if you understood what was going on

It's almost like it's the same for real sports
>>
>>>/sp/

Oreos
>>
>>34127619
>tfw you're from Dallas
>>
File: TSUUUU.jpg (46KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
TSUUUU.jpg
46KB, 600x360px
Real football is the true robot's sport
>>
>>34126304
Same as any other sport; helps us forget the chem trails
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.