[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you blame your parents for the way you turned out? I kind

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: CapturedPicture_10[1].png (640KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
CapturedPicture_10[1].png
640KB, 853x480px
Do you blame your parents for the way you turned out?

I kind of do, my dad was an abusive cunt and I think my brain is fucked from how many times he hit my head when I was growing up
>>
>>34122537
my parents never had any friends themselves when growing up and were not on good terms with relatives or neighbours and my mother is an emotionally unstable mess, no wonder I turned out a friendless anxious loser with zero social skills
>>
>>34122579
I mean while I was growing up, they had friends in their youth of course
>>
Yeah I had shitty parents who pretty much taught me wrong.
>>
>>34122537
Yes

I take pride in making sure they get no fucking grandkids

Fuck them
>>
>>34122579
My parents were really friendly with people and had and still do have friends.
So yeah it's not that. I'm the same way as you.
>>
>>34122537
Yes.

My dad is the typical smug liberal humanities guy and I'm pretty he gets a kick out of the whole
>Lol what do you mean you can't find a job? I thought math was a good major?
My mom is the typical woman who just let's the husband take charge but when the husband is a faggot things don't turn out well.

Also I took all their advice because why would my parents lie to me? Now I have no job, loans, and live with them in one of the shittiest cities in the US for employment and housing.

Oh and no car.
>>
>>34122719
that doesn't sound very abusive Tbh

Has he hit you?
>>
>>34122537
> Do you blame your parents for the way you turned out?
Yes, if you live in a third world country you shouldn't have children.
>>
>>34122745
Well that's the tip of the iceberg. He's not abusive, but he enables my brother who is maybe the craziest person I've ever met. He's incredibly violent, breaks just about everything, cusses out my parents, and threatens everone. He assaulted my sister a few years back, but she turned out to be a selfish bitch anyways. I've been chased with knives, shovels, you name it, and he's still the favorite.
>>
yep, why haven't they noticed i have crippling anxiety yet?

maybe i should tell them, but i'm to anxious to do that :|
>>
My parents were never married and broke up a few months after having me. I would see my dad maybe once every 2 months and everytime I'd see him he'd constantly berate me on the car ride. He'd always find something wrong with me whether it's grades, sports, or just me not talking a lot with other people. I stayed in my room at his house on the weekend most of the day playing made up games with the few toys I had. My mother was emotionally unstable and has an opiate addiction, she was nice but very poor and wasn't working. Everyone in both sides talked badly about one other and would see me as someone to share their feelings with because I'd never rat anyone out and I was very quiet. Having people tell me these people are wrong and I shouldn't see them as an example and those people saying the same fucked up my mentality of what's right and wrong. I just decided to be nice to everyone no matter how little they think of me and even when they'd make fun of me I would be happy because they're laughing. I didn't want to make a lot of friends because my mother wasn't very hygienic, I would wear dirty clothes to skill a lot and rarely shower. I always thought of myself as some kind of punching bag but I didn't mind because that pain would go away when I'd go on the computer and play games with other people.
>>
>>34122537
This pic is funny, they are playing mario cart, but Mr Sopranos cannot be playing here, he aint even got the finger on the gas...
>>
>>34122816
Sounds like my dad, last time I saw him he wouldn't shut up about how 'I wasn't a real man' so I punched him in the face and I haven't seen him since
>>
Yes.
My dad was an abusive drunk who hit us almost every day.

When we finally got away from him, my mother just let me do whatever the fuck I wanted because she just wanted me to be happy.
Unfortunately what made me happy was playing video games all day and stuffing my fat face.

I just want to find a nice girl, marry her, have kids, and do everything right.
I just want to try my hardest to be the father I wish I could have had.
>>
>>34122537
My parents let my brother beat and molest me and then yelled at me for it and told me he's better than me

Kind of but I mostly blame myself for not just dropping out of school and running away and never talking to them again
>>
I blame my parents for enabling me instead of disciplining me, but I recognise I was a tough kid
>>
File: FeelFace.jpg (49KB, 523x514px) Image search: [Google]
FeelFace.jpg
49KB, 523x514px
My mother fucked up my ability to ever have a relationship, by taking me along when she went out to stalk my Dad after they split up. She also used to hit me, and whenever I try to address this these days she gets pissed and blames me for using an "emotional weapon" against her.
Among other things.
>>
Probably. My pops was that strong, silent type of guy who never shared any emotions or had any talk about life, love or sex. He thought that i was a smart kid and i should realized all those answers by myself. Look at me now - 24 khv neet.
>>
i wont say much, my mother overprotected me and she made me think i was special and better tan anyone else
>>
>>34123292
Typical american raising aka narcissism
>>
My dad has anger management, OCD and takes medicine for schizophrenia

Was he a good dad? 'no'
>>
>>34123341
Did you knew that he was different when you were child?
>>
>>34123321
now that ive got a job, i have dificult fitting in and talking to other people, even i eat my lunch alone im 19 and whenever someone laughs, i think theyre laughing at me
>>
>>34123381
He used to growl like a dog when he was getting angry

I remember one time he cancelled my birthday because I didn't make him a cup of coffee

I hope I don't take after him
>>
>>34123384
i want my neet hikki life back
>>
>>34123384
When I was in college I used to sit in a toilet cubicle for an hour at lunch to be alone :(
>>
>>34123384
What causes your difficulties in relations with other people? Do you feel superior?
>>
File: 1471117430403s.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1471117430403s.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
Yeah.
Dad is an alcoholic who just put me down all the time. To be fair his upbringing was shit and he's a manic depressive, but still, my self confidence never recovered.

I love my Mum more than anything in the world, but she was always way too cautious with me and raising me as a single parent I never stood a chance. I don't blame her for anything though, raising kids with a guy who was rarely there (and when he was their was mostly destructive) wasn't easy.

I sympathise with my Dad a lot more now that I have my own mental health issues, but still, fuck him.
>>
>>34122746
What shithole do you come from anon?
>>
I more blame school, my teachers and my peers. I'm 25 and I still haven't gotten over the pain I experienced 7+ years ago.
>>
>>34122537
My parents raised me like a pet and my drunk father loved to humiliate me in front of others. It's their fault, yes.
>>
>>34123466
>>34123480
i eat my lunch in the smoke area when no one is in there then when people come near to there i get the fuck out of there as quick as posible, sometimes theyre laughing at their normie stuff but i think theyre laughing at me and when i make it home i punish myself cutting my right left with a cutter the slashes number depends upon the number of people who looked at me strange or laugh at me ( or so i think) and yeah i think im superior but i promise myself dont think in that way
>>
>>34123507
Just goes to show the cycle never ends.

My dad was a lazy, antisocial and undependable piece of shit and now I've grown up to be a lazy, antisocial and undependable piece of shit. Funny that
>>
>>34123595
right leg
>>
33 replies and not one about the sopranos, damn you guys really are faggots.
>>
>>34123595
What would you think if one of them would approach you and genuinely ask "are you feeling okay anon? You seem a little sad for the past couple of weeks"?
>>
>>34122746
are you from mexico?
>>
>>34123619
I honestly watched that episode yesterday. I've never seen sopranos before and now im at 7th episode. It looks interesting show so far.
>>
>>34122579
same here
we never had friends/neighbours over
not even family gatherings
also all my grandparents died before i was born
>>
>mom spends dad's money on shit we don't really need so we're up to our eyes in debt
>she's on of those people that'll get a quick fix rather than actually solve the problem
>cheated on my dad a year ago

>dad's a functioning alcoholic that hides his beer from mom in my room, just like he hides his anger from the outside world
>his reason for sticking with mom is that he has nowhere to go so he's waiting for either enough money or mom to leave

>they expect me and my imouto to act like everything is okay

I have the tism, so they wouldn't let me go a lot of places and do stuff by myself even in my late teens. My imouto seems like she's getting more behavioral problems by the day. My parents also don't have friends outside of work so spend literally all their time not working/shopping at home. It's partly why I stay in my room most days. I'd like to move out, but I don't earn much and renting is expensive here (capital city). Might look into social housing if it gets too much to bear.
>>
>>34122537
I was born with ineptitude to feel emotions
psychiatrist that I was send to age 16 said told my parents that I am a sociopath, he said that I am manipulative and cruel and that there is not much he can do - while at the same time he was telling me that I make 'good progress'

so I simply stop coming to meetings and used the money I was given to take out a girl I kinda liked - all the while telling my parents lies

never felt guilty about it

well in fact most of the time I feel nothing and it's killing me because all I want is to feel love like all the normal ppl do - trust me it sucks being on the outside looking in

although hurting others gives me some kicks but since I smashed one guys head when I was 10 my parents made sure to teach me some self control

as granny Tarkin always said: fear will keep the brat in line - fear of leather belt!

although hurting others gives me some kicks but since I smashed one guys head when I was 10 my parents made sure to teach me some self control

as granny Tarkin always said: fear will keep the brat in line - fear of leather belt!
>>
>>34122537
I blame the lack of male role models and the racist exhibited by niggers and spics against me.

Their parents taught them to hate white people, and being the only white person I was hated.

Now I live in a shit heap of a city filled with low incoming housing and niggers fighting with mexican immigrants.
>>
>>34123653
really i dont know, probably i would faint and that has never happened to me before
>>
>>34123749
I have no idea why the last part is repeating itself
I have no idea why the last part is repeating itself
>>
No. The evidence shows that parenting really doesn't matter that much. We're mostly just products of our genetics.
>>
>>34123800
dont worry anon no one wants kill you for that
>>
>>34123747
Sorry to hear that anon. Hope you'll manage to live on your own.
>>
File: 1482839736447.jpg (124KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
1482839736447.jpg
124KB, 882x731px
>>34123747
what the fuck is an imouto

imaginary friend?
>>
kinda, my mother never disciplined me and never really tried to push me to do anything, and my dad had a shit job all his life and seemed content with anything i wanted to do.

i have no self-control or discipline. I know that it's really something i should be able to fix on my own but it's so difficult to change as an adult.
>>
File: cotton candy.png (64KB, 430x188px) Image search: [Google]
cotton candy.png
64KB, 430x188px
>>34123857
Thanks senpai, it is what it is. I've reached a moderate level of comfy by avoiding listening to their bullshit. Moving out's a last resort.

I wish you and all anons in this thread comfort and happiness.

>>34123968
>he doesn't watch chinese cartoons
>>
>>34123968
It means "little sister" in japanese
>>
>>34122537
My inclinations for staying inside, being anxious, dependent and socially awkward are all from my dad. I found it really frustrating that he then blamed my younger brother's wild behavior on his older brother(me) not going out and spending more time with him.

Whose fault is it that his older brother turned out that way, fuck face?
>>
>>34122537
I blame my parents for my lack of drive among other things. The only thing they taught me growing up is "do good in school". Well it's been 3 years since grades mattered to me and I'm kinda lost now.

I partially blame my brother for my lack of self esteem. He halfway tore it down by saying "I hate how you are" and "I wish I had a brother like ____" "Why are you like that?" "I bet ____wouldnt do that"

Then I blame my bullies for destroying the rest of my self esteem for doing things that bullies do.
>>
>>34124755
your brother was older or younger than you? my brother doesnt tell me things like tha he avoids me as much as he can
>>
>>34122579
Same. Raised by single mother with one friend in the world. Ended up the same.
>>
i don't think i can really blame shit on my dad because he just ignored me. it's like we were strangers living in the same house.
the only time he acknowledged my existence was when i did something that pissed him off and he was screaming at me. i learned to avoid him i guess.
>>
My mom is extremely aggressive and HATES being wrong even when she's blatantly wrong. Her normal speaking voice is yelling.

Rest assured it took me until I turned 26 to realize that normal people are much more chill. There are moments where supposedly people are being mean to me and I don't even notice because none of them are remotely as impatient or angry as my mother.

Oh well, at least I'm getting my shit together and thank fucking god I don't have her temper
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.