[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 44

File: 1484252235960.jpg (7KB, 209x250px)
1484252235960.jpg
7KB, 209x250px
>no /uni/ thread

How are you lads holding up?
>>
File: 1411257701451.jpg (224KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
1411257701451.jpg
224KB, 863x752px
>>34122229
>turning 27 this year
>still in university
>>
File: 1483144332283.png (913KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483144332283.png
913KB, 600x600px
>stressed before college even starts
>got a ticket thats 200$ for going over 2 in a school zone
>girlfriend breaks up with me
>thinking about the debt I will have from college

this is my life now.
>>
>>34122300
You'd better be studying STEM, kiddo.
>>
Been the worst years of my life honestly.
>>
Uni starts next week, already wanna kill myself. It feels like every semester pushes me to the brink of suicide and I'm not even close to graduating. It'd be fine if I wasn't a friendless loser who spent all day studying
>>
I'm on my erasmus exchange. Had a project to do and didn't see the deadline. I was 80-90% done. Wrote professor an email. He basically said "fuck you". Now literally fuck me. I'll have a failed subject and will have to pay money and who knows what else will happen.

Not that I am some loser who doesn't know shit or doesn't go to lectures. I was one of the best in the class and always went there. Fucking shit. I will have to lie about this to my parents. FML
>>
>go to stat lab
>barely 10 people are there
>i was sitting alone in the row
fuck, the loneliness is slowly settling in again
>>
>walk into class
>this absolute qt asian girl sits down two spots away, asking the girl beside me if the spot is empty
>fall in love at first sight with her, she wears glasses and everything
>hesitate if I should say hi or not
>few minutes later, her male friend comes and sits down next to her
>can't tell if they're dating or not
What would you do in this case? Would you still make a move to the girl? It's not that I'm just going to ask her out on a date the first time I saw her.

Just for reference I saw her walking alone around the lecture theatres the next day (not the day of the class), and she smiled at me, almost trying to say hi.
>>
>get wagecuck job over break
>worked 30+ hours a week
>tell them I can't work 12+ hours a week because uni
>tell me not possible
>have to quit
>back to having to rely on daddy for money
>>
>come late to a full class
>struggle to find a spot to seat as I move to the back
>this girl is kind enough to move her coat to free up a spot for me
>end up sitting right next to her
>can feel her glancing at me, my laptop and my face. actually she looks at my face multiple times

>I try to talk to her after class ends
>First I say "hi", but she either didn't hear or ignores.
>Then I say "nice to meet you" louder, she finally turns around looking nervous and fluttering
>her name is Wendy, I tell her my name as well
>ask her if she has a class next, I say yes
>She tells me to leave first, seeing I'm all ready to go
And I didn't even get her number or anything! I didn't look back as I left the class, so I couldn't tell if she had other friends to talk with in the class or not.

The next class, I couldn't even find that girl. It could just be that she skipped because it's Friday or something, but that seems weird to do if she actually liked me. I did see her texting and swapping classes last class, am I screwed now?
>>
File: IMG_4918.gif (491KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4918.gif
491KB, 245x245px
>mfw January finals
Do you guys know how to learn Basic and Anorganic Chemistry over weekend to pass?
>>
>>34122989
>January
>finals
you must go to some cuck uni because usually january is when a new term starts
>>
>>34123020
Not amerifag, our semester starts at the end of february. It's how we uni's work here in central europe
>>
>>34123064
i see, i think it's like that in asia as well
>>
>>34122792
Hmm. Sounds like the other guy is likely a beta orbiter. I'd say go for it and at worst she just tells you that she has a bf already.
>>
>>34123093
>Sounds like the other guy is likely a beta orbiter.
that's what I got from my senses as well. beta orbiter or just a male friend. the girl actually kept glancing at me when she first sat down

their convos didn't seem so serious, and the guy had this classic beta orbiter look on his face

I'm just unsure how to approach her. This class the two of them came to class and sat down somewhere else where only 3 or 4 people can sit in a row. wouldn't it be weird if I just sit by her and talk to her?

i just hope that guy isn't a fellow CS majoring robot or anything.
>>
>>34122229
Can't wait to go back. I quit my job back in October to have more time to study, and now I have all of this free time and I get bored enough to actually troll telemarketers. This one fuck told me to go fuck myself today.

>>34122300
Why do people like this w/ no idea what they want to do even go to college? Undeclared shouldn't be an option - all entrants should have a degree they lean towards before orientation.

>>34122368
Why?

>>34122374
>It'd be fine if I wasn't a friendless loser who spent all day studying
What the fuck do you mean? Who goes to college to make friends? You're there to spend time studying, and learning. The only "friends" you should be making are people you can use as connections later.

>>34122792
>asian girl with glasses
Hot. Asian girls are the closest 3D can get to perfect.
>male friend
Approach her when the friend isn't around. Even if you have to skip your meds, do it. I'm fucking insane without my Tenex, and ladies laugh their asses off when I talk about crazy shit.
>>
>>34122319
Parking police at my uni are terrible

>park in the wrong area
>parking lots are numbered very similarly so it's easy to get them confused
>get a ticket for $120
>not even a warning or anything

Plus, the university police constantly tail students just waiting for them to fuck up. Say what you will about regular cops, uni cops are human scum.
>>
>>34123217
>Approach her when the friend isn't around.
I don't know when I will get my chance again.

She seems to walk out of class together with that guy.

I did see her around lecture theatres yesterday when we didn't have that class, but I forgot to say hi
>>
>>34122950
>if she actually liked me
She didn't. She chose to be kind to you but you acted like a retard and made her feel uncomfortable. Just work on your people skills and maybe you'll fuck up less in the future.
>>
File: PS_HOR_RGB_2C.png (42KB, 1378x631px) Image search: [Google]
PS_HOR_RGB_2C.png
42KB, 1378x631px
Who here /psu/
University Park normies fuck off REEEEEEE
>>
>>34123134
Does she talk to the guy when she's walking out of class? I once got a girl's number while we were walking out of class right outside in the hallway (although I was sitting next to her in the lecture too, so you'd have to time your exit right and make it seem natural). I'm also too autistic to hit on girls who are already sitting with another guy, but realistically if they are always sitting together then that's your only choice unless you get lucky and he's gone one day.
>>
Spent 6 years in the workforce with a wageslave job. Finally back at uni again
>>
File: puke_urge.jpg (9KB, 240x322px)
puke_urge.jpg
9KB, 240x322px
I should have looked for a job instead of doing a master's degree.
>>
>>34123081
>it's the same in asia
no wonder they have such high suicide rates there then.
We even have a shorter finals in december that we have to pass so we are allowed to take the actual January finals. It's madness, I don't understand how can other people be so chill about it
>>
>>34123217
>Why do people like this w/ no idea what they want to do

But that's not true
>>
File: 0Kkd6vg.png (545KB, 751x499px) Image search: [Google]
0Kkd6vg.png
545KB, 751x499px
tfw 24 year old community college student
>tfw gonna be 25 in april
just fuck my shit up desu.

First time taking 12 units since my grandpa died
>>
>struggling with money
>move away from the university to a cheaper suburb to save on rent
>walk almost an hour each way to university to save on bus costs since there's a transfer in the middle
>ingrown toenail I got from working outdoors in ill-fitting boots over the break gets worse
>it's so far gone I can't cut the corner out
>it's constantly leaking pus, now it's bad enough that I can poke the top of the toe and it leaks through the skin
>agony walking to class but I can't not go (not that smart, I need to go to all my classes and tutorials to keep up)
>don't want to have to pay for transport or medical, worried about infection spreading
What fucking do?
>>
>>34123217
>Why?
I keep becoming more and more hateful. I don't like the people at school or at work. I despise the politics of my campus and the fact that this is supposed to be the place for "intellectuals" just makes me despise humanity. The people here are mostly pieces of shit. Maybe I am just jaded but I really think there is something wrong with the University.

To top it off 90% of what I learned I could have just as easily learned without all this bullshit from the Uni. I honestly want to see universities die out and have the internet take them over because I think in general it is having a net negative effect on society.

Also I am very lonely.
>>
File: 1471159755406.jpg (88KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
1471159755406.jpg
88KB, 750x563px
Head back to university tomorrow. Kinda worried because I am getting emails from the professor of one of my classes saying I should consider changing classes because his class is very challenging since it cross listed for graduates. Low on alternate options already for that type of credit. fuck...

On the bright side, Ill finally be done with university come December. Just two more semesters. and my last semester will just be easy classes to make up credits. Cant wait to be done with this shit.
>>
Who /grad school/ here?
Every moment I feel like I'm fucking incompetent, and I'm not even doing research yet.
>>
>>34123864
Does your school have any medical programs? Insurance or any free medical services at all? Even just a check-up, maybe someone with training can look at it and give you advice.
>>
I start the last semester of the year next Monday and my lazy ass professors still haven't graded my tests. I'll pray to almighty kek to pass all of them.
>>
>>34124127
nah, it's all paid stuff. I'm hoping I can just shrug off the infection and wait for it to subside
>>
>>34124024
I rather hammer nails through my dick than go beyond my undergrad. Hats off to you for soldiering on.
>>
Still waiting for mine to fucking start. I'm so bored. Once it does i can finally distract myself until i graduate and get a real job
>>
>first semester mech eng
>math exam coming up in 2 weeks
>will fail 100%, never studied, now it's too much
>exam registration software is fucked and now i also have to take physics exam
>just found out about it and only have 1 week to study
>missed many lectures because i didn't intend to take the exam either way
>don't even know what exactly i have to study
>fine with failing exams but i wont be able to catch up, ever, because lazy
>don't want to study all the time but don't want a job either

maybe i should just get off 4chan and study, first exam can't be that hard
then again only 30% passed last year
>>
File: pepe.png (86KB, 327x367px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
86KB, 327x367px
I'm living in a room in a former frat house and it's pretty lonely. No one's ever home... I always fantasized about buying myself a nice big house once the money starts rolling in, but after this first week of eating alone, I'm not sure I want that anymore. The size just exemplifies how alone I am...
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 300x315px
>>34122229
>tfw found a gf by accident
I can't believe I fell for all these memes, the normies were right all along
>>
>>34124487
More like you were a normie all along.
>>
>>34123312
God damn, I visited a friend I hadn't seen since middle school up at PSU last month and that place is normie haven. It happened to be the weekend you guys beat Wisco so that made it even worse. I'm sorry dude. Hail to Pitt
>>
>>34124209
Shit. Ok, well I've had small nail infections before. My doctor has told me to soak the infection in water that is as hot as you can bear. If you can afford them, over-the-counter pain killers and antibiotics can't hurt as long as you aren't stupid about it. I hope it does subside.
>>
>got some friends from sixth form coming to my uni for the weekend in a few weeks time
>one said something about trying to get me to hookup with a girl while they're there

what the fuck do i do
>>
>>34124545
I'm kinda waiting for the nail shoot to break through the skin so I can pull it out for sure without digging around through the flesh making the infection worse. I might try the water thing though.
>>
>>34124598
People say that all the time, but I'd bet my left nut it means next to nothing.
>>
>>34124512
This desu. Why do all these people pretend they are not normies when they clearly are? Why would they want to pretend to be robots? Being a robot is suffering desu.
>>
>>34124512
>>34124648
to my defence I'm on still on medication and just stopped being a NEET and getting my shit together
>>
have a 1500 word essay due tonight, nearly finished but I feel like I'm just quoting the text, rewording it to explain how it applies to my central idea and then moving to the next quote without actually thinking about anything
writing is my least favorite subject but I need it to graduate
how do you faggots write shit?
>>
>>34124609
The water thing is for the infection. Definitely treat the infection as soon as possible, it doesn't preclude removing parts of your nail. Alcohol is also good, can't believe I forgot that one.
>>
>>34124705
I used to really struggle because I'd write something, be unhappy with it, delete it and try again and slowly progress. Now I just suck it up, spew out a full garbage essay and go back and slowly improve all of it and link it together. Having a finished (even if terrible) essay helps to reduce a lot of stress while the deadline approaches. But I've never had to write anything over 3000 words so people with essay heavy majors might not find it suitable
>>
>>34124705
I've done it before but I can't remember how the hell I pulled it off. Every time I have to write something it's like the world is ending. I hear threatening to kill yourself can be effective but I don't take myself seriously enough.
>>
>>34124817
Nah, spewing garbage is definitely a good start. Nobody sits down and writes something good on their first try, and the only way to get to the better draft is to suck it up and spew truly cringey trash.
>>
>>34124705
If you're a non-English major, that's exactly how you should write essays like that.
>>
>>34124877
but it can be difficult to overcome the feeling that you know what you're writing isn't good enough and to suppress the urge to improve as you go. I suppose the next step is to take notes as you go about those improving ideas and come back to them.
>>
File: king trump.png (473KB, 444x694px) Image search: [Google]
king trump.png
473KB, 444x694px
>15 degrees outside
>76 in my dorm room with all the windows open

wew lad
>>
File: bart.png (461KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
bart.png
461KB, 500x470px
>shitty marks and no good work experience/internships
>surrounded by mega rich, successful genetically blessed chads and stacies at a top 50 uni
>they all seem to ace everything without trying and all have a thousand and one things they've already done
>studying 4 hrs a day 7 days a week outside class and only just getting by
>applied for 19 internships and 28 part-time jobs over the last 6 months some even on the other side of town and apart from 2 interviews have gotten nothing
>surrounded by gorgeous, beautiful women all day and unable to have them in their prime
>recently started balding, peaks are getting higher and higher

just about had it boys
>>
>>34124935
I know the feel, unfortunately. Absolutely take notes. They remind you where you need to make revisions and it's very comforting because you convince yourself that everything will be ok once you figure out the word you're thinking of or make something sound less shitty or explain yourself more clearly.
>>
>>34125109
It's not really a problem for me, I'm in the last year of my Stats major and the writing isn't that significant since I'm taking a lot of math as my electives. It was just for filler papers in first and second year where I needed to write essays.
>>
>>34124705
Why did you wait till the last second?
And
>1500 words
implying that's a lot
>>
>freshman at uni, just started 2nd semester
>english class requires 1,000 word discussion question responses every week

the fuck is this shit? is it just me or is that a ridiculous amount of work for an entry level english course?
>>
>>34125270
That's what, two pages with line spacing? That's only an hour or two a week outside of class as your total study load for that paper.
>>
>>34125270
>>34124705
What is with you pussies being unable to write papers? I know you guys are autists, but unlike conversation you have time to plan and revise your words
>>
>>34123441
>says the kid without direction and hollow eyes

>>34123929
I understand. What's your major and at what college? All universities are left-leaning to at least some degree. What's the point in going to an institution meant for "higher levels of discourse and learning" if most of the courses are anti-white "diversity" courses spreading the disease of multiculturalism and cultural Marxism? Fortunately, I'm a CS major at a good state university so my courses have next to no opportunity to get political bullshit shoved into them. Science > politics.

>>34124024
You have to really be the academic type to go to grad school. Especially when you got competition to the point that other students will literally attempt to sabo you.

>>34124384
Iktfb. 5 more days! I'm so excited for Physics I, and Organization of Programming Languages!

>>34125035
What the fuck...I'd be dead.

>>34125270
1k words/week is piss easy. I could shit a better Kool-Aid commercial. The best advice I can give is be verbose. As long as the prof isn't one of those pretentious "active voice all the time" faggots, use extra words where possible and load it up with outrageous examples to illustrate your point. You'll pass 1000 in no time.
>>
>>34125230
>implying implications
I didn't say it was a lot and I never said I had waited until the last minute
It's so fucking boring I needed to write a few paragraphs a day to keep myself from falling asleep
>>
>>34123285
>She chose to be kind to you but you acted like a retard and made her feel uncomfortable.
Is that what I did? I was afraid so...

To be fair it was the second class so I wanted to make friends...

What did I do wrong anyway? Did I seem creepy?
>>
>>34123370
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't want to seem like a stalker or something.
>>
>>34123285
>She chose to be kind to you but you acted like a retard and made her feel uncomfortable. Just work on your people skills and maybe you'll fuck up less in the future.
What did I do wrong? Seriously someone tell me
>>
First weekend after the new term and I'm already stressed out.

Thought I could finally make some friends this term, but nope not yet.
>>
File: 1483053225165.jpg (42KB, 486x433px) Image search: [Google]
1483053225165.jpg
42KB, 486x433px
>>34122229
Who here /unrealistic expectations/
> Be me
> Tell myself I would get a part time job, socialize more, and hit the gym next semester
> stay in dorm and browse 4chan
Maybe sophomore year, things will change.
>>
>>34126820
honestly all of those things aren't even hard.
>>
>>34126846
fuck off normalfag no one asked for your opinion
>>
>>34126878
it's not a normie thing, robots can get robot friends you know?
>>
File: brendanfraser7.jpg (11KB, 393x125px)
brendanfraser7.jpg
11KB, 393x125px
>girl who I have been stalking sits next to me out of dozens of potential spots
>Kek has given me an opportunity for greatness
>get a haircut, start wearing cologne and going to the gym
>never speak to her
>>
File: sad.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>incredibly cute shy korean exchange student sits next to me in math
>she's so innocent that she brought a scientific calculator to a calc course
>tfw the language barrier is just too much
>>
File: v2.png (90KB, 228x351px) Image search: [Google]
v2.png
90KB, 228x351px
I just realized I could get a history major instead of just a minor by staying 1 more quarter, is it worth it?
>>
>>34127120
kek why doesn't she have Korean friends? They always group up and never leave each other
>>
File: 876879689756.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
876879689756.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>Victory lap semester
>9 credits
>Realize I now have to try to find a real job now
>>
Graduating with a good degree and already accepted a job I don't like just for the money to pay off my debt.

I give it 6 months before I kill myself.
>>
Im about to move back to uni and I feel the most depressed I have felt in a while. Its like bullets: anxiety -- thud, insecurity -- thud, low self esteem -- thud. If I had one bit of human acceptance I think I would be fine but I just dont exist to anyone outside of my family and the lack of encouragment or validation from friends is what cripples me the most. I begin to think: is something wrong with me? And thus follows the aforementioned mental problems.
>>
File: 1453356611522.jpg (107KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
1453356611522.jpg
107KB, 800x850px
>>34124705
yet you spend all day writing on 4chan

honestly this is exactly what you STEM cucks deserve

INFPs finally win
>>
>>34127195
absolutely, itll make you look like an autist to any grad school or employer
>>
>>34127195
Depends how much it costs you. If you're American, it probably isn't worth it, but since you've already gone and continued your education, you might as well if you can afford it and it would make you feel happy/less shitty.
>>
>>34127198

There's probably not a lot of koreans in his college.
>>
File: 1481256618238.jpg (152KB, 723x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481256618238.jpg
152KB, 723x1024px
Question for everyone at Uni:
How much are you paying for rent? Dorm or Apt? How much space are you getting for your $$$?
>>
>>34127355
It will cost $2-3k i think but my parents are paying for it
I am American
>>
>>34127195
Fellow history minor here. Make sure your major department ok's you for the second major or you can potentially get buttfucked.

t. wanted to double major in history and the history department oked it but my major department refused to let me do it
>>
File: IMG_1128.jpg (119KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1128.jpg
119KB, 720x960px
Im almost ready for exams in a week but a feeling of loneliness and deflation has taken hold of me and my work drive has dwindled over the past week. Any help fellow robots?
>>
>>34127310
Can't tell if you have something wrong but I'm in the same boat, I feel like dropping out
>>
>>34127405
why not? that's dumb
>>
I am convinced that this math prof keeps harassing students whenever they post a negative review online.

The negative ratemyprof reviews keep getting deleted, and even the reddit posts are getting deleted.

I myself posted a ratemyprof review of how he was rude to me. He found out who I am, and he directly emailed me saying "how was that rude?" or whatever. I just wanted to see a final exam and he asked me what's the point if I got a low mark.

It's really concerning, because I don't think these reviews and posts are getting deleted for absolutely no reason. He must be going around contacting and threatening students for talking about him online
>>
>>34127442
Pretty sure a professor actively going out of their way to message you like that can get them in trouble if you were to report it to the department.
>>
>>34127442
To be fair you got 13%. How much could you really learn from that paper?
>>
>>34127376
$550 to share a room in an apartment near campus, we have a decent amount of space

I'm in a major city though, so getting jewed on rent is expected
>>
>>34122328
Art is the only life for me :^)
>>
>>34127429
I'm doing a hard major at a reasonably high ranked school, so they have a really retarded policy for double majors so the stupid normie students don't get stressed out. Seriously college is a fucking joke, my advisors think I'm crazy for actually just wanting to learn and not waste my time having subsidized partying.
>>
>>34127442
Don't make your reviews so specific to where they can single you out then. God I can't wait for this semester to be over so I can shit on one of my professors so hard
>>
>>34127376
$530/month. It's a one bedroom apartment I share with my wife. The living room is huge, though, and the kitchen is fairly large for an apartment this cheap.
>>
>>34127484
That's true, but it's just demeaning. I am retaking the course this term so I would've liked to seen what I did good, at least.

>>34127483
Are they even allowed to do this for ratemyprof reviews? I think there are policies that protect students anonymity for course evaluations.

>>34127550
Yeah that's where I fucked up, even ratemyprof says not to post any identifiable information. Good thing is I don't have to take any more classes with him
>>
>>34125270
500 is reasonable, 1000 is asking for a hell of lot, especially in an introductory course. Hell, I'm in a 300-level English class where we have 500-600 word responses due at the end of each week.
>>
>>34127589
>wife
obligatory reeeeee
>>
>>34126369
To put it simply, you acted too eager to get to know her.
People like other people with enthusiasm, but too much enthusiasm can be repelling.
>>
>>34127615
desu I think you over reacted. Perhaps he wasn't being "sensitive" enough but it definitely wasn't rude.
>>
>>34127666
Thank you. That's what I was fearing that I did.

I know other (male) robots who stuck up convos like that, and it creeped me out. Hell, one of them actually followed me to the way to class, and asked me if I'm in his previous class because I walked the same path. So creepy.

How could it have been better? I still wanted to get to know her. What should have I done?
>>
>>34127719
Glad to be of service.
A good place to start is to just ask somebody about the assigned reading or homework. From there, other conversations will emerge. Also, don't make it seem like you find them attractive. Studies show that engaging with a woman non-sexually is the first step to building a relationship of trust that will last.
>>
File: why.jpg (7KB, 250x220px)
why.jpg
7KB, 250x220px
>>34127760
>engaging with a woman non-sexually
>>
>>34127707
Part of me thinks that too. It was the way it was worded that triggered me. It indeed is weird to ask to view a final exam 8 months later. But based on how a half of his other upper-level classes last term were failing, and asking to view exams up to this term, I think he overreacted as well. I wasn't even expecting to argue with him over anything.

I don't know if I can report this for harassment or not. I've asked the university ombudsman for assistance. I think the prof could claim libel or whatever, based on how he's handling other negative reviews. I really don't want anymore stress but I keep thinking about it.
>>
>>34122229
School starts next Tuesday.
>In new major this semester
>New Media/Journalism
>Worried I'm fucking myself up for life
>I'll just move to some bumfuck country and teach English if I can't get a job after college.
>>
>>34127791
The good thing is that my college is payed for through Scholarships and Financial Aide, so I'm debt free
>>
I have a 3.9 gpa.

I am about to lose my scholarship, and my ability to go to school

genuinely considering sucide
you fuckers better take advantage of your fortune
>>
>be getting MS in quantitative psychology
>literally nothing but statistics with a couple of psych classes
>mind is starting to analyze everything in terms of significance and effect size

IAmInHellHelpMe.gif
>>
File: 1405122486862.jpg (133KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1405122486862.jpg
133KB, 640x853px
>Assembler programming class starts in 4 days
>>
>>34127484
>>34127615
>How much could you really learn from that paper?
A lot? It's already helpful to study from old tests and knowing which questions fucked you up is even better.
>>
>>34127760
>Also, don't make it seem like you find them attractive.
Yep I actually put on a flirty face. I mistakenly thought she was interested in me because she kept glancing at me. It could've easily been just that she was uncomfortable sitting next to a stranger, by the way she blocked seats next to her. I should've been more chill and comfortable.

>ask somebody about the assigned reading or homework.
But what about in the case of this girl? How could I have made the convo better? It went like this:

>Nice to meet you, thanks for moving your coat
>"h-haha, sure..."
>What's your name?
>"Wendy"
>OK my name is robot
>"..."
>Do you have another class?
>"Yeah"
>"Uhh you can go first..."
>>
>>34127652
what, plenty of people get married in college. It's 2017, dude, get a more evolved way of thinking.
>>
File: 1483937605359.png (278KB, 482x443px) Image search: [Google]
1483937605359.png
278KB, 482x443px
No clue what I want to do with my life. First year of uni. Don't see good things on the horizon.

I enjoy music but I'm too autistic to make a living at it. I'm currently enrolled in CS but not sure if I actually want to move forward with it. Lots of bigots on campus and in the administration although thankfully STEM is mostly clear of this.
>>
>>34127984
>Lots of bigots on campus

huh, where do you go to school?
>>
>>34127910
You should have kept the conversation much simpler. "Thanks" would have been enough. Then, if she was interested, she would have likely asked followup questions.
>>
>>34128024
University of Maryland. By this I mean required "Diversity" classes and the like.
>>
>>34127909
Exactly.

It's also weird because I got 30% lower on the final, despite trying to cram for it. I mean looking at my other scores, I would've failed the course regardless of the final.

I would've tried to explain him that, but I heard how rude and condescending he can get IRL. That scares me as a robot. Wouldn't want to walk into his office hours where his current students (same course though) are lined up, and I'm just asking to view an exam... So intimidating.

I was just asking if it's possible at all.
>>
>>34128054
>Then, if she was interested, she would have likely asked followup questions.
So she wasn't interested? She was a Chinese girl, probably international student
>>
>>34127909
He got 13%. Literally every question fucked him up, not trying to be mean.
>>
>comp sci
>everything minus de math part is easy as fuck to me while everyone struggles
>>
>>34128101
It was weird because I still put at least some work for most of the questions.

I was thinking he got pissed at me for asking to go to the restroom during the exam, thinking I cheated or something. Literally no one else asked except me (maybe others knew how he can be), and he followed me with VERY angry eyes as I came back from the restroom. Kept staring at me to make sure I wasn't suddenly magically writing down more stuff. Shit I had to take a piss because I drank too much coffee before and it was at 9am.

I just wanted to know how badly I fucked up. I even went to a paid review session for that course
>>
>>34128099
If she was an international student, there was a potential cultural/language barrier present as well. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Chinese culture to help you here. At my uni there are a lot of Brazilian students and they're pretty easy to socialize with. Chinese students tend to just stick to their own.
>>
>>34128061
Fuck, yeah, I know what you mean. I ran away from office hours I really needed to go to because this girl who is the epitome of Stacey showed up. At least the professor isn't at all bad.

>>34128101
Doesn't matter how badly he did, though. Just looking at the questions is a great way to learn how the teacher asks questions and get an idea of at least some of the material on a final. Even if they don't always indicate what would actually have been marked correct, examples of wrong answers can sometimes be useful so you at least know how not to answer questions later, but I guess it depends on the subject and format of the question.
>>
>>34128189
I am Korean so I imagine it was less intimidating than if I was of another race.

Being a robot, I actually frequently get asked if I'm actually a Chinese international/exchange student even though I was born and raised here. Must be because I'm not well dressed.

I actually interpreted the "you can leave first" as her being interested in me. I had another Chinese girlfriend who would actually yield me to line up in front of her and such.

Anyway I just wanted to get to know her, and it seems I fucked up.
>>
>>34128427
I almost wanted to reply to him that I am planning on retaking the course this term, and that is why I want to view the exam.

But I already felt defeated by then, and I think he would've sent me another demeaning insult or something.

Like I've said, I believe he's going crazy and overreacting because of what happened last term. He failed a lot of 200 and 300 level math students, and I imagine they're very angry because failing half a class shouldn't happen. He initially sent me an "exam viewing policy" email with how we shouldn't ask for more marks, negotiate marks, or ask questions
>>
>>34128528
That's a really shitty feel. I hope you get a different professor and maintain motivation this semester.
>>
>>34128636
It would've been better if he simply said no if he's so annoyed with students asking to view final exams. A different prof actually replied "anon, the exam viewing was on (date)"

I do have a different professor this term. He is teaching 2/4 of the Calculus II courses, but that means there are also 2 other profs I could take.

Asking what's rude about asking what's the point of viewing an exam because of a low mark? That just sounds like a schizoid to me
>>
>>34127847
greentext?
dw
dedede
Ded
ede
>>
What do you guys think when you hear
half of Professor so-and-so's 400 level class is failing"? Bad teacher, poor students, both, or course expectations that are too high for today's busy college student?
>>
>>34128807
I don't want to say it, I didn't do anything "bad" per say

but people on here will shit on me, and I just dont want to deal with that shit right now. I dont want to be kicked while I am down
>>
File: 1457846281392.png (181KB, 359x394px) Image search: [Google]
1457846281392.png
181KB, 359x394px
>doing summer school maths paper right now
>assignments every week
>tests straight after the assignment
>have to do an entire course's work in five weeks and juggle my volunteer obligations
>still no gf to keep me sane or motivated
>>
>>34128821
From being in several of those classes, I'd place the blame 70:30 on the students, 30 on the teacher. Occasionally you do get terrible professors teaching hard classes, or ESL or something similar. But the majority of students don't do the recommended study and so can't complain when they fail out. How many of your class attends 90% of all lectures? Very few. How many follow the "1 hour of study for 1 hours class" rule? Even less.
>>
>>34128797
Yeah, I don't know what it sounds like, but getting upset sounds unreasonable, and not letting people have their own tests is pretty weird.
It's a calculus course? That definitely requires a competent teacher or else a lot of time, dedication, and Khan academy. Retaking it you might find it easier, though; that was my experience. I also got a much better teacher the second time, but I think it was partly just the concept sinking in.
>>
File: 1475898898025.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475898898025.png
293KB, 633x758px
>tfw repeating a class
>tfw exam in 3 hours and 40 minutes
>tfw gonna fail
what's the best way to an hero
>>
>>34128821
I can speak from experience. I've heard stories of other professors failing half of 200 and 300 level classes. I, unfortunately, have also been through two classes last term with historically low midterm averages (50%).

Honestly, it's mostly just the teacher being bad, and course expectations being too high. Unlike the other anon, I believe it's 70% prof's fault and 30% student's fault. Some profs never prepare students for exams by going through meaningless stuff in lectures.

If he was able to have passing classes before, it just means students worked extra harder to try to make up for it. Simply means the professor trying to bullshit through lectures doesn't work anymore. Also course expectations of classes change over time, and the prof might be going through concepts that weren't taught in prerequisite courses.

Those students are in higher level classes for a fucking reason, it's their major. Do you think it is really reasonable to have half of an upper level class fail? They're working to graduate with that major.

Most professors like that do try to improve after the midterm, in fear of evaluations, but it's a shitty situation for both the prof and students. Worse for students because a bad exam mark means you have to withdraw if you don't want an F.
>>
I'm just glad I got past the usual first week of classes where I puke every morning from sheer anxiety.
>>
How pathetic am I, lads?

I attend CSU Northridge, and I absolutely hate it here. It's piss easy, and no one talks to anyone, so I go UCLA during club days, since it's close by, and I pretend that I'm a student there. I've never had so much fun. I've made a ton of friends over there, and a girl started talking to me.

God, it kills me that I'll never be able to attend this beautiful school. At least I can try for grad school.
>>
File: IMG_20170104_130205.jpg (42KB, 499x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_130205.jpg
42KB, 499x470px
Just found out I'm on academic probation so that's fun.
I just changed my major from Communication to English. I've given up at this point since there's nothing I'm good at.
At least I'm going to a state school so my debt won't be TOO bad if I graduate. But I lack the basic motivation to try because of depression. Maybe this semester will be better though.
>>
>>34129084
>thought I'd be put on probation this year
>manage to scrape a few C's because of heavy scaling
sweatingman.jpg
>>
File: distribution.png (12KB, 584x300px)
distribution.png
12KB, 584x300px
>>34128821
in my uni (Northern Europe) a 30% fail rate is to be expected in most courses and 50% is far from absurd for the tough ones
the worst example I heard of was something like 80% fail rate but at that point they scaled it up so almost everyone passed

pic related a particularly difficult course I took last year
>>
>>34129104
Nice work Anon
I'm pretty sure I need all As and Bs this semester to get back to where I was before, last semester I finished my classes with all Ds and one C I think.
I hated all my classes last semester though, not that I don't also blame myself for giving up
>>
Any Wayne State fags here? Don't reply Heba
>>
>>34128918
>not letting people have their own tests is pretty weird.
Well typically you are not allowed to take final exams. At my uni we are usually allowed to keep our midterms, but final exams are only available for viewing in office hours. For some courses, the prof allowed us to take our exams. For other courses (especially sociology and psychology) the exams are only available in office hours because it's simple multiple choice questions.

Yeah I think retaking it and getting better study habits would make it easier. I'm already finding the concepts sink in

With the last prof, he went through so fast in lectures (my hands hurt and my friend always asked me for pics after class). The written assignments also seemed awfully hard. My friend is the type to study silently alone, so it was hard to ask her questions because it would break her concentration and piss her off (she asked me questions though lol). I also knew another person in class but she was barely an acquaintance. The math help room is always too busy and the TAs never help enough.

It was overall just a shitty time with no academic support, no motivation, always eating shitty Panda Express (high fat high carb is never good for studying), and insomnia from drinking too much coffee
>>
>tfw see fellow CS robots in a lot of my classes
I'm taking a lot of math and stat classes so it's actually mostly CS robots. Especially for stats, by the second-level it's either CS robots or econ/business/psyco types

The bad thing is, I shunned some of them off despite them trying to be friends with me last term. Would they hate me for that? I think they're still loners and it would really help if we came together to help each other on 3 courses (CS, math, linear algebra, stats)
>>
>>34128833
spill the beans, people on this board have done much worse things than you can imagine
>>
File: pupper.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pupper.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>34124487
explain how plox
>>
>>34129368
Got it, didn't realize it was a final. Still sounds like an asshole, though. Good to hear things make sense after the fact, I guess. I know it doesn't change grades but it usually makes me feel better if I eventually understand something.
>>
>>34129453
Yeah I'm looking to take an action against that professor. I've contacted the ombudsman first because I'm paranoid. The dean approved his upper level courses despite half of the class failing, so I'm not sure if going to the dean would help. I'm also retaking that course so I wouldn't want the department or other profs to potentially retaliate against me lol

The feeling of understanding something after struggling is so satisfying, I know. Even euphoric.
>>
>>34128965
What class? Better not be a science one
>>
>>34129104
>>34129084
I'm also on academic probation

Yet I failed even more badly last term, failed 2 courses and ended up getting a 1.0 GPA. Lack of motivation, shitty/boring classes, frustrated with girls and volunteering... Just overall ended up getting depressed

I would have to get all As this term to try to make up for it.
>>
>graduated weeks ago
>didn't bang any asian girls in the four years I was at college
>start feeling yellow fever
>just moved to bumfuck, nowhere for the low cost of living

JUST
>>
this week was the first week of the spring semester. felt just like last semester where I'm invisible to all.

women have talked to me in my accounting class though.

could 2017 be the year??????
>>
>>34129687
poor you, college was your last real chance for yellow fever. now you'd have to resort to tinder or get out there
>>
>>34129692
me too

i had good luck with women in the fall term last year, but always ended up alone in the winter term and fall term this year

now this term women are talking to me and I'm getting eyefucked as they walk by

Make sure to get to know one by the first two weeks of the semester, because afterwards they settle for other guys
>>
>>34129692
>>34129727
>managed to get QT gf in freshman year
>still together now as seniors
>but I haven't so much as held a conversation with girls in my classes since
I think I got lucky.
>>
>>34129727

I have talked to one of my chad friends and he has given me a plan to follow.

>chad wants me to get laid
>>
>>34129633
differential equations and fourier series
>>
>>34129926
>bullshit my way through the final on a similar by only answering the first 75% of the paper and ignoring all the series stuff which was the last two major questions
Felt good man
>>
>>34129755
are you a failed chad or something? do you want to cheat on your gf? having loyal girlfriends and friends matter way more than trying to meet new people in your classes

there are plenty of better ways to meet new people anyway.

I still regret not getting an actual gf in freshman year. Two girls literally fought over me. One was a rich, cute but a total fembot, don't think she has much experience with men. One was cute-ugly, but totally experienced with men, had a lot of beta orbiters

Somehow I leaned more towards the second girl because she's more outgoing and talkative.

Ended up being nothing because she's actually quite ugly and the fact that she has a lot of beta orbiters pisses me off. She tried to ask me out for Valentine's but I didn't follow up, I ended up catching her walking really awkwardly with some other guy.

I also changed my major so we naturally drifted away. Same for the other girl. I don't like any of them enough to personally ask out on a date anyway.

I guess this is why I'm still a kissless gfless virgin at 20 LOL
>>
>>34129827
What was the plan like? Help other robots out as well.

>>34129975
I'm assuming it's something like Calculus I if it's differential equations and series. That's easy as fuck, it's actually review if you ever took calculus in high school. My midterm was like that too, but the final fucked me up lol
>>
>>34130000
It's not that at all. I'm more of a failed cyborg than anything, I only really have a gf and one real friend. I meant that if I didn't get a gf I'd probably not have gotten one at all at uni and have graduated a kv.

>>34130024
It was a second year paper just called "Differential Equations".
>>
>>34130058
yeah i'm a failed cyborg as well. never really had many friends during school, got along better with female friends since i was young. that meant i also get along better with potential gfs, but I never want to commit because they're also friends to me.
>>
>>34129975
we get four questions
first one is gonna be a linear differential equation or a separable nonlinear one - got this covered nicely
second is a selected proof from the book - gonna get 0% there
third one is (probably) a series solution along an ordinary point - don't know this too well
fourth one is either a partial differential equation (heat, wave or laplace) or some fourier problem - don't know that at all

so basically I'm fucked

>>34130024
not a burger so not quite sure what calculus 1 is but I think it's more advanced
I already took courses on basic calculus and on multivariable calculus, this course is supposed to be taken after passing both of those
>>
>>34130084
>I already took courses on basic calculus and on multivariable calculus, this course is supposed to be taken after passing both of those
oh really, i see. i think differentials is still pretty easy
>>
>>34130084
Selected proofs always suck since you just have to know all of them. Regular laplace isn't that bad but inverse laplace wasn't worth the effort since I wasn't gonna carry the class to 300. Fourier is pretty manageable though.
>>
>>34129104
I still don't get this thing about scaling. What does it actually do?

If a class is scaled higher, doesn't that mean everyone fails?
>>
>>34130368
I don't know exactly how it works, but if the highest grade in the class is low then everyone else gets dragged up as they "rescale" the grades to the expected result. Sort of. Like your numerical grades doesn't always correspond to the expected letter grade.
>>
>>34130416
It was weird because my grade never got scaled up. Is it because I failed the midterm?
>>
File: 1483895412207.jpg (43KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1483895412207.jpg
43KB, 540x540px
>>34122229
Who /dropped out of high school/ twice here?.
>>
>>34130493
Not all classes get scaled up, and if you're below the average you might not be saved by a scaling.
>>
>>34130521
I noticed because the average got scaled up higher, but my mark never changed. did the prof cuck me or what. this is CS
>>
>>34130493
generally the entire class gets scaled or no one does
the idea is to correct for the professor making way too hard a test
>>
>>34130560
maybe you didn't get enough to pass over a grade boundary?
>>
>have an online course
>have to write an intruductory paragraph about myself in a discussion
>10 points
LADS
>>
>>34130566
Fuck, that must mean I just got cucked.

I should've known by how he was looking specifically at me when he talked about troubling grades with the labs and midterms. I still ended up failing the course lol

>>34130600
I got 33%, the average was 40 or 50 something but scaled to a 80%
>>
>>34130619
You probably cucked his average grade so he cucked you out of the scaling. You're three grade boundaries below a normal pass of 50%, you probably shouldn't have been allowed to pass unfortunately.
>>
>>34127856
Oh shit good luck anon, i fucken hate assembly
>>
>tfw everyone in class is bored and distracted
>I'm the only one who even pretends to pay attention
>prof keeps looking at me giving an insecure smile
>>
>>34130639
>have jap lecturer who's english is very accented
>half the class stops turning up in the second week (to be fair his notes online were very good)
>only person taking regular notes
>always looks at me and seemingly asks directly "Du yu undastandu?" after major points
Nyoro~n
>>
>>34130686
>have English lecturer whose [European language] is very accented
>otherwise speaks mostly flawless [European language] having lived here for 20 years
>one fat unkempt faggot keeps replying to him in English
few things make my blood boil more
>>
>>34130637
Yeah like I said, I ended up failing the course lol. It was a fairly small sized class (75 dropped to a 50 because people dropped out after midterm) for an introductory class
>>
>>34130637
Also I think there was a lot of cheating in the midterm, I kept hearing people talking
>>
>>34130798
Your autismo guy might have thought he was doing the right thing.

>>34130822
So there was lots of cheating but the grades were still bad? Cmon lad step it up.
>>
Any other Berkeley fags here. I need a friend ._.
>>
>>34123571
MOMMY NO

>thought it was rhosgobel rabbits asmr
>>
>>34130870
Yeah we could also bring in a double-sided cheat sheet, it was a Python Algorithms class
>>
>>34130892
It's impressive you didn't manage to do well then
>>
>>34130970
I don't really have programming experience, lmao

He also didn't teach for a while so he thought we knew dictionaries and such from the previous course
>>
I go back tomorrow, can't wait. 3 day weekends of sitting in my own filth and playing video games.

It will be a grand semester
>>
>>34131048
I'm the opposite, I work in my breaks and sit in my own filth playing games after class and on weekends.
>>
ANOTHER FUCKING SEMESTER
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I JUST WANNA WORK AND NOT BE POOR
FUCK THIS DEGREE FUCK YOU HR STACY
"hehe sorry you need duh beee aaee to even apply to this job that a monkey could do hehe"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BUT CAN'T JUST DROP OUT DON'T WANT TO DISHONOR MY FAMIRY AEEALLLLLLLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
YOU NEED A DEGREE SON CAN'T GET A GOOD JERB WITHOUT ONE TRUST ME I'VE BEEN A RETAIL SLAVE ALL MY LIFE DON'T WANNA END UP LIKE ME DO YA SWEETY
ATTENTION CLASS DON'T FORGET TO BUY THE $500 TEXTBOOK THAT WE ONLY USE FOR THE ACCESS CODE
OH HI IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE MISSING ANOTHER CULTURAL DIVERSITY COURSE, PLEASE WITHDRAW $3000 AND ANOTHER HOUR OUT OF YOUR DAY TO LEARN ABOUT HOW WHITE MALES ARE EVIL
I HOPE THAT IDIOT TRUMP GUTS THIS WHOLE SYSTEM TIL IT FUCkING BLEEDS OUT
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOROOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRROOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>34123571
good luck anon

do your best
>>
>>34125582
"I could shit a better kool-aid commercial"
Lol me and my rommaye have this autistic thing we do where we quote the tourettes guy all the time.
>>
>>34127310
either this or wage slaving desu

wait

lol
>>
>>34127310
It's why networking is so important, make some friends m8
>>
>>34129075
do what you have to do anon

are your actions of today in line with your goals of tomorrow

either get some motivation to fulfill your life or continue having the shit feeling that you have in your stomach right now

happiness is hard, which is why you see so many miserable people
>>
>>34129075
Use that motivation to try to transfer to ucla

I have a similar experience. Going to a state uni but it's shitty, and people never talk to each other. Ended up being on academic probation due to lack of motivation and therefore depression

So much that I started wondering if I would've done better going to a bigger better uni. Not sure because I'm still an introvert and right now I'm living with my parents support
>>
>>34131098
jesus christ, are you okay anon?
>>
File: WizardWojak.png (831KB, 1896x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WizardWojak.png
831KB, 1896x2000px
Is yahoo answers and google the best thing ever invented

Online homework classes are EASY
>>
>applied to study a subject at another university
>uni feels cucked but lets me do it anyway
I don't know if this is a good idea or not
>>
>>34131552
>with a bit of messing you can solve your math assignments in wolfram, even in second year
It's comfy
>>
ANY UCHICAGO FAGS HERE
>>
>>34131603
>>34131552
>I want to fail my exams because I didn't get enough practice through the term
kek
>>
Is college actually the best years of your life?
I'm not a fan of it and I'm close to graduating
>>
>>34131836
>needing to practice to pass exams
bigger kek
>>
>>34131837
it is the best for popular normies who love socializing, because they're surrounded by other popular normies who love socializing 24/7, and they have shitloads of free time and lots of boring basic bitch shit to talk about

being a normie in college rules because you can just fluidly amble around crowds full of people identical to you (which you like), bump into them, and instantly feel interesting/special/social with them. you can instantly talk about all the things you have in common in your daily lives, like class schedules and how you're a retard who barely cares about his studies. you probably like all the same media and pop culture garbage, and go to the same events and restaurants and cafes. and you are still young enough that 50% of your time is spent roleplaying that you're an activist who is changing the world by tweeting, so you can mutually agree with your fellow normies about all the latest things to tweet about

being a normie in college is like constantly being hugged, it's one long social hug, it's heaven for them. if heaven exists, for normies it will just be a combination of high school and college, infinite fluid socialising about low-effort, universally shared stuff, with nothing to question the unwarranted self-importance of youth

normies all go insane and their souls all die when they finish college and have to get real jobs. you can only socialise with like 5 people you half-hate, it's non-fluid, and you no longer feel important.

it's like going from being a tiger out in the wild, in your prime, at the peak of your A-game, to being an old shitty tiger in a zoo. it's still kind of the same because you get fed and hang out with other tigers, but you're all old and you have no freedom and the food is shitty, and you kind of wonder why life was so big for a while, only to become so small
>>
Still need to unfuck my sleep schedule for next week
>>
File: nyu.jpg (31KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
nyu.jpg
31KB, 512x512px
my final semester starts the 23rd. im graduating with a useless degree (history) from a decent school (pic related), and i have zero job/internship experience from my time in college because i spent all my time fucking around smoking weed and playing vidya. kinda worried about my future employment prospects.
>>
What's the most robot friendly major?
>>
>>34132429
anything without class participation, presentations and probably mandatory attendance. So certain STEM majors like Stats or Applied Math.
>>
>>34132486
I don't think those can help me pay for my anime merchandise in the end though.
Unless I do things to stand above the others, which, I can't since I'm a robot.
>>
>>34132505
Stats is an excellent major for job prospects though.
>>
>>34122229
Freaking out due to anxiety, how do I stop procrastinating?
>I have exams in less than a month will probably have to learn my subjects from scratch and not sure its even worth trying
>>
>>34132659
You can't, you're destined to fail.
>>
>>34132415
Just go to university

>me age 16 about 2002
>get 10 gcse's grade A-C (britbot)
>what do now? Dunno.
>go to sixth form for 2 years
>get 4 A levels A-C (including general studies lol)
>What do now? Dunno.
>go to university because get nice grants as I have no money and a nice loan because same. Also it's 2005 so no massive fee hike.
>graduate after 3 years with a 2:2 in HISTORY.
>2:2
>HISTORY
>unemployed for around 6 months
>younger brother in college doing science and has part time job
>all of all sudden I apply for random government jobs
>all casually get in on lowest grade on lowest pay as temporary worker
>it sucks at times but I develop my "competencies" and keep applying when promotions come up
>7 years later working full time government job in an area I like and is interesting and am on average UK salary with hopefully another promotion 2017.
It can be done but you have to be prepared to start low. The level of jobs with da gubment I apply for now just specify a degree is required. Any degree. So now I'm glad I did it but when I was on 14k doing 7hr a day filing or photocopying is was like "man this is ballsacks I wish I was at home playing oblivion and farting into my leather chair"
Start low and aim high I suppose.
That was just my story. I don't pretend to be able to give advice.

Oh and btw at uni I never went to a single party or shagged a single female. Even in lectures people wouldn't sit near me and in seminars nobody wanted to be grouped with me. BUT IT WILL BE DIFFERENT FROM HIGH SCHOOL NO? Really no. 3 years of studying and getting wrecked all night on cider playing old RTS games. And 4chan.
>>
>>34132732

>It can be done but you have to be prepared to start low

i'm totally fine with this, and i've actually had a number of professors and peers recommend that i pursue employment with the government. i'm not sure yet whether i really want to do so, but it might ultimately end up being what i do
>>
>>34132732

>and btw at uni I never went to a single party or shagged a single female. Even in lectures people wouldn't sit near me and in seminars nobody wanted to be grouped with me.

oh and i can totally relate to most of this. i went to a few parties during my first 2 years of college, but only because my roommates dragged me there and i wanted to score drugs, and i never banged a chick and HIGHLY doubt i will during my last semester
>>
>>34129401
I don't know how it went down but if i fits you then you should say something like "sorry i was kind of a dick blah blah, i was in a bad place blah blah" people respect that and will see you in a very positive light if you pull i off.
>>
>tfw got dragged into a frat party with a bunch of chads after they saw me tripping balls on acid
>tfw they were actually decent guys from what i remember
>tfw the party was the most degenerate thing my pure eyes have ever laid eyes on
I mean I'm not exactly a stickler on the whole pol degeneracy meme, but jesus dudes. Zero decency at all, I just kept thinking these were people's daughters kek

Also it was loud and too claustrophobic so i left after a few minutes (probably longer because sense of time is fucked)

That's as Chad as ive ever been and i didnt like it. At least I know what goes on in those parties now
>>
>>34132899

>Also it was loud and too claustrophobic so i left after a few minutes

this is my major issue with normalfag/chad parties, i honestly get a headache after a few minutes because there's just too much random screaming, shouting, and music, plus too many people in a confined space for me to be anywhere near comfortable
>>
>>34132926
I'm really introverted and didnt know what to do at all. Even on drugs Im not one to scream, yell, and jump around like normies do sober
>>
Pros:
* I'm studying physics
* My uni is internationally prestigious
Cons:
* I'm due to graduate at 26
* I probably have ADD and can't study for shit so I might not even graduate
* No work experience

I just want to quit
>>
>>34129441
I don't know that's the thing. I used to talk to her because she'd sit next to me in a class (because the seats around me are always empty), then one day I sat next to her in the uni cafeteria because I didn't make any friends and it didn't seem to awkward since we had talked before. She's been clinging to me ever since.

The rest came naturally
>>
>>34132486
I have done a ton of Accounting, Finance and Econ units for half my combined degree

>2 multiple choice exams and 1 final
>no presentations
>no mandatory attendance or participation
>analytical so no stacies

pretty robot approved, ton of Chads though
>>
>>34133134
literally sunk costs fallacy
>>
>>34131931
>and you kind of wonder why life was so big for a while, only to become so small
you don't have to be a normie to know that feel ;_;
>>
>>34125072
Which uni?
origerooororoo
>>
one more week of exams and I'll put and end to this semester
>>
File: 1476384950954.jpg (73KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1476384950954.jpg
73KB, 658x662px
>>34122229
>Your nominated referee has told us that they are unable to provide predicted grades to support your application. If you wish to supply predicted grades from somebody else, you will need to contact the universities to which you are applying to discuss this with them.
Should I be worried lads?
>>
>>34135110
>predicted grades
Is this an american thing? Why don't you apply with your actual results
>>
>>34132691
Exactly what I was thinking about myself
>>
File: 1360367622418.jpg (53KB, 625x548px) Image search: [Google]
1360367622418.jpg
53KB, 625x548px
>boomers tell you to go to college so you don't end up flipping burgers
>you go to college, get a degree, but there are no jobs for you
>boomers call you entitled and/or failures for refusing to flip burgers
>boomers never went to college themselves, they worked their way up and started by flipping burgers
>if they did go to college they could pay for it with a part-time job flipping burgers.

Why do you keep falling for the college meme? The 1990s is probably the last time this meme was still a viable plan, but you keep falling for it.
>>
>>34135191
It's a British thing, you apply before your results are in, so what usually happens is they look at your predicted grades and say "if you meet your predicted grades, we'll give you a place"
>>
>>34135282
t. NEETpro who browses /pol/
>>
>>34135292
So people who do badly at the point where predicted grades are decided have no chance to get in, even if they massively improve?
>>
>>34135302
I'm a web developer who got my job because I enjoy programming as a hobby, and get paid more than anyone I know who went to college.

The only reason I didn't do it sooner is because I believed the memes and thought you needed a degree to get a decent job. Turns out you don't.
>>
>>34135324
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NuFVQk_CCs

blox
>>
Wrote the first basic chem. exam yesterday. I think it went rather well, there were some questions probably noone expected, but all in all it was rather easy.
Basic stuff like kinetics, thermodynamics, equilibrium and bonding theory.
I'm satisfied and take the day off for 4chan and vidya. Then i have to start studying for the next math exam.
>>
>>34135569
have basic chem on wedmesday and can't do any formulas and chemical nomenclature. Have to study but I don't know where to even begin
>>
I dropped out of Uni when I was about 23, it's what began my descent into neetdom. I'm 29 now.
>>
>>34122229
I had an interview with the most exclusive business organization on my campus today and I'm really hopeful that I'll get in because I've been rejected from a lot of clubs recently :(
>>
>>34136013
Can't you get your hands on some older exams? They are a good way to start and check what subjects you have problems with.
Alternatively, just read the script from start to end and mark the things you have no clue about.

Many formulas and structures you can just derivate. Other stuff you just have to know, like CrO5.
>>
Does anyone know any good resources to learn linear algebra? The course materials are unclear and I have an exam soon.
>>
Ive got my analysis exam in 5 days and i only went to the first 6 lectures or so. If i fail i have to drop out completely and i fully expect to fail.
I dont drink usually but what are some good spirits i can get fucked on when i do? Cost isnt an issue as long as its nice.
>>
File: 1405088582363.jpg (276KB, 1400x988px) Image search: [Google]
1405088582363.jpg
276KB, 1400x988px
>>34136554
Will you be drinking straight or mixed drinks? Regardless I suggest a decent whiskey, you don't need to break the bank and you candrink it straight, with water or sodawater or even in a classy mixed drink like an old fashion or a whiskey sours.
>pic related
>>
>1st semester
>easy af
>banged a qt

still want to kill myself tho
>>
File: 1475230479331.jpg (56KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475230479331.jpg
56KB, 333x500px
>sent my application to Uni
>already in panic mode, thinking whether or not my personal statement will have some coincidental similarities to some other shitty statement
How do I calm down, boys? Is it normal to have this kind of stress after simply sending my fucking application?
>>
>>34137117
Stop being a pussy and play vidya
>>
File: 1474743160036.png (371KB, 832x868px) Image search: [Google]
1474743160036.png
371KB, 832x868px
>>34137200
I tried, it didn't work.
>>
sharing flat with 2 girls, we share kitchen and bathroom, i hate interacting with them so much, i just want to be left alone.
waiting till july to get my own apartment, trying not to kill myself before then
>>
>>34132659
resit?
>>
>>34135323
can confirm
predicted ABC, worked my ass off to persuade them to predict AAB, ended up with A*A*A*
if you get shit predicted grades you are FUCKED hahahahahahah
>>
>>34137222
You may be autistic, just accept fate
>>
File: 1469903879332.jpg (12KB, 281x281px)
1469903879332.jpg
12KB, 281x281px
>>34137410
I tried it too, no results, chief.
>>
>>34137438
Well since you seem to be a weeb, watch anime and recede into anime land
>>
>>34130614
When I have to do those I list the most generic and broad things about me, pretty much everything short of "I'm a human being"
>>
File: 1479996453533.png (24KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
1479996453533.png
24KB, 489x423px
>>34122229
>majoring in CS
>have to study one more semester because of fucking area course "Inorganic chemistry" and statistics
>mfw I destroyed my every project and pass every CS course but failed on chemisrty and shitty math
>mfw my father will fuck me in the ass when he learns it
Why do we have to take area and free courses, I hate meme courses and shitty science courses.
>>
I'm falling apart guys.
I have had break for 4 weeks to write two essays of 4k each.
They're due on the 16th of January and I started writing on the 2nd.
I finished one of them, but the other one has only 500 words.
The library is closed and online sources suck. My topic is too specific to find proper literature on so I'm basically fucked.
I am wasting my dad's money here as well.
I was just too depressed to even start working, until I had a post-christmas high from all the food, drinks, and drugs I had done with friends.
This is the only assessment of the course, which is 10% of my overal lgrade.
What do I do? Do I hand in anything at all? Do I mail my professor? I do not want an extention, I just want it to be over with.
>>
>>34137718
>10% of my overall grade
focus on the 90% instead
>>
>>34137718
What is your major? Writing essay is easy as fuck, even you blabber with using logic and give false sources they accept and you can get B- minimum.
>>
>>34131836
if your school is a meme they dont make you take online exams at a controlled testing center
>>
>>34132890
>I don't know how it went down
It was just like
>oh sorry someone else is sitting here (my other friend)
>>
>>34133552
Yeah I believe you, sometimes it's easy as just making the first move and talking to the girl

If you wanna make a gf in class, sometimes you just need to find out how to sit next to them
>>
>5th year
>Have to finish off with two part time semesters because pre reqs are fucking me.
>One class is with an instructor who doesn't lecture or post shit online, he only does homework review and it's one of the hardest classes in the program regardless.
>Made maybe one friend.
>>
>>34122229

>"I'm gonna go to every lecture, do homework, maybe make friends and perhaps not be a total failure!"
>5 days in my suicidal depression that was suppressed for almost a week by euphoria comes back

I have barely left my room since then. My parents don't know. Help.
>>
Winter terms seem so much chiller because first years finally know their way around campus and are not crowding up libraries and such
>>
Last term was the worst, I've had two courses where the midterm average was 50% and a third of the class dropped out
>>
Are online classes a meme?

I might be forced to do some
>>
>>34122989
>Anorganic?
you mean Inorganic
>>
>>34131166
>Just make some friends man! Beeee yourself :^)
>>
File: 847637652669723944.png (316KB, 800x753px) Image search: [Google]
847637652669723944.png
316KB, 800x753px
Found out I made the Dean's list last semester. Of course, I am an English major, so it's not like it's some great feat. I'm not particularly bright, but I don't get how people fuck up English classes.
>>
>>34139385
do you want to be a highschool teacher?
>>
>>34138862
yeah sometimes you just need to talk to her
and be yourself
and let it come naturally

funny isn't it. not all contrarians are cassandras
>>
>>34139545
Not particularly, but I'm not entirely averse to the idea. It's like my plan D, if my other 3 career choices don't pan out.
>>
>>34139608
that's exactly what they all say at first
ayway good luck
>>
>>34133576
do you even know what the means
>>
>>34139720
that*

whoops
>>
>>34139657
Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. The teaching profession isn't doing too well in my state and it's only gonna get worse in the coming years.
>>
File: 1454209648257.png (56KB, 904x692px) Image search: [Google]
1454209648257.png
56KB, 904x692px
>>34124142
PRAISE KEK I passed one of the exams I thought I'd fail. He heard my prayers and blessed me with a good grade THANKS ALMIGHTY KEK
>>
>>34139571
I've had success with it too, but I usually opted for the "easy" looking girls
>>
>>34131931
>being a normie in college is like constantly being hugged, it's one long social hug, it's heaven for them. if heaven exists, for normies it will just be a combination of high school and college, infinite fluid socialising about low-effort, universally shared stuff, with nothing to question the unwarranted self-importance of youth

goddamn if that aint the best description i've seen of college life for well-adjusted people
>>
File: hummajor.jpg (413KB, 787x791px) Image search: [Google]
hummajor.jpg
413KB, 787x791px
>>34139385
i know that feel anon. everyone around me on the social media groups and shit is laughing about how their GPAs are fucked and i'm just like
>pic related
>>
>>34140919
it's sad.... I know it because
>>
Freshman here. Absolute hell. I don't like anyone and no one likes me.
>>
how to study for biology?

t.semi-brainlet but have pretty good dedication
>>
I missed Friday classes due to illness. Now I can't enjoy my weekend because I know I'm fucked come Tuesday.
>>
>>34141577
That's college for us m8.
>>
>it's a don't study at all episode

so so fucked for exams
>>
>>34141862
Highschool was better, shit was comfier back them.
>>
Just got a hold placed on my account days before the semester because I accidentally fucked up a single line on my FAFSA. So now I have to prove the school I didn't work in 2015 I'm shit out of luck and won't be able to go back. Grades are good but I'm a poorfag and wouldn't be able to pay tuition even with my scholarship.
>>
>>34143858
that sucks balls anon, I am in a similar situation

can you go to a community college this semester and just transfer back the next?
>>
>studies going very good
>actually socializing and think I'm making some friends
>time goes by and I notice them doing things without me
>I get invited places less and less
>only ever see them at lectures anymore
>grades have gone to shit
>about to be kicked out
It's all gone to shit, the only reason I was motivated to study was because I thought I had friends. The moment I realized I didn't I lost all motivation to do anything at all.
>>
>>34143921
I'm not even sure if I can do it all in the time I have. All this beaucratic bullshit makes everything take a week and a half.
>>
>>34143223
I think you might be in the wrong program or major then. You're supposed to find better relatable people in uni
>>
Started back this week, doesn't seem too bad even though my schedule is kind of busy and I'm taking three upper level chemistry classes
>>
>>34128123
>has the ability to use logic to write programs
>struggles with the math part
???
>>
>>34130614
Write this.
>Hi my name is anon. I don't feel comfortable sharing personal things about myself. That is all you need to know.
>>
I thought I was finally making some friends this year but I think I'm fucking it up. Now I remember why I spent so long isolating myself.
>>
>>34130639
Fuck this is mean. Have Eastern European math professor. He is very boring, but I'm here to learn and the subject interests me. I feel like I'm the only person who looks at him, because everytime he asks a rhetorical question, he looks at me and I nod in assent. Or when he delivers a major point he looks at me.
>>
>>34137632
>Shitty science courses
Funny how those shitty science subjects are the fields hiring computer programmers...
>>
>>34145899
I hate when this happens to me. I sit in the front and I'm silent in my classes and I always feel like I could help make the class a bit more engaging for the professor if I would just speak a little now and then, but I'm too much of an autist to open my mouth. I usually just nod slightly and write something down in my notebook when they do that.
>>
>>34146502
>>34145899
>the only person who gives actual meaningful answers in English class
>the prof keeps asking me back if what she said is representative of my statement
wew she's really bored
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.