[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self learn code: Road to wagecuck

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: smugintheoutdeadinthein.png (327KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
smugintheoutdeadinthein.png
327KB, 680x510px
I know a lot of us play with this idea from time to time and never follow- but this time i'm committed.
I'm done being a neet, i want to move out, i want to be free, i want to be able to afford to take part in the great waifu era.

But i'm not going to fucking college, i know myself and i know i would become an hero on day 2.

Anyone here manged to do it? any collegecucks that can give advice?

What coding languages and fields or whatever should i learn?
Requirements:
>can self learn in a few months
>doesn't update much so i wont have to go back to learning all the time
>a lot of jobs on the market it will be hard getting hired as an autisimo with no degree
>good pay
>comfy work at my own pace with no one micromanaging me, best if i can work from home a lot /// being the guy every company needs on full time standby but he never does shit and just browses r9k all day.
>not too much socializing

I'm been looking around at job offers and i'm seeing a ton of jobs for a PHP- is this something good?
And it will be nice if you can point us in the right direction 2, i'm looking at 10 tabs of "Learn to code" and no idea where to start.

Fellow neet robots, join me on this glorious journey of becoming a wagecuck.

Wagecucks, guide us and carry our stuff.

REEEEEE
>>
>>34121073
Depending on your country the field might be filled with people who know the 1-3 languages
you missed the train CJ
>>
If you don't want to go to college (can't blame you, not for everyone) trade school is always an option. I don't know about other places but in America jobs relating to trades are like an untapped oilfield.

Unless if you're one of those "lel fug that that's for dummies :DDD" then I hope you enjoy McDonalds.
>>
Software development is a volatile industry, it requires a lot of creativity rather than a constant workflow. If you're into computers I'd recommend getting into sys-admin work. I'm studying in college right now and it's just remembering a lot of acronyms and services. Soon I'll be able to babysit a server on 30k+ per year until I die.
>>
>>34121170
I considered it, but i want to be comfy, i'm not looking for physical work.
Not to mention all the macho "taught guys" in the field that i will never get along with.
>>
File: IMG_0661.jpg (28KB, 320x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0661.jpg
28KB, 320x274px
>>34121073
If you really don't want college then phprerence dot com or whatever it is called. Get one of the books with an animal, I highly recommend visiting /g/ for webdev threads, I'm pretty sure there's a link there to the wiki page.
If you still can't HTML and CSS then I recommend starting there(if you really can learn fast then these two will take you 2 weeks at max), then moving on to php.
If you are going well in php start looking into java for a wider reach and networking for basic stuff in internet security.
>>
lol'd @ php. If you want to work with an awful codebase 99% of the time, be sure to take this job. I'm about 99% certain facebook is the only company that has done php right.

You are an asset as a developer if you know how to code, not just know a language. Languages are tools, the concept of Turing completeness means any language can describe any algorithm, but implementations at the binary level are different (i.e compiled C vs JVM overhead).

https://github.com/open-source-society/computer-science

Be a man and learn by yourself. If you can't handle formal comp sci, then just learn how to be a sysadmin. You hardly have to code and you just look at some servers for the rest of your life for low pay and complains from molly in accounting that her desktop cannot open "the chrome".
>>
>>34121448
Actually sysadmin is a pretty comfy job, i was in the bussines for 2 years and earned ~1.2k in USD per month by basically doing nothing but reading logs and reporting to my boss about it every week.
>>
Honestly full stack web is easy and pretty good salary.
>>
>>34121448
Thank you, this link is looking pretty good.
If i complete all the courses, on what level will it put me?
>>
>>34121735
How does become a sysadmin to help Molly in accounting? Do you need a degree or certificates or something?
>>
Learn COBOL and make 6 figures because nobody else knows it and it's used everywhere.
>>
>>34121995
Slightly under an undergrad level. Do remember that MOOCs are not the best alternative for an actual classroom. The thing is, you don't have to complete all of them. I'm studying computer sec in uni and already work in the industry, thus, the courses on AI and say, compiler construction aren't that useful to me. Once you pass the first courses up until and including OOP, Functional programming and algorithms, you can freestyle more because you will have a better idea of what to deal with.

>>34121735
I never implied it wasn't comfy, but sysadmins sometimes do have to deal with annoyances as they are the "IT guys".

>>34121971
Kind of. Plugging and playing frameworks is easy if you just make small websites, but building secure e-commerce stuff gets more complex.
>>
What do I learn if I'm a NEET who wants to learn how to code mobile apps/programs?

Should I just start with HTML / CSS like the other guy said or what
>>
>>34122130
HTML isn't a programming language and if you're going to be doing mobile, unless you want to use the laggy and shitty HTML5 bridges, you have to learn ObjC/Swift/Java.
>>
>>34122174
OBJC is a meme. Pls no. C++ works for iOS development.

>>34122130
Learn to code properly first, using the github link, then pick what you want after. What matters most is ability to code, not just knowing a specific language
>>
>>34122032
Depends on the employer, but you can get hired without any papers if you seem to know your things, but i believe there are certificates for IT only, maybe cisco has some of that or idk, i finished in a secondary school where I live.

>>34122093
Of course it is annoying but compared to that in 60% of my time i was here shitposting it was worth it.
>>
>>34122237
>Learn to code properly first
Ok in what language
>>
>>34122305
not him, but c, c++ or java
my personal recommendation is c++
>>
>>34122360
i'm self taught programmer but i'm not good enough for a job i don't think. i've only been doing it for about two months now. the main thing is just write code you'll get better.
>>
>>34122305
Hello. I recommend python for understanding the basics of coding without having to think too much about memory allocation. Then when you become a man, you can ditch that meme language and learn C from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language

Then learn abstractions (functional and object oriented design patterns), data structures and algorithms, then from there pick whatever you want.
>>
C++ is vomit, don't even try to start with it. Just learn Java or C#, you can get a job straight away and it's fairly easy to learn anyway.
>>
>>34122489
I am: >>34121448

I Agree with him. C++ is a garbage mess with templates and retarded abstractions that have promoted over the years bad design patterns and unnecessary abstractions. If you want systems level programming, go with C. If you want other stuff, start with Java/C#, but imo, after something easier to understand like python
>>
>>34122418
I'm planning to do it like this too.
Still busy with PHP and all the related shit you need to know, HTML, CSS, MySQL and the like.

You don't have to tell me how shit PHP is, I know, but at the moment I just need to get a foot in the the whole software development world so I can grow further, PHP is still used a whole lot and there's a shortage of programmers anyway.

Planning to dive into C, am also interested in programming microcontrollers.
>>
I'm a comp sci student, I learned how to code on my own with some help from high school classes. those helped the most actually, bc they inspired me to make some projects which I learned the most from
>>
File: 50.jpg (44KB, 222x305px) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
44KB, 222x305px
>wage slaved for a decade
>saved up enough for downpayment on house
>basement is separate suite
>rent it out to couple of friends
>they pay my mortgage and bills
>on long term disability now from work insurance
>no expenses, no need to work, fat check coming in the mail soon
>4 pm right now, lying in bed with tablet and laptop
how'd i do brobots
>>
>>34121170
I'm open to trade but I graduated a year ago and at least wanted to try finding a job relating to by math degree (couldn't care less for math).

No money either.
>>
>>34121448
>https://github.com/open-source-society/computer-science
Should i dive right into this with 0 knowledge?
Will this teach me everything from scratch or do i need to know the basics and some coding language be4hand?
>>
Do web programming or basic management Java/C# development.

Web programming is shit, if you graduate CS/CE you wouldn't do it. You can learn the basic stuff easily and be proficient like most people without going to school.

Java and C# (pick one, you don't need both) to develop basic stuff is harder than web programming, but it's less shit. Do it if you are disgusted by web programming.

Another option is database management. It's basically self contained, you can follow a MOOC and get a decent knowledge to get a job.
Kinda sucks because it's basically web development. I don't know if you get a job as a pure database manager if you can't do basic web programming.

>>34122237
>Learn to code properly first, using the github link, then pick what you want after.
If he already choose a path (eg. mobile apps) he shouldn't waste his time to do it properly. Pick java (android) or swift (ios), start with some basic pc development and then switch to mobile.
If you want to learn a programming language in order to get a job, don't waste your time. Learning X in order to learn Y is bullshit.
>>
>>34121073
Why would anyone hire you when there are people with degrees competing for the same job?
>>
File: 1475899366361.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1475899366361.png
98KB, 612x491px
>know how to program in a few different languages
>can learn new ones or new concepts pretty easily at this point
>too autistic to know how to get a job

I could probably be really efficient and a good worker for whatever company. But I wouldn't even know how to catch the fucking bus to get to work.

Who here /has a marketable skill set but no life skills/?
>>
>>34121170
why school? just go be an apprentice
>>
>>34121448
do i have to learn all of it? it's a ton of material.
what can i do as a minimum to be hire-able?
>>
File: 6593430.png (128KB, 579x523px) Image search: [Google]
6593430.png
128KB, 579x523px
>>34121073
gl freindo
don't give up when dat depression hits again
>>
>>34124284
up until and including algorithms if you want to be good.

>>34122743
Because otherwise he will just be another pajeet code bonobo. I'm trying to help this anon to have the possibility of growth within his career.
>>
>>34122237
>What matters most is ability to code, not just knowing a specific language

I've been wondering about this. If a person lacks imagination but can mimick stuff well, would they do alright at coding?
>>
>>34121073
Strt with tutorialspoint and then try to train yourself to work with stuff like OpenGL and OpenCV. Writing an app that involves computer vision or 3D graphics will stand out on a resume and get you a job.
>>
>>34124744
Yes but you will always be a code monkey. So "alright" is accurate.

That said, people underestimate themselves all the time. You could be good. "Ability" is learned, not innate for 99% of coders and not every coder that started at 10 y/o is good. Some still write shit code.
>>
>>34124646
>Because otherwise he will just be another pajeet code bonobo.
he want a career. if you want to study cs related stuff, you go /uni/ or you follow the same courses by yourself.
if you want a career asap, you wanna skip everything that it's not essential.
>>
>>34123172
>>34123374
How does one prove he can do shit without a degree? Do they let you take a test in the job interview?
>>
Learn Javascript and get into web development first... The only companies that will hire a developer without a degree will companies that offer web development jobs. This is from experience. Its also has the lowest barrier to entry than other dev jobs.

I am 19, and applied for a couple of jobs in my area by submitting my CV with a couple of side projects (very important to establish experience since you lack the degree) and have gotten calls from people and have attended 2 interviews, the reason I wasn't hired was because I am a sperg and need a bit more work on things but what I am trying to prove is that you can actually be considered without a degree if you're good enough,
>>
>>34125337
Showcase really cool side projects on your resume. All you need to put in is your time. A lot of recruiters prefer someone who has demonstrable skill to someone with a degree.
>>
If you're starting from scratch, learn design patterns aswell. A lot of 'self-learned' coders write godawful code full of nonsensical babble. Design patterns may be only address shortcomings of a language, but it's the thinking and designing of it that makes it valuable to learn.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.