[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I ever get married I'm going to have my wife sign a legal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1529.jpg (308KB, 900x1156px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1529.jpg
308KB, 900x1156px
If I ever get married I'm going to have my wife sign a legal document saying if she ever divorces me she forgoes all rights to alimony. And that if she divorces me with children she forgoes all rights of alimony and will only be allowed custody when she has a paying job.
Will this work or will a some Jew be able to make those legal documents null?
>>
>>34116652
It won't work because you'll never get married.
>>
>>34116665
It's a long shot. But if it ever happens I want this safety net when an inevitable divorce happens. I don't want to be emotionally devastated and financially drained even though my wife has a job that pays enough to support herself.
>>
>>34116652
>Will this work?
no
>Will some Jew be able to make those legal documents null?
yes

Exactly that has happened few months back in NY if Im not mistaken, city, not state.
>>
>>34116701
How about if I never get legally married? If we are in an extended relationship almost as if we are married but nothing that says we are legally married. Could she claim alimony if we separated in that case?
>>
>>34116733
I really wouldn't know, but if I had to guess Id say well made prenup agreement is safer than not marrying legally at all. But you should know that prenups more often don't hold up than they do if it ever comes to court. Your safest bet would be good lawyer team to make bulletproof agreement, but then again I don't know if woman would want marry man who is doing so much work to make sure he can walk away that easy.
>>
What if you divorce her?
>>
>>34116828
I think I'm going to do some research on how alimony came into existence. Because if I can understand the creation of a law the new surely I can figure out a way around it.
>>
>>34116733
Here in canada its called common law spouse, marriage laws apply to long term relationships
>>
If you really stare at him, James Dean was kind of weird looking
>>
>>34116838
I think it's still the same. I'm not sure but I think alimony is a law because "women aren't breadwinners" so they need a form of income.
>>
>>34116652
Prenuptial agreements like these can still be dismantled in court, even if she willingly signs it. All a judge has to say is 'this agreement is too harsh' and your prenup is gone.
>>
>>34116652

>Getting married
>Ever
>Under any circumstances

Why would you do this, anon?
>>
>>34116896
Because I read Victorian and Romantic era novels and have an outdated idea/ideal of love and companionship.
>>
>>34116652
Either she'll refuse and break up with you or accept and have her lawyer do his thing.
Prenups have been thrown out the window thanks to white knight judges before, and this is no different.
>>
>>34116929
Time to get with the times then, old timer.
>>
>>34116652
it may work in regards to her alimony but a court will rule what is best for the kids. You or she can't sign away the rights the kids have. o while you may be able to get out of paying HER, child support and custody will be determined in the best interest of the kids.

sincerely,
lawyer
>>
>>34116929

That's sweet. But you're not doing yourself any favors, anon. Not to be cliche, but marriage is such an outdated institution, and there's literally nothing in it for a man (other than potentially sharing health insurance benefits). I'll never understand why people need a legal doctrine to state that they are an exclusive couple.
>>
>>34116896
Some of the reasons why people who think like you and me end up married are
>pressure from society
>pressure from partner
>pressure from parents
and so on

You notice these things especially in poorer countries where divorce rates are still fairly low because in old system women generally once married, couldn't sustain themselves so they were "stuck" together.

In any ex yugoslavia country people will look at you differently if you are older than 35 and not married yet. They will think something is wrong with you, otherwise you'd find someone.

Im in tricky situation myself
>27 yo
>stable job
>own apartment and car
>in relationship for 2 years
>she is 25
>also has good job
>live together for half year

Parents keep asking when im going to propose and I can see gf and her parents are expecting it soon.

How i ended up here you may ask? I thought /r9k was /b with less cancer cuz robot...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.