[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here has too much empathy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: spltoon 2.png (264KB, 348x491px) Image search: [Google]
spltoon 2.png
264KB, 348x491px
>watch Nintendo Switch presentation stream
>understand that real-time translating can be hard so did not care that translators paused a lot and spoke monotone
>go on forums to discuss presentation
>a lot of people are trashtalking the translators and talking about how cringe it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8X3o4aqKXQ
>>
File: 1482904925143.png (69KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
1482904925143.png
69KB, 366x401px
>>34106004
He did really good, don't care about him being monotone, he delivered a clear message. People shitting on him don't even imagine how it is to translate stuff real-time.
>>
File: 147376437816.jpg (374KB, 933x933px) Image search: [Google]
147376437816.jpg
374KB, 933x933px
>>34106004
He did good. A few stumbles but translating in real time must be tough as hell, especially Japanese.
>>
File: 1483918027574.jpg (542KB, 800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1483918027574.jpg
542KB, 800x1205px
>watch switch presentation
>/v/ shitting on it hardcore
>I think it looks pretty fun, especially the new mario game
>>
>>34106464
Don't listen too much to /v/
They shit on almost everything nonstop
>>
>>34106004
>who here has too much empathy?
I feel the same bro. I always try to look at things from others point of views and empathize with their situations. I feel like it makes me weak.
>>
>>34106464

>/v/ doesn't like that Zelda is going to have voice overs
>/v/ going to lose it's shit when Link actually gets some lines and speaks
>>
>>34106464
Golden rule
>always do the opposite of what /v/ says
If they're shitting on it it's going to be a great console. I'm excited desu senpai
>>
>>34106935
I haven't watched the presentation but the commonly stated points against the Switch seem perfectly valid and are stopping me from getting hyped at all.
>>
>>34107037

-$299.99
-Online Service isn't free
-No Region Lock
-Zelda as a launch title
-2-6 hour battery power depending on game
-controllers are small
-screen is smaller than an Ipad
-most of the big titles won't be out until summer and holiday season
>>
>>34106464
>/v/ is reddit teir
like worst than r9k
/v/ draw threads are ok...
>>
>>34107037

>controllers super expensive
>console super expensive for something that's weaker than the PS4 and can't play DVDs/CDs
>online isn't free
>>
>>34107355
>can't play DVDs/CDs
>current year
everything online now
>>
The guy translating suda 51s bit was having a hard time because he didnt have a script. The other guy just had a script and probably doesnt even speak japanese. Thats why he was stuttering while the other guy sounded great
>>
>$300 for a tablet with those godawful "controllers", maybe 3-6 hours of battery life that plays like 10 games with last-gen graphics, charges you for online play, LOANS you NES and SNES games (that you can play in your internet browser for free) for a month to "compensate", charges $70 for an actual controller (sold separately), $60 games, and $90 for an HDMI port

I think the new Mario looks fun and Zelda looks okay but come on guys, you have to stop supporting them. Nintendo needs to get their heads out of their asses and stop doing this shit. If it were any other company they would be long dead by now.
>>
>>34108573
>wanting Nintendo to be more like other companies
and now we have to pay for online...
>>
>>34108621
I don't want them to be like the other companies. They're becoming more and more like Sony and Microsoft, which is exactly the problem. Yes, they're making gimmicky bullshit to "break the norm" but they're milking the money out of everything just like they are, and not even giving a good reason to do it. If they made a quality product I'd be fine with it but it's trash relative to anything else on the market
>>
honestly i think it's going to be amazing.

funny how most of those complaining about paid online played WoW in the past.
>>
>>34108253
Someone said it was because Suda 51 talks with a lot of "ums" and slang so the translator was having a hard time keeping up
>>
They're triggered and cringing because he sounds like a robot, not because his translation is bad. We don't care because we're robots too.
>>
>>34107101
>>34107355
These things are only a problem if your parents buy your vidya still, if you have your own job it's no real issue
>>
so the question is?
is r9k getting ome?
>>
>>34107101
>no region lock

Fucking sold. Finally, nintendo.
>>
Nah. I took an empathy quotient score. I scored 6 out of a possible 80.
>>
nintendo is cringe af and lame

sony is where it's at right now
>>
Empathy is weak.

Compassion is what you want.
>>
>>34106004
Live translating is really fucking hard. Even UN translators screw up from time to time, and their entrance requirements are insane. Guy did a decent job.
>>
>>34106004
My friend who was in French immersion with me wants to be a translator. I feel bad for him because we were both shit at French and spent most classes hardly working.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.