[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here /antidepressant/? ive been in prozac, effexor, cymbalta

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: antidepressants.jpg (307KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
antidepressants.jpg
307KB, 2000x1000px
who here /antidepressant/?
ive been in prozac, effexor, cymbalta and currently zoloft. havent seen any improvement at all so far
>>
>>34101787
That's because it's a fucking meme.

Unless you solve the root cause of your depression, you'll never be cured.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 550x403px)
image.jpg
86KB, 550x403px
Do not take prescription drugs. It is a way for the higher ups to control our lives.
>>
>>34101787
the only thing they did for me was somehow ease my mind a bit and take away the anxiety. the part of getting your depression away has to be done by yourself if it roots from your personality or surpressed issues
>>
stimulants are the best anti-depressants tbqh
>>
>>34101787
It can take a while to find the right medication(s) that help. Hang in there.
>>
I know some may call me anti science about this or some other bullshit, but you have to be REALLY careful with things like anti depressants. I had a buddy back in 10th grade go on them and the guy was practically a zombie most of the time. Just spaced out a lot and kept on falling asleep as well as other things. I'm not saying don't go on them if it's that bad, but do be careful with them.
>>
I'm on 20mg Olanzapine and 250mg venlafaxine. It is terrible.

It makes me sleep 12-14 hours.
It makes me feel 'flat' in terms of mood.
It makes my dick not work.
It makes me feel nauseous.
Amongst other things.
>>
>>34102001
I have most of those symptoms (except nausea) from Olanzapine. im on 25 mg. venlafazine did use to make me very nauseous. why are you on Olanzapine?
>>
>>34102044
I have schizophrenia.
>>
>>34101787
I started taking Fluoxetine recently and my suicidal thoughts (which I used to have throughout the day) are gone. It's like magic.
>>
>40 MG of paxil

If you forget to take it or run out for a couple of days withdrawal will hit you like a bus.
>50mg Trazodone

Helps me sleep my life away :)
>>
>>34102089
ah same here brother. i took geodon first but it was a nightmare.
muscular stiffness
tremors
couldnt stay in a position for more than 5 seconds because of restlesness
>>
>>34101787
Effexor is like mild ritalin with antianxiety effect. Maybe youre just bipolar
>>34101921
Effexor's a kind of stimulant
>>
>>34102160
It sucks, doesn't it? I was initially on risperidone, which made it so I couldn't sleep, so they gave me zopiclone to counter it. Trouble is, zopiclone can make you black out and forget the whole day. I spent a good two months with no memory. Worst time of my life.
>>
>>34102143
Just started Trazodone last week at 50mg. Works like a dream
>>
>>34102252
daaamn zoplicone sounds scary as fuck
>>
File: 1483994438943.jpg (50KB, 406x451px) Image search: [Google]
1483994438943.jpg
50KB, 406x451px
I took Zoloft for the past 6 months and its probably the best antidepressant I've tried. I'm in the process of quitting it right now though, since I don't like the sexual side effects and it makes me tired. It helps A LOT with anxiety but it also kinda turns you into a zombie and makes you numb.

I've found some other ways to combat anxiety, like working out regularly (boosts confidence), meditation/breathing exercises, l-theanine, etc. I took my last dose of zoloft a few days ago after weening off of it for a few weeks.

Wish me luck, robot brethren.
>>
>>34102221
>Effexor is like mild ritalin with antianxiety effect. Maybe youre just bipolar
>Effexor's a kind of stimulant

No it's not. It's an SNRI and doesn't have stimulant effects. Seriously just google it before posting horse shit

I took it for quite a while and the only thing it did was give me awful side effects that made me want to stop taking it, so I eventually tapered off and worked on my anxiety and depression without medication and I'm a lot better off. It didn't help my anxiety at all, and the half life was so short I'd have awful mood swings if I missed a dose or waited too long to take it.
>>
>>34101787

On cipralex - seen some improvement
>>
>>34102514
Supposedly bupropion added on the side can help with side effects.
>>
>>34102514
best of luck brah, were all gonna make it
>>
>>34102252
>>34102374
Problem with Z drugs for me is the insane tolerance build up, can only use them at max twice a week and never back to back or they just stop working. Thinking of trying GBL I hear you can escape tolerance plus addiction if you only dose once every day/2 days but I guess there's only one way to find out
>>
File: cover.jpg (138KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
138KB, 1280x1280px
I tried zoloft for literally only a day. It was like all my inhibitions and reasons for not killing myself just left me. Halfway through the day I caught myself daydreaming about going home and sleeping in the garage with the car on. I felt sort of distant from these thoughts too, its hard to describe.

I swear it had a lasting effect on me too, i spiraled down pretty hard immediately after i stopped. Could just be a coincidence though.

Never trust the pharmaceutical jews.
>>
File: what.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>34102729
I'm sorry but are you retarded? You realize that those drugs take weeks to build up in your system, right? You can't just take it literally once and expect it to instantly work. You don't take antidepressants for the acute effects, like you would with benzos or stuff like that.
>>
>>34101787
I'm far less depressed when I'm sleep deprived I'm going to try that again only for one day for safety reasons
>>
File: IMG_9503.jpg (42KB, 358x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9503.jpg
42KB, 358x350px
>>34102729 suicidal idealation gone...but wants to garage sleep. K babe.
>>34102849 How can he not be retarded
>>
>>34102940
Anon means that every thought keeping them rational and not suicidal was gone

that can be a problem in the first few days
>>
>>34102849
Yes, ill just accept the side effect of "immediately makes you want to kill yourself." Not to mention being a slave to it for the rest of your life, and actual withdrawal if you go off.

And somehow you think I'm retarded for not continuing to take it.
>>
>>34101787
My two most recent ones have been Effexor and Prozac. They are the only ones that have worked.

Of course, they have to have fun side effects. Mine are digestive - terrible constipation and constant, horrific smelling gas.
>>
>>34102593
>tfw someone knows shit about SAR and medicinal chemistry
>tfw readings retarded fallacies about sndri's (yes, snrdi you cunt) not having stimulants effects
>>
File: 1507209185.png (199KB, 543x477px) Image search: [Google]
1507209185.png
199KB, 543x477px
>>34101787
Is there an antidepressant I can buy at the pharmacy without anyone knowing? Something to relieve me of my corpse-status and give me a little bit of a push without anyone knowing.
>>
>>34103524
Why not going to a shrink first?
>>
>>34103524
i dont understand the question. where i live you can get most antidepressants if not all without a prescription
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.