[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move to a big city like la or NYC

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2736.jpg (71KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2736.jpg
71KB, 852x480px
How do I move to a big city like la or NYC
>>
>>34100655

Better have a job lined up and maybe two months saved rent saved in advance. Shit's not cheap, yo
>>
>>34100655
just be yourself. also rich. be rich.
>>
>>34100724
How can I find a job there when I'm across the country without any special skills? I know it's expensive but I want to get roommates or even share a room.
>>
>>34100750
But the only place you can get rich is in a city
>>
PACK WHATEVER YOU OWN AND GO THERE. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO JUST GO AND LET THE PATH TAKE YOU WHERE IT WANTS
>>
>>34100950
Was not expecting advice like this here
>>
>>34100984
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? MY ADVICE IS SINCERE. KNOWING WELL MYSELF SOMETIMES THE CLOTHES ON YOUR BACK AND WILLPOWER IS ALL YOU NEED
>>
>>34101534
Do you really believe in that fate shit
>>
>>34101606
I DID NOT MENTION FAITH. YOUR ''PATH'' IS ENTIRELY BASED ON YOU AND YOUR WILLPOWER.
>>
>>34101606
Fate is just a concept mankind has made for ourselves. The greatest explorers merely moved to the unknown on a whim, with lust in their hearts and ambition in their minds.

Cities are cold structures made of rock. Know the rocks and you'll survive.
>>
>>34100655
What's your goal with this move OP? I live in a big city, and it's nothing special. You quickly find out its similar to living in any other place, just with more people and less grass. Granted, it's fun as a tourist destination, and the first couple of weeks I was here was very cool, but the novelty quickly wore off
>>
>>34101985
>You quickly find out its similar to living in any other place, just with more people and less grass. Granted, it's fun as a tourist destination, and the first couple of weeks I was here was very cool, but the novelty quickly wore off

This, don't do it OP unless you're planning on working there. And if you do just live in the suburbs and drive there
>>
>>34102018
You have no idea how shitty it is here. People just drive trucks all over get drunk and sit in the woods. There's no good jobs here there's no college here there's nothing here but idiot backwater rednecks
>>
>>34102528

Where do you live? If you really wanna leave just save up and apply ASAP
>>
>>34102563
Anywhere literally anywhere preferably warm and a city

The warmer and the bigger the city the better
>>
easy way:

>line up a job
>pack your shit in to a truck
>find a short lease apartment online
>drive there and lease a real apartment once you get a feel for the city and what area you want to be in

hard way:

>find the cheapest accommodation you can stand
>save up enough money to cover 6 months of rent there and living expenses
>move in and hunt for a job 24/7
>either find a job before your money runs out and move in to a better apartment or you fail and move back home
>>
>>34100655

>tfw i live in canada
>the biggest city here is Toronto which is lame
>>
>>34101606
Sometimes you gotta just go and figure it out once you're there. That applies to a lot of situations
>>
>>34102612

Education level? If only HS, then Houston or Phoenix, if at least a bachelor's, then any other city
>>
>>34100655
1-Leave your hellhole
2-go there

Silly faggot
>>
>>34102655
Oh man hahaha you think I have enough luxury for a moving truck haha wow
>>
>>34100655
Find a roommate and a job.
>>
>>34102712
really can I just wait tables or something

Is chicago or Atlanta on that list
>>
>>34103162

In LA? You better be great looking and charismatic willing to fight it out with the thousands of out of work actors
>>
>>34103217
I'll be living in a shitty ghetto or unknown part not Hollywood or something in west la
>>
>>34103246
>something in west la

Cmon now
>>
>>34100655
>>34102528

Are you that upstate NY anon who was posting this thread 5x a night around this time last year?

>>34103217
>>34103246

LA and NYC are not what they were 20 years ago, or how they appear in the movies.

Both of those cities are just playgrounds of the rich now. Most people our age (assuming you're in your 20s) are rich trust fund hipsters who you will have NOTHING in common with.

If you really like the "big city" atmosphere, try Boston or Chicago for the "NYC vibe," or try Las Vegas or Phoenix for the "LA vibe."
>>
>>34103660
>Phoenix
>la vibe
>>
>>34103660
I'd say Houston has more of an LA feel. A fatter, more uneducated, more rednecks LA, especially midtown, galleria and that gay hipster area I can't remember at the moment
>>
>>34103902

I don't know man, I'm from NY.

All of those hot, sprawled out cities with a lot of Mexicans and identical stucco houses seem the same to me.
>>
So many retarded kids try to move out to NY or LA only to last 2 weeks and come back to their shitty little suburb home town with their tails between their legs lmao lmao lmao

You have to be a SAVAGE to bang it out in NYC. The elite of the elite, you have to separate from everyone else. Most people can't hang, so they gotta go somewhere else. Its that or you have extremely rich jewish parents that pay your rent while you work at a coffee shop in manhattan
>>
>>34103998

So LA, Phoenix, Houston, Dallas, SD, all the same thing to you
>>
>>34103963

True, I've never been to the Southwest.

I just figured it would be VAGUELY like LA for the OP to get his "big city experience."

Just like Boston does have a different vibe than NYC, but it still has that dense, historic, get-around-without-a-car Northeastern city feel to it (I grew up about an hour outside NYC and I would much rather live in Boston).

I've actually heard that before though, that Houston is kind of like a redneck LA.
>>
>>34104140
>I've actually heard that before though, that Houston is kind of like a redneck LA.

Pretty much is except replace Hollywood with oil and gas and you get the demographics of each city
>>
>>34104069

>LA, Phoenix, Houston, SD

Not the exact same thing, but I imagine they have a somewhat similar feel. Hot, sprawling, car-dependent cities with a big Mexican presence. Built up downtown but most neighborhoods feel very suburban.

I was being a bit facetious, anon, I know they are different.

>Dallas

Dallas would be the outlier. Dallas seems like it's very "Murrika" compared to the others.
>>
link related desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>34104250
>Dallas seems like it's very "Murrika" compared to the others.

Has (((America's team))) and the place where (((they))) killed JFK
>>
File: faggots.jpg (146KB, 768x507px) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
146KB, 768x507px
Dont come to NYC man its just a lot of hipsters and niggers , shoebox apartments and jews nickle and dimeing you around every corner.you comfortable with that?
>>
>>34104069
Ocean Beach, San Diego.

You'll thank me in a few years.
>>
>>34104579
isnt san diego for the most part run over by mexicans?I think OP actually wants to live a in a decent area without getting mugged or any confrantations
>>
get of 4chan and move there you fucking retard
>>
>>34104736

Just the south TBQH, Chula Vista and national city might as well be Mexico since half the cars I see have Mexican plates. But north county is pretty white, especially Carlsbad and Encinitas and la Jolla and the eastern part is most Midwesterners who became meth addicts after leaving the army
>>
>>34104736
>getting mugged in san diego

HAHAHAHA
>>
>>34104736

San Diego is such a complacent white washed paradise you would need to actually go looking hard to find trouble, and even then, all the "gangs" in the cholo south land parts are all pussy posers who live in upper middle class suburban houses with their families.

source: SD native
>>
>>34104736
I've lived in San Diego for 2 years. Safest place I've ever lived. Grew up in the south and lived on the east coast for a while and there was way more crime there.

There aren't any niggers here, Mexicans actually keep to themselves, especially the criminal ones.
>>
>>34104055
Not only that but you have to be rich starting off
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.