[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Robots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: 1470700172437.png (858KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
1470700172437.png
858KB, 1600x1597px
>joining AF
>was academically dismissed from college a year ago (not because I'm retarded)
>feel even more retarded
>hoping I get told to fuck off even tho I scored extremely high on asvab

Share tips and feels
Question of the day: what is CFT?
>>
>>34099897
Everyone I know who joined the army came back married.

Interpret that however you'd like.
>>
>>34100211
They do it for the benefits and fucking succubi surround the bases
>>
>>34100211
Bachelor Army bro here
All civilians are fucking normies
>>
>>34099897
You are very stupid if you think you are better off enlisting than getting a commission as an officer. Finish your four year degree, even if it takes you six.

Then get a commission. Your life will be so much better.
>>
>>34099897
>hoping I get told to fuck off even tho I scored extremely high on asvab
Why not just not join if you're hoping they won't take you?
>>
>>34100211
Holy shit this happened to me. And my best friend since we were little kids got married and had a hapa kid with a filipino (admittedly super hot) soldier girl, a month after the kid is born she cucks him and now they're getting divorced. I feel bad for the kid, I swear to god my friend just created a future Elliot
>>
>>34099897
I'm in the Air Force. You are making a mistake. Go back to college. In the military your rights are taken away, you have to follow a new set of laws called the UCMJ. The job is very stressful and they can work you up to 16 hours a day with no days off at all. You are basically slaves. Do not join the Air Force, go to college. I repeat GO TO FREAKING COLLEGE. If you want to get paid 14000 dollars a year for a job that you work 60 hours a week for and get shit on everyday by people higher ranking then be my guess.

Think of all the people who get out of the Air Force after their 4 or 6 years(God help those who signed up for 6). GO TO FREAKING COLLEGE BECOME SOMETHING BETTER THAN JUST A SLAVE JOCKEE that needs to recruit people actively just to fill their dehumanizing jobs in the air force.
>>
>>34100564
It's fucking expensive to go back to college.???

>>34100609
Like I said college is expensive. Spent 10k before I got dismissed from my major. I hate all the people there and I hate being asked what my preferred pronouns are in forced electives. Might as well join, do whatever community college they have and train for whatever job I get. I'd rather deal with dehumanizing assholes than retarded faggots promoting their textbooks
>>
I joined the Navy, I ship out in like 8 months. I heard there are a lot of weebs and artists in my job field
>>
>>34100934
I was thinking about joining the Navy. What made you join?
What job field? Asking for a friend obviously...
>>
>>34100860
>Like I said college is expensive. Spent 10k before I got dismissed from my major. I hate all the people there and I hate being asked what my preferred pronouns are in forced electives. Might as well join, do whatever community college they have and train for whatever job I get. I'd rather deal with dehumanizing assholes than retarded faggots promoting their textbooks

No you wouldn't kid. I told you go to fucking college you are making a mistake. People can shit on you in the Air Force, dehumanize you, call you in on your days off, make you clean toilets and if you show any protest or disrespect your ass can be thrown in prison under the UCMJ if they wanted to pursue it. At least you can avoid those people in college, in the military you CANNOT. You have no FUCKING RIGHTS in the military, you have no freedom. Every facet of your life they document, you get hurt? Gotta tell them about it, you leaving the base past 200 miles? Gotta tell them about it. You are getting married? Gotta inform them about it and they gotta approve the time when you can get married if it interferrs with the mission. If you are single they inspect your dorm they give you, better make sure that craps in tip top shape or else. Have financial problems? Your ass gets grounded to base and then they start making financial decisions for you and force you to live on base. Nothing in the civilian world, no amount of dehumanizing in the civilian world compares with the military. Enlisted is full of rednecks, who are bitter and angry. Everyone is stressed out because you are worked like a slave. You can never say no to an NCO, it must always be yes sir. Go clean the shitter? Yes sir.
>>
>>34101008
>What made you join?
I joined because I have nothing going for me at the moment. I have no social skills, and not a lot of friends. I decided to join the Navy so I can travel and see the world, learn cool stuff and get physically fit, basically to improve my self.
>What job field?
Intelligence(CTR)
>>
>>34101018
Like I said I hated everything about it and am not spending any more money to be around liberal trash.

I thank you for your advice. I know you're trying to do something good. It might not be for someone else but for someone like me I can tolerate the treatment. I don't do much of anything, don't go outside socially, drink, smoke. I am sort of jew with money and don't think I'm attractive enough to get married. I don't even have a driver's license. I have some college credits so I'll just do whatever program they have and think about if I want to do something else later on. I don't mind living off base for a while, it's better than being the POS living at home.
>>
>>34101182
>I joined because I have nothing going for me at the moment. I have no social skills, and not a lot of friends. I decided to join the Navy so I can travel and see the world, learn cool stuff and get physically fit, basically to improve my self.
Are you me? Thats exactly why i was thinking of joining. Mainly traveling the world.
>>
>>34101237
If you want to travel though, make sure you pick the right job. Some rates get stuck in some shitty army base for 4 years.
>>
>>34101309
I honestly think as long as im not here in my home state or based in the middle of nowhere, im good. I just want to travel.
>>
>>34099897
I'm in the nerd series of the army which my mos is full of Autists. It's going to suck dick but embrace the suck it made me appreciate a lot of other things.
>>
>>34101380
>it made me appreciate a lot of other things.
Like what
>>
>check branches
>so little job options
Nice
>>
>>34099897
Still got 4 more years of the AF. At least i get that college cash, all thats keeping me alive at this point and anime I guess.
>>
>>34099897
Zach? From Bloomsburg?
>>
>>34100609
>disgruntled E-1
The Air Force is great as long as you dont get a shitty job (Maintenance, Sec Fo, Services, etc.).

>>34101018
What the fuck are you talking about? You have rights in the military. Seems like you're just rambling because you cant handle being told to do something.
>>
>>34104496
>tfw when maintenance

I've been in almost 7 years now and I reenlisted half a year ago for 6 more. The money is good and it forced me to go out and party and actually live my life. I was a khv in high school
>>
>>34100609
>Air Force
>Hard

Fucking POG
>>
>>34104593
I heard you gotta wait 2 years between enlistments is that tru
>>
>>34099897
How hard is the asvab? want to become an emergency manager. how do i get a good MAGE score in general?
>>
File: 157511534573.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
157511534573.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>34099897
Enlistment is shit unless you're AF, so congratulations on that at least. But you can expect no respect from the other branches.
>>
>>34105682
It's easy, I didn't study and got 92
>>
>>34106016
>But you can expect no respect from the other branches
Why not?
>>
>>34100564
The air force lets you collect Tuition Assistance and take classes after work hours, and you can easily complete a BA and commission before your first contract is over.

That's what I am doing anyway.

desu I love the military life OP go get em
>>
>>34100609
Holy shit, liberal spotted

The air force is the easiest living ever. Unless you work SecFo at Minot, ND for six years, it's excellent.

Quit smoking pot.

Besides UCMJ is just for extra charges, most of those rules are obvious, basic, and non-constricting
>>
>>34101309
You guys are literally me. I'm joining aswell, mainly because I want to use tuition assistance and eventually get a degree in computer science in college. I also want to travel the world, experience new things, you know? Scored an 86 on my ASVAB but I'm taking it again because my recruiter wants me to get into the nuke program. If I don't get in, I'm going for ET (electrical technician) or one of the other technician jobs. Do those jobs let you travel a lot, anon?
>>
>>34106401
Nuke sucks, when the ship is at a foreign port everyone else will be exploring the city while you're stuck in some shitty 105 degree engine room keeping the nuclear reactor from blowing up. ET is good job, you'll travel
>>
File: IMG_5359.jpg (27KB, 501x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5359.jpg
27KB, 501x490px
>>34106505
Jesus Christ thank you for this advice anon! The only reason I was going for nuke was the 100k bonus you get for re-enlisting. My recruiter is on my ass constantly wanting me to get into nuke, but in all honesty I'm more of a tech guy. Also you need extremely high scores on the ASVAB for it. I've crammed for it twice and barely got in. I really don't feel like taking it again. Question, I've heard for nuke there's different fields in it. Like there's a technician field for nuke. Does the "crammed in a 105 degree room" thing apply for all nukes ?
>>
Here is my plan, looking for rate/advice.
Currently obtaining a bach's in Mechanical Engineering, and after I will serve 4 years in army as small arms repairer to get more experience and pay off college debt.
My end goal is to be super employable and work for a weapons design company.
>>
>>34100564
is the ONLY way to be an officer to have graduated college? i'm a dropout but purdy smart
>>
>>34106619
Don't listen to your recruiter, you literally won't ever see them again after you ship out. Nuke contracts count as 2 people towards their monthly quota, so obviously they will try to get you as a nuke. Nuke is literally the worst job in the Navy, the 100,000 is for reenlistment, it's to bribe people because it's such a shitty job. And yes there are 3 types of nukes, I'm not sure the exact specifications of each type, but you'll be working in uncomfortable areas for 16 hours a day 7 days a week for all 3.
>>
File: 1483841020517.png (11KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483841020517.png
11KB, 657x527px
>>34106658
(me)
plz advize
>>
>>34100564
You have to have a pretty good GPA too. It's not as simple as having a degree
>>
I joined the navy to get money to finish college and a clearance. Finished "A" school and a bunch of other schools.

Soon, I'll be on a submarine with a bunch of nuclear missiles.
>>
>>34108307
What is A school
Did you get a clearance?
>>
>>34108333
It's where people in the Navy learn the basics of their job. Once they complete it, they receive the "rating" title of their job.

I got a secret clearance; which lasts 10 years. Everything on a submarine requires at least a secret clearance.
>>
>>34108383
Can you please tell me secret intel
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197KB, 1280x720px
>>34108402
I've skipped every single intro and ending of every single anime I've watched for as long as I can remember.
>>
File: 1475341714235.png (150KB, 522x346px) Image search: [Google]
1475341714235.png
150KB, 522x346px
>>34108453
Oh god anon... How could you betray our country like that...

but is the navy a pretty good place for robots though? I'm thinking about trying to be an officer after graduating from college
>>
>>34106118
Because you're just the fucking Chair Force. You guys get paid more and treated nicer than any other branch. The only thing enlisted personnel gets is that we're rougher and tougher than those namby pamby officers that tell us what to do, but Airmen can't even say that.
>>
>>34108383
Secret Clearance ain't shit. Talk to me when you can look at TS.
>>
>>34108576
Yeah. It's pretty normal to talk about 4chan and anime here. There are hardly any girls in subs either. Only like two boats as are equipped to deal with them. There may be a few female officers sprinkled in here and there, but that's it.

I thought it'd be full of a bunch of stupid muscular normies, but it isn't.

>>34108623
We all got put in for a TS/SCI investigation. They take forever though.

Eventually I'll have a TS/SCI clearance.
>>
Is being an officer worth it? I've got a shitty liberal arts degree coming in 5 months and nowhere to go after besides retail jobs. I did get a 93 on the ASVAB six years ago.
>>
>>34100604
Cheating is not cuckolding holy shit
>>
>>34106785
That's brutal...I will definitely take this into consideration. I seriously owe you big time for this man.
>>
>>34109807
How long have you been here, 2 months?
>>
>>34104841
Oh you silly grunt, you. 03XX or 11b? (Whatever the fuck the army uses for their infantry MOS codes)
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.