[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when was the last time you told your dad you love him?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 21

File: dad.png (346KB, 619x472px) Image search: [Google]
dad.png
346KB, 619x472px
when was the last time you told your dad you love him?
>>
wile cuddling after the last time we had sex
>>
When I was hallucinating and thought I would die. It was awkward
>>
Probaly when i was around 4, which might be the same time he left and never came back
>>
>>34099587

I'm not sure that I ever have. It's not that I don't......we just don't talk like that.
>>
>>34099587
This morning when he went to work

Him and I will never have that good father, subservient obedient son relationship like he always wanted, but we try to be civil to one another.

I think my moms madder that I'm in my 30s and still living at home, than he is.
>>
>>34100288
yeah this is how i've always understood it with my parents. we don't need to tell each other we love them because it's implicit.

i'm mostly happy that i grew up in a very unsentimental family but i sometimes wonder if this is why i am so fucking autistic
>>
Over a decade ago. I haven't spoken to him since he kicked me out at 16 and we weren't on great terms before that.
>>
>>34099608
>wile cuddling after the last time we had sex
fembot or trap?
>>
A while. He is a heartless cuck asshole that had nothing to do with me during my childhood and now wants to be buddy buddy. I can't wait to tell my stepmom about the whores he was with all the while forgetting he had children.
>>
>>34100395
>fembot or trap?
fembot is a subset of trap
>>
>>34100417
no, trap is a subset of fembot.
>>
>>34100147
What did he say?

asdfas
>>
Nah we call eachother faggot.
>>
File: FxyEY62.png (42KB, 846x592px) Image search: [Google]
FxyEY62.png
42KB, 846x592px
>>34099587

Anyone who ended up on this board has literally no reason to love their parents.

Either they gave you bad genetics or raised you incorrectly. If neither of these are true you don't belong here.
>>
>>34099587
Probably 13 years ago, when he was still alive.
>>
My dad has never said it to me and I never said it to him. It seems love is implied, but, even forming those words to him make me feel extreme discomfort.
>>
>>34100471
so all traps are fembots?
>>
>>34100538
you can love someone even if they are bad at raising kids.
>>
>few nights ago
>over the phone
>hesitantly
>because he's out of the country on vacation
>and i'm at home manning his business
so mad
>>
>>34100627

How and why?

oregonaeon
>>
>>34100671
because they're kind to you even if they aren't smart.
>>
>>34099587
When he last lent me money.
>>
File: nJStWQ.jpg (38KB, 436x361px) Image search: [Google]
nJStWQ.jpg
38KB, 436x361px
>>34100723

How are they kind to you if they gave you bad genetics and/or raised you incorrectly therefore causing you tremendous and incessant suffering?

The definition of kind is this: "having or showing a friendly, generous, and considerate nature"

They were very clearly not considerate when deciding to reproduce despite being not very smart.
>>
>>34100671

Because parenting is hard. The day you grow up and become an adult is when you realize that your mom and dad are not perfect, and that it's ridiculous for you to expect them to be.
>>
>>34100761
they're too stupid to know they're being inconsiderate.
>>
File: 1482859177869.jpg (17KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
1482859177869.jpg
17KB, 363x363px
>>34099587
>mfw i'm in the best standing with my dad
>mfw he makes 6 figures easily
>mfw a fat inheritence
>mfw i'm secretly dreading the day he dies because he's always there to help me out when shit hits the fan
>>
>>34099587
About thirty minutes ago, I tell him that everyday.
>>
>>34099587
This morning, when he saw me off. Gave him a big hug and shared one last smoke with him for a few months, too.

U jelly, nerds?
>>
File: 1483602975297.jpg (188KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1483602975297.jpg
188KB, 853x1280px
>>34100794

You didn't answer my points. How does their being imperfect excuse them from being responsible for giving you an existence of almost pure suffering? Surely the only morally justifiable option is for parents who aren't cut out for parenting to not reproduce.

If someone steals all your money without asking you, and then manages it all for you in your name and then loses all the money would you excuse it because "finances are hard" or would you be upset that this person inflicted suffering on you because he is not a competent financial manager?
>>
>>34100949

If the fed you, housed you, clothed you, and showed you affection they've met their obligation. Anything more is a bonus.
>>
>>34101043

Let's say two fictional parents have a debilitating congenital defect that they have been assured by their doctor will be passed on to their children.

The effects of this heritable disease include blindness, mental retardation, and dwarfism. These parents then decide to reproduce and feed, house, clothe, and show affection to their retarded blind dwarf son.

Do you think there is anything morally wrong with what those parents did?
>>
>>34101094

Interesting hypothetical. If they were aware in advance of their conditions and there was a high likelihood of occurrence, than yeah, maybe there would be some culpability.
>>
File: 1484174731961.jpg (178KB, 1440x1485px) Image search: [Google]
1484174731961.jpg
178KB, 1440x1485px
>>34101259

Ok, so what about parents who are poor, short, dumb, and ugly and therefore there is a high likelihood that their children will be poor, short, dumb, and ugly?

To simply not be brought into existence is infinitely preferable than to be someone who meets the above criteria.

If two people decide to reproduce, it seems to me that the only way to justify forcing someone to exist is to make it so that their existence will be better than nonexistence. If someone is a robot, obviously his existence is horrible, which is why I'm trying to understand why anyone on this board would love their parents.
>>
I had been ignoring his calls for awhile, he recently texted me asking if my phone was working, I replied 4 days later saying I had lost my phone for a bit, and he responded saying "It's nice to hear from you jake"

I'm too ashamed of myself to actually talk to him, as I sit in a room of filth at my poor moms place with no job.
>>
Yesterday when he dropped me off at my apartment.
>>
>>34100749
>>34100856
>>34101393
These all sound like female posters, but statistically that's too many femanons in one thread.
>>
>>34101344

But anon, they made it work for them, and genetically they have all the same attributes. Why would they assert that their child would be a failure based on those shortcomings? There's plenty of short, ugly, and poor people that end up having excellent lives.

Sure, life is a pop of the cherry when you're tall, good-looking and rich. That's life on easy mode. Most of us have to work at it, some more than others. Life is not fair - nor is it supposed to be,
>>
>>34101477

don't underestimate the amount of mentally ill trannies that lurk here
>>
>>34101513

>But anon, they made it work for them, and genetically they have all the same attributes. Why would they assert that their child would be a failure based on those shortcomings?

It depends on how you define "failure" and "success". If we determine success to mean reproducing, that's certainly something that literally any human can do. To me, success and having an excellent life goes far beyond simply having your material needs met.

>Sure, life is a pop of the cherry when you're tall, good-looking and rich. That's life on easy mode. Most of us have to work at it, some more than others. Life is not fair - nor is it supposed to be,

If life is not fair and some incarnations are harder than others, then surely you must also accept that it's wrong for people to create more people and put them on hard mode rather than not force them to play the game in the first place.

If a man kidnapped you and said you would have to do this impossible challenge to receive a million dollars, but if you fail you will be tortured, you would probably rather have never been kidnapped in the first place than be forced to roll the dice.
>>
>>34099587
Never.

I told my grandfather I loved him before he died though, like two years before so it wasn't one of those last minute things.

It was hard to do because we were both pretty masculine but it was worth it.

I miss you grand dad.
>>
when I was pretty drunk a while ago, it felt good.
>>
>>34101520
No, they sound like female posters.
>>
>>34101609

I feel like the point you're trying to make is that nothing will ever be the way you want it, so why try? I was doomed from the start - fuck this gay earth. And I don't know how to answer far that, anon. I seriously feel for you, and I hope that you're able to reconcile this.

I just know that there was a point in my life when I stopped blaming my parents for my problems. And I remember mentally forgiving them for sucking at being parents....and once I did I felt better.

Take care of yourself, and have a good night.
>>
cant even remember the last time i had a conversation with him that didnt arise out of absolute necessity.
>>
Never, because I don't.
>>
Never I hate him and he's also dead now so I couldn't IF i wanted
>>
>>34099587
I've never told my father I love him because I don't. He's one of my least favorite people in the world, I think he's a garbage human being.
>>
Every time one of us leaves the house.
I don't mean it, and neither does he.
>>
Neither of us are talkative people, but there's a mutual understanding. I know he loves me, he knows I love him. We just don't say it.
>>
>>34099587
Lat May on his birthday. He never ever said it to me and he just replied with "Thanks".
>>
File: 1409213612207.jpg (43KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1409213612207.jpg
43KB, 601x601px
>>34099587
i told my dad i loved him a day before he died in the hospital bed.
he also told me he finally accepted me as his son.
i have been waiting to hear those words my whole life. i will never forget him.
>>
i dont really exactly remember, but i still live with my parents. we both know we love eachother so we dont really bother, both introverted. i almost always call him "dude" instead of "dad"
>>
Papa died when I was six months old.
>>
>>34100498
>yeah you too

something like that
>>
>>34099587
Today OP... but that picture makes me really sad I don't know why :(
>>
4 years ago. He was in the hospital. My siblings and I saw him go. He was really old and had a huge amount of health problems so I'm not too strung up about it but I still feel upset he never taught me usual dad stuff when i was growing up. Divorved parents suck man.
>>
>>34099587
Never, he died before I learned to speak.
But even so, I wouldn't have said it. Never said it and never heard it, even with family.

Not that we don't love each other though, all my family is awkward and none of us want to talk about feelings.
From an outsider point of view, we might look like an autistical family.
>>
>>34102521
>finally accepted you
Huh? Were you a love child, fag, or tranny?
>>
>>34100949
nobody is responsible for ones fate
>>
>>34101043
>If they didn't let you die there is nothing to complain about.

No. If someone gets a dog and never plays with it or makes it happy people freak the fuck out. Do the same to kids and it fucks them up "you're an adult, it's on you."
>>
>>34101513
>But anon, they made it work for them

No they did not in many cases. Every day is misery for them. "Oh hey let's fuck without protection."
>>
>>34102317
Greentext?

I feel the same about mine.
>>
File: bullshit 2.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit 2.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>34099587
Never, and it goes both ways. He's never said it to me and the feeling is mutual.
>>
>>34099587
>when was the last time you told your dad you love him?
Never, left before I was even able to conceive proper words.
>>
Never ever actually
Kek
>>
my father has never said he loves anyone in my entire life. i have never heard that word out of his mouth, ever.
>>
17 years ago well really 16 because it's only January
>>
>>34099587
Actually pretty recently, he had an operation and I had to encourage him to feel better.
>>
>>34099587
Man it's probably been since I was in elementary school. We just don't talk like that to each other I guess. He knows I love him though and I know he loves me. I can't imagine either one of us will say it unless one of us is on our death bed
>>
>>34099587
end of the last call i had with him... probably about 3 days ago
>>
Never. The 'Da and I do not get along. He is not a... loveable person.
>>
File: 1483500133005.png (121KB, 277x632px) Image search: [Google]
1483500133005.png
121KB, 277x632px
>>34099587
Earlier today, he's literally the only person I talk to on any sort of regular basis, he makes sure to call me at least once a week
>>
>>34105864
That's sweet anon, I wish I had same relations with my dad.
>>
>>34099587
Never, I've never had a conversation with him. He once left a voicemail on our phone(sounded like it was from a bar) telling me loved and cared about when I was 9 or 10, that's it.
>>
2 years ago, just before he died of a malignant brain tumor, it was too advanced for any medical intervention, he was bedridden and in a great deal of pain, had not seen him in 14 years, I was 9 when he walked out on my mother and left us destitute, we lived in a women's shelter for a while and I then went into temporarily foster care, his partner found me, police partner not the fag kind, I visited him at his home, gave me a copy of his will, I got his house and savings, asked me to help him die, needed his son, his boy to shoot him, said he was too weak, he would hold the gun, I was to pull the trigger so it looked like suicide, if he had asked me as a teen, no problem, would have done it right away, told him I had to think, he begged me, I stayed to help, his hospice people, really overworked, he was in a very rural area of Utah, were so happy, I cut off his morphine and let him suffer, he was begging, sobbing, nope, let him die in as much pain as he caused me, my mother stepped in front of a bus when the Child and Family Services took away her parental rights, day before he lost consciousness, he would last another 3 nights, he asked me why I was doing this to him, I told him "Because I Love You", soon as he was dead I sold all his shit and moved to the coast, he wanted to be buried, found a discount cremation place and $300 later I had his ground up bones in a box, on my way west I tossed his remains down a toilet, took 4 flushes, 15lbs, at a rest area just outside of Yucca Arizona, just off I-40 any regrets, nope, would have liked to have shot him, but watching him suffer was 3 weeks of my life

(mom, I still love and miss you)
>>
Told him I loved him the night before he died. He was so delrious he couldn't tell whether I wss me or my half-brother.
>>
>>34105887
Eh it's not as great as it sounds he only started that once my mom left him because he's lonely and he mostly just asks me why I don't have a gf yet
>>
>>34101344
My dad is wealthy, tall, smart, and handsome. My mom is wealthy, average, smart, and plain. However neither is very social and both are very out-of-touch. They were too out of touch to understand the mistakes they made.
>>
File: 1471566862253.jpg (58KB, 500x788px) Image search: [Google]
1471566862253.jpg
58KB, 500x788px
I don't know, I can't remember.

I'm the same as a lot of other anons in this thread, I feel like we have a mutual understanding between each other and we don't need to say the words to reaffirm it... but it's hard. Our relationship was pretty rough in the past, and now money is tight, my grades aren't where they need to be, and there's a lot of tension between us these past few weeks, which makes for a fairly shitty holiday season.

I dunno, he's old, my parents didn't have kids until their mid-late 30s, and he's not gonna be around much longer.

I can't really put my feelings into words, I've been trying to type for 5 minutes now but nothing's coming to mind. I don't want him to die thinking I didn't love him or something like that.
>>
>>34100266
Are a you black ?
>>
>>34099587
11 years ago, right before he killed himself.
>>
>>34107357
what i thought when i first saw it too
>>
On Christmas when I visited his grave.
>>
File: safasdabaahezzzz.jpg (107KB, 634x801px) Image search: [Google]
safasdabaahezzzz.jpg
107KB, 634x801px
>>34105959
>I cut off his morphine and let him suffer, he was begging, sobbing, nope, let him die in as much pain as he caused me
Dude, my dad did the same thing to me, and my mom, but dude ....really?

>he wanted to be buried, found a discount cremation place and $300 later I had his ground up bones in a box, on my way west I tossed his remains down a toilet, took 4 flushes, 15lbs

I hope you never get to a point in your life where you start to regret that shit because it's going to fuck you up, dude.
>>
File: 1471404461316.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1471404461316.gif
2MB, 696x478px
When I was 15, my brothers woke me up in the middle of the night by the side of my bed and told me it's time to say goodbye to our Dad. Apparently his condition had worsened and he had become a vegetable being only survived by the machines he was tied to. When I got there and it was my time to say goodbye in this super high tech hospital room that was freezing I said I love him very much and goodbye. He was simply a yellow skinned vegetable (his pigment was fucked due to his chronic condition).

The last time I maybe said I love you to the real him was when the last time he came from the his hospital visit for a number of days. Everytime he left to go back I made sure I gave him a tight hug and I loved him even though he was basically a skeleton with no muscle at that point because of his disease.

I loved my dad, he was one of my few friends in life.
>>
>>34101355
Your dad loves you Jake. Don't be afraid to talk to him; he misses you. And even if you're a worthless failure, your dad sounds like a decent fellow; he'll stay by your side.
>>
>>34109133
You will never be as edgy as the anon that tortured his dad for 3 weeks.
>>
Never have, too awkward
>>
File: 1473759410449.png (202KB, 367x358px) Image search: [Google]
1473759410449.png
202KB, 367x358px
>>34099587
>Having a dad
>>
>>34099587
Never.
Would be too akward and gay.
Are you a faggot op ?
>>
>>34099587
Like, yesterday

t. Non-nigger
>>
File: sad bat.gif (153KB, 268x199px) Image search: [Google]
sad bat.gif
153KB, 268x199px
>>34109378
Shit man.

My parents divorced and when I was 15 as well, my dad visited me and my sister and said he really loved both of us, saying we should be happy. 1 week after that he wasn't feeling too well and died shortly after.
>>
>>34109133
>I hope you never get to a point in your life where you start to regret that shit because it's going to fuck you up, dude.

I hope he does
>>
>>34109495
Why? I get that the dad feels are plentiful itt but this guy's dad had Nothing to do with him until he wanted an easy death? Fuck that.
>>
>>34109603
Does he deserves to feel remorse for what hes done? Yes

Do I wish it on him? No
>>
>>34109378
I can relate to your story, and I know exactly how you feel.
You just really never get over the fact that you'll never see him around ever again. Knowing that for the rest of your life until the day you die he will never show up again, and his voice is nothing more than a fading memory.
>>
>>34109834
Oh my goodness, this thread has hit me straight in my feels tonight. I had a good day with a friend who's visiting from out of town but night time when you're alone and stumble upon something like this gets you reminiscing hard and I haven't cried this hard in a while, I'm just trying to keep the noise of the sniffling down so no one gets woken up by it.

My dad can be hard to get along with sometimes, especially when he's arguing with my mom (not divorced) and I've saved him from suicide in the past but I haven't seen him these past couple of days because I've been hanging out with my friend and getting home late, by then he's asleep. I have plans for the next couple of days to go out of town with my friend but I will stay up until he gets up for work just to go downstairs and talk with him, because you never know when that moment comes that it's your turn to go. Thanks guys.
>>
>>34110030
>I haven't cried this hard in a while, I'm just trying to keep the noise
Yeah feels have a way of hitting you hard sometimes, but at least you still have time with your dad.

>I will stay up until he gets up for work just to go downstairs and talk with him

Sounds like a good plan. There will always be fights here and there with him but when he leaves for good trust me when I say that it's not gonna matter. Even if you're still angry about some stuff after his passing the anger is not going to cancel out the pain of knowing that he lost his life, and you'll wish you had a few more moments with him.

> you never know when that moment comes that it's your turn to go.
No, you really don't. No one does. Thats why it's important to never allow yourself to hold onto a grudge for too long.
>>
>>34100538
Or maybe were just not pathetic enough to blame our shortcomings and failures on our parents.

Your environment may be the soil of life but you choose what direction the stem grows.
>>
>>34110350
>being this myopic
>thinks life is meritocratic
>just-world

Yeah kids, just CHOOSE where your life goes. Fuck resources and the effects your childhood may have on your overall growth, mental health, maturity and development. Regardless of what situation you were born in, its ALL YOUR FAULT.
>>
>>34099587
Night dad I love you, last words I said to him when I was 9

Next morning he died from an overdose and heart attack when I was 9, 2 months after my grandpa and 1 after my great aunt
>>
>>34110336
Thanks for replying, I was refreshing this thread periodically to see it. It's 2:31 AM here now, still got a couple more hours to go. Again, thank you, anon.
>>
on his deathbed

wish I could get to know him more.

Dude basically dropped dead the second I graduated high school.

thanks for the reminder.
>>
>>34099587
He broke up with my mother when I was a kid.
He has two children (who are very sweet) of his own now so I don't think he needs me to tell him I love him.
>>
>>34099587
when he fucked me hard
>>
>>34099587
Never. I never met the guy and he doesn't try to be a part in my life.

My brothers dad was okay, but split.

Step-dad is an abusive asshole who hates his own kids, so we as his step kids got it much worse.
>>
>>34099587
About 20 years ago.
>>
>>34099587
My dad tried to kill my mom twice and was an alcoholic who terrorized me daily. As I got bigger though and stronger he never did anything besides attempt to verbally attack me but by then being on here long enough arguing with all of you taught me how to shut someone up pretty fast and its always felt good since. He currently has a step wife and my brother lives with him. My brother grew up around this and hated it too so he now also terrorizes my father as much as possible and so does my step brother. I love my brothers very much but my dad is an awful human I don't remember the last time either of us said I love you in a sincere way.
>tfw my 6th grade graduation my father was late
>find out he was late because he was cheating on my mom and the womens boyfriend found them
>they got into a fist fight and he came to see us after the graduation to eat at the restaurant we went to
>women's boyfriend leaves her
>begs my father to come with her
>he doesn't my mom now knows he cheated which leads to a divorce
>women ends up killing herself because of what my dad did
plenty of other equally awful stories this cocksucker has accomplished.
>>
Not sure that I ever said it, dude must've took it to heart, cause he killed himself
>>
>>34100538
Yeah, I agree. Anyway, my Dad's a nice guy, but I have nothing in common with him. (Or my mom)
>>
>>34107495
Hardcore :)

oregano
>>
>>34105959
God damn..... only on 4chan...

Be careful, potential fathers...
>>
>>34099587
I dont...he fucked me up, not in the way that he didnt buy me an iphone when i was in school, more like in a way that he keept calling me a retard and insisted that i kill myself most of my life before kicking me out at 18.
>>
>>34111403
Honestly, people like that who become parents should be immediately executed and their sons should at least be spend a night with a prostitute for free before they commit suicide.
>>
>>34111403
Bro are you me my dad called me a retard all my life and when the physical and mental abuse became too much my grades started slipping and he put me into classes with crazy kids. Not retarded but legit crazy drug addicts. I got out of that and by highschool was able to convince the school I was capable of working normal but fuck man it scarred me as a human and made my life hell. People like this should not be raising kids thank god we've experienced what it does so in the future we don't make the same mistakes. This is how better men are born.
>>
>>34099587
Never
We hate eachother from day 1
>>
>>34099587
Probably when I was a baby, before its death.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.