[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else has more memories involving video games than almost

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: video-game-addiction1[1].jpg (6KB, 237x220px) Image search: [Google]
video-game-addiction1[1].jpg
6KB, 237x220px
Who else has more memories involving video games than almost anything else?

All the good times involved video games. The accomplishments I feel good about involved video games.

I also mostly played single player games. Most other gamers seriously annoyed me.. I also had a shitty computer or a shitty internet connection, so multiplayer games were never really an option in the first place.

I haven't played any in two years. I've mostly just replaced video games with reading the news, listening to right wing radio, watching movies alone, playing pool with my grandpa or reluctant coworkers, working out, and drinking alone. I still feel empty.
>>
Sort of. I remember plenty of other things from my childhood but vidya comprises the majority of the positive stuff.
>>
>>34099173
What else were you supposed to do as a kid? Most of us were raised in a suburb, away from nature, and the majority of our time was spent in public "education" which was full of lowest-common-denominator shithead children. Video games were the only way to make that kind of environmental prison tolerable.

When you're an adult you can just do video game things IRL. Instead of playing an adventure game, you can have an actual adventure hiking in nature. Instead of playing a fighting game, you can train MMA. Instead of building things in a video game, you can build them IRL. We played video games because modern childhood sucks.
>>
>>34099316
>What else were you supposed to do as a kid?

Do sports.

Do better in school.

Join clubs.

Play with friends.

But yeah, I understand where you are coming from. My mother wouldn't have let me hang out with a bunch of unsupervised 14 year olds running around town anyway.
>>
>>34099379
All of those things require high-quality peers, which are in short supply. The average kid in public school is basically a nigger.
>>
>>34099422
4chan represents what most Gen Z are like. We're fat socially awkward edgelords spamming memes. Niggers are out commiting crimes while most Gen Z masturbate to anime
>>
>>34099503
>gen Z
>we
Fuck, I'm old.
>>
File: happy camper.gif (593KB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
happy camper.gif
593KB, 480x204px
>>34099173
>14
>playing tekken in the living room
>hear screaming from back of house
>grandmother is on the ground lookin dead af
>her caregiver starts cpr and tells me to call 911
>put game on pause and call 911
>"Um, like, my grandma fell and isn't breathing, she has cancer, too, I think."
>they arrive literally in like 3 minutes
>check on my grandma
>she's alive
>go back to playing tekken
>EMT's taking her out of house on wheely stretcher thing
>one of them stares at me the whole time like "Are you REALLY playing video games right now?"
>mfw

I was not especially close with my paternal grandmother.
>>
>>34099796
How are you supposed to react? Freak out and start screaming or whatever? I never understood this. If bad shit happens, you take care of it then go back to what you were doing. No point in theatrics.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.