[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If the universe is truly infinite, then probability dictates

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: space-2.jpg (191KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
space-2.jpg
191KB, 858x536px
>If the universe is truly infinite, then probability dictates that somewhere out there in the cosmos is an exact replica of Earth where you got the girl, you got your dream NEET life with zero downsides and you were generally pretty successful.

How does this make you feel?
>>
it makes me feel happy that there's a universe where I fought in Nam
>>
It doesn't make me feel anything, I have gone far beyond caring about the material world and my own wellbeing in it.
>>
>>34095249
That is wrong. Imagine a puzzle where the last piece doesn't fit. Then imagine an exact copy of that puzzle and an exact copy of that last piece.

Will the last piece fit?
>>
Good thing the universe isn't infinite, both in our current scientific understanding, but also in all true religions.
>>
File: 1483120861164.png (8KB, 687x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483120861164.png
8KB, 687x450px
>>34095358
>true religions
>>
>>34095358
It is infinite in our scientific understanding and in many religions such as Buddhism
>>
Think you're wrong here... In an Infinite universe, every single possible outcome of everything will exist somewhere somewhen
>>
>>34095406
No, it isn't. The universe began at a measurable point in time and, while expanding, is of finite size.

And Buddhism is not a true religion. Orthodox Christianity, Islam, Judaism: all others are an affront to God.
>>
>>34095465
>No, it isn't. The universe began at a measurable point in time

It didn't, we just know all matter was in a singularity, it's not expanding like a sphere, rather the distance between object is becoming bigger, you are incredibly ignorant on the topic and should shut up now
>>
File: 1484247160634.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484247160634.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>34095465
>No, it isn't. The universe began at a measurable point in time and, while expanding, is of finite size.

>Buddhism is not a true religion. Orthodox Christianity, Islam, Judaism: all others are an affront to God
>>
actually it's the exact opposite

if the universe is infinite then the probability of any exact situation is precisely zero

one over n as the limit of n grows large is zero
>>
>>34095249
It makes me think that the next time I get knackered, I'll mumble a pox or two in the direction of my lucky twin.
>>
File: 1480914894676.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1480914894676.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>34095465
>current year
>being this bigoted
>thinks buddhism isn't a nontheistic religion

The universe began at a measurable point in time and, while expanding, is of finite size.
>thinks big bang is the beginning of the universe
>>
>ITT: Bunch of faggots talking about things they don't and can't possibly know
>>
>>34095917
It is mostly conceptional, so you can know it, so far as you can conceive it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.