[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Truth of Your Existance

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Action-on-the-Ground[1].jpg (43KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
Action-on-the-Ground[1].jpg
43KB, 500x315px
Every human being who is conscious is alive. The ego, or the self, is defined by your consciousness. You may have a name and a body and a bank account with possessions, but all of that is an idea put together by thought, by consciousness. We all identify with our ego or our self made images of our self. This is human nature. But where did the construct of the mind come from? This question can be answered, right here and right now.

Thought is a tool we have to survive. It both creates and solves problems in a perpetual cycle. It never comes to an end where it says "All my problems have been solved". Because it's always coming up with new problems out of the old ones to think about. However thought is layered by the conscious and unconscious, as well as limited because it works in the field of knowledge and knowledge is never complete. Thought cannot do anything like people believe, it can't picture infinite, it can't imagine 4-dimensional space, and it can only think about one idea at a time. Thought is very very limited. So when we ask such questions as "What is the meaning of life?" or "What is the purpose of the universe?" thought can never answer these questions, because they are outside the limit of thought.

Now every human being on earth is essentially the same. You may have different memories or a different personality based on your conditioning, but every single person feels joy, sorrow, jealousy, desire, pain, pleasure etc. These are universal traits among humans, so the bare essentials of the mind are not individual, but universal. Humanity shares them.

In the same way that humanity shares this basic human nature, we also share the same 'origin'. That is the place we came out of that we'll call 'the ground'.

This ground or place of origin, is as abstract to the human mind as 4-dimensional space or infinite. You can conceptualize such things but you can never fully grasp them or see them as they are. This is the nature of thought.
>>
Now thought only being able to create images and not actualities, as no memory is ever a complete representation of what happened, is unable to capture the ground because it is outside the possibilities of thought.

Most people when defining themselves will essentially say they are their thoughts and feelings. That is the content of your mind after all. But all this content creates a bias where we are unable to see things objectively. For example we have duality, that light cannot exist where there is darkness, that hate cannot exist where there is love and everything can't exist if you have nothing.

But the ground is a place of incomprehension. It is a place of non duality, where everything and nothing exist at the same time. It has no beginning and no end, being completely eternal. It thinks without thinking, it moves without moving. And this ground is the place you came out of.

Now I said in the beginning you can experience this ground, but the ground cannot be touched by thought or consciousness. So if 'you' cannot perceive the ground, how are 'you' suppose to experience it?

The answer is easy but hard to understand, the answer is 'you' can't be there. That is the entirety of the ego, all that you are in your self identification, must not be. When this happens you are still alive as you have a body but the mind's content is emptied. That is you are not a thing. And in not being a thing, you are open to see what has always been and will always be, which is the ground.

So if the next thing you ask is "How do I not think?" or "How do I not be?" then you are already lost, because such a question is the product of thought. So to perceive the ground you must come to a complete stop. Which means not actively trying to stop, but actually stopping.

Imagine you come to a wall and that wall is immovable. There is no way around the wall and you can't break through it. This wall is the ground. So what is one to do? Obviously nothing, because nothing can be done.
>>
Now I am open to questions, and I will answer to the best of my abilities. But what I'd really like to discuss with this thread is what will make people stop, what will make people realize the immovable wall and completely surrender themselves to that fact? Because that is where the truth lies, and any attempt to acquire the truth is in vain. But to actively not make an attempt is also in vain. What would make a person so completely give themselves up and be able to see the origin from which they came?
>>
>>34095130
Maybe it's impossible
>>
>>34095417
If you think it is impossible then it is already impossible. I say it is entirely possible, and forgive me for being personal but I say this because I've done it. I wouldn't be talking about the ground if I didn't know it was real and actual.

Now I know what made me come to a stop, and that was the insight into the fact that I couldn't do anything. That any attempt what so ever was in vain. That stumped the mind, and ended the automatic response of thought. But it wasn't an idea to me, it was an actuality that hit me with it's full force. It stunned me so hard I was paralyzed, and the truth became evident. It presented itself when the 'me' was seceded.

But I am asking, how could I awaken this in another? Because it takes time to pull yourself apart, but it takes absolutely no time to see the truth, because the truth does not exist in the realm of time. Which means anyone could see the truth instantaneously but only if they're not there.

Do you follow my question? If you're serious about it we could discuss it.
>>
>>34095095
Wrong.

>What is the purpose of the universe?" thought can never answer these questions, because they are outside the limit of thought.

Because, they are not actually questions.

At this point I quit reading.
>>
>>34095536
I think I understand. But I am one of those people asking "How do I not think?" so apparently this is impossible for me. It would help if you could describe the steps required for someone like me to do what you claim.
>>
>>34095572
To his, his own. But I wouldn't say it's an invalid question. An invalid question to me is "How did something come out of nothing?". That is a question that has no answer. So it is a wrong question.

>>34095670
That's the problem, there are no steps. The entire process is that there is no process. Zero amount of process can get you to the truth.

However we can rationalize and speculate until we reach the point where we say "I must do nothing". Actually nothing.

First of all we have to realize that where ever the answer to these great questions lie, it's not in the external world. It's not under a rock or in a temple or on some planet 10 million light years away. It has to be with us, right here right now. Which only leaves that it's inside of us. Which is good, because all we really have is our self.

The next thing we can realize is that we are all conditioned, by our parents, by society, by human nature especially. And this conditioning automatically limits us. So if we want to be limitless, we must have no conditioning what so ever including that of human nature. But all humans naturally desire something, run from something, create and dispel etc.

So if you want to empty your mind it only makes sense you should first understand your mind entirely. This is not an impossible feat, because the human mind is limited, it is finite. There are not an infinite amount of emotions you can feel, there is only a fixed set. So you can investigate into each and everyone to discover how they work and how they manipulate you. Once you know the trick, you won't be tricked anymore. Putting it very basically, we are the product of evolution. And all evolution strives to do is survive, so every single activity (It doesn't matter what) in our lives is a continued effort to survive more and more.

Are we getting anywhere with this?
>>
OP here, disregard that, I suck robot cocks
>>
>>34095865
>But I wouldn't say it's an invalid question

I will try to explain then. 'What is the purpose of the universe?' implies that the universe has a purpose. For the universe to have a purpose there would be something other than the universe to give it that purpose, but that something other would already be included in the definition of the universe.
>>
Even if I give you the large amounts of benefit of doubt, what even is the merit of experiencing the ground? It doesn't sound like there is any practical purpose
>>
File: IMG_2563.jpg (27KB, 268x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2563.jpg
27KB, 268x284px
>>34095095
>existance
Stopped reading there
>>
>>34096077
I want to say that the ground is the universe, but then I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. That if time and space did not exist everything would be confined to an infinitely small point that never changes which scientists refer to as the big bang. But this ground has no duality, it is everything and nothing. It exists and doesn't exist. And it only comes into being when there is no duality in one's self. That is no contradiction. Whatever the ground is, it has always been and it gave birth to the universe as we know it and it is also the universe.

>>34096116
It's human nature to always want a reward at the end of a struggle. I offer no reward what so ever besides the knowledge that such a truth exists and you can know it exists. Some would say then that this only matters if you have an interest, but having an interest is what blocks people from the ground, because it's a product of thought.
>>
>>34096296
That is feverish gibberish.
>>
I've been listening to a bunch of discussions by Alan Watts on youtube lately.
You are in a similar place of thought as him and philosophies such as zen Buddhism.
>>
>>34096314
If that's what you think then don't listen to me. I don't want anybody to take what I say for granted or put me in a position of authority. Only you can know the truth for yourself, and I stick to that. This is just the truth as I know it.

>>34096326
Alan Watts is great, I also really like Jiddu Krishnamurti. All these great teachers are dead though and although their discussions and talks are available all over the internet I don't know of any living examples of such people. So I'm stepping up to the plate in a way.
>>
>>34095095
>"What is the meaning of life?" or "What is the purpose of the universe?" thought can never answer these questions, because they are outside the limit of thought.

>The Truth of Your Existance
>Existence*
>>
>>34097600
>>34096208
It becomes easier to comprehend the universe the more you violate the petty language that limits your approach.
>>
>>34097671
......you're missing my point.

"What is the meaning of life?" or "What is the purpose of the universe?" thought can never answer these questions, because they are outside the limit of thought.

>thought can never answer these questions, because they are outside the limit of thought.
>thought can never answer these questions

>But oh wait, lemme tell you about "The Truth of Your Existance"

I'm positive you have good intentions, but you know fuck-all just like the rest of us.
>>
>>34097758
I'm not OP.
I'm merely teasing at another path of enlightenment that encourages the breakdown of your programming.
You're already a channer. You're basically there.
In other words, shitpost. Shitpost so hard but take it seriously.
You'll accidentally the whole thing. For real.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.