[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET recovery general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14

File: i just lost all control.png (339KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
i just lost all control.png
339KB, 1280x720px
>post what you're doing to become a better person
>give advice
>tell stories

Does Adderall help with brain fog? Are all these sites that claim to sell generic Adderall real? Where can I get something to really help with brain fog?
>>
>>34091385

Yeah adderall is a fucking godsend. I couldn't even stay awake for a whole workday before it.

Depressing that I need a really powerful stimulant to do even basic things though.
>>
>>34091423
I know. I've been trying to drive and it's been hard to deal with the fact that I can't and need help.

Where do you get your adderall?
>>
>>34091385
>post what you're doing to become a better person
Lost 33 pounds last year, got a job, saving money to possibly try opening a bakery in the future.

After 3 years it seems life if finally moving again.
>>
>>34091385
I'm interested in the adderall bit too, as a study drug
>>
>>34091468
>possibly try opening a bakery in the future
Pretty sure that's basically impossible to sustain in the modern small business climate. But you could totally become a pastry chef or artisan bread maker. Having storefront would be cool but you're just asking for a money pit
>>
File: jhps1 - Copy.png (862KB, 1196x1098px) Image search: [Google]
jhps1 - Copy.png
862KB, 1196x1098px
>>34091385
>lost 40 pounds
>lift 3 times a week
>go to a boxing gym once a week
>meet qts
>still want to kill myself

Being a NEET was way better
>>
Fuck me this stuff is expensive. Even the generic supplements are $20 for 30. How is a NEET with no insurance meant to recover if he can't get his brain in check?
>>
>>34091462
I got the job reaction ion from my shrink. I get addicted easily so I'm too much of a wuss to do it without a doc involved.
>>
Well, I took a shower today. Does that count?
>>
>>34091385
afinils seemed to help me a lot, especially with work
>>
Just got accepted into community college
>>
>tfw you have a NEET gf
>tfw there's still nothing you want to do with yourself and it makes you feel like shit
She wants to learn to code so I'm going to try to pick that up with her so I have something remotely productive to do with myself
We also stream, it's unlikely that it'll ever be a proper income thing but the people who drift into chat are some of the few I talk to out loud aside from her, and playing vidya with her is fun even if nobody ends up watching
Hopefully I find something to give a shit about eventually
>>34092113
Definitely. I'm overdue for that myself. Keep trying to find things to improve on that you can manage to at least attempt. Personally I'm doing a lot better with keeping our living space relatively clean lately
>>
>>34092194
'Grats anon, what are you planning to study?
>>
>>34091679
Rolling for dick size
>>
File: afterlife pepe.png (315KB, 531x502px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife pepe.png
315KB, 531x502px
>>34092194
>tfw going to community college at 26
>feel good walking to class because I'm doing something
>the air smells fresher
>tfw feel hope
all i need is some friends,
>>
File: 1476809967692.jpg (137KB, 1439x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1476809967692.jpg
137KB, 1439x1079px
Has anyone here seen a psychiatrist? How does that work?
>>
>>34092994

>enter room
>speak of last night when you cried in your bed
>talk about how your father or mother treated you
>pay 50$
>????
>repeat
>>
>>34093020
>>pay 50$
wtf all the ones i'm looking at are like 100+ per session
>>
>>34092969
>tfw you dropped out of uni after three years
>tfw you had no friends after three years
A few acquaintances at least, though in day to day life it made no difference
>>34092994
>>34093020
Reminder that psychiatrists can also prescribe you pills
I've never been to one so I don't know what it's like but the description anon missed that part
>>
>>34091385
actually picked up programming again the other day.
already feel like giving up
wont ever be as good as those Silicon Valley kids
also I feel like im too old to get into programming again
>>
File: 1484224210957.jpg (33KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1484224210957.jpg
33KB, 396x385px
>>34093020

>he's an american and he pays 100$ to go see a common psychiatrist
>he doesnt even get the 50$ refunded by social security
>>
>>34092466

No idea lol

here in the inner city they pay us just for signing up and attending class
>>
>>34093152
>they pay us just for signing up and attending classes
Goddamn, that's pretty great
I hope you can find something to do that you give a shit about
>>
Started a YouTube gaming channel a few months ago. Already have a almost 500 subscribers to my surprise; most people report much slower growth. I'm actually pretty good at it and people say they find me entertaining. I've only made $40 so far from advertising (and need $100 to actually cash out) but I feel optimistic about that since growth on YouTube seems to be exponential... only there's an issue.

My relatives are threatening to kick me out this weekend. And I have nowhere to go, and with nowhere to go I can't keep making videos. Tried to reason with them when they first told me a few days ago but no luck.

The only hope I have is that since I have paid rent and bills to them in the past (not much, but some) that I am legally a tenant and they have to serve me papers and give me 30 days to move out. Is this true or am I fucked? Can probably come up with something if I have a month, but a few days isn't going to cut it. Any NEETs have experience with being evicted?
>>
>>34093512
>YouTube gaming channel
you best be joking nigger
>>
Man people say everything is about connections but I don't feel right using connections in case something backfires. Most jobs end up being about politics (bosses sons and their friends) than doing any work that I just don't want to fuck up my connections over some stupid issue of personal politics from someone that is just trying to cause drama so they don't have to do a lot of work that day since they're getting paid by the hour and it benefits them to waste as much time as possible.

I don't even get lonely but it's such a fucking pain not having anyone to talk stuff over with.
>>
>>34093543
What's wrong with that? I'm good at video games and good at talking. It's a natural niche for me.
>>
>>34093512
Dude, please, drop the channel until you have a steady job. Growth is never exponential past the first few hundred subs. The market is also insanely oversaturated.

You will not make even ramen bux from that channel, or even if you miraculously do, that's years off.

Tell your relatives you're getting a real job, then find one.
>>
>>34091743
Sudafed
>>
>>34093619
Even if you're the most charismatic speaker, best editor, flashiest producer, and most amazing player, you won't make jack shit for years. Get a job and do the channel on the side. Trust me.
>>
>>34093512
Tenant law varies a lot so look that shit up based on what region (state, province, whatever) you're in, we can't really help for the general case
The fact that you have paid rent is a good sign on that front at least
Would it be possible to get NEETbux? That'd help you afford rent with your family or elsewhere
A job could work too, as has been noted
>>34093631
No sense in dropping the channel if he has viewers, quick growth is good too.
Still, there's a difference between having a channel and treating it as your primary source of income
>>
>>34093685
I mean drop it until he has a primary job. He can do it in his spare time.
>>
>>34093619
>good at video games and good at talking
Okay, let's pretend that's true for a moment. That isn't a realistic income. Plus the fact that you're doing this now without any support structure tells me that you lack self awareness and discipline. This is a moronic thing to be doing.
>>
>>34093668
Tried many times already to get a job and I just can't hold one. My body won't let me do it. I already sleep 14 hours a day as it is, and my sleep schedule changes constantly. I fell asleep at my last job multiple times and they had to let me go. This YouTube thing is great because I don't have to schedule anything.

>>34093685
>Would it be possible to get NEETbux? That'd help you afford rent with your family or elsewhere
Maybe. Obviously I have some kind of disorder, but I have no health insurance or anything so I'm not sure how I would go about finding out what, and then applying for aid?
>>
>>34093829
You need to see a doctor then. You have a serious disorder. Maybe sleep apnea or narcolepsy.

Don't delude yourself anon. The Youtube thing won't pay the bills.
>>
>>34093829
Try to get on Obamacare before it's repealed.
>>
File: hopeless.png (171KB, 439x750px) Image search: [Google]
hopeless.png
171KB, 439x750px
>>34091385
I'm not doing anything. my weight loss plans failed, i didn't go to school, and i didn't talk to people.

I'm thinking of going into a some job training program where we live at a campus or the military. i need structure and a schedule in my life that's managed or at least supervised by other people because i can't trust myself to do anything productive.

P-please respond.. at least with a hug post, I'm so lonely
>>
>>34093884
I already know it's not the brightest idea but it's the only thing I've been able to latch on to that is both enjoyable and possible in my current state. I know it's basically just a hobby at this point but a few years down the line I'd love to do it full time if possible.

I live in the USA btw. If I go to the doctor with no money or health insurance do they have to see me? And what can they do to me if I don't pay the bill? I'd be willing to go it if it means I can actually get NEETbux and avoid being homeless.

>>34093901
Not sure if I have enough time for that at this point.
>>
Forcing myself to go through college but feel like ill fail through it. However, I'll be talking to normies and itll help me socialize again. Going to therapy and getting meds. Doing my best to bury my memories of my ex.
>>
File: dep.jpg (166KB, 1280x1261px) Image search: [Google]
dep.jpg
166KB, 1280x1261px
I just started doing a self study IT course. It's not very difficult, but I'm still really fucking lonely. I'm considering doing the course at the venue instead of at home so that I can at least meet some people, but if high school is an indication of anything, I might still be a loner.

What do?

>>34094099
Yeah I know what you mean anon. I think I also need structure
>>
>>34094185
go to the venue? even if you end up a loner it'll be no different than home.
>>
File: meme.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>>34093092
>wont ever be as good as those Silicon Valley kids
You don't need to be. I'm a consultant and most clients I work with have 50% of workforce filled with retards. Which is why they hire me.
>>
>>34091679
>lose 40-50 lbs
>start reading with legs crossed on bed, Interwebing, etc
>underage girls start hitting on me, still no job
NOPED
>start eating and being lazy again
>only sacrifice crossed leg position
>worth it because food
>body always stops at 40-50 gain
>apparently wants me to be obese
Meant to be.
>>
File: 1470790685536.png (47KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1470790685536.png
47KB, 657x527px
OP here

>cracked and told uncle it's not safe for me to be driving
>gave me a hug
>made me an appointment to see a counselor tomorrow
here we go
>>
>>34094446
50% is generous. Its amazing how many retards get programming jobs.

10,000 Mongo databases got hacked the other week because they had default admin passwords.

I wish I'd started in this career 10 years ago, I wasted so much time thinking I couldn't do it because I thought I needed a degree to do it.
>>
>>34094446
>>34095713
How do you demonstrate you're not retarded without a degree? Serious question
>>
>>34095604
>tfw have to make appointments by myself
>been putting it off for weeks
>>
>>34091385
Only way I'll ever be a better person is if I kill myself
>>
File: 18qn7jkllr4x.png (234KB, 845x739px) Image search: [Google]
18qn7jkllr4x.png
234KB, 845x739px
>>34095811
Put a couple of personal projects on Github, they don't have to be fancy, but it lets people see that you can code.

Then show up to the interview and answer their questions. Usually an interview will involve some kind of pseudo-code algorithm challenge so they can see that you do know what a for loop is.

This is necessary because a degree doesn't demonstrate compitence, a lot of CS graduates can't solve the most basic programming problems.

In order to get an interview, fill your resume with jargon and buzzwords, because recruiters have no fucking idea what any of those words mean and they're just finding candidates by matching keywords.

Also ignore what the job description lists as "requirements". Recruiters write job descriptions, recruiters don't know what the job actually entails. They'll put "requires 4 years of X" without knowing what X is, or how important it actually is to do the job, or that X hasn't actually been around for 4 years. it could have been mentioned in passing as "would be nice if they have X for a thing that we're thinking of doing in the future", and the recruiter fed it into the same template they use for every other job description, and then stuck another 3 years on top of it in the hopes that this will produce better candidates.

Skim job descriptions, ignore requirements, apply anyway. Even apply for senior positions, even if you aren't qualified for a senior position they might be building out a team and they might have lower-level positions available too. But don't bullshit your way into a job that you're not able to do. In the interview be honest and let them decide whether or not to hire you. There's such a massive skills defecit in this industry that you'll probably get hired.

Also January/February is the best time to get hired, so start applying now.
>>
>>34091385
>Does Adderall help with brain fog

For me yeah

I'm on the upper range of how much can be prescribed even though it's only been a year, and although it's not even close to how effective it was earlier I'm still 10x as functional as a person before ever taking it
>>
>>34091679

>have been doing this for the last 7 years of my life
>had gf's
>now bang sloots every weekend
>have a couple FWB's
>still feel empty and depressed

i need a vision quest or something. i could be a ceo 300k/yr Chad fucking supermodels and still feel like this
>>
File: 1481259568268.jpg (152KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1481259568268.jpg
152KB, 1280x1381px
>NEETdom ends tomorrow
>literally going from 2 years of NEETdom into the military
wish me luck
>>
>>34096210
Where're you going? What did you qualify for?
>>
>>34096210
Wish I weren't so out of shape so I could do that as well
>>
>>34096243
I qualified for pretty much everything I applied for except one autistically high up naval position I only filled in because I still had room. I'm going to be a welder/mechanic(joint apprenticeship between 2 trades) but still have to get through without dying.
>>
>>34096287
good luck anon. you'll find the military is surprisingly full of autists.
>>
>>34096317
At my orientation I learned that. 90% of my enrollment class was weeaboos and stealth autismos who looked like chads at first glance.
>>
File: mon.png (48KB, 450x403px) Image search: [Google]
mon.png
48KB, 450x403px
yesterday someone says that I need to give a chance to mturk.
I just send a message saying that I have autism and can't leave my room (this is real)
I'm doing right?

Also sorry for the bad english (not a native english speaker)
>>
>>34096026
>Also January/February is the best time to get hired, so start applying now.
I actually know nothing but I'm going to start and I figured it'd be good to know how to turn that into something worth a damn
Thanks anon
>>
Got an adhd diagnosis an now Adderall

It clears the fog and lifts the depression for sure. the crash is out of this fucking world though.

The few perks of having adhd-c are also gone but I'll take it over the fog and racing thoughts.

I would go for any non prescribed Adderall.
>>
>>34091679
Allright, lets get a good size from some bunny furry
>>
>>34091679
show me how big I am
>>
>>34092435
If you become better than her she will give up

so youll have to pretend to be dumber than you are at it or find something else
>>
>i got a part-time online job that is going to be soul-sucking and tedious, but at least its work.

do not buy any drugs on the regular web. adderall is the best. do your research, download tor and try peterthegreat or pharmstar for adderall on alphabay.
>>
File: y.jpg (21KB, 423x604px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
21KB, 423x604px
>>34098391
what's the job brodie
>>
>>34099442

rating ads for google through zerochaos. i've heard its horrible but at least i can make money
>>
>>34098085
Nah, I'm more worried that I'll be the dumb one
either way she's not the sort to do that, or hasn't been so far anyways
Appreciate the advice though
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.