[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Room Isolation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: static.png (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
static.png
11KB, 320x240px
Hi /r9k/

Will spending 24 hours in a totally isolated room alone with nothing other than a blanket, water and piss jugs while a video of static and harsh noise songs play continuously damage me mentally in any serious way?

Please only reply with serious answers.
Thanks.
>>
>>34091151
Kill yourself

Seriously, oregano
>>
24hours not enough to damage you
2weeks or 1month yes probably
>>
>>34091151
I think it'll just give you a headache or the feeling or disorientation.
>>
>>34091151
>thinks isolation is even remotely special

Get the fuck off this board you know nothing about being a robot.
>>
I would like to see that filmed/streamed live.
Really doubt any permanent damage if it's just a one off for 24 hours.
>>
>>34091191
Are you sure?
My worry is just the constant static and noise

>>34091203
If that's all that'll happen I'm pretty game

>>34091210
You are a very rude person t b h
Isolation while playing static and constant noise is different for me

>>34091223
I'll be streaming it
>>
>>34091264
Disorientation is pretty messed up desu, I almost screamed the other night when I woke up feeling it.
>>
>>34091264
I like noise songs but you're better off with white noise and soundproofing the place a bit, will encourage hallucinations (I guess that's what you want from this experience)
>>
>>34091151
Maybe, maybe not. The brain is more resilient than you'd think, you can come back from a lot.
>>
File: pepou.png (16KB, 515x406px) Image search: [Google]
pepou.png
16KB, 515x406px
>>34091191

humans have survived japanese prisoners camp, vietnam war, auschwitz camps, village lootings in the middle age, and natasha kampusch survived living a decade in a perv basement getting raped, i think you'll be fine

you're a faggot
you already know it though
>>
>>34091151
I have experience with isolation both from being in jail and being institutionalized
Pretty easy to jerk off for 24 hours straight. Try spending 6 weeks.
>>
>>34091264
why do you originally want to do this?
>>
>>34091288
I feel u

>>34091295
I'm planning on playing a mix of Merzbow, Grey Wolves, Genocide Organ and I'll have some Whitehouse lined up for good measure but I'm going to be playing a lot more noise artists
It's mostly a project to see what'll happen, I'm not setting out with the goal of hallucinations really

>>34091314
I suppose, I guess it ranges from person to person

>>34091480
What was the initial period like when you were fist put in isolation?
The very first time or the worst

>>34091506
Just an experience to see what'll happen I guess, I'll be livestreaming it and keeping the video
>>
>>34091540
you're just gonna be bored out of your mind and nothing will happen
>>
>>34091581
That's fine with me
>>
>>34091540
If I were you I'd recommend silence for 24 hours in a soundproof room. This will enhance the effects of isolation.

Also obviously no social contact and no tv/internet/books.

You'll be in for a bumpy ride desu
>>
>>34091581
Well maybe OP can prove you wrong. I kind of agree but also want to be proved wrong and I would think sleep deprivation is a more interesting personal experiment.
>>
>>34091615
i went 80 hours without sleeping once. started out ok but the end was horrible and had lasting effects on my personality i think
>>
>>34091682
Really? What lasting effects?
>>
>>34091691
bad ones mate
>>
>>34091705
I guess you don't want to share. But it is anonymous.
>>
>>34091322
>survived
he's not saying it would kill him you double digit IQ having faggot
>>
>>34091735
>>34091691
some messed up fetishes. just appeared out of nowhere
>>
File: tequ.jpg (30KB, 418x380px) Image search: [Google]
tequ.jpg
30KB, 418x380px
>>34091786
If a fetish is "bad" then it must be real bad.
>>
HAHAHA, Anons BTFO'd

There was a thread yesterday about if all the mental health memes were because everyone is depressed and I said it because people WANT to be mentally ill because its seen as cool with normies and now a normie is asking how he can effect his mental health.

POTTERY
>>
try one of those sensory deprivation tanks to start. it's worth it.
>>
>>34091833
If you think being mentally ill is "cool", what the fuck world are you living in man?
>>
>>34091874
Thats just it, Im saying its NOT cool, I've been on ads for the past 2 years and its hell but look at normie memes like ''XD I JUST WANT TO KILL MYSELF'' and ''WHEN YOU THINK OF SUICIDE'' with a picture of like a happy person or some shit, its all conditioning by society to make mental illness seem like a hot topic.
>>
>>34091614
I think I'd rather have the noise going, it's not for a fully specific reason but I'd quite like the music along with it
I'll have nothing but a blanket and water

>>34091615
I'll probably post the stream on r9k when I do it

>>34091833
I don't want the affect my mental health in a negative way and that's why I'm asking if there are any risks you assuming bottom feeder faggot

>>34091841
They kinda spook me
>>
>>34091922
if being in a sensory deprivation tank for 90 minutes is going to spook you then I'm not sure if being in a room with static and merzbow will be much better.
>>
>>34091908
Are you referring to those dumb pictures with the guy squatting infront of the "I have crippling depression" screen?
>>
>>34091953
It's the water that I'm not a fan of
>>
>>34091992
I thought you said you're taking in a blanket and water?
>>
>>34091961
Yeah and the ones where its like ''When someone asks you how you are'' and its like an auto correct of ''I have crippling depression and want to kill myself everyday'' and shit like that. It just makes it all seem so false.

I bet if you asked these people if theyve actually got mental illness they would say no.
>>
>>34092011
I have to drink to stay gud

Bottles mane
>>
>>34092048
Sometimes I want to show these people what real depression feels like.
>>
File: 1482185514357.jpg (63KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
1482185514357.jpg
63KB, 1024x624px
My favorite "high-time" is staying awake for at least 48 hours, then getting drunk, laying on floor while listening Dopesmoker by Sleep or Sun O))).
>>
>>34092072
EXACTLY, I bet those people arent getting increased anxiety because the ads their taking to help depression is cause ED and failed orgasms. They dont understand that its more complex than 'Lol im so sad XD gunna kill myself'
>>
>>34092103
it usually consists of little teenagers who like the "crippling depression" meme and then pretend to be depressed, it just fucking pisses me off.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.