[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here actually moved to Japan, how is it going for you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: ev410a+Aa.jpg (313KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev410a+Aa.jpg
313KB, 1280x720px
Has anyone here actually moved to Japan, how is it going for you?
>>
I lived in Japan for 4 years after college. It was as nice place to live honestly but several aspects of the culture grated on me after awhile. Mainly the work culture, I wasn't getting worked to death but I worked 6 days a week and the hours were longer than in the states. The commute was awful and the work environment just isn't that enjoyable. It is a nice place though and I find the women infinitely more tolerable but I wasn't having much fun.
>>
>>34091059
do they push foreigners into the packed, bursting subways during rushtime too? or just the jappos? always curious about that
>>
I lived there for 3 years.
Was mostly filled with bullshit, not the same as american bullshit, but still bullshit.
And no, girls don't give a shit you're white unless you're chad. So you can't score easily there.
>>
>>34091059
>>34091117
is the cost of living high?
>>
>>34091163
Depends entirely on where you live. If you live in Tokyo, which you shouldn't, it is extremely expensive. There are a lot more cheaper options though outside the city.
>>
Fuck no. The hell would I go there for?
>>
>>34091079
Yeah your race doesn't matter when you're trying to get to work.
>>
Been here for 6 years. I'll probably never move back to the US.
>>
>>34090936
Prepare for Chinese/Koreans to completely blast Japan.
Just a heads up.
>>
>>34091303
goddamn i mean you said 3 years so i'm sure you must have gotten used to it somewhat but i can't even imagine being pressed up against so many people
>>
I lived in Japan for a year as an exchange student. I enjoyed it a lot and always love going back there. Now I'm sure it would be different working there, but when you're a student you have time to enjoy life, unlike overworked salaryfags.
>>
>>34091376
i am korean american how should i feel about japs?
>>
File: 1445952256664.jpg (124KB, 996x908px)
1445952256664.jpg
124KB, 996x908px
>>34091401
You SHOULD feel grateful, they practically built Korea.

Korea's greatest President, Park Chung-hee, was a voluntary soldier in the Empire of Japan.
>>
I really want to live in Japan. At least for a while. Is that whole teaching English thing viable or a pain?

I'm not 100% robot (more cyborg really) so will I be okay and make friends? The last thing I want is to be some weird American who thinks he's Japanese. I just really like the place. I'm 23 and trying to figure out what to do with life now that I have an Associates degree. I feel like I should finish up college, but IDK
>>
>>34091567
Just be aware for some culture shock. They take hierarchy quite seriously, for one, but as a foreigner they'll most likely over-look it for you.
>>
>>34091567
You need a degree to teach English. If you don't have one, the best you can do is try to get shady jobs in places like China or Vietnam.
>>
>>34091567
Just say you want to go on a sex vacation to Japan.

"Teaching English" is the lamest excuse ever.
>>
>white males in Asia

grossest thing ever. you just know they are losers back home and are being pedos in a foreign country creeping on asian girls.
>>
>>34092036
Niggers and shitskins go there specifically to peddle drugs and pimp out whores yet you're triggered by honest white men getting some pussy fair and square?
>>
>>34092120
Mate, Japan wouldn't even let The Beatles in because they did weed.
I don't even think they had it on them, just having a record is enough even if your bigger than Jesus.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.