[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a question for you guys. So I have a female friend that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.gif (1MB, 540x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 540x200px
I got a question for you guys. So I have a female friend that I'm decently close with and even have confessed feelings for (rejected but water under the bridge). And recently I've been feeling as if we've been getting a little further apart. So I'm thinking of asking her to go see La La Land (which she knows wouldn't be a date thing cuz we've already went to the theatre twice before) this weekend, but I'm still not sure. I've seen it (and loved it) and she hasn't even though she's a huge musical/theatre buff. Sounds like the perfect excuse to hang out. But I'm still not very confident about it. What do?
>>
sure, tbqh women never assume its a date unless you specifically spell it out so dont worry about it

ur a fag for liking musicals tho
>>
>>34079898
I only like good musicals
>>
File: IMG_4940.jpg (74KB, 750x685px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4940.jpg
74KB, 750x685px
>>34079858
I was in your literal exact same position.

It didn't work too well for me but if she likes musicals (and there's already a precedent for it) you should be in the clear.

Also I fucking loved the movie, but damn does that second act fucking drag. From Audition onwards it's great (that epilogue scene tho) but I'd have loved to see more numbers like A Lovely Night.
>>
>>34079858

>La La Land
>I've seen it (and loved it)

This is a girl we're talking about, right?
>>
>>34080049
Alright. I'll ask. Thanks. Also I didn't really think it dragged on too much. While I do wish the movie had more numbers, I understood that it was the point of the film to barely have any in the second half. Honestly it's the best film I've seen all year.
>>
>>34080103
>anon likes a musical
>that MUST mean he's a gay or a woman
C'mon, anon. It is the current year.
>>
>>34080134
>he hasn't seen Swiss Army Man
>he hasn't seen Everybody Wants Some
>he hasn't seen The Nice Guys
>he hasn't seen Green Room
>he hasn't seen The Neon Demon

In all seriousness I get that that was the point but it just...it didn't sit well with me. I did love the movie though, it's in top 10 of that year.
>>
>>34080247
I did see Nice Guys. Funniest movie in years.
>>
File: IMG_0813.gif (1MB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0813.gif
1MB, 600x450px
>>34080103
>working Box Office
>older couple comes up
>wife is really excited
>husband is decidedly less so
>I tell them "Oh, it's really good, I loved it."
>Husband asks: "Seriously? You're not gay, are you?"

REEEEEEEEE WHY CAN'T I FUCKING LIKE SONG AND DANCE WITHOUT MY MASCULINITY BEING CALLED INTO QUESTION
>>
>>34080278
Fuckin' A. Gets better on rewatches imo.

Also Hardcore Henry (for what little story it had) was fucking superb
>>
>>34080334
I should check that one out. Didn't seem to appeal to me at first but I never really forgot about it and now want to see it.
>>
>>34080305
Luckily my friend group is filled with theatre fanatics and gays and women so I get no discrimination for liking a musical.
>>
>>34080362
It's pretty great. The director also did a video for The Weeknd and it's basically a Payday fan film

https://youtu.be/CW5oGRx9CLM
>>
>>34080391
>see it with some friends of mine
>one's gay and brought his bf
>informs me that before he left he was talking to some friends of his
>"What are you and your straight friends seeing?"
>"idk some musical"

That was amusing at the time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.