[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Is It

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

File: Mr Robot.jpg (4KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Robot.jpg
4KB, 245x250px
>be me
>always want to go to a good college like MIT or Stanford for computer science
>applied
>got accepted to none of them, not even the backup college I applied to
>my gpa was a 4.00, and my ACT 34, plus i did community hours (which were hell), and i did a sport (i just sat around, but i did it)

i have never been pushed to the edge so hard like this. my whole life has been hellish, but to see all of the doors close right in front of you is just a killer

What do I do guys? An hero? Just sit here and wait for starvation to take me?
>>
>>34078870

Apply to more colleges next year and work/take CC classes in the meantime. You don't need to go to one of those schools to be successful.
>>
>>34078870
Go to Berkeley like the other Stanford and MIT rejects. That's what I did.
>>
>>34078870
Go into a military college. Went into US merchant marine academy, only 10k per year, good qualifications afterwards, and ability to join the navy as a commissioned officer after college. Need approval from a congressman from your state tho, which can be difficult

Don't give up hope OP
>>
Go to a flagship state university

It's all the same shit for undergrad
>>
You applied to only two schools that have something like 10 qualified applicants for every spot and get upset at not making it in? Its literally a lottery past a certain threshold.

Just apply to a decent state school like U of Michigan, Berkeley, or U of Illinois, and do some internships.

Also, get off my board you child.
>>
>>34078870
You are not a nigger, that's why
>>
>>34078985
I didn't apply to only two. Those were just ones I wanted to go to ever since I was a kid.
>>
>>34078985
>decent

Those are great schools though
>>
>>34078870

go to a state univeristy
>>
>>34079001
What's your official list then?

What are your offers?
>>
>>34079001
So are you also sad that you'll never be an astronaut or a famous musician?
>>
>got accepted to stanford MS but not PhD
fuck this shit, I don't have the money to pay for that shit :3
>>
>>34078870
Plenty of successful people didn't go to the best colleges out there. The cost of an education by no means determines its quality, If you can prove to be the best at your job, you will be picked over MIT and Harvard graduates everytime.
>>
>>34079039
MIT
Stanford
Berkley
U of Austin Texas
>>
>>34079075
MS/A degrees are cash cows, duh. Try to get your employer to pay.
>>
File: IMG_1450.jpg (19KB, 302x329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1450.jpg
19KB, 302x329px
>not going to Oklahoma Panhandle State University for $1,200 a year

You're all out of your mind
>>
>>34078870
The problem is you didn't have a "donation" placed, gotta grease the wheels to get into top tier when the slots are about gone. Just go to another school and act like its the one you wanted all along.
>>
>>34078870
That's what you get for being a CIS white male, shitlord
>>
File: conan-o-brien-happy-giddy.gif (290KB, 300x137px) Image search: [Google]
conan-o-brien-happy-giddy.gif
290KB, 300x137px
>>34079111
I already got in a really good phd with funding
who
>actually academically successful in an engineering discipline
here?
>>
>>34078870
Was your gpa 4.00 weighted or unweighted?
>>
File: 1483078227484.jpg (132KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1483078227484.jpg
132KB, 640x559px
>>34079100
Rejected from Berkeley huh?
>>
>>34079147
I went to a top school for EECS but do not hold a degree.
>>
You niggas act like it's easy to get into Berkeley

UCLA is just as hard
>>
File: DARKENED JUST.png (790KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
DARKENED JUST.png
790KB, 792x792px
Guys, everyone is saying to go to another college, but is it even worth it anymore?

Getting a degree at some shitty place like Kent State or something just makes me want to shoot myself even more.

I truly hate this world.
Ever since I was born, nothing has ever been in my odds. Always fucking back against the wind, odds determined before I even got a chance.

I just want the pain in my life to stop. Can't I just get a break for once?
Having no girlfriend ever, and being a KHHV is bad enough.

BUT COME ONNNNNNNNNNN.
>>
>>34079284
mit and stanford are literally the best two schools on this fuckin planet
it is ridiculous to feel upset that you did not get into them
the other schools are still very good
>>
>>34079284
What job are you aiming for, and do you need to go to MIT for it?
>>
>>34078870
Ha ha ha.

How white, male, and heterosexual are you?
>>
>>34078953
ayyy nigga, USNA here.

Not sure if that's a great idea though considering the absolute hell I went through to get in. It's like 7% acceptance here but idk what it is for king's point
>>
>wanting to be an MIT nigger

It's like you want to be brainwashed by the CIA.
>>
>>34078870
MIT, Standford, etc. are all meme colleges. If you actually know your shit and are an innovator in your field, then the college you studied at is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>34079404
I was going for a penetration tester, or basically a guy that gets paid to hack companies and find flaws in their software/setup. That, or work for the government doing something similar.

I don't 100% need to go to MIT for that, but I probably won't be able to do either now.

I honestly have no idea what to do with my life now.
>>
>>34079284

Dude nobody gives a fuck where you went to college. It might be a little easier to get a job with a degree from a top school but if you're as smart as your grades/scores suggest then you should do just fine at a state school. There's TONS of people going to 2nd and 3rd tier schools who work at top firms making 100k+ their first year out of college.
>>
>>34079147
I made the mistake of trying to take premed courses on top of an engineering load for 2 years. I never really recovered from that despite my last 2 years being good.
>>
If you're already motivated enough to maintain a 4.0, do community service, """play""" a sport, and jump through all those other hoops, just sharpen your coding skills on your own m8.

Then, go to the Valley like all the other CS autists and make a hokrillionaire internet dogecoin startup or whatever ponzi scheme is the flavor of the month right now.

THEN, use your filthy lucre to ruthlessly hunt down and torture the admissions deans who denied you your dreams.

The only con worth playing is the long con, my young robot friend. The only con worth playing is the long con.
>>
>got accepted to none of them, not even the backup college I applied to
>the backup college
>the

you applied to 3 schools? whut?

i applied to 9 schools m8, gotta cast a wide net if you're shooting for top schools

apply late to any and every shitty state school you can find. you can always go to a top school for grad school
>>
>>34079284
CS isn't like business where if you go to a non-ivy you might as well kill yourself, the school doesn't matter that much in CS. spend your college years developing your own projects and a portfolio and you'll be good
>>
>>34078870
>>34079284

My grandpa's niece went to MIT.

What does that make her to me? LOL.

Anyway, she died a poor spinster after living in a rented room for years . Her company's division and her job got outsourced before that happened.

Just saying. Go to Chico State if you dont want to be a khv anymore.
>>
>>34079284
The origin of your degree is a fucking jewish meme. As long as the school is accredited, you're fine dude
>>
>>34079284
You sound like a child the anons in this thread are giving you very sound advice ethier take it or fuck off
>>
>>34078870
Realize that you're screwed without connections.
>>
>>34078870
Your mistake was not applying as a blackie, beaner, or other minority group.

In this day and age of liberal political correctness, who are they to say you aren't black or hispanic? All that matters is that you "identify" as one of these groups.
>>
>>34079100
I can understand being rejected from all of those except UT Austin. Anyway, you fucked up.

You apply to some dream schools. In your case, MIT and Stanford.

You apply to some reach schools. In your case, Berkeley and UT Austin.

Then you apply to some match schools. Based on what you told us, I'd say U Michigan, UW Madison, UVA, U Washington, UCLA, Indiana University... all the good, big state schools.

Then you apply to some safety schools:
U Mass Amherst, UVM, your local college...
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-04-22-45-37.png (809KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-04-22-45-37.png
809KB, 800x1280px
I used to be like Op between ages 19-21. Looking forward to the future and all that goodie good shit.

I am homeless in my car now. Age 24. 25 in april. Born under the star god aries and under the Orion hunter constallation.

I shower at the gym.
Chill all day.
Work 2 jobs because fuck it. Im bored so more money.
I sleep in my car.

No rent or bills. I left everything behind in Texas. I am at Washington state. Its an awesome and happy lifrstyle. I love it. 3 years homeless now. I am happy.

Thousands of dollars$ in my bank account.

Pic is me. Cold as fuck. I am ok. Dont talk to anyone. Dont make friends with anyone.
>>
>>34079739
Did you have to leave home? Why not just live at home and save even more?

Sleeping in a car sounds like shit. I love my comfy bed.
>>
>>34078949
Stupid, your backup must not have been really a backup. No State college regets a 4.0.
>>
>>34079775
>>34078949
Did not mean to reply to you, my bad.
>>
>>34079681
>UCLA
>Match

Lol. It's slightly less hard than getting into Berkeley.
>>
>>34078870

> Not applying to 15 schools
> Being an Asian Male
>>
>>34079765
I left home because there was nothing for me at home.
>>
>>34078870
Are you white? Because you weren't let in because you were white.

Gotta make room for Jimmal, anon.
>>
>>34079800
>t. Person who got rejected from ucla
>>
I dropped out of high school after years of poverty and depression and deaths and homelessness. I have no future. Literally all you have to do is apply to more universities. I'm fucked for good.
>>
>>34079836
Op is just a sad wittle snowflake.Tge fucker has a 4.0 yet hes crying like its the end of the world.Poor baby how does he cope?
>>
>>34078870
?
You need to be Jewish or Black and have those scores whitey
>>
>>34079822
If there was nothing, then why did you leave?

You're just a mentally ill vegabond then.
>>
Do a barrel roll muh niggah
>>
>>34079804
>60 dollars per college application
Lmao
>>
File: 1449786122600.jpg (6KB, 89x120px) Image search: [Google]
1449786122600.jpg
6KB, 89x120px
Your college really doesnt matter.

Its your personality. You dont have to be a chad, you dont have to be handsome (those do help though). Just be positive and work on your people skills.

I literally barely graduated from high school. 1.8 GPA.

Only had a 28 ACT.

Applied to one shitty public university because an acquaintance. Got accepted because the football coach wanted me to play (No scholarship/D3)

Studied bio and art. Decent grades.

Today Im 3 years into a analyst career at a fortune 500. Faked it till I made it. Its honestly all because I didnt fuck up too hard and because I am really really positive in my day to day interactions.

*Also took a ton of public speaking courses in college since I could

I mean, yeah I wish I tried harder in highschool. I probably could have gone to some crazy nice school and ended up on some stupid wallstreet firm, but Im happy with where Im at.
>>
>>34078870
>No music
>no arts whatsoever
real shame.
>>
>>34079913
I just want to save alot of money and be self dependant. I luve and take care of myself.

I am the only one who can say that here. Folks
>>
>>34079949
> Before you say anything about playing football, I quit as soon as I got accepted since there was no scholarship to take away.
>>
>>34078870
Apply in second year, nobody applies in second year.
>>
File: 1451955673886.jpg (19KB, 236x284px) Image search: [Google]
1451955673886.jpg
19KB, 236x284px
>>34078870
>Another Anon was dumb enough to actually take High School Seriously Story
You probably wasted what could've been the most enjoyable years of your life, being a little try hard faggot.

What did you honestly expect? Did you really think you were the one in a million that could get a 4.0 and a 34. No tons of kids get a 4.0, and 30's. I personally know 2 people from my school, that made a 30, and multiple people that had 4.0's. And my school was rundown and poor as shit. Hell my fucking cousin had a 4.0 and a 33 ACT score. Are you honestly so delusional? Just goes to show, that having good grades doesn't mean shit, and you're just as if not more retarded than the average student.

In fact all the people I knew with those type of Grades, didn't do shit. The only bright one went into Military and the rest just went to the same bullshit University that all the C, D students "magically" got into.

By the way you're never getting into those schools, Especially if you're white or Asian. All those kids are above exceptional and they've either gotten recommendations from credible people, or are some form of Minority. All of which have proven themselves in some sort.

Basically what I'm saying here is that you're fucking retarded. How did you even take such a redundant curriculum seriously? I mean majority of the work and credit was just copying out of a book, and memorizing some useless shit that you've already forgotten. Did you really think that copying shit from a book like a retard better than all of the other retards copying out of books, was going to get you into one of the best schools in the entire western world. Top fucking Kek, Literally Memes. This just confirms my theory that all Honor Roll students are just delusional tryhards. Most of which aren't even smart enough to use fundamental logic. Hell I had shit grades and Even I could tell you that wasn't going to be enough to get in. That just seems like common sense to most people.
>>
Just go to a decent state school, you don't need one of those elite schools to get a good job with a compsci degree.
>>
>>34078870
Are you white or asian?

Because that literally explains it. Universities actively discriminate against asians especially because they over achieve. Affirmative action and quotas are fucking bullshit m8.

Sorry,

If you're losing your mind over that shit I'd suggest finding a ton of online material that is BOUND to exist. Go to your local libraries or university libraries to find the physical instructions and material.

Teach yourself if you really give a shit and you'll save yourself money and perhaps be able to start your own business. If you get a good rep for designing, for coding, or for fixing shit you'll do fine.
>>
>>34080131

Don't forget to never vote Democrat if you're an asian or white male.
>>
File: IMG_7124.jpg (99KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7124.jpg
99KB, 720x960px
>>34080078
>The only bright one went into Military
this.
The military is pretty much the only half-decent place for beta white guys now. If you're smart enough for ROTC/OCS or even a military academy (like >>34078953 and >>34079420) then take the opportunity. Otherwise you're fucked.
>>
>>34080196
Top kek, The Only bright one was a black guy named Zaine, with a 30 on his ACT, because that fucker guessed and got Lucky. and he get's deployed to Japan. FUCKING JAPAN. in 2 years. And I'm actually kind of Jealous, he's growing out his Dreads now, so he can score some Asian Tang, some Tang Puss, some Gooky Smooky. Kool dude, All He does is smoke weed everyday and plays basketball, because he's already been through Basic Training, and all the other bullshit. He's only 19.

The rest of the Honor Roll Cucks, just went full retard and didn't even get scholarships, some didn't even go to a normie state college, which made me question their intelligence even more. I know this one girl with a 2.7 GPA, and a 19 on her ACT and I bullshit you not, when I say she got accepted to Alabama University on her first application. Mean while these Honor Cucks with their "muh intelligence, and muh 4.0" went to the same bullshit state colleges that the retards with a 1.5 GPA transferred to from their 2 years at community college, and the real irony is that those same kids with the lower GPA's will be the ones paying less for school
>>
>>34079442
terry pls go
>>
>>34080468
>he's growing out his Dreads now, so he can score some Asian Tang, some Tang Puss, some Gooky Smooky
That's a sin.
>>
>>34079284
you're not a special snowflake, you need to get that into your head.

go to a state school, preferably in-state so you don't have 120k in loans.

you'll find that as smart as you think you are, most of your peers will be smarter than you. accept the fact that even with a 4.0 you're still average in today's market.

do well, you'll get a good job, live a happy life. that's the best you can ask for.

you probably won't work at google or amazon but working at those places completely fucking sucks from what I hear.

at google they have software engineers processing the dmca youtube take downs and at amazon you are treated like a muslim woman and basically aren't allowed to stop working. fuck that shit, normal jobs and normal schools are the way to go.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.