[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me about becoming a famous musician

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: BjRLgU6CMAAxfQ1.jpg (69KB, 599x415px) Image search: [Google]
BjRLgU6CMAAxfQ1.jpg
69KB, 599x415px
Redpill me about becoming a famous musician
>>
you will never become a famous musician, ever
>>
>>34078385
what genre?
mabey record an album of covers of songs you know well.
>>
>>34078391
That wasn't my question
>>
>>34078385
Don't worry about being famous, just worry about making as many people as possible smile with your music. If you're good at what you do, the rest will follow.
>>
Are there real pics of kurts suicide
>>
>>34078385

>do drugs
>have a deep seated hate for yourself
>practice
>>
>>34078385

It's a job like any other, and like any other job you need skills and connections to make it big. Famous musicians have a mix of being lucky (born with good looks, made the right music at the right time, got the proper attention from the right people) and talent is only a part of their success. 90% of pop music is overrated anyway and is made purely for commercial reasons.

If you're thinking of being a famous musician, it definitely won't work. You definitely don't have the skills to pull it off even if you're half decent at your instrument. The best you can do is mildly popular internet cult act, but even then you'll probably fuck it up, make shit, and end up embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>34078385
After one or two albums you'll notice that your songs are too polished and commercialized
>>
>>34078385
You can become a professional musician but "famous" nowadays is a retarded qualifier because of the internet.
>>
File: IMG_4940.png (12KB, 169x128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4940.png
12KB, 169x128px
>>34078385
You have to make whatever is mainstream, or make something that isn't so mainstream, yet still accessible, so the majority of the population can understand it.
You have to hide the fact that you're a robot. You NEED a personality to be famous. You NEED to be socible and talk A LOT to A LOT of people.
You don't have to write a lot of songs, but make sure they're catchy and that you shill as much as possible.
Make to shill a lot. The only reason anybody bought dj kaled's shitty "music" was because he shilled like hell on normie social media.
Make sure to be preforming when you're not writing or recording. If people like your music, they want to see you live. Nick Drake never got much of a following because he never preformed live, despite having good songs. He was a robot. If you're a robot this will be very fucking hard for you to achieve, but follow these steps and you will at least get some sort of a following.
>>
>>34078693
>because he never preformed live,

No he did perform live many times, it's just that normies didn't like his music and it scared him from playing too often.

>Two months later, he opened for Fairport Convention at the Royal Festival Hall in London, followed by appearances at folk clubs in Birmingham and Hull. Remembering the performance in Hull, folk singer Michael Chapman commented:
>The folkies did not take to him; [they] wanted songs with choruses. They completely missed the point. He didn't say a word the entire evening. It was actually quite painful to watch. I don't know what the audience expected, I mean, they must have known they weren't going to get sea-shanties and sing-alongs at a Nick Drake gig![29]
>>
File: FPBP.jpg (181KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
FPBP.jpg
181KB, 800x850px
>>34078443

That's the redpill though. You probably suck at music and even if you're talented, you also need to be charismatic and really really ridiculously good-looking. You're not. Even if you were, you probably still don't have the connections to get a record deal with Moishe Circumcisionbergblattstein Records anyway and you will be poor your whole life.
>>
>>34078385
You can't do it like Kurt did. He was a robot before it became "popular" and people started hating it
>>
>>34079294
a "robot" manlet who was addicted to heroin and had a turbo-roastie wife. very "robot"
>>
>>34079272
I could be a sassy 17 year old punk girl with a tight body and loose morals bit until then ya just projecting
>>
>>34078385
>Redpill me about becoming a famous musician

Significantly decreased life expectancy.
>>
>>34078798
Well he didn't do it a lot, which still proves my point.
>>
>>34079272
>>34078391

/thread

OP is just an le edgy kurt cobain XD dick licker
>>
>>34079449
How come, anon? I'm honestly interested to hear your thoughts.
>>
>>34079505
If you have to ask you have to be underage.
>>
>>34079360
>I could be a sassy 17 year old punk girl with a tight body and loose morals

Every high school in America has 27 of those. Whatever you are, you're nothing special.
>>
>>34078385
I have attempted to start up 11 bands at this point. Nobody I find is consistent enough in showing up for band practice or practices enough. When we do practice, no music is written due to everybody's lack of decision making or too many different ideas, but nobody wants to sacrifice their idea.

Think of how many bands must've failed for one to rise to the top. Hundreds? Thousands perhaps? You can start a band, but think realistically.

Do you really think that your band will have the skill, commitment, determination, and luck needed to rise above all the others and not become one of those failed bands? If you do, how long so you think it'll last before you potentially sell out for a mainstream sound? What will you do after your fame has subsided? Musicians depression is a real thing after touring. All these fans calling your name, cheering at your solo, and now you are barely remembered.

Is it worth it?
>>
File: fender_jazzmaster_1961_full_1.jpg (113KB, 1080x677px) Image search: [Google]
fender_jazzmaster_1961_full_1.jpg
113KB, 1080x677px
>>34080775
This.

The people I've jammed with before have always played metalcore kind of music while I'm wanting to play blues rock/noise rock/hard rock. Granted I'm guilty of playing riffs that sound like metalcore but I try not to do that because I'm not a fan of that genre.

Maybe I'm just not finding the right people though. Who knows.
>>
>>34081204
>I'm wanting to play blues rock/noise rock/hard rock
>jamming with metalcore
>mememaster
dude graduate from high school or college lmao and then you might be able to become famous haha
>>
>>34078520
FUCKING THIS

OREGANOlado
>>
You don't want to be famous. Trust me.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.