[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does watching anime turn you into a socially isolated loser?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: Sitting2.jpg (318KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sitting2.jpg
318KB, 1280x720px
Does watching anime turn you into a socially isolated loser? Do you feel like your life would have turned out better if you invested less time into anime?
>>
>>34077383
1. I don't doubt that it's a factor
2. I was a loser before I saw my first aminey
>>
>>34077383
the internet turned me into a loser.

thanks for reminding me
>>
Nope, the only anime I watched growing up was whatever was on Toonami, but even normalfags did that. Being ugly turned me into a socially isolated loser.
>>
>>34077383
No, i turned to anime because I'm a socially isolated loser.
>>
>>34077383
My cousin was the one to introduce me to anime and he was the Chadest Chad of them all. So no, I highly doubt my life would be better if I never got into anime.
>>
I watch anime and have a girlfriend with whom I am sexually active and watch anime with.
>>
>>34077383
Anime is just an escape mechanism, I was a failure since birth.
>>
>>34077383
I was a socially isolated loser before I started watching anime.
>>
>>34077383
Watching anime is other handly 'cool'

But i couldn't enjoyed them (aka. /a/ or other anime club bullshit) because not hardcore weeb

Go for it do you want get a weeb friend ,fill your room with amazing stuff
>>
tbqh it probably did, I got so invested into anime/manga during middle school that I stopped leaving my house completely (before this I had a bunch of friends) and stopped feeling the need to contact people, this snowballed into complete social isolation in high school
>>
Anime saved me when I was a depressed teenager. All the shounen I watched made me start going to the gym. I'd currently be a fat loser if not for anime. Going to the gym gave me more confidence in myself and made me not give a shit about what people think; so what people disprove of your weeb hobbies? There's no point in investing your time into assholes who don't care about you, you've only got one life. Live it on your own terms, don't lie to yourself about what you like. Don't be someone you're not just cause society tells you it makes you a loser. In the end, you're only a loser if you think so in your own mind.
>>
File: 1481256058177.png (480KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481256058177.png
480KB, 640x480px
>tfw didn't even watch much anime and still turned out to be a loser
video games were a mistake.
>>
Anime got me the only gf I had so I think I'd be even worse off without it
I'd probably just be a D&D guy
>>
File: 1455389087119.jpg (145KB, 624x950px) Image search: [Google]
1455389087119.jpg
145KB, 624x950px
>>34078921
>ywn play D&D with your old gaming group ever again

they all got jobs and shit and never had the time anymore. Probably didn't help that only one of us could DM worth a shit.
>>
Only if its not mecha anime.
>>
>>34077383
Anime isn't the problem, its you.
>>
The problem about this and video games is the time we spend on these '' hobbies'' Because TF2 I left high school I was addicted to trade... It's about not getting obsessed with anything and do it maybe 1 2 hours at most a day and some days don't even touch him. Hugs from Mexico fucking fag
>>
File: 1483606833308.jpg (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483606833308.jpg
45KB, 720x720px
>>34077383
>Do you feel like your life would have turned out better if you invested less time into anime?
The exact opposite really, I had no friends or life long before I got into anime. Anime unironically got me over the trap that are disgusting 3dpd, gave me something to look forward to and a fellow community of autists (some of who are way worse off then me) online to talk to.
>>
File: sakura.jpg (55KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
sakura.jpg
55KB, 480x480px
>>34077383
No, I was already an isolated loser before I started watching it. Watching anime makes me more happy than anything else, so I'm glad I found it.
>>
It fucked me up beyond repair. Now I just sit around all day and work on my Pokemon fan game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByjoglNGnZA
>>
I already was fucked before animu
>>
File: 1399538562818.png (255KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1399538562818.png
255KB, 500x375px
Anime actually helped me

>Do you feel like your life would have turned out better if you invested less time into anime?
>1995
dad buys me a bootleg Mario movie from Japan
>enthralled
>1996
>discover Jrpgs and anime, I generally like these because of the monster heroes and bots more than anything

>2000
>12 years old
>notice almost every game hit game title was coming from japan
>start studying Japanese on my own
>practice drawing because I am was inspired by these game
>go to college in 2006,
>see weeaboos for the first time and I was horrified
> I avoid them and wow the japanese class with my knowledge of the language

>have a good drawing group throughout college and graduate second in my class

>years later I have worked in Japan for a mobile company
>worked for a USA subsidiary of a Major Japanese game company before they shut down last year

Moral of the story is Anime won't ruin your life, just don't fall into complacency, don't watch moe horseshit and take the lessons from anime.

People might say shonen is shit, but the never give up attitudes of the heroes is dead on.
>>
>>34081131
Tbh I'm pretty sure I would have offed myself I didn't watch TTGL. I got /fit/ and got a hobby which I was pretty good at thanks to that show. Shonen is the male equivalent to all that "love live laugh" shit for women you see on Tumblr. It's cheesy as fuck and is directed at literal children and man children but it does help if you fall into one of those. I'm still a manchild. I just hide it a bit better.
>>
>>34081190
yeah man.....
We are all boys at heart. everyone loves a story with cool monsters, interesting characters and specials right?

Tbh man, I really don't know what I would have done if I wasn't influenced by anime,.
>>
File: 1462124620927.png (169KB, 363x270px) Image search: [Google]
1462124620927.png
169KB, 363x270px
>>34081131
>don't watch moe horseshit
....well fuck
>>
Anime definitely has a stigma attached to it but as far as affecting your ability to socialize it's got no more/less impact that any other form of media.
>>
>>34081840
shit is disgusting and made for perverts.
>>
>>34083218
>I wanna watch cute girls doing cute things
>"fucking disgusting pervert!"

whats the world coming to
>>
>>34083270
honestly who would want to?
Girly shit is boring as fuck.
How about some real man shit like following one's ambitions, working hard, and beating people's asses.
>>
>>34077383
no. when i was younger and more retarded, i would absorb the autism from the animes and it would shine through my personality. i think its a trait in the young spergs. once you grow older and the things you consume dont have as much of an effect on your personality anymore, then it wont matter. as long as youre normie passing or play it safe and become as boring as you can be to strangers, it wont matter whether or not you watch anime. i started back up again. unlike before im not interested in merch or anything. i think it depends how much it shows for it to actually affect your social life.
>>
>>34083324
that's true for all children desu. they do impersonations of every thing they watch, anime ones simply seem out of place because no one knows wtf it is.
>>
I didn't even start watching anime until I was 16

I always knew about it and liked Pokemon/4kids dubs when I was 6 but never went beyond. I thought adult swim anime was gay because it meant less family guy but never actually watched it.
>>
>>34083307
>>How about some real man shit like following one's ambitions, working hard, and beating people's asses.
honestly who would want to?
Manly shit is boring as fuck.
>>
>>34077383
Nah, I don't think anime has made much difference except that I wish life was something much better so I'm bound to be disappointed. Same with the waifufags. 4chan on the other hand...
>>
watching socially isolated loser turns you into a anime
>>
>>34084852
Can confirm, I've been lurking for a while and I'm now posting from the 2D realm. It's not all good though, I just got hit because someone naked fell on me. How was I to blame?
>>
>>34084615
Don't contradict me.
Slice of life is horrible; live your damn life instead of wishing you were the self insert male in a harem anime.

Do tell me, what is actually appealing about these series.
>>
Anime didn't make me a loser or socially isolated, but it did ruin real women and relationships for me, and because of that I don't socialize as much as I might because 90% of social occasions are all about trying to meet women.

I used to go out with friends and stuff but it's no fun because all they ever do is try to push me into hitting on women and I have no interest in that.
>>
>>34077383
I was already socially isolated loser, if anything anime has improved my life.
>>
>grow up in asian-dominated town
>anime has made me more friends than it has prevented
feels good
>>
I did at pretty good job at becoming a loser without ever being into anime. I think it's more that people who or socially isolated for whatever reason turn to media and escapism to cope. For many people that's anime. For me it's video games, movies, and 4chan.
>>
>>34077383
No, it's usually a consequence of being one along with browsing the internet too much or playing videogames too much
>>
File: lifesuxdropout.jpg (56KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
lifesuxdropout.jpg
56KB, 600x800px
>>34077563
>Being ugly turned me into a socially isolated loser.

This.

If you're an ugly male just give up desu
>>
File: IMG_4724.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4724.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Maybe.
But it helps me to get over harsh reality.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.