[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you had $250.000 how would you invest it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: money.jpg (304KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
304KB, 1024x658px
if you had $250.000 how would you invest it?
>>
>>34077303
Bet it all on red
>>
>invest
>kek
i'll probably just take a page from this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvE84AGMWpE
>>
>>34077303
I'm an investing dummy and would throw it into my low % savings account to slowly get a few dollars every month
>>
$250? I'll buy a roomba or something I guess
>>
>>34077303
>250 dollars

Fuck am I gonna do with that? Do you mean $250,000, you eurofag?
>>
File: image.jpg (418KB, 1836x1151px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
418KB, 1836x1151px
>>34077303
Get me some fucking Russian bonds and American infrastructure bonds
>>
>>34077303
Coca Cola, Microsoft, Google and a house near some chad university to rent out to chads with chad parents earning more money than they know what to do with.
>>
>>34077338
how much a month would i get?
>>34077366
yea thousand, and worse, a leaf
>>34077372
are bonds like stocks?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (24KB, 517x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
24KB, 517x800px
>>34077303
I'd couple it with the money I already have in the bank and use it to pay my rent in advance, that way I can break even this month without going into overdraft and have a little leeway for next month's rent while I look for a second job.
>>
buy gold and silver and hide it from tax collectors

live like a poor and splurge when needed

give 10% to local food bank for good with God
>>
>>34077303
I would buy a very big gun and shoot a big hole in my head
In my will I'd have the money be distributed to some cool anons/friends
>>
>>34077303
Buy an ok 1 bedroom house and rent it out.
Use it as a cheap backup if I ever become homeless.
>>
Pay off student loans then invest in an aassortment of ETFs

Even at a 4% yield that still equates to $7500-$10,000 a year, more than enough to live off of in a cheap country.
>>
>>34077366
>$250,000, you eurofag?
>eurofag
What are you retarded?
>>
>>34077303
>>34077303
Pay for college and invest it all in expensive stocks
>>
Dividend and income funds. Fuck this capital gains shit, I don't want to have to sell my shares to get paid.
>>
>>34077303
AMD, WLL, GLUU
>>
>>34077742
>Not investing in stocks with high potential for growth AND solid dividends
>>
>>34077303

Blackjack.

Bitcoin.
>>
>>34077790
Yeah, I don't really know what would be a good investment at $250.
>>
>>34077776
no quints for you.

the problem with that is that once you're in growth stock territory the price/earnings goes up, as all the capital-gains chasers start buying it. Which drives down the dividend yield, and makes it less and less likely that the expected growth will materialize, since the stock is already expensive.

And if you got in on the ground floor and the stock is way up, you still have the same problem as the one I originally complained about, you have to sell your shares if you want the money. If you elect not to it might well just sink right back down again.
>>
>>34077372

you realize bonds are purchased in $1000 units? Are you retarded boy?
>>
>>34077900
You realize OP meant two hundred fifty thousand, he's just from one of those silly countries that swap the decimal point and the comma in numbers. Are you retarded, boy?
>>
>>34077303
Make a credit card payment
>>
In another country for citizenship
>>
>>34077328
This nigga knows the score
>>
I'd fuck your mom 500,000 times.
>>
>>34077681
>$7500/year is enough to live on

What shit country are you from? Colombia?
>>
Move to Czech Republic
>>
i'd pay off my student loan debt and put the rest into a bank
>>
>>34077414
>how much a month would i get?
from a few hundred dollars you'd probably get a few cents unless you put it in a cd

desu with just 250 dollars i'd pocket it for expenses or gamble it. buy a roll of scratch off tickets.
>>
File: 1438463188073.jpg (343KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1438463188073.jpg
343KB, 1800x1200px
>>34077303
>65k on student loans
>25k rainy day fund
>10k on BJJ
>100k down payment on house
>10k to autism charity
>10k in some kind of portfolio

That's where I get lost. I'd have 30k left. I don't have any long term financial goals. Nobody would bother me as I jerked off in my own dinky little home because no debt collectors would ever get to talk to me. I'd try and find a way to make the last bit of the money become passive income. I'd still have to work to be able to sustain myself though, so that's kind of meh.
>>
I'd pay off the $29,000 I owe in student loans, the $5,000 I owe the bank, and then buy a motorcycle for $10,000. With $6,000, I'd take a trip around Africa or South Asia.

The remaining $150,000 would go in an interest-bearing bank account. I probably wouldn't earn enough to make it worth it, but I'm not trained in finance or investments. After I graduate and start earning on my own, I might hire somebody to help me make sound decisions.
>>
>>34077303
ethereum

oregano
>>
post in /biz/ they should give better answers
>>
>>34079167
oh lol who uses fucking . and not , for 250k, i thought you meant 250$ total
I suppose I'd hire an accountant to figure out what I need to pay into taxes and what I'd have left after.
Then I'd start working on one of my business ideas.
>>
>>34077303
Real estate, commercial property in a downtown area that might be gentrified soon, or a large tract of land that would eventually become a suburb.
>>
>>34079217

I like your list, anon, but what if you just invested the entire thing. If you had just a marginal rate of return in the stock market your $250,000 would be worth $1,000,000 in just under twenty years without ever even investing another dime.
>>
>>34077303
I would invest it in cocaine, and it would go right up my nose. I may have a drug problem.
>>
Tesco and Verzion.
>>
>>34079390
I imagine there'd be some sort of tax associated with stock market investments as opposed to the tax credits that mortgages, charity and student loan interest provide. It also sounds like a slow return that wouldn't be sustainable especially if I want extravagances such as inviting people over to my house and/or recreationally use legal drugs. My parents really don't appreciate loud noise. It would be especially problematic if I found some sort of purpose that would cost more than 1M dollars to affect.

The money moustache guy said something to the effect of "If you have 25x the amount that you spend in a year, you have enough money to be financially independent. If my major purchases are settled by the 250k, then I wouldn't have to work very long (with a prestigious degree in a stimulating STEM field) in order to get that much. Either that, or I need to be working to fund some sort of higher purpose that falls in front of me.
>>
Hormones, probably Estrofemme, Cyproterone, and Dutasteride. Put some away for future surgeries. Pay off student debt and credit card debt. Down payment of a condo.
>>
File: high-pants-81.jpg (30KB, 500x568px) Image search: [Google]
high-pants-81.jpg
30KB, 500x568px
Assorted chino pants and highwaters
>>
>>34079657

Sounds like you already have looked into this a fair bit - kudos. I guess I just wanted to emphasize the other side of the coin. Particularly the benefits of compound interest. I'm 30 and am now just starting to see the benefits. Personally, I'd look at the 250K as seed money for retirement - but then I graduated without loan debt and prefer renting as opposed to buying a home (property taxes in my area are killer) - so most of my life expenses were covered. I think you're right to pay off the loan debt first - it'll free up your credit.
>>
>>34079217
>10k on BJJ

Yeah, Paige better be sitting on my face forv10k
>>
>>34077303
bank of america common stock = $100k
treasury bonds = $50k
Short amazon
>>
>>34079908
Thanks, bro!

Once I was in the middle of college (derp) I tried to take a hard look at the financial road ahead of me so that I wouldn't have to look at it for more than cursory glances afterwards. I'll look into what compound interest is. I don't understand what it is like I don't understand what an ETF is.

What I don't like about renting as opposed to a house, as I understand it, is that you are giving somebody else money and making a simple transaction when you pay rent. When you pay a mortgage, you are keeping that money in the form of equity. So, if you are paying a mortgage for 10 years, you can look back at your account and find $69 dollars in the form of equity as opposed to the $0 dollars you have in your account after renting for the same amount of time.

>>34080081
That's what it would cost by time I have a black belt assuming that I don't take breaks. Think of it what you will, but it's more important to me than the money.
>>
>>34078450
Your average mexican/central American lives off of less than that.
>>
>>34080108

If you're thinking STEM fields, you obviously pretty bright. Compound interest is pretty easy to learn - there's lots of resources online and MS Excel is your friend.

As far as renting versus buying a home goes, I see what you're saying and it's a popular opinion. personally, I don't have a family so the idea of having a big ass house is kinda silly. Plus, my rent is about $4,500 cheaper per year than a mortgage would be. If I reinvest that savings it would likely be worth more than the value of a house over a 30 year span (unless the house appreciates significantly)
>>
>>34077303
I could live the rest of my life off of $250k easily. That's what I'd invest it in.
>>
>>34077303
Move to america so that I could learn how to properly represent decimal numbers.
>>
Create a business, outsource costs and run it from home.

Buy condos/apartment blocks, hire a landlord/super to take care of everything.

Get other people to do 90% of the work for me for 25% of the pay. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>34077466
Hey! I'm doing that right now
>>
File: 1479186878088.jpg (40KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1479186878088.jpg
40KB, 444x444px
>>34077303
Pay my rent for the next 20 years, use the extra money to live on
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.