[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How this image makes you feel ? When are we currently ? Who are

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 38091501bc4e35d4.jpg (201KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
38091501bc4e35d4.jpg
201KB, 678x960px
How this image makes you feel ?
When are we currently ?
Who are / will the strong men be ?
Discuss
>>
Makes me feel relieved I eventually grew out of my edgy Blood Coldsteel phase.
>>
Transitioning from the good times to the hard.
>>
Problem : the last hard time created strong men and these strong men created another kind of bad time
>>
>>34076536
>How this image makes you feel ?
apathetic, mostly

anyway I disagree with the unspoken premise of people like you which is that strong people are inherently, from first principles, good, and that a good life means a hard life and vice versa. The goal of the human race should be to find a way to cement the good times permanently so that we no longer need to be "strong".
>>
>>34076536
This makes me very sad, great civilisation buried.
I hope chinks will rise from their commie party and become the new white. They already overcome whites by iq.
>>
>>34076606
> cement the good times permanently

literally impossible.
without bad times and suffering there cannot be good times
>>
Hard times seems to differ according to the person. Are we not living through hard times, in our own way during our lives? The torture of isolation that so many of us deal with on a daily basis, throughout our time, would it not qualify as "hard"? The crippling mental stress we need to go through, does it in fact make us stronger? Let us go further, if we suppose that we are becoming strong men through the hardships placed on us by society and our mental states, how would we create good times? Could our nihilism, our distinct mental states create anything of value? Maybe, maybe. So, perhaps this saying was meant to be taken as a riddle, and in it maybe we can find a slight bit of hope.
>>
OP here, telling my opinion, agree or don't, but tell us why :
i believe what >>34076579 said and i feel relieved that hard times will shape me to a better man than i am right now

To answer >>34076590, the last hard time was 1945 i guess, or at least it was a known hard time, so when was the good time ? I guess it was during the "hippie generation" which was all millenials parents's time. I believe millenials are the weak men and that would be why hard times are to come.
>>
>>34076721
see that's the same premise that I dispute. You assert that suffering is a necessary part of the human condition. At least on a material and societal level. I assert that this is a solvable problem and that suffering is not mandatory. Suffering is the smallpox of the human race. We can exterminate it, we just haven't yet managed the job. Once we do, we can ensure that its gone forever, and give future generations the gift of a life free from hardship. Which is what we've been striving toward for literally millennia.
>>
>>34076769
*i feel relieved and believe that
>>
Strauss howe theory of history
>>
>>34076536
is that classified by nation or planet or culture???

if you're innovative all times are good times. also, it's not really profound to say that people adjust to their environment.
>>
I'd say that we're in the weak = hard times part.

> Political and economic division in USA (which could end up cocking up the world, as our elections showed)
> Race riots from all sides
> Culture dominated by either SJW's (mainstream) or alt-right stormfags (more underground, but soon changing)
> Nearly unending War on Terror coming to its ugly head. Causes huge refugee crisis.

I'd say that between the war, Russia being a dick, and degeneracy, this is basically a re-hash of the shittiest parts of the 60's. Except we have heroin instead of LSD.

Whatever big, nasty event that happens next will effectively be humanity's crucible. Dross will burn off and only the good stuff will make it. I just hope it's not plague or nukes.
>>
File: china.png (31KB, 802x627px)
china.png
31KB, 802x627px
>>34076710
Implying they aren't doing it already
>>
>>34078404
>this is basically a re-hash of the shittiest parts of the 60's. Except we have heroin instead of LSD.
it's kinda like we have all the stuff that was bad about the 60s without any of the stuff that was good about the 60s.
>>
You can end the thread now, here's the correct answer.
>Hard times can bring out some improvement but nothing huge. The accurate way of looking at it is that talented men always exist. Chaotic unstable times allow such men to shine but not all of them do. There's a survivor bias and we only notice the successful ones. What hard times do is cherry pick among the pool of already talented men and make them noticed.
>The men have to be from good stock to begin with. There are parts of the world that don't cycle and instead are at a steady level of shit.
>While the picture isn't accurate for men, the trend itself is accurate on a societal level.
BTW OP, if you're the one who made the picture, the first panel is bad. It looks like an invasion of Britain. That was at a point where things were great for Rome. Pick something from the republican times instead.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.