[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

therapy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Therapist-620x480.jpg (36KB, 620x480px) Image search: [Google]
Therapist-620x480.jpg
36KB, 620x480px
Is therapy a legit way to get help or is it bullshit pseudoscience the Jews created to make money? I've been doing therapy for a year now for my anxiety and nothing has changed, all my therapist does is ask me questions and have casual conversations. It baffles me how someone that just asks questions and talks could get payed so much. Has anyone seen positive benefits from seeing a therapist?
>>
It's a meme. Make them give you antidepressants.
>>
>>34072177
that guy just asks me a bunch of questions, that If I had the answer to them I wouldn't be there

I can lie in his face & he doesn't notice anything

Sometimes Flat out insults me, even though he knows I'm depressed & got diagnosed social phobia.

> Complete Bullshit
>>
>>34072217
I already take anti depressants its helped me a lot more than any therapist has
>>
>>34072317
Yeah honestly im gonna quit going. Cognitive behavioral therapy is what its called. complete bullshit, just sit there and talk to the guy
>>
>>34072341
Well then all you have to do is wait to either get lucky, somehow succeed with the self improvement meme, or commit suicide. Therapy does nothing to actually improve your situation.
>>
I think therapy can be useful but I gave SSRIs (Lexapro) a chance and all it did was make me not be able to cum when fapping which just adds to the depression so no thanks.
>>
>>34072414
No im fine now i dont have suicidal thoughts anymore after taking my zoloft for the past couple months, im still a pathetic little bitch but im a complacent one.
>>
>>34072177
>a bullshit pseudoscience created to bring the Jew money

Ding ding ding!

Even psychiatrists are just overpaid regulatory gateways to prescription drugs. The whole fucking thing is a scam made to extort bored attention-needy housewives in the 60s
>>
File: rarist pepe.jpg (47KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
rarist pepe.jpg
47KB, 640x920px
It is NOT a meme, therapy can be great if your willing to try to improve your mental wellbeing.

There can be and therapists, and therapists that just aren't the best for you specifically, but if you get a therapist that is good for you then your golden.

You just have to show up. Try your best to give honest and complete answers. The questions are going to make you dig into what might be causing your problem, he/she isn't really doing anything with the answer, the whole point is to get you to the answer yourself. You need to understand that you are there to change and improve, and that can't happen if your just going to show them a jaded stone wall of emotion.

They are just people who are trained and educated to be the best 'wall' possible for you to bounce your own thoughts off of. I say give it a try, anon.
>>
unfortunately i think iits bullshit.

i had 3 therapists and they didnt even listen to me and told me to close my eyes and breathe. it was a fucking joke.
>>
>>34072842
second line, first sentence

*there can be bad therapists
>>
Therapy is treatment for normalfags who don't have real problems. It's a placebo.

Don't listen to this faggot:
>>34072842
>>
>>34072651
Yeah nice, my point is that all we can do is to keep living until something happens.
>>
>>34072842
Man honestly therapists are modern day witch doctors. They are no better than those "psychics" that claim they can talk to your dead family members.
>>
>>34072895
Let me hear what your idea of a 'real problem' is, then we can compare to the list of shit my therapist helped me through. I'll wait, fuckboi.
>>
you're doing it wrong

the therapist isn't there to fix you

it's up to you to talk to your therapist in a way that helps you out
>>
>>34073509
this. shit isn't magic.
>>
People overestimate therapy and its benefits. That shit doesn't exactly fix you, but treats whatever the problem is. As it often takes years for therapy and treatment to make a difference. With some people having to go to it for the rest of their days.
>>
File: 1471873987699.jpg (26KB, 673x625px) Image search: [Google]
1471873987699.jpg
26KB, 673x625px
>>34072217
>get anxiety meds
>side effect depression
>>
>>34073606
>get anxiety meds
>side effect depression
>get antidepressants
>side effect anxiety

What fresh hell am I living?
>>
>>34072177
Really good therapists try to figure out your thought process and follow along with your mind. They will put the pieces together and explain it back to you for further perspective. You have to be smart by actually trying to take something out of the experience, and use it as a tool.
>>
>>34073632
get prescribed both at the same time
>>
>>34073460
>fuckboi

This is how I know you're a normalfag.

You're just a whiny pussy, kid.
>>
>>34073831
That's what he meant, Anon...
>>
If you have a good therapist he'll do half the work. You can't just show up and hope he'll fix you.
>>
>>34072842
>what might be causing your problem
My problem is that I'm practically mute. How is a therapist gonna help me with that?
>>
>>34073831
Are normies just retarded? Is that the solution? Being too dumb to realize what a fuckup you are?
>>
I can't afford therapy. I have to download ebooks to fix myself.
>>
>>34072177
Psychology doesn't even use the scientific method. They just made up a few terms for socially uncommon behaviors, pathologized them and people fell for the meme.
The only real psychological problems stem from chemical imbalances and are fixed with drugs.
>>
>>34072177
Palliation won't change the fact that your life is shit. Just because you haven't found the right style of therapy or individual therapist doesn't mean you can tarnish everything with the same brush.

Sounds like your therapist is just plain bad, just look elsewhere it's not that complicated
>>
File: 1483974252562.jpg (70KB, 650x412px) Image search: [Google]
1483974252562.jpg
70KB, 650x412px
>>34073606
>Get depression meds
>No depression anymore but existencial dread sets in and everything feels fake
>>
>>34072177

gotta find the right phsych
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.