/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: abstract feels. Share them in length.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4271.jpg (35KB, 308x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4271.jpg
35KB, 308x478px
>tfw you will never fight in a bloody war for a cause you truly believe in and die violently on the battlefield

Is this an abstract feel? I have always had this extreme fascination with historical wars, especially world war 1 and the civil war. I'm obsessed with reading about war experiences, guns, watching war footages, watching videos of people getting shot to death etc. I love historical war movies and am currently reading an original copy of a ww2 US infantry field manual.

I only realised it was kinda autismo after I told my brother about it and he called me an autist.

I just have this constant urge to go to war, and I'm fascinated by the thought of shooting and killing people (inb4 edgy)
>>
Your loosing it. You need to go outside for a while.
>>
File: 1471887422138.png (280KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
1471887422138.png
280KB, 452x710px
>>34070424
Well what you are feeling is called Patriotism, military brainwashing, death wish, romanticism of war and probably a hint of gun nut / historical nut
Do not go to actual battlefield too, war is and always was hell, you're viewing it with rose colored lenses right now because war is clean to you now
In actual battlefield there is starvation, disease, mutilation, people shitting and pissing themselves, tough split second calls on if the civilian is strapped with a bomb or if he/she is just fucking stupid to dig his/her pockets near group of soldiers

in war you don't make the calls, your superior officer does, if your officer tells you to gun down a suspicious group of civilians you do it or face mil court even if not gunning them down was the right call it is not your call to make

"i was just following orders" is the common cry of the PTSD ridden soldier that can't sleep at night because he still remembers the faces of the people he had to shoot down because the CO thought they were armed and didn't want his team dead

what goes to war is red cheeked youngsters trying to save the world, what comes out is a broken shell of a man that starts to see the world in a new light
they see punks breaking public property and wonder is this what i killed for?
idiots high on drugs destroying their lives and wondering did i kill for his future that he is pissing away?
they see politicians lie through their teeth and starts to wonder was this what i killed for?
their country betrays them doesn't pay for their treatment or even the promised college or whatever motivated them to go to fight in the first place
his soldiers instincts are telling him to fight but his remaining sanity tells him to fight the urge, these are the people i fought to save what is the point if i kill them, who did fight for?

TLDR; don't do it, there is no parade or medals, only the mental illnesses you bring back with you, soldiers are the unsung heroes that die in the dark
>>
>>34070670

Pure hollywood tier autism. I was in an infantry unit in the Army. About 75% of the people I was around on a daily basis were combat veterans. They loved it. They felt as strongly about it as OP does. My squad leader told me once he believes god put him on earth to deploy to Afghanistan.

The "only soldiers know that war is hell" is a hollywood meme. War is a hell of a lotta fun, and its satisfying on a deep level because organized violence is what millions of years of evolution has designed men to do and it's completely absent from modern life. OP's feels are a sort of "call of the wild" the every man with healthy testosterone levels should have
>>
>>34070574
I feel sane enough
>>34070670
Fuck, dude. You do help me calm it a bit. I'm going to screenshot that and read it if I ever again feel like enlisting. I'm doing an engineering degree but I've often thought of running away, backpacking around the country for a bit then enlisting and spending the rest of my life growing through the ranks. ill keep those plans reserved for when my plans fall thorough or I decide to just give up. But I can't be the only one wishing for a world war so I can feel like there's a legit reading for me to join or preferably get drafted
>>
>>34070875
get a load of this good goy
>>
>>34070886
No do not listen to that fucking faggot. It is painfully obvious he has never served and is regurgitated opinions from movies. Finish your degree and go be an infantry officer.
>>
>>34070942
Do you honestly believe that what the US Amy does today is in any way noble? It's not like OP will actually be fighting for anything worth fighting for...
>>
>>34070875
>the every man with healthy testosterone levels should have
not true. of course, even some philosophers like nietzsche wanted to go to war, but most of them would have called war totally stupid. War is evil doing, no man should ever lay hand on any other life form. Or himself.
>>
>>34070995
>>34070996

Who said anything about noble? Going to war is the point in and of itself. In my entire time of service, I never once heard anyone, higher-ups or peers, discuss the morality of the war.
>>
>>34070996
>no man should ever lay
meant to say Never, my n doesn't work too well.
>>
>>34070875
>This message brought to you by US enlistment agency, join the war effort and spread liberty and death across the globe
>>
>>34071036
I'm not talking about noble things, I'm talking about pain and killings, I'm basically looking through intelligent point of view, there should be no killing of life forms. Just only to be in an army means to take out lives, all army dudes morally can be called evil.
>>
>>34070424
Same feel OP, although wouldn't say i'm obsessed with historical wars or anything like that. Always wanted to enlist after finishing school and shoot some mud slime terrorist...unfortunately now i'm unable to.
>>
>>34071036
So all you want to do is kill people even though you have no good reason to? You're sick...
>>
>>34071115
They can try and kill me too, by all means. It's sick to modern effete cucks like you, men have been participating in pseudorecreational war for all of our history
>>
>>34070424
Stop on over to /k/. You'll fit right in.

T. WW1 nut who owns a lot of WW1 guns
>>
>>34070875
This is confusing me but you make sense too. It all comes down to individual reactions and emotions. There's a chance I won't be much phased by the violence if I do get to experience it. If I feel the thirst for it, then it should satiate me right? There really isn't much of a cause from the viewpoint of the safety of our country or people to fight for in the Middle East, but I do strongly hate Muslims. And as you said, I probably will enlist after I get my degree. I hope there's a Great War by that time that forces us to conscript so I don't get second thoughts
>>
>>34071075
You kill lifeforms when you wash your hands. You kill lifeforms when you eat. Do you mean conscious lifeforms?
Your definition of evil is reductionist and useless
>>
>ywn be a bystander in a war and reconcile the two sides from the shadows
I love the idea of existing in some extremely polarized world with shadows, vampires and demons and the like fighting angels, fairies, paladins and others. But then everyone realizes why the other side is doing what it's doing and that they're all the same on some level. I want something that I have to understand beyond its initial presentation.
>>
>>34071185
This guy gets it
The only way to be moral in this world is to kill yourself immediately and for everyone else to do the same. We'd finally be at peace until the cosmos reorganize themselves to make another tortured sentience by happenstance.
>>
>>34071150
You do realize you're just a pawn for kike bankers and the other scum who run this country to use in their global conquest... You aren't fighting for your people or for any respectable ideology.....
>>
BOTTOM'S LINE.

WAR IS INTERESTING, IN SOME WEIRD WAY ENJOYABLE. THE EXTREMES. BUT IT IS IMMORAL AND NOBODY SHOULD DO IT, THERE IS NO REASON OF WAR. BUT WE NEED MILITARY IF SOME NATIONS WANT TO ATTACK OTHER NATIONS, WE ARE NOT IN PEACE YET, BUT WE WILL BE ONE DAY. WHEN GOVERNMENT CHANGES.
>>
>>34071175
70 here again, as you said this is individual thing
if you can kill without remorse like the 3rd poster then go for it, army needs men who can kill without second thought or hesitation
just make sure you know which one you're before you deploy because once you're there you're there until you CO sends you back
war is no place for change of heart or remorse
>>
>>34071175
Don't enlist, commission to be an officer. You have a degree, you might as well use it.

If you want to see combat, you're going to have to go army SF or general special operations, at least until a new conflict pops off. Infantry arent seeing shit these days.
>>
>>34071185
>Do you mean conscious lifeforms?
like the ones that are in our sight. smallest is probably ant or other insect.
>>
>>34071236
>pawn for kike bankers

If that's true, i thank them for creating and giving me the opportunity.
>>
I really like your way of thinking. You're the army vet right? Can you tell me anything about how long the training period is and what the chances of somebody getting deployed in the front lines as infantry are?
>>
>>34071240
I don't remember the last time I saw a thread without some low IQ normie retard that wandered in from reddit shitting up the place. 4chan is truly dead.
>>
>>34071275
So, no killing trees?

What reasoning did you use to determine killing things smaller than an ant is OK?
>>
>>34071311
Sorry I meant to tag >>34071185 here
>>
>>34071338
lmao, in my opinion 4chan is changing to a better place. Because younger people come who are smarter than old people. Not saying in a way of saying that young people are more smart than old ones.

twisty
>>
>>34071361
you can cut as many trees as you need for yourself. you cant sell it.
>>
i get that alot with world war two and the crusades
every generation before millennials has gotten to fight for their country, but it seems like now major wars are over.
>>
>>34071306
>Thanking the people who are fucking over this country for giving you the opportunity to die so they don't have to
Tell me, what did some poor bastards in Afghanistan ever do to you? Why do you feel the need to kill them? Who are you trying to impress?
>>
>>34071424
>Squad mates, CO and Daddy
Some people can kill without remorse, it's fucked up but im not going to condemn them for it
soldiers have been and are needed, if you are a killer best place for you is in the army
>>
You'd probably die of diarrhea on the march to the battlefield kek
>>
>>34071419
it's just bunch of proxy wars for profit now
they days of actually fighting for your nation or people are over
>>
>>34071311
Training depends on job. 90% of jobs in the military are non-combat, if you want to be a shooter, chose carefully.

Basic training + infantry school is 4 months.

For Special Forces (a specific organization commonly known as the green berets, not an umbrella term for operator types like a lot of people think) the complete training program ranges from 1 to 2 years depending on specialty.

But training never really ends, training is pretty much what your job consists of when you get to your unit.

Your chances of seeing combat as an infantryman are very low for the foreseeable future. Obviously if something knew pops off, it could go up dramatically. You chances in SF are much higher, nearly 100% over the course of your career.
>>
>>34071419
Fucking this. I maybe latently suicidal but I sometimes wish I was born in world war 1 or 2 era so I could be drafted and sent off to fight for something real.
>>
>>34071466
>soldiers have been and are needed
yes when they actually fight for their people and beliefs not so Mr.Noseberg can further consolidate his control over the Middle East and its oil.
>>
>>34070424
know that feel bro
on one hand I'm fascinated with wars, history, maps etc, on the other hand I am scared of knives...
it must be an autistic thing (both of above together) to do I suppose
>>
>>34071311
>>34071531
I'm talking about the Army, cause thats what I know. Marine infantry is another good option for seeing combat, probably slightly better chances than Army. Im not sure what your chances are like with SEALs or Air Force pararescue
>>
File: 1472103390979.png (652KB, 620x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1472103390979.png
652KB, 620x1108px
>>34071549
Soldiers don't decide who they fight for
the people decide that, maybe if America learned to root out corruption a bit better there wouldn't be a war in middle-east
you're blaming the pawn for the move of the player, root out the elitist banker rings instead of blaming the puppet
>>
>>34071531
This is good info. Kinda hard to find it summarised nicely online. Thanks for this. There are chances of some worthwhile conflicts arising in the foreseeable future, but who knows when the next Great War might be. It's definitely going to happen. I just hope I'm not too old for it by then. Btw are you still in the army and what are your plans for the future? And have you been in action?
>>
>>34071185
>Entire post is a strawman
>low energy
>please clap
>>
>>34071587
My three worst feared ways of dying are-
1) getting burnt
2) getting stabbed
3) drowning

I don't mind the rest of anything desu
>>
>>34071606
I feel you anon. I hope the foreign interventionism goes away under Trump, no need to loose good lives over some bullshit.
>>
>>34071690
Mine are
1) Getting stuffed to a wood chipper legs first
2) Drowning
3) Burning
>>
>>34071690
The real thing you should be afraid of the modern combat is brain injury. I know a guy who survived 5+ IEDs. He was slow and stuttered. There was something off about him. I looked at old pictures on his facebook and there is more light in his eyes.
>>
>>34071115
>army infantry
>peacetime
>ever killing someone
lol
more like skating duty, jacking off in the porta potty, and deliberately failing your pt test
except the rare few guys deployed to syria or doing spoopy spec0ps stuff most soldiers rarely actually fight these days
>>
>>34071636
Im not still in the army, I'm in college studying engineering. I did not see any action. I was infantry towards the tail end of the war in afghanistan. I'm thinking about going back for SF but it's a 6 year min contract and I don't know if i want to make that commitment.
>>
>>34071828
This is true. On other hand, some conflicts are so short (Gulf War, Somalia) that is you tried to join as soon as it started it'd be over before you were out of basic.
>>
>>34070424
What about fighting during the bata uprising or the upcoming race war?
>>
>>34072111
>the upcoming race war
never going to happen
>>
File: Roof.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Roof.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>34070424
Why do they let you on here Dylann?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.