[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen to me if I went to the hospital and said I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1479849535430.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1479849535430.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
What would happen to me if I went to the hospital and said I was going to kill myself?
>>
>>34069735
You'd be taken to the looney bin
>>
>>34069735
They will probably help you look for a nice mental ward to stay in or prescribe you short-term (usually ~1 week) anxiety or anti depressant medication and tell you to visit a psychiatrist or therapist.
>>
They'd lock you up.

Simple as that.
>>
>>34069735
Depends on where you live, but probably they'd put you on suicide watch.
You should consider calling one of those "help lines" first.
>>
Psychotic Ward. You'd be thrown into the loonie bin for 5-7 days. Then you'd promptly 'let go' from your job and every opertunity that will come later in your life will never work out because its forever on your record.

Its much better to just kill yourself desu.
>>
Same question but what happens if you want to put yourself in a mental ward for the fuck of it. how long do they keep you there?
>>
>>34069755
>>34069767
>>34069778
They won't do that. I've visited hospitals with mental issues before. They do this >>34069764

Hospitals don't have time to "lock you up" or put you on "suicide watch". They will just recommend a nice mental ward or give you a short dose of pills until you find another doctor. The most they can do is ask the mental ward to drive you to their facility if they have room available.
>>
>>34069735
You'd get tied to a bed and gagged so you can't bite your own tongue off and drown in your own blood. They'll soon hook you up with meds that take away your free will forever.

Happened to a friend of mine who was hospitalized for something trivial and a nurse overheard him say "I'm going home to my wife soon" while he was standing at the open window. His wife is still alive of course and waiting at home, it was the day before he would've gotten sent home.
>>
>>34069816
Depends on how quickly you recover. If you act like an ass and whine constantly, you'll stay for weeks. I had a schizophrenic episode and voluntarily agreed to visit a mental ward after they recommended it. I got out in 6 days.

The longest I've stayed in is 14 days but that was because I was constantly bickering with nurses and doctors about my medication.
>>
File: tmp_30518-200_s(2)678509860.gif (25KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30518-200_s(2)678509860.gif
25KB, 320x200px
>>34069735
YOU WOULD BE ON SUICIDE WATCH
>op on suicide watch
>>
>>34069834

>>34069764
>a nice mental ward to stay in

>>34069778
>suicide watch

These 2 are almost the same shit my negroid.
>>
They lock you up in the mental hospital it wont be long but its one of the worst places you want to be its like jail. You cant do shit in there. Do NOT tell anyone you want to kill yourself. I just got out of the ward btw only by doctors orders they can legally keep you its sick
>>
yeah, it's not worth it. psych wards are awful and it'll be on your record forever.
>>
>>34070854
Psych wards are not like jails anon. There is no "record" where you can see if someone has been to a psych ward. Doctors can't release your medical records without your signed consent.
>>
>>34069735
They'd tell you not to and give you temporary attention until you either tried to or they got bored. People only say shit like "you have so much to live for" and "it'll get better" to make themselves feel better.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.