[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit tier majors thread. Ancient Greek

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 16

File: embarassed.jpg (43KB, 960x590px) Image search: [Google]
embarassed.jpg
43KB, 960x590px
Shit tier majors thread.
Ancient Greek
>>
English. Aka what I'm currently doing.
>>
>>34068267
I feel like this pic makes it look worse than it really is.
>>
>>34068267
Music Studies
>>
>>34068303
Why is English shit?
>>
English
Math
Statistics
Dance
>>
anything that isnt STEM is shit tier :) do stem or a trade if you want an okay job :)

prove me wrong but you cant, i would like for you to prove me wrong but unfortunately that is not possible
>>
>>34068267
Zoology

I'm regretting it now.
>>
>>34068303
eng aint shit id argue its god tier youre reading the goddam thoughts of some of the worlds greatest thinkers
>>
>>34068381
It's a waste of money though when you can just do that shit for free on the computer.
>>
>>34068327
My classes are filled with kids who try to be know-it-alls who think they're the next faulkner and it's almost always hard to grab a nice high paying job with it, unlike degrees like econ or comp sci. It's okay though, I made friends and networked throughout college so I have some decent job options after I graduate next year.
>>
>>34068267
Computer Science. Everything useful is learned outside of school
>>
>>34068267
criminology. too liberal, at least what they teach us in my uni. nothing you can really do with it. dont know why i chose.
>>
Social science
Or Child Psychology? Or Maybe Business?

Eh I know I might go into debt..I just want a job I can make money save up buy a good home and live a somewhat stable life and die old knowing I tried a little in this life.
>>
>>34068303
You fucking retard. You do realise that with an English major you can make a fortune teaching the English language abroad in places like South Korea, China etc. You have no reason to be upset.
>>
>>34068464
>China

Read this thread: >>>/trv/1201567
>>
>>34068464
I taught English in Korea for half a year with TaLK a few years back. Great experience and decent money all things considered. I loved working with the kids, but I just can't see myself as a teacher so that isn't something I have in mind for myself. I'm not upset I'm studying English, but it's something I'd rethink if I could start college over again.
>>
Is History considered shit tier? It's what I'm doing now but I have no idea what a history degree is supposed to be good for
>>
>>34068457
Go business then
other fields require you to actually care about the field, but psychology is so over saturated that you need to go to grad school for it
>>
>>34068477
Whatever man, I've worked there and made good many - your loss I guess.
>>
>>34068501
Fair enough, I'd give you this advice though - nobody really enjoys their job, so in my experience its better just to settle for something at least don't have to worry about money and use your free time constructively instead. Too many people define themselves by what they do 'I hate my life' more often than not just means 'I hate my job'. Forget about it -its just a means to an end.
>>
>>34068550
>'I hate my life' more often than not just means 'I hate my job'.

Well when 50+ hours of your waking life is spent doing something you hate, I'd say that's a good reason to hate your life
>>
>>34068614
I wasn't recommending you take to wagecucking. I work 20 hours a week and live /comfy/.
>>
>>34068511
Chink-loving retard.
>>
Biology.

S-STEM masterrace, amirite? ;_;

Literally the average-intelligence white girl major. At least there's some qts.
>>
>>34068668
biology is the worst stem major LMFAO big mistake switch now
>>
is political science a shit tier major /r9k/ ?

my mom told me that if i major in whatever i'm passionate about, i'll definitely get employed in said field

just applied at pic related and university of toronto..
>>
>>34068366
I did philosophy and I'm now in academia. very comfy job, I do next to no work and get lots of holiday. Plus I actually like doing what I do. I don't get paid that much, but I only work on 3 days of the week, and I enjoy what I do.
>>
>>34068267
are you majoring in AG op?
>>
>>34068818
>I do next to no work
>I actually like doing what I do
Academia NEET career confirmed?
>>
>>34068668
>>34068740
Depends, human biology can open a path to a career as a doctor/ surgeon, which are god-tier jobs.
Of course, it is also one of the majors you need put the most dedication and effort in.
>>
>>34068740

It's the only STEM major I can do without wanting to kill myself unfortunately. I fell in love with studying life rather than numbers, code, or technology.
>>
File: 452345234.jpg (19KB, 400x388px)
452345234.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
FUCKING SHIT THIS IS THE MOST WORTHLESS ENGINEERING I COULD HAVE POSSIBLY ENROLLED IN

DO NOT, DO FUCKING NOT ENROLL IN THIS MAJOR
>>
>>34068267

>Undeclared

>Doing general ed. right now

>Feel like I am wasting my time with school when I could just work up the ladder or go trade school.
>>
>>34069029

>Feel like I am wasting my time with school when I could just work up the ladder

Unless you're a normie or can perfectly imitate one, there's no going up the ladder. You can't just work hard and gain experience. You need good connections and self-confidence to climb the rungs. This is why a lot of robots go to uni in the first place, they need that boost of a degree because they don't shine as a regular worker.
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 750x630px)
image.jpg
218KB, 750x630px
>>34068267
Original test post, please ignore
>>
>>34068668
I started as Bio but today im switching to Civil Engineeringing. I was also more interested in life than numbers and technology, but as far as I can tell bio doesn't pay unless you're willing to put in tons of years and dedication.

I'm more interested in electrical engineering, but when I looked into it it seems extremely difficult and I'm just not that smart. I'm hoping engineering will be a field where my horrid social skills won't be such a deal breaker.
>>
>>34068267
>sustainable development

JUST
>>
>>34068267

Top kek me too. Greek is really cool and all but how I wish I had just taught myself that stuff on the side and majored in something marketable.

Now I make 13.70/hr.
>>
File: 1421283183032.jpg (36KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1421283183032.jpg
36KB, 400x388px
>>34069830
>13.7
>tfw 8.25
thx Pennsylvania
>>
Audiovisual systems engineering. It's basically image and audio engineering all in one. How much of a meme does it sound out of 10?
>>
>>34069830

But the Greeks can always cheer you up

katqan omws o t aergos anhr o te polla eorgws
>>
>>34069889
It doesnt sound that memey, its too specific

majors like psychology and sociology are pretty fucking memey
>>
W-What do you guys think about anthropology?
>>
>>34068303
I'm doing English as well.
Over 50% of the people I have classes with are complete fucking retards.
They either think they're going to be the next big thing in literature, or they have absolutely no fucking clue what they're doing.
So basically like you described here >>34068422
>>
>>34069948
Hate to break it to you, but anthropology is shit tier.

Strange to think that the social sciences used to be legitimate, once upon a time.
>>
>>34069991
Fuck, should I do history instead? Or is that shit too?
>>
>mfw math major
>mfw got job as an acturary
>mfw make over 100k a year
>>
>>34070011
History is marginally better.

Why not just double major? Do some STEM field or economics alongside whichever social science you want. That way, you get all the financial stability and prestige of the STEM field while still being able to study your interest.
>>
>>34069001
Why?
Also, am I fucked if I went for ChemEng?
>>
>>34070061
Yeah, I was thinking that, but the only STEM I'm really interested in is bio, and it's been marked as the worst STEM earlier in the thread. Unless botany is separate from just biology in general, which is very possible. (And pretty sure I could get atleast a decent job with it).
>>
>>34068506
If you're lucky you can try and meme a government agency into hiring you on the basis of your amazing 'analytical and textual skills' (happens a lot in my country). If that doesn't work, you could try a publishing house, a museum or a cultural institution of some kind. If all else fails you can go for a PhD, but God help you if your options are reduced to that.
>>
>>34070011
History is a little bit better, but before changing your major to history you have to consider the following:
-Are you willing to do your very best in anthropology?
Anthropology is not the most popular degree these days, because it is getting increasingly hard to get a job in that field. However, this also means that there is more room for you to excel in your field.

Please note that when I say "doing your best" I mean being absolutely devoted and ambitious.
There is no room for doubt.
>>
>>34070120
Yes, I'm very passionate about the subject and willing to devote as much time as needed to it.
>>
>>34068267
>Tfw I was so good at ancient Greek and Latin, got 10 every time

Those were the times, when I still had the motivation to do stuff
>>
>>34070073
jack of all trades and masters of none
you will never get an internship as nobody fucking wants you. you will also appear less valuable applying to graduate school in some cases when compared to majors with a broader focus
for example I've seen electrical engineers choosen over biomedical engineers with an electrical engineering focus, for a Biotechnology graduate program

>>34070073
>Also, am I fucked if I went for ChemEng?
no this is a much much better idea if you really like chemistry
if you like BME just minor in it or go for it in grad school
>>
>>34070092
Environmental science is the worst STEM field.

Bio is fine, especially if you end up deciding to do pre-med. Lots of qt Asian girls in biology.
>>
>>34070212
>tfw all my interests are shit
>can only do good in school when I'm interested
Kill me
>>
>>34070140
That's great, because that means you could become successful in anthropology.
Think of it this way:
Right now, there are few anthropology students and even fewer jobs.
Hopefully, the anthropology student demographic is made up of complete fuck-ups and people who are only vaguely interested in the subject matter.
Therefore, the job market of anthropology is (going to be) flooded by idiots, and the demand for passionate professionals will go up.
If you quit now you will not be able to fill this demand.

STEM degrees are great, if you're good at it. But so many people are doing them these days, that succeeding in them is becoming harder and harder because there is just so much competition, and presumably, anthropology does not have this problem.

Again, I have absolutely no definite knowledge on the situation of Anthropology whatsoever, so you're going to have to assess that for yourself.
>>
>>34070212
I'm doing Physical Geography and environmental science, don't care if it's shit, I'm enjoying the fuck out of it.
I don't mind being a jobless neet in heaps of debt afterward, been poor all my life, don't see that stopping any time soon.
>>
>>34070182
Thanks for the insight, my man. I've had a couple people tell me that BME was a meme, including professors, so I didn't go for it.

I actually kind of regret not going EE since I've heard of a lot of people having trouble finding jobs with ChemE, but that ship has sailed. I'll manage, somehow.

I hope things work out for you
>>
>>34068422
I thought english majors were the most quiet and reserved ones waiting to be unemployed, if it's anything like this Jesus Christ lmao I feel sorry for you.
>>
Molecular biology and biochemistry. It would be ok if I didn't have a c plus average. Fuck me up pham
>>
>>34068267
Film
Maybe the technical aspects would be worthwhile, but otherwise it's a joke degree for rich kids
>>
>>34069920
thenks anon, you made me feel better about myself. it was this one or a videogame one.
>>
>>34070375
>I've had a couple people tell me that BME was a meme, including professors,
yea, where I am the professors are fucking awful
some of the most unintelligent losers in their field. varies by school however. I've had professors who are fresh out of ucking china
it was awful.

BME really fucked my life, I wish I could do everything over again
>>
>>34068740

it's fun if you like working outdoors with organisms
>>
>>34070553
Well it's a really expensive ticket for a softer entry on the industry, it has shit value for the money but it serves a purpose.
>>
File: 1421868766690.jpg (22KB, 400x396px)
1421868766690.jpg
22KB, 400x396px
>>34070625
>it's fun if you like working outdoors with organisms
>with organisms
yep you're a biology major alright
>>
File: 1473136574824.png (333KB, 598x449px)
1473136574824.png
333KB, 598x449px
>Study STEM or you deserve to live in poverty
>NOOOO not that kind of STEM
>And you'd better do some internships and go to a notable college too
>Oh hi anon. The managers Chad(business major) and Stacy(accounting major) decided your 40k/year is too much so we've brought in Pajeet to replace you
>>
>>34070598
>tfw currently considering bme
>have doubts now
fug
>>
How does /r9k/ feel about art majors?
>>
>A major meaning anything in any university other than HARVARD
kys
>>
How bad is nursing?

>inb4 faggot
>>
>>34070870
They are OK if they are applicable like 3D or concept design but ones like illustration or fine art are shit tier.
>>
File: merchant.gif (2MB, 500x500px)
merchant.gif
2MB, 500x500px
Goood Goyim. Spend your money on tuition and encourage the oversaturation of lucrative fields.

You can't find a job? Why don't you go to grad school? Too much free time because you could only land a PT gig? Play some video games and watch TV. You're in pain? Have some prozac and codeine. We care about you, goy!
>>
>>34070938
hirable, which makes it better than most of the shit people go for
>>
>>34071212
t. unemployed hermit
>yes goy, become completely reliant on the government!
>>
>>34070795
if you have an ounce of fucking sense in you, unlike myself, you will major in a relatively broad field of engineering. its super fucking easy to get into a bme grad school with just about any reasonable engineering degree, i.e. MechE, EE, CHEME, even Materials engineering/Science or whatever the fuck its called

if you fucking LOVE bme just minor in it, im telling you my dude. this program has fucked me. And im not some fucking retard either, I got either the average or above average grade in all of my BME classes.

a minor in bme + another relevant science/engineering degree is more than enough to be competitive for BME grad school. if you go into BME and dont like it you could be fucked.
>>
>>34070737
>so we've brought Pajeet to replace you
capitalism, not even once
>>
math. unemployment awaits but at least it's chill
>>
>>34068267
No such thing.

Any major is good for the right person.
>>
>>34068848
Yes i am, i can't say it isn't interesting, it's just really stressful and demanding, really makes me wanna kill myself, and there aren't many jobs i can do with it, i can only be a teacher in a catholic school and i don't want to do that.
>>
Economics is shit. Literally any other business major is better.
>>
>>34071212
>>34071304
>>34071511
Reminder that the only redpilled way to live is to buy some land, build a house and subsistence farm so you can live completely outside of the Jew economy.
>>
>>34070737
Honestly serves anyone who fell for the college meme as well as the comp sci meme right. I mean the next big meme right now is everyone saying "just do trades LMAO" but I least I got in while I could. I'm certain by 2020, we'll be importing subpar tradespeople in because schools have conditioned kids for the last 30 years that anyone who doesn't attend college is a failure, even if the pot smoking guy in the back now makes 120k a year as an HVAC technician and you make 9/hour at mcdonalds' after graduating with a liberal arts degree.
>>
>>34071588
first of all
>88
second of all, it's the capitalists you should want to hang, not the jews
>>
>>34068422
So basically /lit/?
>>
File: 1465786189169.jpg (415KB, 883x1050px)
1465786189169.jpg
415KB, 883x1050px
What should i study if i want to make advances towards human inmortality? Bio engineering? Genetic engineering? Is that a good major?
>>
Get into engineering bros :^)
>>
>>34068366
>anything that isnt STEM is shit tier :)
The amount of people with STEM degrees these days makes it too competitive and unreliable.

- https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/does-the-us-produce-too-m/
- https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/upshot/so-many-research-scientists-so-few-openings-as-professors.html
- http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/24301/title/Are-We-Training-Too-Many-Scientists-/

You'll likely end up with a desk job, even with a master's degree or two.
>>
>>34070938
Nursing is pretty based but hard as fuck apparently. I have huge respect for Nurses, especially after I found out both my friends who are trying to be doctors in med school routinely cheat on their tests as well as all of their friends.
>>
Medicine, Science and Law - anything other than that is shit tier, because in 50 years most of the jobs will die out and be automated, robots (not you r9k) will replace humans in many fields, so basically prepare yourselves for unemployment suckers, your sociology major doesn't mean shit.
>>
>tfw want to learn about the human/animal body and do research
>not interested in premed at all
What majors can I look into?
>>
>>34071764
>nursing
>hard as fuck

Who lied to you? The undergrad course requirements are a joke even compared to pre-med student requirements, to say nothing of a legit STEM major.
>>
>>34071792
Do something else but study that stuff as a hobby. Just don't turn into one those "science xD" people who posts garbage from Buzzfeed on facebook.
>>
>>34071782
>because in fifty years

He will be retired by then, you annoying newfag. Any college that accepts you seriously considered your dogshit tier reasoning valid, and you're paying them to explore your subhuman rhetoric skills. Lmao.
>>
File: 1478995814136.png (254KB, 427x482px)
1478995814136.png
254KB, 427x482px
>>34071782
>law
>muted x seconds
>>
>>34071782
Er, social sciences will likely become more prominent and desired in the future, as they'll be needed to study and document the changes in society, culture, and humanity as a result of automation and technological advances.

If anything, physical sciences like engineering, physics, and chemistry become more automated because of how tangible and direct those fields of study are. And already have become automated in the twentieth century.
>>
>>34071842
I'm just going off of what my friends with 3.8-9 GPAs tell me anon.
>>
>>34071877
>
Er, social sciences will likely become more prominent and desired in the future, as they'll be needed to study and document the changes in society, culture, and humanity as a result of automation and technological advances.
You're a psych major. Am I right?
>>
>>34071897
Argument from authority, mate.

But yeah, medical fields are egregiously difficult. Whether in the actual job or just studying it (and you need to study for at least 7-8 years just to get a shot at a salary).
>>
>>34071658
The Jews are the ones that made the capitalist system so over saturated and shit in the west
>>
>>34071712

Just do Accounting if you can STEM and want a stable middle class job.

Science majors suck donkeydicks. It's nothing but dead-end lab-rat jobs and internships.
>>
>>34071928
Particle physics with a minor in physical anthropology.

But hard sciences can be easily automated (and already have in some areas). While the study of people, culture, societies, and behaviours, and the interpretations of such, simply cannot be done except by other people.
>>
>>34071877

I hope so.

t. History/Cultural Anthro major
>>
>>34071934
I know it's a fallacy but it's legitimately just what I'm going off of which is why I used the word "apparently" beforehand. Medfags get dicked into oblivion for years though regardless of field.
>>
>>34069398
that's a pretty cool image anon
>>
>>34071928
strangely enough, psychologists are some of the highest paid people in the country. just not in psychology the field.
>>
File: 03_034.png (30KB, 128x128px)
03_034.png
30KB, 128x128px
>>34071982
I cant, suck at it. Im planning of just starting some local bussiness and live through that, but my real interests are in biology.
>>
>>34071982
Is this true anon? I just want enough money to live in a single apartment in a ok-decent ish area
>>
File: 1475372439943.jpg (111KB, 810x810px)
1475372439943.jpg
111KB, 810x810px
>>34068267
>tfw you fell for the premed meme
>tfw don't want to do medicine anymore and am opting for optometry or pharmacy which is another 4 (four) years of schooling
>tfw will always regret not doing software engineering and making good bank (would have attended uWaterloo for software eng.)

C-Can any software engineers here tell me it's a bad career choice and cheer me up ;_;
>>
>>34072061
See >>34071750.

A lot of other people had the same idea, and went into STEM as a result. And because of that, there's more of them in the job market than there are STEM jobs available. Making the value of STEM education, and/or degree, go down.
>>
>>34071591
>implying that le trade meme hasn't already taken off and in 5 years all the brainlets are going to be doing trades, causing salaries to drop due to supply and demand
>implying that The Unstumpable One won't destroy the unions and eviscerate blue-collar salaries
>implying that you aren't going to lose your job to Jose, who is immigrating here in much larger numbers than Pajeet
>>
>>34071867
I'm not paying for college you fucktard.
>>
>>34068267
Oh no. This pic. The fucking memories.
>>
>>34072136
This is going to happen to the trades as well eventually. That is if they don't import a shitload of retarded sub 80 IQ sheet metal workers and plumbers like Australia did.

Thank god I live in Canada and god bless the red seal program.
>>
Is there some kind of bussiness a person with no STEM knowledge and no experience in bussiness can start in order to live comfortably at 40 at least?

Please

Im kind of absolutely despairing

They already told me reselling does not work
>>
Should I take Comp Eng or Electrical. Both kinda crossover at my uni, we just skip the electromagnetic and more complex power classes. I really like computers, but only really embedded/robotic programming. I also really like messing with circuits and modifying things like my guitar amps. I live near a Aerospace hub and also a lot of defense stuff is here.
>>
File: 1445464685355.jpg (212KB, 733x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445464685355.jpg
212KB, 733x800px
>>34068267
>Computer Science
We used c++ in our courses, learned a little bit php, msql and java but nearly all the jobs in my country ask C# and HTML. I am graduated and now I am learning these fuckers from youtube.
>>
>>34072153
http://www.red-seal.ca/w.2lc.4m.2-eng.html
Trump has nothing to do with me provided Trudeau doesn't pull an Australia on us. Besides Jose can't even take my job considering my family owns the company.
>>
>>34072184
>This is going to happen to the trades as well eventually.
Considering the economic value of trades, that's going to be difficult.
>>
>>34072100
>optometry or pharmacy
both solid career choices where you can make 100-120k/year at 26 years of age doing 35-40 hours and a stress free job
>>
>>34072219
The classes aren't meant to teach you a specific language idiot. They are meant to teach you the principals of programming. You know Objects, pointers, memory management, proper design. Any programmer worth their salt can transfer this knowledge easily to another language, the only difference is syntax.
>>
>>34068810
Your mom loved you too much too tell you the truth and kept you delusional...
Sorry robro
>>
>>34072231
>Leif lives in Canada
>Leif relies on a government program to get him a job
>Leif is a FUCKING WHITE MALE
Alright, class, what are Leif's chances of getting a job?
>>
>Shit tier
Fine arts
>low tier
Social "science", language
>meh tier
Humanities, teaching, communications, journalism, other similar things
>good tier
Economics, nursing, buisseness
>high tier
Computer science, statistics, engineering
>nigga, I hope your getting some post-grad tier
Hard science, pure math
>chad with rich parents tier
Law, medicine

We can all agree on this, right?
>>
>>34072299
Yes but on interviews they ask stupid syntax shit and I can't answer. Of course I know all these things I am grad anon
>>
>>34072407
Anybody saying CE/CS isn't top tier is either baiting or is a fucktard who faked their way through it. If you have actually programming skills there are jobs literally everywhere that pay great.
>>
>>34072403
>red seal is a government program for jobs
Wanna how know how I can tell you didn't even read anything about it past the first page? It's a series of standards that allows people in the trades that allows them to make more money depending on what certificate they hold. If you have a red seal you can work anywhere in the country in that field and not have to jump through hoops or possibly redo apprenticeships.
>>
>>34072471
How?
There are tons of jobs and every one of them asks another language that is never taught in uni and they expect 5 years of experience. How can I gain exp without work?
>>
>>34072471
I'm split on the issue here. With shit like video games, smart phones, app markets, the internet, softwares for just about anything, etc. Programming has never been more prominent and present in our lives. But because of that, you're likely going to be paid very average wages.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.