[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this lead to more newfags?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: filenumber86549453.jpg (159KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
filenumber86549453.jpg
159KB, 1600x1200px
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/01/10/half-young-people-have-many-emotional-problems-cannot-focus/

Guess we are not that alone in our troubles
>>
Yes we are. I hate to sound like this but most people are only ''sad'' because its cool at the moment. Look at all the XD WHIS I WAS DED memes that are out there. It makes people want to spout that shit too, but ask them if they have seen a doctor/taking meds/self harmed etc and they'll be all IM NOT THAT SAD LOL
>>
>>34065708
How are you so sure that they aren't lying? I don't tell anyone how fucked up I am
>>
>>34065624
yes our generation is fucked, normies, robots, chads, doesnt matter, depression is epidemic.

>>34065708
The memes didnt create themselves.
>>
>thinking you're sad so that just mean you are mentally unstable

>haven't even gone to a therapist

>haven't swallowed a bunch of pills trying to overdose but just led to getting stomach pumped and a bunch of awkwardness

Fuck out of here
>>
>>34065973
This exactly. I have nothing more to add.

>>34066063
What the fuck does this even mean? Is this your criteria for being emotional unstable?
>>
>>34065624
Yes, I'm sure they suffer of traumatic "emotional problems" like their gf being bitchy, their parents only buying them the second newest iPhone and one of their friends getting a car for their 18th birthday
>>
>>34066102
I have no idea, but you could make the same comparison between us and third worlders
>>
>>34066102
It's actually sad and pathetic how you don't understand other people yet you complain about it all the time.

Now you are just using the ''kids in africa'' argument.
>>
File: 5ryv39X.jpg (228KB, 700x1029px)
5ryv39X.jpg
228KB, 700x1029px
>>34065624
worst part of that article was their solution.
most of the comments were just as bad, typical 'this generation nowadays' 'back in my day' junk.
>>
>>34066063
I think about death and suicide constantly but I've not seen a therapist nor made any attempts to kill myself. Does that mean I'm ok?
>>
A generation raised by psychotic, unstable, manipulative single mom's who are so self absorbed that they unironically wear the title proudly?

Well color me surprised, who could have imagined.
>>
>>34066144
Isolation and lack of positive human contact can be more damaging psychologically than being poor (especially if everyone around you is poor). That having been said, we are obviously taking a lot for granted

>>34066150
I was being facetious. That having been said I fo highly doubt that most of the emotional problems are really that serious

Mental health may very well have worsened on average, that seems believable enough
>>
>>34066198
>I was being facetious. That having been said I fo highly doubt that most of the emotional problems are really that serious
Of course there are different levels of mental health, but it should be taken serious if it affects your everyday life and you can't function normally.
>>
>>34066278
>function normally

Well the question is what normal means. Teenagers generally aren't great at sitting around for hours and concentrating, especially boys have issues with that at that age.

If "normal" means being able to perform at an ever increasing average standard, then yes, teenagers having some personal drama will impair their ability to function normally. That doesn't mean it's necessarily anything serious, in most cases I would wager it isn't anything to worry too much about
>>
>>34065624
Rather unfortunate that it's already being called a mental health problem. If there is a huge % of people telling you they see a problem it's like they're fucking telling them "You're crazy, it's not like that. You're just seeing hallucinations, I don't see it at all"
>>
>>34066330
>Teenagers generally aren't great at sitting around for hours and concentrating, especially boys have issues with that at that age.
Generally? I don't think so, but ADHD is getting quite popular yes.

What I meant with function normally: your mental health doesn't affect your life negatively under a longer period of time.

And yes, some teenage drama does affect them for only for a small period of time and that is normal. But some others have more serious mental problems than that and just because we view their problems as small doesn't mean it is for them. Society has changed and so has the environment that shapes the younger generation.
>>
>>34066600
Sure, some have serious mental issues.

But not HALF of all teens like the article claims. Most of those aren't anywhere near serious
>>
>>34066652
Yes, probably, but I think the important fact is that the mental instability have increased over the years
>>
>>34066897
Sure, I never argued against that either
>>
File: hqdefault_0.jpg (13KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault_0.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>34065624
I dunno, but I can tell you one thing.

I really cannot stand this whole "le depression" meme that normalfags are going on about lately. I seriously can NEVER talk to ANYBODY about my emotional stuff, even if I do rarely mention it, without feeling like I'm fishing for attention, or cringing. Even with my closest friend, who knows what I struggle with, I fucking cringe, and feel bad about discussing this shit with him, because the whole world has made a fucking joke.

And then there's the whole

>"I'm soooooo anxious all the time lmao"
>*sends 50 snapchats a day*

That normalfags fucking love to do so much, because apparently it's cool to be an anxious depressed faggot now. I should be in my fucking element, but it's only cool if you're a fucking normalfag apparently.
>>
>>34065708
This.

There are only so many cases of mental issues in young people at the moment because it's the current in thing, much like how having autism or ADHD was the thing several years ago. Just watch in about 5 years time how cases start magically reducing.

I'm not saying or denying there are young people with mental health issues, I'm just saying it's getting a lot of attention at the moment and of course all the cool kids will be saying they have something mental wrong with them to get sympathy points, which leads to others saying the same just to try and be in with the cool crowd.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.