[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welcome to the NHK

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So I just completed this series, and while I don't think it was great - a lot of the themes hit close to home.

Anyone out there care to share their thoughts on 'Welcome to the NHK'?

Also, I've been here since 2011 or so but somehow never watched this till now. Anyone here who's been here this long or longer know whether 'Welcome' was a frequent topic in the earlier days of r9k?
>>
>>34064647
I recently started watching it, around episode 13 or something atm and I really like it. It's not as good or relatable (I'm a 21 year old NEET) as most anons here say it is though but I enjoyed it so far.

>tfw no Misaki to come and save me
>>
>>34064647
Frankly.
The end makes the whole anime shit.
>>
>>34064647
I remember it being talked about all the time, but not so much anymore. It makes me really nostalgic. Really used to be more or less required watching for this board.
>>
>>34064696

Can you tell us in detail why you think the ending made it shit? You can use spoiler codes appropriately
>>
>>34064647
Currently on ep. 18. Man, this shit really hits so close, but I have found it healing.
>>
ending was weak , he fucking btiches out in the end like typical weak jap
>>
>>34064677

>>tfw no Misaki to come and save me

I haven't read the book, but in the anime Misaki practically appears out of nowhere and happens to be watching Satou. The first thing that strikes me is how incredibly unlikely it is for a girl to ever do this, so was the author for real? Was there a real girl he based Misaki on? Is it bad writing to have such an unrealistic character?
>>
>>34064725
[spoil] the evolution between the main character (I forget his name) and Miaki.
Each episodes were 10/10 to me and I expect something big at the end but it wasn't. [/spoil]
And you what did you think of NHK ?
>>
>>34064915
Oops I made a mistake, sorry
>>
>>34064915

>And you what did you think of NHK ?

I liked most of it, I could really relate to the paranoia, embarrassment, and feeling stuck. Satou was still pretty 'normie' compared to myself, though. He could talk to Misaki without much trouble, he'd had at least one person to talk to during highschool.

I wish it had actually gone into the question of why hikkis like this exist. I genuinely think there's something to the idea that there's a 'conspiracy', maybe a passive one - that results in some of us ending up like this.
>>
>>34064647
The stuff that happens in the series happened to a BPD grill I knew, except she didn't bang on a dude's door she's been stalking. They met at a batshit insane people's club AKA what you Americans call a support group, what with all the chair circlejerk and all that shit. Yeah, she saw how vulnerable and depressed that guy was and she was trying to "save" him. She's also suicidal.
>>
>>34065095

How did it go? Is she cute? What's wrong with the guy exactly?
>>
>>34065191
He's mad ugly, the epitome of beta cuck - balding, fat, manlet, feminine facial features, shy, grew up without a father (just like her) + he's suicidal (also just like her, except she already has multiple failed suicide attempts).

He's a good betabux though, he has a good IT job (which he hates).
>>
>>34065191
And yes, she is cute. Someone who, if they were normal in the head, would have bagged a Chad in a decent career by now. What keeps them together is how fucked up they both are. I suppose she'll never find a Chad as fucked up as her current bf. I suppose feels and relating to someone do actually matter for that particular girl, because she could always bag a Chad if she wanted to. Then again, it won't be for long with her fucked up mood swings.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.