[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /self study/ here? Has anyone here every done a self study

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: comfypepe.png (167KB, 636x426px) Image search: [Google]
comfypepe.png
167KB, 636x426px
Who /self study/ here? Has anyone here every done a self study degree or course before?

I just started one so that I don't have to phsycially go to college every day.
>>
I tried and wasted a year, professors are there for a reason.
>>
>>34062887
What went wrong with it though? Can you elaborate a bit?
>>
I have some self-learned encyclopedia knowledge, but it is worthless since:
1) Only knowledge, no skills
2) Often it misses the basics, and details
3) It isn't accepted by society
>>
>>34062906
Studying on books, internet and slides alone didn't let me fully understand many things. While professors in class will analyze and elaborate certain details and sometimes say stuff you can't really find anywhere else. It's hard to explain.

Also there's also that cunt professor that loves certain parts of his subject so you'll need to know he will focus on that on the exam.
>>
>>34062954
I see, thanks for explaining.

The course I'm doing has no professors at all. You either sit in front of computers at the college with one or two smaller extra courses added, or you do only the main course from the comfort of your home. I chose the latter.
>>
>>34062992
I see, on the same subject I suggest you to try to join whatever study group, be it a facebook one of your course or whatever, you can find.
The more students you know the more info you have, and any info is pretty damn valuable since you can sometimes find info about previous exams or similar stuff. I'm a loner sperg and I often wish I had at least one friend, but luckily we have an internet group so I can get some stuff there anyway.
>>
>>34062887
i disagree. Lectures are the biggest waste of time ever. I go to them and just get confused. Almost invariably i have to look up the content elsewhere in order to understand it.

Teachers, however, are valuable. A classroom or 1 to 1 environment is very helpful. However, lectures are just pointless.
>>
>>34063284
That's pretty good advice, I'll try find someone else who's doing the course I guess.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.