[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone remember when this board was created?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1480124652726.jpg (56KB, 920x730px)
1480124652726.jpg
56KB, 920x730px
When did it become the hub of social outcasts that it is?
Did people 'claim' this as a non normie board? Does anyone know the history/?
>>
>>34055671
It was a board for "Gentlemen". It was basically old /b/ with a classy "Gentlemen" overtone.

Images were once filtered by the robot, so people would edit images by a few pixels so they could be reposted. They would also spam "MUTEBLOX" at the end of their post.

Robot was always part of the community although the meaning slowly changed.

Later, it was a hub for hookups basically before /soc/ was created. There was also tons of camwhoring, like in every single thread.

Then it was about feelings, sort of like now but more greentexting. Then slowly more about being a fucking loser virgin, although that was part of the board for a while before feels threads.

Frogposting is more of a recent thing.

The board was also deleted.
>>
It was a bunch of relationshit greentext posts. Robots as we know them didn't exist back in 2008.
>>
File: Wojak_feelcoaster.jpg (111KB, 430x615px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak_feelcoaster.jpg
111KB, 430x615px
>>34055671
I was here for the beginning.

It came to fruition because /b/ was starting to receive an influx of....somewhat more intelligent threads; separate from /b/'s hivemind/meme culture.

So Robot 9000 comes along for more intelligent/original content. Of course with intelligence comes misery, so it wasn't long before "that feel" threads started popping up.

That didn't stop /b/'s memes from leaking over, particularly (at the time) Wojak. Back then Wojak had only one face, and he showed up in "that feel threads". Most board members only knew him as "that feel guy" at the time.
>>
>>34055763
I wish it could go back to feels about life and losers acting as therapists for each other. This new trap/BLACKED/random pale skinned YouTube whore trend is fucking annoying.
>>
>>34055836
The only way to do that is post those things.
>tfw not good at posting those things.

At least its a bit better at present.
>>
File: abstract Pepe.png (36KB, 675x559px)
abstract Pepe.png
36KB, 675x559px
>>34055795
...Pepe was starting to meme pretty strongly on /b/ at the time too, because of the "feels good man" pic from the comic "Boy's Club" by Matt Furie. Someone doctored the image of Pepe to have a sad expression on his face, and with the word bubble "feels bad man", which became synonymous with depression/sadness. So this meme accompanied Wojak on the board; "sadfrog" as he was known at the time.
>>
File: cat.jpg (38KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
38KB, 565x600px
>>34055888
It was a shitty meme and there was far better ones around.
>>
File: r9k10000GET.png (185KB, 1021x661px) Image search: [Google]
r9k10000GET.png
185KB, 1021x661px
Yes, I was here on the first day it was created, actually.

Everybody was figuring out what to make of this board. OC was all over the place since this was supposed to be /b/ 2.0 since /b/ by then was already cancer and had no OC at all.

Then moot shitcanned this board for a while before bringing it back. It should've stayed dead desu
>>
File: Pepe Shtifrog.jpg (73KB, 600x479px)
Pepe Shtifrog.jpg
73KB, 600x479px
>>34055888
The "feels" bullshit pretty much took the board over like wildfire. it didn't become long before the board became known as "Beta as fuck!", or a moot called it "A gangbang of whining". By this time it was accepted as being a permavirgin neckbeard loser board for males-who-need-to-kill-themselves to complain about their shitty lives.

...so moot got sick of it and deleted the board. But, then all the feel cancer spread to the rest of 4chan, so he brought back /r9k/ as Robot 9001 in the hopes it could be contained.

So it continued to be the gangbang of whining that it had been and.....I can't remember if smug frog came along around this time or if it was before the board got shut down, but it really took off when the rest of the internet started using our Pepe memes....so in retaliation for that, we had poopoopeepee shit frog comics and misc. Memes to scare away normies from using it.
>>
>>34055917
That looks really bad,
I kinda prefer the current r9k culture
>>
>>34055671
By today's definitions lu/r9k/ers were Chads. Most threads were about relationships, lots of people used drugs and alcohol, and most people weren't fat or unhygienic. Even in 2013 there threads about dating rape victims(something today's board would cringe at). Honestly the whole NORMIE GET OUT REEE bullshit didn't start until 2014.
>>
I started coming here more in the greentext stories times, back then /b/ was 80% furry posting so this was a better b. The current robot social outcast thing was always more or less there, it creeped up more and more until the current state of the board
>>
>>34055671
yes, it wast the home of stacies and chads and thats why it was deleted it, there are still some videos of the old r9k on youtube and you can get an idea of how it was, now its full of edgy teens
>>
>>34055994
I miss greentext stories
>>
>>34055886
But those things quickly get buried by "I wish to be a little girl (male) agenda" threads so unless everyone flooded the board with actual robot threads, it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>34055988

Yes, talking about how depressed you are and how you hate women is so much better than having some fun with GETs.
>>
>>34056029
they never get attention anymore
>>
Did the term "normie" start on this board?
>>
>>34056703
nope, it was actually a sub reedit thing apparently, robots are just too autistic to make their own shit.
>inb4 screechy faggots trying to pretend they don't eat tumbler and redat's stale feces.
>>
>>34056703
i hate fucking "normie" so much, it was normalfag exclusively until like 2014.
I miss the constanza meme shitposts, constant green text feels threads, beta/austism/spaghetti threads
the transience of memery is so weird... people stopped blocking the robot using BLOX and stopped >implying.
I miss the feels era... fuck japanese hardcore lettuce though, wew
>>
>>34055671
the earliest I started browsing this site was in either 2011 or 2012. I have known about it before then but never came here much at all until that time.

from what I remember this board was way different back then. also this board isn't even for social outcasts like it used to be. the normies have ruined this board a lot. at one point this board truly was for social outcasts but these days it is more closer to 50/50 with too many normies and trolls trying to ruin this place. thankfully there is good alternatives out there but will not be sharing that here of course.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.