[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not simply accept the world for what it is?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1483020559860.jpg (147KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
1483020559860.jpg
147KB, 500x316px
Why not simply accept the world for what it is?
>>
Because I don't like what it is
It's not like I'm the only one and that the world is operating in perfect harmony except for me
It's full of people and creatures who are forced to feel like they're in the wrong place at the wrong time. And that is unacceptable.
>>
>>34053156

But what you and others feel is acceptable doesn't matter. The world will not change for you. Reality is what it is, you can accept it, or fight against it and lose.
>>
>>34053213
What me and others feel is acceptable is a part of reality. There is no difference. Everyone acting on those feelings simultaneously might make the world more comfortable for everyone.
>>
>>34052885
I'm trying to, but I would have to totally divorce my needs from this world first.

I still can't get over my desire for social interaction, which would require me to participate in this world and as a result think about how fucked up it is. So either I give up all my values (which is extremely difficult, being part of my personality) or I pull out altogether.
>>
>>34053341

No, your feelings a part of you. They do not effect reality. Your actions driven by those emotions are what you believe effect reality, but reality itself is driven by our own biology. You cannot fight biology. If you do you just up like feminism, preaching one thing while doing the opposite.
>>
>>34053535
Your feelings literally are physical configurations in your brain.

>No, your feelings a part of you
And you are a part of reality
>>
>>34053615

But they don't effect reality. I can feel I'm the best person in the world as hard as I can, that doesn't make I true
>>
>>34053657
But it does make the fact that you think you are the best person in the world true. They do affect reality, just in their own explicit terms.
>>
>>34052885
What is the world?
>>
>>34053156
It's OK to not like the world as it is. As you said yourself, most don't, but that doesn't mean that all dissenters against reality have a unified vision for the world. Far from it, actually. Everyone has their own unique ideal.

And while ideally it's not acceptable, in reality you must accept it. Unless you're born in a place and time perfectly suited to your vision, and I don't think that's the case for anyone, you're in a less than ideal state with little to no control over that fact.
>>
>>34052885
Because if I accepted the world, I'd just be another stupid monkey running around trying to smash, and do drugs all the time.

It would ultimately lead to my destruction, happiness comes from within not without
>>
>>34053810
I understand what you're saying but I don't see how it's at all acceptable that a large amount of people/creatures have to be unhappy because they have to share less than ideal common ground with others who are also unhappy.

If anything being able to better shape reality and create compromise between conflicting ideals, rather than giving up and letting the status quo steamroll you simply because it's the status quo, would be a theoretically effective solution to lack of acceptance in general.

Reality is the way it is but it's also constantly changing. Some of the ways it can change are unprecedented, I bet.
>>
I'm trying, OP. It's hard.
>>
>>34053689

Thinking something doesn't make it true.
>>
>>34053940
But it makes the fact that you think it true
Not my fault if you mislabel the relevance of your thoughts
>>
>>34053887

What is or is not acceptable is irrelevant. The universe does not give a shit about what we deem acceptable.
>>
>>34053973
You mean except for the small parts of the universe that we ourselves are. We usually give a shit about what is acceptable. And if the universe doesn't give a shit about what we want, surely it also doesn't give a shit if we modify it to better suit those wants.
>>
>>34053963

I can choose to believe I'm a swimming pool too, does that make it true?
>>
>>34053814
>if I accepted the world, I'd just be another stupid monkey running around trying to smash, and do drugs all the time
Don't follow that logic.
>>
>>34053988

You're missing the point entirely. We cannot change reality. As much as you'd like to believe what you feel is right should be, that does not mean it will be.
>>
>>34053989
It makes it true that you believe you're a swimming pool. The fact that you have that belief is 100%, undeniably real and is representative of physical structures in your brain.
>>
>>34054027
We change reality literally all the time u wot. Even this stupid conversation is changing reality as it happens.

There is nothing wrong with striving to make a better existence for yourself and others.
>>
File: Lavos.png (431KB, 685x612px) Image search: [Google]
Lavos.png
431KB, 685x612px
>>34053213
But the future refused to change...
>>
>>34054029

But it does not make me a swimming pool.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.