[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can schizoids cry?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Can a movie, tv series, anime, etc. make a schizoid person cry?
I am asking for a friend
>>
Nope, I don't think I'd cry even if my entire family died at once.
>>
Everyone is different, even schizoids
>>
>>34034396
psych said im at risk at developing SPD and film It's Such A Beautiful Day makes me bawl just about every time I see it
>>
>>34034585
>>34034764
I cry so easily. And I do have high sexual desire (though I'm not sure if I would want a 'girlfriend')
I'm probably not a schizoid then :P (not that its good or bad)
But I definitely display some of the traits
>>
SPD isn't schizo, not even close
>>
>>34034786
all good animes have made me cry one way or another
and many movies make me cry
I shed a few drops of tear during the movie arrival
I'll check out It's such a beautiful day
>>
>>34034813
schizophrenia and schizoid are different things, are you confused?
>>
>>34034396
This is 100% me but I just scored not schizoid on a quiz.
Weird.
Movies and books can make my eyes water.
>>
>>34034850
they're slightly related to an extent though
>>
>>34034885
(op here) I just scored 'yes' on a schizoid test
you can't really trust those online shit tho :P
>>
>>34035079
>>34034885
What Schizoid Test are you taking?

I wastold by a therapist that I show a lot of signs of having Schizoid Personality Disorder and I want to see how I stack up to other robots
>>
>>34034396
Is suicide the only way out for schizoid personality disorder? Life isn't meant to be lived this way.
>>
I feel like crying but tell myself not to be a soft cunt, and lambast myself for being pretentious enough to feel like crying to a movie. Culminates in repeatedly asking myself what's wrong with me, not trusting myself and believing I'm lying about how it makes me feel, thoughts that no woman will ever want me because I'm not even sure if I'm honest, despite wanting to be honest, but only being able to just hope that even that is true.

I watched Sing Street today and had to deal with that, I feel disgusting on visceral and moral levels. I feel like a liar.
>>
>>34034396
Diagnosed SPD here. We are hypersensitive people so sensitive that our emotions shut down at young age. Movies cant make me cry personally.
>>
Only movie that almost made me tear up was Furious 7, you know the part, don't even know why since I pretty much thought Paul Walkers dead was hilarious in its irony. I teared up a bit and a few tears, 2 or 3, ran down my cheek while thinking about all the bad things that have happened in my life and was thinking to myself how I didn't break down while it was actually happenning. Last time I "cried" before that was last year while I was high as fuck and watched this fan made video to no role modelz, but it was just 1 tear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjBJoDOYkHE
Last time I cried before that was when I was 13 (21 now) and it was because I would get angry at my videogames over difficult parts and start crying kek.
>>
>>34034396
Source on pic OP? All of those apply to me.
>>
>>34036505
Anon below you, I think I can relate. Did you use to cry or tear up a lot before puberty, usually because your parents would be mad, dissapointed, worried about you or you would get angry at them?
>>
File: SPD.png (68KB, 1336x697px) Image search: [Google]
SPD.png
68KB, 1336x697px
>>34034396
somebody make a bingo out of this pl0x
>>
>>34034396
I fit all that criteria and Dolly's crying before hanging herself made me cry.
>>
>>34034396
I have never cried to a movie, and am pessimistic that one ever would. I've taken online tests that usually tell me I'm schizoid and/or antisocial. So yeah, entirely annectdotal but that's been my experience.

I doubt I even have a personality disorder
>>
File: 12.gif (270KB, 751x524px) Image search: [Google]
12.gif
270KB, 751x524px
>>34034396
I don't usually full-on cry but sometimes I'll only shed a few tears.
>>
>>34034396
we can, but we do it to get out of awkward situations as children. the older you get the harder it is.
>>
>>34037086
Literally me me me literally me for fuck's sake that's literally me
>>
People with "SPD" in this thread are so weird and self-absorbed.

I have schizophrenia and cry sometimes like any other person. I have been diagnosed in two mental wards by different doctors, not an online test.
>>
>>34037086
ii never belived in the internet but it is saying i am schrizoid right fuking now.
the ride is really turning for the worst these days
>>
I only cry when it comes to books, shows etc., otherwise I never cry. It's almost like media allows me to be a different person or something.
>>
>>34037352
Most of them are just "selfdiagnosed". I'm schizotypal, and it sucks. Random episodes of crazy when you're about to book a flight to bolivia to kill your parents, a crushing super ego that makes you remember this dumb crazy shit you did x1000, which in turn turns you even more insane...

On the plus side, I have a rich fantasy life and don't need to woman or man. And I take pills. Risperidone, hooray.
>>
>>34037469
Doesn't sound like your medication is working anon. I used to take Zyprexa but I stopped because every anti psychotic shrinks your brain so I didn't see the point. I have stopped relapsing so I'm good now.

The only obvious symptoms during an episode I noticed were intense memory loss, loss of motor control, visual hallucinations, disorganized thinking (such as not knowing where I am), mania, depression and a few delusions.
>>
>>34034786
The ending was so beautiful
>tfw bill lives on forever
>>
File: images.jpg (22KB, 287x387px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 287x387px
I've got schizophrenia. The sound of music always makes me bawww. It's just overflowing with goodness and positivity while I am a person too evil for this planet.
>>
>>34034396
Honestly , I identify myself with many of the symptons of a Schizoid , but not all of them , to the point where I wouldn't consider myself one , even if diagnosed. I would be sad if my family died , but I wouldn't be apathetic about it , but still wouldn't have a sad overreaction , but instead , try to rationalize it.
>>
>>34038569
Just reread my reply and holy shit that was poorly written. I think you guys got the idea though.
>>
>>34034396
There is no way in hell this many people with schizoid personality disorder are posting. I am pretty sure this is supposed to be a rare thing. Also I legitimately question that they would really even be interested in posting shit on the internet.
>>
I've let a couple of tears loose at movies a few times, it's very fucking rare that this will happen though. Whereas I've had family die and not shed a tear.
>>
>>34037424
>>34037332
Let me make sure you saw these ones

>self-sufficient
>impervious to others emotions
>quite creative and may make unique and original contributions
>asexual
>free of romantic interests
>averse to innuendo
>vague and stilted speech
this is the big thing I think a lot of you are missing. Schizoids talk like absolute nut jobs and are hard to relate to.

Even the most normal of people would be able to say they have a symptoms from each of these categories. A lot of these things are relatively normal in moderation. It is when in entirely consumes your existence that you should be considered to have a personality disorder.
>>
File: 1435022150646.jpg (190KB, 798x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1435022150646.jpg
190KB, 798x1027px
>>34034396
that's me

do I get a Cara?
>>
>>34038643
its r9k buddy, home of the self diagnosed
>>
>>34034396

I hate going to watch movies, because I weep. And I'm almost 49.
I watch movies only when home alone and totally free to burp, fart and cry.

also, I'm not schizoid.
>>
>>34038869
>self-sufficient

check

>asexual

check

>free of romantic interests

check

>averse to innuendo

check

>vague and stilted speech

check
>>
>>34034396
I've been diagnosed as a schizoid for about a decade. Not showing affectivity doesn't mean we don't have feels, it just means we don't share them with others. I cry to movies frequently. I can also be super happy and whatnot, I just express it while being alone.
>>
>Thought I was schizoid
>It's much more likely I'm avoidant

My life is a fucking joke. I just want someone to be nice to me and I'm too much of a pussy to make it happen.
>>
I was diagnosed as a schizoid in mid-2016. The only times I've cried is when I've suffered physical pain or extreme levels of stress.
Emotional tears are what you'll probably never see in a schizoid.
>>
>>34040333
Trips of three of truth

I don't display my emotions to anyone unless I get unironically triggered (which wouldn't have happened in 8 years time provided I wasn't lacking sleep in those situations) or alone.

I am self diagnosed but cover pretty much 100% of the traits. From hidden empathy to ignorance of oposite sex advances. I know these things only because I reflect hard om the events of my life when I'm out in society. If I occupied these thoughts somehow I would be pretty much empty.

Delusions of grandeur, supreme unrealistic fantasies, assumptions of others loving me, unusual moral compass, etc. I could talk about this for days but let's be on topic.

We are more likely to cry from fucked up shut in eyes getting overwhelmed by wind than some form of media but it happens, you're just highly unlikely to witness or experience it.
>>
>>34041359
>I don't display my emotions to anyone unless I get unironically triggered (which wouldn't have happened in 8 years time provided I wasn't lacking sleep in those situations) or alone.

Make the 'emotions' tears in that, if anything when crying it's physically impossible for me to be mad or sad, especially talk. If it makes sense in simple words my head goes haywire and textbook treatment makes it only worse (talking to someone breaking down, trying to cheer them up etc.) I think best thing others can do is give those people some time to cool on their own.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.