[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

schizophrenia general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: SQGYiFM.jpg (14KB, 434x326px) Image search: [Google]
SQGYiFM.jpg
14KB, 434x326px
anyone here diagnosed with /schizophrenia/

how is life?
>>
no. for the most part im a well adjusted guy who works hard and fucks bitches on the side
>>
>>34032122
Yes. I am lonely as fuck except in my head. I work hard and don't get appreciated for it. I have anger issues. I am an alcoholic. I want to hang myself every single day. Medication is a joke.
>>
Can you guys actually have conversations with the voices and they respond and shit? How sophisticated can they get?
>>
>>34032243
I regularly communicate with them, be it via text, audio, visual, and any other sense. They respond in short answers but I keep the convo going
>>
Got my diagnosis seven years ago. Finally I'm at a point where medication, therapy, time and contemplation, unfucked my head enough to be able to maybe get back to reintegrate into society and get a job, at least my therapist thinks I'm ready. Really looking forward to that, cause life got fucking boring. Still live in my head too much, and still hold whole conversations with thought voices that don't seem to be my own thoughts, but I'll manage.
>>
>>34032243
There's only one voice I talk to, and he's pretty sophisticated.
>>
>>34032420
>>34032286
Can you ask them anything and they respond coherently?
>>
Yea, he has actively surfaced and took over my mind and body to ruin my life more than once.
Mostly he just talks to me.
>>
>>34032122
labels are wrong, it should be
>normal
>neuroleptics
don't fall for the neuroleptics meme
t. better off than everyone who fell for it
>>
>>34032465
What kind of questions do you mean
>>
i was diagnosed back in 2013 after a couple of month-long periods of auditory hallucinations and some odd visual disturbances.

the medication didn't work and i'm convinced that i was misdiagnosed by a poor psychiatrist/psychologist team.

i still have some auditory hallucinations, but never anything 'commanding' me to do something so i'm not too worried about it. i often see people that aren't there but i've gotten used to that as well.

most of my issues deal with extreme paranoia about other's motivations/thoughts/feelings. i also think that people can sometimes hear everything i'm thinking.

being a severe alcoholic probably doesn't help matters.
>>
>>34032527
>"What should I have for breakfast today?"
>"What's your name?"
>"What's your favorite color?"
>"Can you explain Aristotle to me?"
>>
>>34032465
Depends on the question.

The voices are basically me, so if I ask them something I don't know, they either shut up or get it wrong
>>
>>34032615
>"What should I have for breakfast today?"
I can have a short conversation with him to make up [our] mind on what [we] want to eat.

>"What's your name?"
I never ask because I already know his name.

>"What's your favorite color?"
His is mine.

>"Can you explain Aristotle to me?"
He only knows what I know.
>>
>>34032666
>I can have a short conversation with him to make up [our] mind on what [we] want to eat.
What exactly would he say?
>I never ask because I already know his name.
How do you know? Did he tell you?
>He only knows what I know.
What if you ask something you dont know the answer to?
>>
>>34032666
You're a retarded asshole that's only pushing the misunderstanding of schizophrenia fuck off with you fear of schizophrenia and your confusion with separating it from DID a fake disorder to begin with
>>
>>34032841
>What exactly would he say?
What did you eat yesterday? What would fill you up for the work day? Would it be better to just starve until dinner? Do you think the cute waitress at Waffle House will be there and recognize you? Do you think that guy Mike at the IHOP would be on shift at this hour?

>How do you know? Did he tell you?
Yes.

>What if you ask something you dont know the answer to?
>>34032634

>>34032865
Oh okay sorry. Thought hearing voices and seeing shit move in the shadows was a mental disability and leaning over on the schizo meter but I see we have big successful intelligent doctors here on /r9k/.
>>
Yes.

bad.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.