[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pls help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (895KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
895KB, 3024x4032px
Got kicked out of my parents house and took a bus south to escape the cold. Got a shitty hotel room in Georgia but I have to leave by Wednesday bc that's when I run out of money. Has anyone been in this situation before? What should I do?
>>
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (103KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
103KB, 1080x1920px
Pretty nervous I think I'm gonna try to hitchhike south and then I don't know? How do I get my own place and job and etc
>>
>>34031688
>>>/adv/
Wrong board
Invest in knee pads then sell them in the red light district
>>
>>34032161
I am a regular on r9k I feel like I would get more advice here. But I'll take your suggestion. Thanks
>>
>>34032161
Also not a fag but is it easy to find a place to stay if I was? Just curious
>>
>>34031688
tell front desk your predicament, ask for a room in exchange for work. if they say fuck you then go somewhere else.
>>
>>34032348
also couch surfing sites are a thing.
>>
>>34032245
>>>No.919952
homeless thread on /out/
>>
>>34031688
I live in GA. What part are you in?
>>
>>34032381
>>>919952
postbloxxxccxvxcvzcvasdc
>>
>>34032398
In Athens
>>34032373
Don't you have to pay to join? I want to be able to have a future and not just be a bum is there a way to stay somewhere and learn a skill in return?
>>
Same thing is about to happen to me, my mom is about to kick me out of the house and I'm gonna be homeless again. I'm in the south, live in FL. Don't know what to do. Can't get a better job, I seriously don't have a clue. Don't have any friends to have as roommate. I'm fucked!1
>>
>>34032436
isn't that a college town? you should be able to find a place to crash there, there's also plenty of low level jobs available due to the students there
>>
>>34032436
Have you thought about rooming with someone at UGA?
>>
>>34031688
get a job?

i mean, even if its a shit job, itll give you a chance to get a roof over your head and food in your belly, even if for a bit that roofs a tent and a gym membership for showers, and the food is the cheapest shit you can find.

once you actually have a job, look up a place with a roomate you can afford.

it wont be easy and it might take some time, but its better then giving up.
>>
>>34032472
An FYI for anyone is this positon, in most states you're considered a resident even if you don't pay rent, therefore to "kick you out" they have to evict you which costs money and takes time (anywhere from 48 hours to two weeks) you can use that time to plan your next moves.
>>
>>34032487
Yea his is where UGA is but how do I find a place to stay with zero money? I'm less worried about a job then I am about a room. Shitty jobs are aboundent everywhere I think.
>>34032472
Where are you specifically? Maybe we could be hopeless together
>>
>>34032542
I appreciate that but I've been applying for jobs all week through my phone and in person and no luck yet. I'm paying 200 bucks a week for this hotel and I'm running out of options. I plan to head south from here bc it's that much warmer. If you know of somewhere I could be homeless and hold down a job please let me know. I figure my best chance is Florida where it's like 60 degrees year round
>>
>>34032544
How do I bring this up in a court of law? My mom just said get out and I left. I guess I didn't think smart enough to do this. Wouldn't it just be awkward for me anyways?
>>
>>34032647
try Fedex, Fedex Express specifically.

THE main hub is in Memphis TN, though im sure theres others closer(probably).

im down in Texas, and work at one considered to be one, if not the best, yet the Secondaries have a 75% turnover rate and are basically constantly hiring new blood.

its kinda shit work ill admit, and only part time, but good pay per hour, and with the shit people get away with at mine and it being the "good one" i can only imagine how lax the others are.
>>
>>34032558
I live in Tampa, FL. I refuse to be a homeless again, if/when I get kicked out, that day I'm getting stupidly drunk and cut my veins, I don't wanna live that life again, it sucks so fucking much not having where to keep my clothes and where to take a shower. I'm gonna kill myself, my mom is just a narcissist bitch who only cares about money. She's gonna regret the rest of her pathetic life. She's kicking me out because I'm supposed to give her $200 every month and sometimes I give her $195 or $180, this is her house, she pays only $500 in mortgage, and I pay the electric bill and the Internet. She pays water bill that comes every 2 months about $30 dollars. She's a greedy narcissistic bitch who only cares about money.
>>
>>34032647
>>34032715
also if you have a drivers license make sure to become a material handler, you get an immediate .70-1.00 raise and usually end up coming in earlier and leaving later, thus more hours and pay.
>>
>>34032688
Unfortunately since you voluntarily left you probably waived your residency. If you refused you could have called the sheriff dept and they would have came and informed her she can't legally throw you out yet and about the eviction process. Yeah it would be extremely awkward but you'd still have time in a house to plan or maybe her to think it over.
>>
>>34032720
If those 2 bills are a part of that $200 then nigga you ain't got shit to complain about financially speaking. Suck dick one day of the month and boom you have months rent. It ain't gay if it's to survive
>>
>>34032815
No, they're not. $200 for living here, then electric and Internet bill.
>>
>>34032436
Kennesaw/barret parkway is an ok area that has a small homeless community living in the woods by I-75. If you absolutely can't find anything in Athens, I would go there. Living in a tent with somebody beats living on the streets.
>>
>>34032715
I certainly don't mind shit work as it's a way for me to live but I'm just we arrived that I won't be able to be hired as I'm inevitably going to be dirty and homeless. I am smarter (I think) and more hard working than my peers but where do I stay and do I have to fake being stable I need order to secure a job?
>>
>>34032830
Are you unemployed? Big spender? Even $400 a month really isn't much, just 1.5 weeks of work minimum wage.
>>
>>34032852
Kennesaw? Like north of Atlanta? I would like to stop being homeless asap and it sounds like you're encouraging me to join a homeless camp. Am I wrong?
>>
>>34032830

You're a complete faggot if you're honesy whining about $200 and a couple of bills a months. Go fuck yourself, you're an entitled little cunt.
>>
>>34032891
I worked as a line cook at a fast food place when I lived with my mom and have no problem holding down a job but am just super nervous about finding a place to live with no money.
>>
File: t2w.png (49KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
t2w.png
49KB, 240x232px
>tfw same predicament as OP

I'm going to be kicked out soon. Fuck m8. Living as a hobo sounds miserable as fuck.
>>
Spend a few years as a vagrant, then write country music. You'll be rich.
>>
>>34032954
Where are you m8? I'm really nervous spent a night shivering in the woods behind a strip mall and would love to have some friends
>>
>>34032858
i mean, like i said, find a cheap gym membership or a place with a free shower, otherwise all i can think of is find a cheaper place and use it as your "Address" or something, i mean if you REALLY need a job, Fedex even has programs to help with school and emergency finance situations.

im sure somewhere there they try to fuck you over, but given they try to make it seem like they "care about you" telling them you REALLY need the job and such might actually work, no faking required.

all i can really say is, its a place i know from experience is known to take all kinds and is almost always hiring so its certainly worth a shot, id go for it for sure, better then not and finding nothing.
>>
>>34032973

South Carolina, charleston specifically.

I don't mind being a vagabond if I had a car or something.
>>
>>34032954
>>34032988

i also personally understand you guys position midly.

got kicked out of the house for a week a few years back.

luckily i had SOME money saved up, but im talking i lived in a tent in a field and ate pickles and jelly and jam on crackers after realizing fast food is NOT cheap when you dont have a steady income.

it was only a week, but i dont wish that on anyone from just what little i had to do.

worse was while i was out once i think i almost got robbed as once when i was coming back there was people yelling at my tent asking if anyone was in there. that was kinda nerve wracking for sure.
>>
>>34033011
I guess I'm south of you right now but if you're really in need I am too and company would be nice so let me know and I'll be in. Touch I guess
>>34032988
I appreciate that anon I'll keep trying as far as work but I guess I'm just soft because I can't stand sleeping out in this cold and I don't see telling an employer that I'm homeless and desperate as a winning strategy it seems like a better idea to try and hide it
>>
how could you fuck up so bad. i would probably join the army in that situation if i had no options
>>
>>34033089
I tried to enlist (navy not army lol) years ago but I have a hole in my eardrum so no go
>>
>>34032901
I'm just saying living in a camp is better than being completely homeless.

Kennesaw is a relatively safe place and you'll probably be able to find a job there.
>>
>>34033154
What's it like in that camp? Not trying to be a dick but I don't want to be around a bunch of homeless. Seems like a good way to be robbed of what little I have
>>
>>34033083
hey man i cant fucking stand the cold at all either.

hide it or not, but sadly in this world you really only have three options:

get a job, be a hobo, or spend what little money you have to get supplies and hope you can survive out inna national parks.

and only one of those options implies a stable and steady supply of food and a guaranteed roof.
>>
>>34033215
I don't think I have what it takes to live inna woods but I'm gonna try. I figure if I can stay warm why not? Is there a way to get a job with housing?
>>
>>34033496
looking it up, only things im seeing that might provide 'housing' is things like cruise ship crew, working at some national park resorts or something, and something about a wildlife/ land fire dispatcher?

i also saw google on a "help with housing list" and possibly something to do with mining.
>>
>>34031688
Go suck a few dicks for some quick cash.
>>
>>34033567
Thank you I need to look into this more but I'm losing my mind feels like because I'm so fucking we worried. I'm just hoping I can find somewhere warm I can stay and work a job to find my feet if that makes sense
>>
Why the fuck do American parents do this shit? WTF?. No other country would do shit like this
>>
>>34033618
Where are you from mate? This is like how I always see characters in English TV shows who 'dont driver's or are 'on the dole' and it's normal within the show whereas here that's not accepted.
>>
>>34033567
p.o. box counts as a valid address, can even use it on your drivers license
>>
>>34033617
no problem.

and if >>34033701
is correct, it shouldn't be too hard to get by even if you dont immediately have a place for rent.
>>
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
Thanks to everyone who replied I'm sure I'll work it out. I just have to work it out I guess
>>
Has anyone stayed in a homeless shelter before? Is it possible to rebuild or build your life from there?
>>
>>34034273

Haven't stayed but it is possible. Most offer free meals, a bed, clothes, and assistance applying for various state aid. I most just sleep in my car at nights
>>
>>34034174
I have some advice as a UGA Alum who just graduated. The SLC (Miller Learning Center) is 24 hours. If you can go, there and fuck around at night so you don't fall asleep and get kicked out, then during the day cross over to the Tate Center and sleep there. It's safe and you can play it off for a while until you find something else.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.