[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's your tulpa doing today?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

How's your tulpa doing today?
>>
File: 1404924490972.jpg (54KB, 600x600px)
1404924490972.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
still not conscious
>>
>>34029673
What the fuck is a tulpa anyways, self induced schizophrenia?
>>
>>34031186
Probably, I dunno. I think of mine more as an imaginary friend.

She usually doesn't say anything. The only times she says anything is when I start getting into a very negative thought cycle which used to lead to suicidal thoughts. She puts an end to the cycle by cheering me up before it gets worse.

I think my brain literally created her as some kind of anti-suicide mechanism.
>>
>>34031467
So, you could create one by accident? /x/ say it's dangerous. Then again, it's /x/.
>>
>>34031578
I think so because this wasn't really intentional.
>>
>>34031186
It's basically self induced schizophrenia, but in simpler terms it's just an imaginary friend. Like you have conversations with it, and give it a personality. You assign it likes and dislikes, it'll have it's own moral system and so forth. So in a sense it's a detailed imaginary friend, and most mental health experts would claim you aren't mentally sound if you have a tulpa. Some people are so attached to their tulpa that they have sex with it, or they sometimes believe someone is talking to them but the voices are in their head.

I'd say self induced schizophrenia is a good way to put it, but I think people create tulpas out of loneliness. They either want a friend or a girlfriend, so they invent this ideal friend, and it can be whatever the fuck they want. It can be a furry, an anime girl, a cartoon girl, a fish girl, etc. I wouldn't mind trying to make one because I am lonely as fuck and I already have conversations with myself, don't see what the difference would be.

I'm just afraid I'll get so attached to my tulpa that it'll have negative side effects on me, like I'll start to honestly believe it's real or something.
>>
File: litupnightsky.png (749KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
litupnightsky.png
749KB, 640x480px
>tfw it feels like your waifu is manipulating everything around me so she could be with you
warms my heart
>>
>>34031832
to be with me*
>>
File: pepe.jpg (77KB, 797x800px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
77KB, 797x800px
>tfw being in public and around others in no longer anxiety inducing because your loving tulpa is always with you

Why didn't I listed to /x/ sooner, lads?
>>
>>34032256
But I thought /x/ was against this. Giantgirl fag comes to mind.
>>
>>34032372
I have no idea what they're for or against.
The last time I went there was about 4 years ago and they were having a positive thread about tulpas.
>>
File: 1455227636664.png (100KB, 370x323px) Image search: [Google]
1455227636664.png
100KB, 370x323px
She's being distant. Yesterday we had a discussion on why I brought her to life and she started to get flaky when I said it was because I was lonely. Did I fuck up? I don't know if I should say sorry because I'm not lying in any way. Shouldn't she be happy that she's here?
>>
>>34032455
>tfw it all started out with her being very loving and friendly
>I fap to hentai one night
>feel guilty for the first time in years
>tfw cheated on tulpa

I fucked up lads.
>>
Lying next to me in bed still a bit sleepy, gonna have to shake her up I have to go to work
>>
When I was a kid I would invent stories in my head and get really into them

I get that everyone does that but I would try to structure mine more novels with character arcs and themes and symbols

I was always a character in these stories obviously but more of as just an observer

I don't know if that has anything to do with tulpas but Im mot really sure
>>
>>34032455
>>34032525
She's a figment of your imagination, she can't fucking physically do anything to you. This is the kind of shit with tulpas that piss me off, people start becoming afraid and letting their emotions get impacted by how their fucking imaginary friend is behaving.

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>34029673
My, my. Didn't know we had tulpa threads on /r9k/ nowadays.
I can faintly feel her lying on the bed, half-asleep.

>>34031678
>Some people are so attached to their tulpa that they have sex with it
I can confirm.

>>34032553
I used to have imaginary friend my entire childhood and in my turbo chuuni years I wrote a long ass story. My tulpa was the deuterotagonist and love interest to my self-insert in there. It is only natural I based 100% her on that character.
>>
>>34033037
Yould never understand.

Unmuted
>>
>>34033172
People usually say that when they're so far gone that they probably have a mental disorder and need to seek professional help.
>>
I'll probably get memes on for this but I've read a little bit into Tulpas but never actively tried to force it. However I'm honestly able to hold proper conversations with a voice in my head and I 100% believe I am not constructing responses for his voice myself. The responses come quickly and naturally. They often hold wildly different beliefs than me and give me a new perspective on issues, even ones I have firmly set my opinion on.

Is this a tulpa or am I just legitimately mentally ill?
>>
>>34033037
>tfw normies will never understand

please leave normie, you've done enough
>>
>>34033249
>Is this a tulpa or am I just legitimately mentally ill?
It could be both. When something like that happened to me, I saw it as a blessing and made the most of it. It turned into my tulpa.
But be careful. You are in control and don't let it get to you.
>>
>>34033253
I'm not a normie, I just find tulpas to be a gray area, for me at least. I've never had one, maybe if I made one I'd understand but when you let an imaginary friend take control of you then that's pretty bad.

I'm pretty much convinced people who get super attached to their tulpa become mentally ill and start to believe it's a real person that talks to them and can interact with the world around them. It's literally self induced schizophrenia, they'd probably have to give you schizophrenia medication to get rid of it.
>>
>>34033333
OH SHIT!!!! I'VE NEVER HAD QUINTS IN MY LIFE AND I'VE BEEN POSTING ON 4CHAN FOR LIKE 7 YEARS!!! HOLY SHIT I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW.

MOTHERFUCKING QUINTS!!!! FAGGOTS!!
>>
>>34033333
>>34033352
congrats friend
it's almost as exciting as gold isn't it?
>>
>>34033333
>born
>empty brain
>no personality
>no anything
>just a blank slate
>through time and experiences you become an actual person
>everything about you is formed from the people around you, the environment around you, the experiences you've had
>that's what makes you you, forms your personality, decides your actions, decides your questions and answers

The brains a pot for your dumb shit to be stored, why's it impossible for a second personality to be formed and considered real just because it has no physical body of its own?

>>34033352
>all this shit about dumb imaginary friends
>gets this fucking excited over his post number
>>
>>34033283
I think it's a coping mechanicm I created when I was younger that spun out of control. If shit is real rough, I usually hold a conversation for hours, and it's not always nice. I know some people think of their tulpas as sort of waifu but the voices in my head have no gender or appearance. There's been times where it's been kind and makes me feel safe. And then there's been times where it's straight up abusive and makes me question every choice I've made.
>>
>>34033662
>why's it impossible for a second personality to be formed and considered real just because it has no physical body of its own?

That's usually called dissociative identity disorder, it's the technical term for multiple personalities residing in one body. It's just instead of you taking on a different persona, you're creating one from scratch and giving it features, a name, emotions, back story, actions, etc. It'd probably be more concerning if you started acting like your imaginary friend, and thinking it resided in your body as a separate personality and entity.

Dissociative identity disorder is actually very rare, there are very few documented cases of it and it's much harder to prove that someone has it.
>>
I think the idea of a tulpa is interesting. I understand it to be another personality you create. It's like a writer creating a story book character. For some people, these tulpas are a form of aid, similar to how dissociative identity disorders have different personalities that help them in stressful situations.

What's concerning is the belief that tulpas have their own consciousness. Because here's the thing, your essence as a person, what makes you- well, you, is more than environmental influences and also it's more than biological determinants.

So to create a tulpa and believe it to be a separate conscious is either deceiving yourself at best, and at worst inviting beings into your self.

Often when you read of tulpa you come across the word "possession" as in, "my tulpa posseses me" and also of tulpas as familiars

In Christianity, when something posseses you, it's a sign of evil taking over you. And familiars were/are used by practitioners or magick.

I'm not saying this to scare anyone. But to inform you. Inviting a "tulpa" it seems, is similar to inviting beings into yourself. Although the being may or may not come to accept the invitation, the invitation is still open. You open a door into yourself that should not be opened. Please don't mess around with the occult.
>>
>>34033249
I think I have something similar, but the voice is pretty much always nice to me and usually sounds female (though it has changed voices several times throughout the years, it doesn't have a gender, I guess it just sounds however would feel most comfortable for me).

It always has good advice for me. I think if I just listened to it and followed its advice I'd be a lot happier.
>>
>>34034314
My voice has no gender. At least yours is always nice. Mine is able to form valid criticisms of me and hold arguments that completely btfo my beliefs on a regular basis. It's sometimes nice though and when it is, it's pleasant.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.